Welcome to Gaia! ::

Newzpop Reporta Tyro Bong
Pastel x Pumpkin
Oh wow, Gaia produces its own comics? That is amazing! I will definitely have to check it out, although if the zurg are from '06... sweatdrop ...I am going to have a LOT to read. sweatdrop

Gaia has it's own comics yeah. 3nodding You can access those at any time by going to the World arrow Manga section of the site.

Here's some lore summaries that might be able to help exclaim

A Bad Retelling of Gaia's Lore - Gambino Edition
A Bad Retelling of Gaia's Lore - Ian Edition

Who draws them? Members? Staff? I bet you helped with the zurg stuff, eh? I will check those out after this episode is done.

Friendly Visitor

26,675 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • The Edgiest 250
Pastel x Pumpkin
Pastel x Pumpkin
Oh wow, Gaia produces its own comics? That is amazing! I will definitely have to check it out, although if the zurg are from '06... sweatdrop ...I am going to have a LOT to read. sweatdrop

Gaia has it's own comics yeah. 3nodding You can access those at any time by going to the World arrow Manga section of the site.

Who draws them? Members? Staff? I bet you helped with the zurg stuff, eh? I will check those out after this episode is done.

No, no. I'm just a regular community member just like you! No one special. xd

The official Gaia comics were drawn by Gaia staff. 3nodding The recent Gaia Daydreams manga was actually drawn by L0cke.

L0cke is drawing some Monster Galaxy comics now so the Daydreams comic has taken a pause, but if you like his art style you can read the Monster Galaxy manga. (The MoGA manga is unrelated to Gaia's main lore though as an FYI. So if you want to learn about Gaia's lore stick to my previous recommendation of reading through the Rise of Gambino first, and then go through the other comics from that point onwards.)

I'm curious, let's see if this'll work....

L0cke

I ran into a newbie, want to say hi? biggrin She is new to Gaia and seem to be interested in the comics and lore.
Pastel x Pumpkin
Pastel x Pumpkin

No, no. I'm just a regular community member just like you! No one special. xd

The official Gaia comics were drawn by Gaia staff. 3nodding The recent Gaia Daydreams manga was actually drawn by L0cke.

L0cke is drawing some Monster Galaxy comics now so the Daydreams comic has taken a pause, but if you like his art style you can read the Monster Galaxy manga. (The MoGA manga is unrelated to Gaia's main lore though as an FYI. So if you want to learn about Gaia's lore stick to my previous recommendation of reading through the Rise of Gambino first, and then work your way through the other comics from that point onwards.)

I'm curious, let's see if this'll work....

L0cke

I ran into a newbie, want to say hi? biggrin She is new to Gaia and seem to be interested in the comics and lore.

You love to summon people! xd Who is L0cke though? Another Developer like Mavdoc or...? Did multiple people work on the comics because the art style changes it looks like.

Friendly Visitor

26,675 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
Pastel x Pumpkin
You love to summon people! xd Who is L0cke though? Another Developer like Mavdoc or...? Did multiple people work on the comics because the art style changes it looks like.

Quote summons are pretty helpful yes. (Mavdoc was previously a developer but he isn't now. His name color is changed to developer since Lanzer gave him dev powers for the meets ehehe.)

L0cke was one of the founders of Gaia along with Lanzer. He's an artist. Back when Daydreams was being updated he'd pop around the forums every so often, but haven't seen him posting in the forums for awhile now. Think of it like a rare shiny pokemon encounter if you do see him or something haha.

Yeah, there were different artists that worked on the comic over the years. To be honest with you I wouldn't be able to remember all of them. sweatdrop haha.
Pastel x Pumpkin

Quote summons are pretty helpful yes. (Mavdoc was previously a developer but he isn't now. His name color is changed to developer since Lanzer gave him dev powers for the meets ehehe.)

L0cke was one of the founders of Gaia along with Lanzer. He's an artist. Back when Daydreams was being updated he'd pop around the forums every so often, but haven't seen him posting in the forums for awhile now. Think of it like a low odd shiny pokemon encounter if you do see him or something haha.

Yeah, there were different artists that worked on the comic over the years. To be honest with you I wouldn't be able to remember all of them. sweatdrop haha.

Ahhh, well, here is to hoping he graces me with his presence. I am playing Pokémon Silver right now and I am at Lake of Rage. Gotta catch me a shiny red gyrados! emotion_kiss
Pastel x Pumpkin
Oh? There is a limit on sending friend requests? That is odd. Do we have a friend limit too? And sure, I added Newzpop! You can be my friend too! I just discovered the emoji above the text input box. I didn't even notice them before. sweatdrop How is your evening going? And that is awesome that zOMG! was embraced by the site as a whole. I know I am going to check it out. 3nodding So, what other nifty things are there to do on here?

The limit is quite high for friend requests. I'm only at 1200+ friends now because I've had 12 years of people sending me friend requests for the Dev Meat. xd That way I'll appear on their map to warp to in case we were on different layers like I'd mentioned earlier.

Hope you enjoy playing zOMG!! biggrin The people at the Dev Meat are much more knowledgeable about what there is to do on the site than I am currently, so that might be a good topic at a gathering. 3nodding

From the Gaia menu, I'd just recommend visiting both:

Catch -> Spinami
Games -> Dumpster Dive

They can be a great source of free items everyday to fill out your inventory and give you new dress up ideas. whee
Mavdoc
Pastel x Pumpkin
Oh? There is a limit on sending friend requests? That is odd. Do we have a friend limit too? And sure, I added Newzpop! You can be my friend too! I just discovered the emoji above the text input box. I didn't even notice them before. sweatdrop How is your evening going? And that is awesome that zOMG! was embraced by the site as a whole. I know I am going to check it out. 3nodding So, what other nifty things are there to do on here?

The limit is quite high for friend requests. I'm only at 1200+ friends now because I've had 12 years of people sending me friend requests for the Dev Meat. xd That way I'll appear on their map to warp to in case we were on different layers like I'd mentioned earlier.

Hope you enjoy playing zOMG!! biggrin The people at the Dev Meat are much more knowledgeable about what there is to do on the site than I am currently, so that might be a good topic at a gathering. 3nodding

From the Gaia menu, I'd just recommend visiting both:

Catch -> Spinami
Games -> Dumpster Dive

They can be a great source of free items everyday to fill out your inventory and give you new dress up ideas. whee

1200+ friends? burning_eyes That is crazy! I have 1 and it is Newzpop! Well, 2 if you accepted my friend request. redface Thank you for the help though, sorry for the questions. I'll try not to pester you too much. I will give it a go when Wolven can help me! biggrin But they seem to be MIA, ha ha.

Friendly Visitor

26,675 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
Pastel x Pumpkin
I am playing Pokémon Silver right now and I am at Lake of Rage. Gotta catch me a shiny red gyrados! emotion_kiss

Oh cool! I've been playing Pokemon Legends as of late. emotion_kirakira Right now crossing my fingers that Pokemon Home will be made compatible with it.
We're halfway there! Half a year away from Halloween! Let's celebrate with The Raccoon Society's idea to hold a midyear Halloween. biggrin

Springween is now upon us! emotion_ghost emotion_zombie emotion_skull

Let's see lots of creepy monsters and ghouls, witches and pumpkins, werewolves and vampires, tricks and treats! gaia_moon

The appropriately named Blood Bat server will host us at 5 pm PST tonight. gaia_nitemareleft

We're going to venture into the heart of spookiness to hold this ghastly convention. eek That's right, The Jackyard will be our haunting ground. twisted Make sure to have a chat with Charon (grim reaper dude) one room west and one room south of the fountain in Barton, and he'll send you on your way. Then head to the bottom room once you're there. pirate

I hope you're ready to face the eerie creatures and sounds of the night so soon after the safety of bunnies and chicks from Easter! burning_eyes

Everyday can't be Halloween, but this is a good first step! whee

*BONUS*: tonight is the 12th anniversary of the Dev Meats! SCARY how long it's lasted! wink

Remember to have a friend you can warp to, or add me to your friends list which I'll gladly accept. If you happen to arrive in zOMG! on a different layer than everyone else, just check your map for the blue dot with an arrow representing a friend, and click on that to instantly warp to their location.

If you're on the wrong layer and don't have any friends at the Dev Meat, open the Recrewt List (button located on the bottom of the map window), and toggle on the "Looking for Crew" checkbox. After getting warped to the correct layer from someone's invite, either stay in the crew or toggle your name off in the Recrewt List so people will know you're on the right layer.

Note that zOMG! servers constantly get recycled, filled up and shutdown for new ones, so make sure to check back here if the server we meat on will need to change, as it will be updated in this announcement.
Pastel x Pumpkin

Hi there! Sorry for the delayed response, I haven't been super active this week. sweatdrop

Were you able to get zOMG! running, or did you need any help with it?

Whenever you'd like to play, do shoot me a PM and we can work out a time! Pro tip: The server population shows in a scrolling marquee at the top of the title screen. By default, the more populated server falls to the bottom of the list. I recommend choosing the second server so you're able to find other players!

To clarify on the rings question: You can customize your rings however you want! You can even choose a specific ring set for a stat boost (they are all listed in the "Game Help" as well). Different areas, monsters, and boss fights might demand more specific rings for optimal game play, but you will get a feeling for what is helpful as you go. Most people, once they've gotten a good collection of rings, will take a couple attacks, some buffs, and a heal or passive ring.
It's only when you get to the post-game dungeon (Deadman's Shadow) where more specific ring sets become crucial, and you'll have specific roles for healer (tanking) etc. However, you will have plenty of time to familiarize yourself with the game mechanics before you beat the game.

I saw that you like Pokemon! Pokemon Silver was my absolute favorite game as a kid, I replayed it non-stop biggrin How far are you in the game now?

I'll be showing up at Dev Meat tonight, hope to see you there! And of course, if you have any other questions, feel free to ask!
Wolven Bird
Pastel x Pumpkin

Hi there! Sorry for the delayed response, I haven't been super active this week. sweatdrop

Were you able to get zOMG! running, or did you need any help with it?

Whenever you'd like to play, do shoot me a PM and we can work out a time! Pro tip: The server population shows in a scrolling marquee at the top of the title screen. By default, the more populated server falls to the bottom of the list. I recommend choosing the second server so you're able to find other players!

To clarify on the rings question: You can customize your rings however you want! You can even choose a specific ring set for a stat boost (they are all listed in the "Game Help" as well). Different areas, monsters, and boss fights might demand more specific rings for optimal game play, but you will get a feeling for what is helpful as you go. Most people, once they've gotten a good collection of rings, will take a couple attacks, some buffs, and a heal or passive ring.
It's only when you get to the post-game dungeon (Deadman's Shadow) where more specific ring sets become crucial, and you'll have specific roles for healer (tanking) etc. However, you will have plenty of time to familiarize yourself with the game mechanics before you beat the game.

I saw that you like Pokemon! Pokemon Silver was my absolute favorite game as a kid, I replayed it non-stop biggrin How far are you in the game now?

I'll be showing up at Dev Meat tonight, hope to see you there! And of course, if you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

I am at the Lake of Rage. Gotta catch me that shiny gyrados! I also caught Raiku already, although it was sheer luck that I did. Okay, so there is strategy involved; intriguing. I will have to do the tutorial. I accepted the two free rings you linked me, although I don't know what they do. I hope you all have a great time at the Dev Meat tonight! I'm not sure whether or not I'll be on tonight. I still have to download the program that runs it and then the actual application.
yet a second bust
The jackyard does not have a map it shows low signal and therefore no way to transport to another layer if no one else is there.
Bust for options on layer transport.
god n1t30wl xiii ssc
yet a second bust
The jackyard does not have a map it shows low signal and therefore no way to transport to another layer if no one else is there.

Are you on Blood Bat? I'm not seeing you on recrewt
I hope everyone enjoys themselves at Dev Meet Up! I probably won't be there, but I'll make it another Friday!
Wolven Bird
god n1t30wl xiii ssc
yet a second bust

Are you on Blood Bat? I'm not seeing you on recrewt

Yes that's where I was. Changing layers is a royal pain in mi culo

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out