Welcome to Gaia! ::

You're walking down a lonely road. Up ahead there is a fork leading in opposite directions. You follow the road that leads to...

SILENT HILL 0.75873544093178 75.9% [ 456 ]
RACOON CITY 0.24126455906822 24.1% [ 145 ]
Total Votes:[ 601 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 5871 5872 5873 > >> >>> »|

User Image

NEWS

--------------------------------------------------------------------

ABOUT THE DISCUSSION

In an order to help organize and coordinate Silent Hill discussions (as well to help streamline the videogame section of Gaia), I've decided to create this thread, so that silent hill fans can discuss information related to the series.

Silent Hill is a series that's reputable for it's depth and beauty, as well as sheer psychological horror. Unlike other Survival Horror games, Silent Hill has a great deal of emphasis on character and 'fear of the unknown', instead of using cheap scares. While there is less emphasis on action, the game still does a remarkable job scaring the living crap out of anyone who plays it (sterotypically, alone, at night). The series is also famous for its confusing nature, which can (believe it or not) be reasoned out and explained, though a few details are still left to theory, because there is no complete explanation. Additionally the game is incredible due to the amount of depth that's involved in the monsters that inhabit it.

Plot related discussion
FILM DISCUSSION
Music (Akira Yamaoka, ect)
Art Of Silent Hill, visual symbols
Character related discussions
Theories
Monsters
Weapons
and other ideas, concepts, websites...Anything related to the world of silent hill, including information on the film , and the Silent Hill comic!

SILENT HILL SEQUEL (film)

[11.11.07]

In July 2007, Avary said that he would not be returning to collaborate on Silent Hill 2 on the account that Gans would not be returning, either. The sequel will continue in development without Avary or Gans.
3. ^ Ryan Rotten. "EXCL: Avary Skips Trip to Silent Hill 2", ShockTillYouDrop.com, 2007-07-18. Retrieved on 2007-07-18.

[3.09.07]NEIL GAIMAN NOT WRITING NEXT SILENT HILL FILM! sad

"And the reason I'm trying to post is that when I did Internet Cafe my way online yesterday I discovered pretty much all of my FAQ messages were people asking whether I was really going to be writing the Silent Hill sequel with Roger Avary. I'm afraid that I don't think I am -- I mean, it's the first thing I've ever heard of it, and I'm sure that if they make a sequel Roger would want to write it himself. I am writing Black Hole with Roger (we're one draft in right now), and we already wrote next year's Beowulf. If I get home to find an invitation to write Silent Hill 2 with Roger is waiting for me I'll let you all know, but for right now I think it's a discredited internet rumour."

...Quoted from Neil Gaiman's blog

[2.27.07] SECOND SILENT HILL FILM CONFIRMED

"There are a slew of film adaptations of video games in production right now, Hitman, Alice, and Postal, for example. Now, according to director Christophe Gans, Silent Hill 2 can be added to that list.

Gans, the Antibes-born director of the first Silent Hill movie, has revealed that a second SH film is on the way and that it will correct the mistakes of the first.

The original Silent Hill, released on April 21, 2006, told the story of Rose Da Silva, a mother who sets out to find a town called Silent Hill, which her daughter Sharon calls to in her sleep.

Gans confirmed in an interview with French magazine DVDrama that "there will indeed be a Silent Hill 2 and it is officially ordered and is already well underway. Once he has finished his adaptation of Driver, Roger Avary will be [working on the script], helped by his friend Neil Gaiman."

...Read more at gamespot.com

FILM INFORMATION

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Silent Hill Film site
Release date: APRIL 21ST (2006)
DVD release: April 21, 2006 in North America and was distributed by TriStar Pictures. The film was released on DVD, Blu-ray disc, and UMD in North America on August 22, 2006.

Directed by Christopher Gans

Writing credits (in alphabetical order)
Roger Avary
Nicolas Boukhrief
Christopher Gans
Roger Roberts

Cast (in credits order)
Radha Mitchell .... Rose
Laurie Holden .... Cybil Bennet
Sean Bean .... Christopher
Deborah Kara Unger .... Dahlia Gillespie
Tanya Allen .... Alessa Gillespie
Christopher Britton .... Adam (as Chris Britton)
Kim Coates .... Officer Gucci
Jodelle Ferland .... Sharon
Alice Krige .... Cristabella

Original Music by Akira Yamaoka

synopsis: The eerie and deserted town of Silent Hill draws a young mother, desperate to find a cure for her daughter's bizarre illness. Unable to accept the doctor's diagnosis that her daughter Sharon should be permanently institutionalized for psychiatric care, Rose (Radha Mitchell) flees with the girl, heading for the abandoned town in search of answers and ignoring the protests of her husband Christopher (Sean Bean).

It's soon clear this place is unlike anywhere she's ever been. It's smothered by fog, inhabited by a variety of strange beings and periodically overcome by a living Darkness that literally transforms everything it touches. As Rose searches for her little girl, she begins to learn the history of the strange town and realizes that her daughter is just a pawn in a larger game.

SILENT HILL ORIGINS

Sony PSP (Playstation Portable)
Release Date: November 6th, 2007

Synopsis: (From IGN.com) The story will center around a lone truck driver who's in the middle of a routine delivery and finds himself trapped in the city limits. Unfortunately, this man has an extremely troubled past, and as we discovered, had severe hallucinations and delusional episodes. As the town begins its descent into the madness that grips its streets and buildings, the player will be forced to confront these hallucinations as well as the strange monsters that inhabit Silent Hill.

Will you buy a Sony PSP just to play Silent Hill Origins?
YES. 27% [ 197 ]
Mayyyybe..... 32% [ 235 ]
NO! 40% [ 294 ]
Total Votes : 726

SILENT HILL 5

information about SH5 from Eurogamer:

The fifth episode of the gruesome Silent Hill series was confirmed today, but is being designed with next generation console hardware in mind.

During an interview to be published later this week, chief designer of the game Masashi Tsuboyama admitted that the title is already being planned for next generation machines, although Konami has yet to decide which one.

Asked if there would be a further Silent Hill game after the release of The Room, out next month on PS2, Xbox and PC, Tsuboyama-san first clarified rumours that it would not be called 'Shadows', but was happy to confirm that there would be ongoing adventures in the series.

"One website said we are creating a fifth [Silent Hill] called Shadows - we don't know where they got their information from; obviously it's not Shadows that we are creating, but we are creating the next one.

"We're not sure which hardware we will put [it out on], but [it will be] on the best one, be it PS3, be it Xbox 2... It won't be on the current consoles," he confirmed.

The news therefore means that The Room will be the last game in the series for some time, with next gen machines not expected to be released until some point in 2006.

Meanwhile, responding to criticism that The Room is too action-focused at the expense of puzzle solving, he retorted: "I don't take that as a negative. That was the concept all along."

RELATED LINKS

Official Silent Hill Guild
Translated Lost Memories
UK silent hill forum
No escape
Silent Hill : The Room
Silent Hill Heaven
Silent Hill Forum (highly suggested)
Central Silent Hill
Wikipedia definition of silent hill
CHIBI SILENT HILL COMIC
Bridge of Thread (a Silent Hill comic)
Axis of Perdition --A band heavily influenced by silent hill!

ARTICLES
Interview with creators of silent hill 4 : the room
Silent Hill 3 interview
Silent Hill Film set photos

Terminal Dogma's Silent Hill comic! domokun
Part 1
Part 2

RULES

1. NO FLAMING. NONE. Whatsoever. Flamers will be reported to admins.
2. Keep discussions relevant to the game.
3. No spam, please.
4. Have fun!
INFLUENCES / RECOMMENDATIONS

Jacob's Ladder : MAJOR influence in the game series. A must see.

(I) = Influenced the series

TV

Twin Peaks Directed by David Lynch and Mark Frost (I)
X-files Created by Chris Carter (I)
Lost Created by J.J. Abrams and Damon Lindelof
Paranoia Agent Created by Satoshi Kon

Film

Creep directed by Mike Barker
One Missed Call directed by Takashi Miike
One Missed Call 2 directed by Takashi Miike
Silent Hill directed by Christopher Gans (2006)
Eraserhead directed by David Lynch (I)
Mulholland Drive directed by David Lynch
Lost Highway directed by David Lynch
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me directed by David Lynch
The Shining directed by Stanley Kubrick
Jacob's Ladder Adrian Lyne (I)
The Ring directed by Hideo Nakata (I)
The Grudge directed by Takeshi Shimizu
Dark Water directed by Hideo Nakata
The Changeling directed by Peter Medak
Session 9 directed by Brad Anderson (I)
Friday the 13th directed by Sean S. Cunningham
Eyes without a Face directed by Georges Franju
The Fog directed by John Carpenter (I)
Saw directed by James Wan
The Mothman Prophecies directed by Mark Pellington
The Wicker man directed by Robin Hardy
Pan's Labyrinth directed by Guillermo del Toro
Silence of the Lambs directed by Jonathan Demme (I)
Daisetsu directed by ___

Games
Haunting Ground for Playstation 2
Rule of Rose for Playstation 2
Siren for Playstation 2
F.E.A.R for PC
The Suffering for various systems.
Alone in the Dark for various systems.

Books
House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski (I)
Coin Locker Babies by Ryu Murakami (I)
Fear nothing by Dean Koontz
Phantoms by Dean Koontz (I)
The Shining by Steven King (I)
The Mist by Steven King (I)
Carrie by Steven King (I)
The Ring by Koji Suzuki (I)
Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World by Haruki Murakami

Artists

Hans belmer (I)(http://www.angelfire.com/in2/belmer)
Francis Bacon(I)(http://www.francis-bacon.cx)

Graphic Novels/Manga

Silent Hill: Cage of Cradle
Silent Hill: Dying Inside
Silent Hill: Among the Damned
Silent Hill: Paint it Black
Silent Hill: The Grinning Man

Music

Portishead (Triphop)
Nine Inch Nails [NIN] (I)

Note: If you have any other suggestions for TV shows, Films, or Books for silent hill fans, PLEASE MESSAGE Saehild, and I'll add it to the list!

COSPLAY

[heavens_night] cosplay
http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=17859&member=31883
http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=18044&member=31883

credit goes to Cosplay.com Nyana and Sweet-Rikku domokun
SILENT HILL INFORMATION

Games

Silent Hill 1 (Playstation)
Silent Hill : Play Novel (Gameboy Advance)
Silent Hill 2 (Playstation 2, Xbox)
Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams (Xbox)
Silent Hill 2: Game of the Year Edition (PS2)
Silent Hill 3 (PS2, PC)
Silent Hill 4: The Room (PS2) (Xbox)
Silent Hill : Origins (Release Date: November 6th, 2007)
Silent Hill 5: (TBA)

Protagonists

Silent Hill 1: Harry Mason

Silent Hill 2: James Sunderland

Silent Hill 3: Heather Morris

Silent Hill 4: Henry Townshend

Silent Hill (Origins): Travis Grady

Other Characters

Silent Hill 1

Dahlia Gillespie
Lisa Garland
Cybill Benett
Cheryl Mason
Alessa Gillespie
Michael Kaufmann

Silent Hill 2

Maria
Laura
Angela Orosco
Eddie Dombrowski
Mary Sunderland

Silent Hill 3

Douglass Cartland
Claudia Wolf
Leonard Wolf
Vincent
Stanley Coleman

Silent Hill 4

Eileen Galvin
Cynthia Valesquez
Jasper Gein
Andrew DeSalvo
Richard Braintree
Joseph Schreiber
Frank Sunderland
Walter Sullivan
Little Walter

THE MUSIC OF SILENT HILL

kI no ko Fukuro caramel usagi
Silent Hill Discussion SIGS by darkshinebaby
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
silenthill is coooooooooooooooooool i love it 3nodding
I like them all
to start things off... What is everyone's theory on the world of silent hill? Does it include devil worship? Did the cult die out or is the cult still inhabiting Silent Hill? What is the "other world"?
I wish you luck on your thread. I'm doing something like this for anything Megaman/Rockman related and it's not doing so well. *Does Giving Saehild Good Luck Bump*

I swear, when I try to type luck, I type lick instead.
it is hard to chose! Damn! I wish I had put "all of them" on the poll.. Only if there was some way to edit it...
Saehild
to start things off... What is everyone's theory on the world of silent hill? Does it include devil worship? Did the cult die out or is the cult still inhabiting Silent Hill? What is the "other world"?

I have no clue and i hope i never find out. o.o
Urufu Yasha Ryoko
I wish you luck on your thread. I'm doing something like this for anything Megaman/Rockman related and it's not doing so well. *Does Giving Saehild Good Luck Bump*

thanks! I hope it works out...And I hope your official megaman thread gets popular and stays at the top.
it's interesting to think about... I'm still baffled at what the "other world" is...
Saehild
Urufu Yasha Ryoko

thanks! I hope it works out...And I hope your official megaman thread gets popular and stays at the top.

I hope so too (thanks for T3H HOP!NG). Bleah, so far it's only been kept up 'cause my friend came in and started talking to me, followed by a few random posters. Maybe I should change my first post...or the title..... sweatdrop
thanks! I really like the monster design for "the room", the girl reminds me somewhat of Samara, but she's also unique in the horrible sound she makes, and the fact that she flies with her hair, and can't use her legs. She's really creepy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff