Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
So first off let me say I'm really horrible at making request threads. Sorry.

I am an aspiring writer who cant spell to save my life nor am I any good at grammar or punctuation. So it takes me forever to work on a story. Especially when I know I spelled a word right but Word says I didn't.

I am also slightly dyslexic.

So here it goes.

I have a dozen stories I am currently writing. Quite a few of them I would love to be made into manga, the Japanese style not the American style. I don't feel like arguing why I want it that way so don't even bring that up. If you do, I will report that as spam/trolling

I am not making any promises of using your art if/when I get published. Mainly because I have no idea how the publication system works. I'm afraid to even research that before I finish a few stories.

I am very picky about what art I use for each story. Most of the stories are fantasy, one is Sci Fi. So unless you can change your art style to suit my wants, I may use more than one artist.

I do work 40 hours a week, and now that we are heading into the holiday season I may be working up to 60 hours a week, if they allow over time.

I do have family in town and occasionaly I get dragged out by friends. I dont work very well with schedules. However, I am sure if I was on one I would acctuly get a story done.

I will post a few excerpts from a few stories. Up to three chapters will be posted in my Guild, Writes of all Kinds.

Please post examples of your work

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
Current Title is Devl Osiris.

Prologue

Thick black smoke clogged the air with its tense smell of burning wood, tar, and fur. Flames licked the sky, greedily devouring everything in its path, giving no mercy to human or animal flesh and bones. Screams reverberated within the ears of the survivors as they frantically searched for loved ones.

He dropped to his knees, rain soaking into his hair, clothes, and bones. "It's not fair! I was right there!” he screamed and punched the ground over and over bloodying his hands. “It’s not fair!” looking up into the sky, rain mixing in with his tears “Why? Why did you let them take her away from me?” he hung his head, the Gods never answered.

His scales were darker than obsidian and his eyes deeper than the red of a ruby, the dragon stepped before him and wrapped his large wings around him, sheltering him from the piercing cold rain. “Boy,” his voice boomed inside his head, yet held the gentleness of a father, “Do you seek Razbunare, revenge?”

He raised his head, glaring in to the dragon’s eyes, “Yes. I want to kill them! Every last one of them! What they did-I will get my revenge!”

Osiris lunged out of his twisted sheets and fell to the floor. Memories of that day terrorized him nightly. He cursed as he felt the bump slowly rise on his forehead. More curses escaped as he struggled from the confines of his sheets. He threw them onto the bed as he made his way to the bathroom. Hazy blue eyes stared back from the medicine cabinet mirror; he ran a hand through his black hair then yawned.

Chapter One

Steam quickly filled the room from his shower. He always turned the water to its hottest setting; it relaxed his muscles and opened up his lungs. He stayed till the water ran warm then reluctantly stepped out. He stared at his reflection in the steamed cover mirror; three claw-like scars ran across his chest, the seal of his covenant with Razbunare, his dragon familiar. Ten years passed like an afterthought. He turned from the mirror, dried off, then quickly got dressed. Bacon wafted up the stairs and into his room, his stomach growled.

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
Elemental Rift

“Man I can’t wait for the Rebirth Celebrations to be over.” Iza'Byl laid down on the grass.
“I agree, however I am excited to be given the chance at another solo.” Alexandra stood, staring up into the stars.

Erin sat next to Iza'Byl, she was the oldest followed by Alexandra, then Erin.

“Well, what do you think Erin?” Iza'Byl tilted her head.

“Hmm. Well. As much as I love the festivals, I really don’t want a part this year.”
“Why not?” Iza'Byl played with her braided hair, which normally hung to mid back when down. “Celebrating the old year, inviting the New Year. Great food. Great entertainment. What’s not to look forward to?”

“Just tired of all the attention.” Erin started braiding some of the long grass.

“Ahh….that’s right. You don’t like attention. Yet somehow you always seem to be center stage.” Iza'Byl sat up, asking Alexandra why she wasn’t sitting with them.

Alexandra smiled; somehow it seemed a little sad. “I am truly sorry.”

“For what?” Erin looked up, leaving the grass be.

“I did not wish this had to happen. Not this way.” she shook her head.

“Alie?” Iza'Byl became concerned, “What are you talking about?”

“It’s time.”

“Time for what?” Iza'Byl asked.

“Time to die!” A male voice rang out.

Life as Erin knew it changed that night. Within seconds Alexandra was spitting up blood. Erin couldn’t figure out why. Then she saw it. Something was sticking out of Alexandra’s chest. A blade. A sword. A strange sound emanated from Alexandra as the blade retreated from her chest. She slumped to the ground landing at Erin‘s feet.

“Forgive me.” Her whispered plea fell into oblivion. Erin couldn’t move. Couldn’t think. Couldn’t believe what had just happened.

It seemed as if she had died. What appeared to be her spirit rose from her body in a soft forest green light. From the heart of her spirit a small ball materialized, in the same color, and shot into Erin’s chest, a warm sensation ran through out her body. Instantaneously she had a vision.

A small framed young man frozen in crystal. Sleeping almost. A small crack slices through the crystal. It deepens. More appear and deepen. His eyes snap open; shattering the crystal.
The scene changes.

Twelve teenagers standing in queue. All in armor; different colors each with a symbol over the heart. Love. Happiness. Togetherness. In the center, Erin. Abruptly, everyone around her falls to ashes. She’s alone.

Tears fill her eyes ‘What…is this?’

“Erin?” Iza'Byl stood guard in front of her sister “Run. Go get the Peace Force.” She speaks softly; trying her best to remain calm.

“Oh I don’t think I’ll let that happen.” He points the sword at Iza'Byl. “See, I’m here to kill both of you, and it would be of the greatest entertainment for me; if the she watches.”

“Why?” Iza'Byl asked stills standing in front of her sister. “What reason do you have to kill us?”

“Because I was ordered to.”

“That’s not much of a reason.” Her cheeky comment melted into the sound of yelling in the distance.

“Ah but I guess I won’t be able to. No witnesses. Besides her that is.” A black mist formed behind him. He

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
Legend of Chastity Lynn

There is a difference between knowledge and memories. Knowing something and remembering something. I have no memories. I do have plenty of knowledge. I know everything taught in school, but no memory of learning it. I know the lady that runs the flower shop on Bakers St. just had a baby, even though I don’t know her. I don’t know why I know these things. But I do know why I don’t remember. I was in an accident. The building I was living in exploded. I was the only survivor. Clinically I died. I should have lost everything, but I didn’t. Just like I didn’t stay dead.

“How are the headaches?” she readjusted her reading glasses, as she did with every medical question. She was nervous about my condition. As was every other therapist I saw.

“They happen less now.” If only the voices would leave.

“Pain?”

“Tolerable.” Sometimes.

“Level?” Everything has a level.

“About a four. Maybe a five.” More like a ten, but I'm done with pills.

“Less than last week.” She took her glasses off. “I’d take you off, but I'm assuming you already stopped taking them.” She smiled.

She was right.

“No anxiety? Panic attacks? Confusion?”

Every night. “Nope. I'm fine.” Lies. Always lying.

She placed her clipboard on the table next to her. “Anything come back?”

Memories. If only. “No.” I slid down in the chair. I noticed her eyes start to well up. She was about to cry.

But why? I'm just another name. Another face.

Her sister. It was always a voice of a woman I heard.

Sister?

She lost her memory.

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
Currently Untitled

The first journal was found lying next to her right hand, which was stretched out towards it. Most of her blood had seeped out of her body. She was lying face down; a hole in her chest is where her life drained away. There was no murder weapon to be found. To our disbelief, the coroner said a sword or some other large blade had killed her. However, there was no sword to be found, neither on her property nor on any of the neighboring properties. Her death was a mystery. Discovery of her journals deepened the mystery.

Some theorize Alyssa suffered from Multiple Personality Disorder. Others say she was just crazy. A few however, took her words to heart. I, the Author, am one of those people. I knew Alyssa. We were friends, we grew up together. Alyssa was not the kind of person to make up stories or to tell lies. She was honest to a fault, a little naïve, and she was more stubborn than a brick wall. There was always an air of mystery about her. Her eyes, even when smiling, held secrets. I remember her disappearing off the face of the Earth for months at a time. No one knew where she went. No one had seen her, heard from her, some didn’t even notice she was gone. Her disappearances held no pattern. You would never know when she would leave. That is why I believe every word she wrote down is true.

Alyssa had no family in this world. Her Guardian’s passed away during her freshman year of high school. Strange enough, she listed me as her next of kin. I could not refuse. It was an honor really. The day after her funeral I started cleaning her house. She left it to me. However, I was not quite ready to move in. Her death shattered my heart. I couldn’t even plan her funeral. I thank my parents for helping me through it all.

I started in the attic and worked my way down. It took me a month to reach the basement. I didn’t expect to find anything as I found nothing out of the ordinary in the rest of the house. In the basement on a desk in the corner, laid a journal. The same passage in the first journal was written on the first page of the second journal. On the last page she had wrote an incantation with instructions. At first I thought she was into black magic. Then as I read on, I found the truth.

Alyssa was born in a different world. A world connected to our world. She visited it often. Sometimes for months at a time. Other times it was just a weekend visit. Her last trip was in fact her last. In the second to last page she wrote: I fear this may be my last trip. I will die on either side. For that reason I have written down the incantation and recipe to travel to this world so that one day someone, anyone, will have the courage to finish what I have started.-
After reading her journals I decided to write this book. I have talked to everyone who knew her. In both worlds. Through their words, her journals, and what I know, I will piece together her story and write it down for all to read. All to hear. All to feel.

I have inherited her homes. I have walked her path. I have taken on her heritage. I will stop those who stopped her. I will break those who have broken her. I will succeed where she has failed.

Our story needs to be told. Our words need to be read. Our hope needs to be felt in the hearts of everyone. Otherwise, all would have been in vain.

My story begins where her story has ended.

My name is Demetrius Lyne.

This is our story.

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
I have many more, all unfinshed sadly.
Snowblazer

Woww!! Great story! I would be willing to be your artist if ur still interested that is? Would u? cool razz

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
musicnhova_09
Snowblazer

Woww!! Great story! I would be willing to be your artist if ur still interested that is? Would u? cool razz
examples
Kk soon k I'm kinda busy becuz lots of drawing Avi!! Comin in too me gonk scream rofl rofl
I would be more than willing to assist you by illustrating for you. I can do a variety of styles, but here are examples to show you the differences between them.

[x]
[x]
[x]
[x]
[x]
[x]

If you would like I can provide a link to my deviant art as well.

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
ScarecrowLullaby
No thanks, not what I am looking for

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Maybe you should actually finish a story before looking for an artist. With all these you are currently writing and how you say you have 'many more, all unfinished'....it make you look flakey. And no one wants a flake as a partner on either side of the equation.

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
Seijaku_Ishida
Maybe you should actually finish a story before looking for an artist. With all these you are currently writing and how you say you have 'many more, all unfinished'....it make you look flakey. And no one wants a flake as a partner on either side of the equation.
I understand that. However I can't seem to write for long periods of time. Most of them are in fact finished in my head, just not written down. I am hoping if I do find a partner it will cause me to write. I do good with deadlines. Since I have no dead lines right now...yeah.
NaNoWriMo is coming up, you can try using that as a deadline!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff