Welcome to Gaia! ::

Latest News Post: [X]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

for Arcade apparently, but hopefully itll get a PS3/4/Vita port as well.

discuss your new character/feature wants.
There's something kind of weird about those graphics. Particularly on WoL's model....but......

Yay! I'm glad they're finally doing a larger scale Dissidia. Hopefully it'll make it's way to the consoles. Also really glad to see that XIV finally has some representation. Hopefully Y'shtola won't be the only character for 14. I'd really like to see them even out the character and stage representations again, like they had in the original Dissida. (like maybe have 2 chaos and 2 cosmos each or something).

Here's a few characters I'd like to see. Obviously I doubt they'll add 30-40 new characters, but assuming every current character returns:

FFI:
WoL (Black Mage), maybe Lich? Marilith? Or Astos even?

FFII:
Maria, Minwu, Leon, and um....Borghen? I guess? Emperor kind of covers Chaos.

FFIII:
Sarah, Doga, Xande, Hyne

FFIV:
Rydia(!!), Rosa, Zemus, Rubicante

FFV:
Faris....uh.... Galuf, Um.....Necrophobe? FFV doesn't have a lot of major characters.

FFVI:
Celes, Edgar, Leo

FFVII:
Aerith, Rufus, Cid, Vincent

FFVIII:
Rinoa, Seifer, Quistis, Adel (since Ulti has Edea as a costume already. Otherwise Edea).

FFIX:
Beatrix, Vivi, Garnet, um... Brahne?

FFX:
Seymour(!!!), Auron, Paine, Rikku

FFXI:
Lion, Lilisette, Kam'lanaut, Lillith (omg I can't believe I know who these people are now! D: )

FFXII:
Vayne(!!), Ashe (!!!), Dr. Cid, Balthier

FFXIII:
Dysley, Noel, Caius, Serah..........and I GUESS Snow. Ugh.

FFXIV:
Not QUITE there yet... But more than likely Thancred, Yda and Papalymo just from what I've seen so far. And Nael Deus Darnus.

You know what else I'd like to see? Bosses. For the major characters that would likely be too difficult or OP to control. Like Tiamat (I), Calcobrena (IV), Ultros (VI), Jenova (VII), Yunalesca (X), Promathia (XI), Dahaka (XIII), etc.

Fated Paladin

Yeah, there's something off about Warrior's and Terra's faces to me...

There are plenty of characters I'd like to see, but the ones I want more than anyone else are Seymour and Vayne. Like, they could add all my other wanted characters, but if Seymour and Vayne get shafted again I will be super disappointed.

I'd also like to see more spinoff and sequel characters added. Ramza, Marche, Luso, Benjamin, Layle, Ace, Ceodore, Brandt, Sol, Nacht, etc. I'd love to see Elgo, but I know that'll never happen.
Kether Taninniver
There are plenty of characters I'd like to see, but the ones I want more than anyone else are Seymour and Vayne. Like, they could add all my other wanted characters, but if Seymour and Vayne get shafted again I will be super disappointed.
Same Same SAME.

I swear I will burn Square-Enix to the ground. I think of all the characters I'd like to see, I think I might actually burst into a volcano if Seymour, Vayne, Dysley, and Kam'lanaut (or Shadow Lord I GUESS.....dat Kam'lanaut tho emotion_dowant ) all get shafted again. I mean let's throw in Nael Deus Darnus and Idola Eldercapt while we're at it, huh? The 1:1 Cosmos to Chaos ratio has become quite skewed since 012.

EDIT** Or Stella. I....kinda forgot about that b***h. She hasn't been in a trailer since like 2011 so idk how much of an antagonist she's really gonna be...

Also, Kether, this is a thing. In case you didn't know.

User Image

Fated Paladin

Kuja9113
Kether Taninniver
Same Same SAME.

I swear I will burn Square-Enix to the ground. I think of all the characters I'd like to see, I think I might actually burst into a volcano if Seymour, Vayne, Dysley, and Kam'lanaut (or Shadow Lord I GUESS.....dat Kam'lanaut tho emotion_dowant ) all get shafted again. I mean let's throw in Nael Deus Darnus and Idola Eldercapt while we're at it, huh? The 1:1 Cosmos to Chaos ratio has become quite skewed since 012.

EDIT** Or Stella. I....kinda forgot about that b***h. She hasn't been in a trailer since like 2011 so idk how much of an antagonist she's really gonna be...

Also, Kether, this is a thing. In case you didn't know.

-snip-

Ah, yes, Kam'lanaut. I haven't played FFXI, but even I was super pissed off when I learned that Kam'lanaut and Eald'narche were both considered for Duodecim only to to get Prishe (because we needed more Cosmos members amirite?) and Evil Tidus and Evil Cloud. emotion_donotwant

And, yeah, I'm quite familiar with that picture. Definitely my favorite Dissidia fanart with all those characters I want and can't have. emo
Hexstus
I've never played any of the Dissidia games (even though I desperately want to) but I'm curious as to which "mage" characters are in them. I have a feeling they didn't include too many because of their obsession with generic sword-wielding characters.
most characters have a decent amount of magic they can use.

in terms of "pure" magic users theres:
Onion Knight(half melee half magic)
Terra
Yuna
Lightning(Ravager mode)
Emperor
Golbez
Kefka
Kuja
Shantotto
Hexstus
Wow. That's awful. I mean, I'd love to use Kefka anyway but the lack of Vivi and Tellah makes me sad. Also I have no idea who Shantotto is.
theres typically only 2 characters from each game in the series, the main character and main villain.
Duodecim added a few more characters(Kain, Gilgamesh,Tifa, Laguna, Yuna, Prishe, Vaan, Lightning, and Feral Chaos) but only Yuna is a primarily magic character(Lightning as well if you stay in Ravager mode).

Kefka is the troll character.
so annoying to fight against.

Shantotto is a character from FF11

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Hexstus
What are Golbez, Kuja and Emperor like? Ah, I should have known that considering I played Final Fantasy XI but it's been ages. Do they offer the Dissidia games through the PS Vita? Or would I need a PSP?
havent played much of Golbez(or most of the villains, i put over 100 hours into Dissidia and only got like 4 characters to level 100) but from how he is when you fight him he uses a lot of i wanna say "gravity" type abilities.
hes powerful but slow.

Kuja is pretty cool, my favorite Villain to play as.
he is the only character who can freely fly around(Sephiroth can as well in Ex Mode).

Emperor is another troll character.
he primarily uses traps and is very annoying to fight against.

Dissidia and Duodecim are both available to download from PSN for both PSP and Vita.
dont bother with normal Dissidia though, Duodecim includes the entirety of Dissidia(changed a little to accommodate the new world map).

i guess Exdeath can be considered a "mage" character as well.
he is the best character defensive wise.
So I doubt hardly anybody is going to follow this since most people haven't played FFXI, but I'm just gonna say it.

Shantotto shouldn't be in Dissidia. After having played through nearly everything FFXI has to offer (Seekers of Adoulin is my only remaining expansion), I've come to the conclusion that Shantotto is just a terrible choice as the "representative" of FFXI. I guess they must have chosen her solely because she was the most popular character, but honestly I don't even see how. She's almost completely irrelevant to the story. She only plays a minorly significant role in Treasures of Aht Urhgan. She doesn't even have an entertaining quest line. It's like 3 or 4 quests and they're all super short, boring fetch quests. And they were released before they gave her her rhyming speech pattern so she wasn't even particularly likable.

I'm glad to see that Prishe, Nashmeira ["Aphmau"] and Lilisette made their way into Theatrhythm since they're actually all the main characters of their respective expansions, but like there's just a much better selection of characters they could have chosen from to be the official 'main' character of FFXI. Lion would have been my choice as she's like the main protagonist of the original FFXI storyline AND the first expansion pack. I'd much rather her than an almost entirely irrelevant side character with a shitty quest line. I mean she's not even a great character in the little bit of story that she's in. I mean entertaining AT TIMES, but she's really just kind of an a*****e for the most part. My only real point in her favor is that she has the least annoying Tarutaru speech impediment ((guys seriously Tarutaru are the WORST)).
Hexstus
Zered Heizien

What are Golbez, Kuja and Emperor like? Ah, I should have known that considering I played Final Fantasy XI but it's been ages. Do they offer the Dissidia games through the PS Vita? Or would I need a PSP?

Golbez has several ranged attacks based on shadow magic and summoning components of the Bab-il CPU, and learns several BRV-HP chains... which means that any hit confirm can threaten a good bit of pain. He's a bit slow, though. I like using him.
"Guide my inner shadow! Light and dark above, TRANSCEND THE STARS!"

(Engine note: most attacks fall under two categories:
BRV - Attacks deal damage to the target's Bravery, reducing the target's ability to deal damage and putting him at risk of a Break status. Broken characters eat more critical hits and can't deal any sort of damage.

HP - Attacks dump all of your Bravery Points into an attack that deals actual Hit Point damage to your target. If you hit with an HP while you are broken, you normally instantly recover from Break.)

Kuja plays like you'd think a mage would. Summoning Holy orbs for "melee" attacks, throwing fireballs, being super floaty, etc.
"Here comes the finale!"

Emperor puts a lot of traps and other static / proximity crap all over the place, so he can be kinda annoying.
"My reign is absolute!"

----

You should still be able to get a PSN emulation of the older Dissidia games for Vita. 012 [duodecim] has a slightly different engine, but the same general gameplay, and inlcudes the entire story of the original; so you lose nothing if you only get 012. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff