Welcome to Gaia! ::

What should my new Steampunk themed name be for my main avie when it gets finished? (most votes doesn't necessarily win, but I'm interested)

Oil-gasm 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 8 ]
Gerra Grinder 0.041666666666667 4.2% [ 2 ]
Mistress Monkeywrench 0.14583333333333 14.6% [ 7 ]
Gogglehead 0.0625 6.2% [ 3 ]
Tessa L'Coil 0.58333333333333 58.3% [ 28 ]
Total Votes:[ 48 ]

Invisible Explorer

13,575 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
User Image
Must... Get...Mana..Seed!! /crazy
OFFICAL TekTek ENTRIES POST

Here is where I will store all the TekTek entries for the contest so that we can keep track of them. The winner will be decided by VOTES when the end date gets closer.

KEEP IN MIND that what you see bellow is not just an entry but IDEALLY how I would like your entry to be formatted!!!

Royal Crayon
User Image

Country of Origin: Hungary
Carnival Title: Farsang
Explanation: Hungarians celebrate this festival with food, like pork, sauerkraut, and doughnuts, as well as with parties and costumes. Women would wear colorful gowns. The men would wear wool costumes with masks carrying a spear. They also carry food with them in hand or on their spear to give to others.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

BloodAngel95
The Royal Fairy Queen
User Image

Country of Origin:Minnesota
Carnival Title: Renaissance Festival
Explanation: The Festival is held south of Minneapolis. There are a wide variety of crafts-leather, wood, jewelry, candles, armory, glass, incense/oils, a working paper mill, mystics, pottery, artists in all types of media, floral, feathers, etc. You name it, we probably have it!
STAGES: Special Events Pavilion, Crown Stage, Bakery Stage, The Unicorn Stage, Robin Hood (Gypsy) Stage, Witchwood, The Bear, The Legend, Treetop, The King's Arbor, The Follies, The Grove Stage.
FOOD: Greek, Italian, Seafood, Bread Bowl Soups, Sandwiches, Scotch Eggs, Fresh Fruit, Caramel Apples, Ice Cream, Specialty Desserts, Soda, Wine, Beer and of course, the ever popular Turkey Legs. The variety is too immense to mention everything. You are sure to find something to appease your taste buds.
OTHER: In addition, our Jousting Track features Ring Jousting, Quintain and Full Armored Combat Jousting. Don't forget to join us at 6:30 for our end of the day Drum Jam! If your feet just cannot take that, then take in the silliness, singing and groveling at the Front Gate for the Closing Ceremonies. Then, of course, there are the street entertainers!

Elemental Princess720
User Image
Country of Origin: Switzerland
Carnival Title: Swabian-Alemannic Fastnacht
Explanation: The carnival begins on January 6 known as Three Kings Day/Epiphany. Durning this time people dress as demons, witches, and other creatures as carnival is known to them as the time of the year when bad spirits reign. Variations of this carnival are also held in other places of the world such as Austria and Germany. I chose the demon mask and demon like clothes and hair to represent it!

Shadow__Dweller
User Image

Country of Origin: Italy
Carnival: Carnevale
the Italian carinval is a time of laughter and jokes when people wear elaborate ornamental costumes and wearing a Venetian mask is necessary.

Jalin Taiga
User Image
Carnival: Caribfest
Explanation: The Caribfest is the second largest carnival in the Carribean, filled with music, drumming, costumes, and dancing. I used bright colors to enchance the effect that the tektek is one of the Carribean festival dancers.

Ray_Murata
User Image User Image

Not-summarized entry here

Country of Origin: Brazil, Rio de Janeiro.

Carnival Title: Desfile de Carnaval da Sapucai (Sapucai’s Carinval parade).

Explanation: The most widely known Carnival feast in Brazil is the Carnival Parade that happens at Sapucai’s “sambodrome”, which is a big venue where the “Samba schools” parade, wearing custom outfits while playing, singing and dancing to samba (a typically Brazilian rhythm). Every year, “Samba Schools” gather to parade and they are evaluated… It’s a contest to see which of the schools is the best one of the year.

Out of the various “positions” available for paraders, there are some honorable ones… Out of these are the Porta-Bandeira (Flag-Carrier) and the Mestre Sala (Master-Host). They parade together all the time and they are the ones portrayed in my tektek.

Find more about this Carnival at wikipedia article or watch short videos of the Parade:
      Video 1 & Video 2

Quote:

Froggie Doll
Come one, come all...
Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to the
Notting Hill Carnival!

User Image

Country of Origin: UK, London
Carnival Title: Notting Hill Carnival
Explanation: This Carnival has been along since 1966, and is celebrated every august, in the streets of Notting Hill.
It's led by members of the Trinidad and Tobago Caribbean population, and many of them has lived in the area since the 50's.
The participants are often dressed in firery and golden colors, and sometimes they look just like the sun!
The Notting Hill Carnival is the 2nd largest street festival in the world, and has attracted up to 2 million people in the past.
And that is why I chose it; It's beautiful and HUGE! <3

User Image

Tsukiyomi Tsubasa
Country of Origin: User Image Colombia
Carnivale/Festivale Title: Feria de las Flores (Festival of the Flowers)
Explanation: Festival of the Flowers (Spanish: Feria de las Flores) is a festival that takes place in the Colombian city of Medellín. The festival is the most important social event for the city and features the Silleteros Parade (parade of Horses), a pageant, automobiles, a Paso Fino horse parade and many musical concerts.
Author's Note: I chose Colombia because I am Colombian. I chose these specific colours because Colombia's Flag is Yellow, Blue and Red. I am proud to be American-Colombian, and so, I prove my love through this avatar. P.S. - This avatar is a representation of me because I have two moles, one on each cheek. No seriously: You wanna see?

rainsxkyoko
carnival tektek.
i chose France "nice"
the Battle of the Flowers.
which is the first carnival of France. It takes place in Febreuary for two weeks only. (Baraille des Fleurs) is a famous parade which takes place during the carnival. it is presented in the form of a parade of twenty floats where young men and women throw flowers to spectators. Musical troops pour in from around the world.
User Image

meggypie643
Carnival of Venice
User Image
country of origin-Venice, Italy
carnival title-carnival of Venice
explanation- This carnival started as a time for celebration and expression throughout the classes and by wearing masks the people hid the identity of their social class. The masks originally started out simple then later on became more decorated with things such as feathers and gems and so I did an avatar dressed with a lot of decor and detail to go with the theme

Oo Green oO

User Image
Carnival Origin:Italy
Carnival Title:Carnival of Venice
Description: Carnival in Venice

However much the modern Carnival may be contrived for tourists, it's undeniably atmospheric to walk down a lane in Venice and pass cloaked and masked figures. The tourist board and hotels urge their guests to participate by wearing at least a mask as they tour the town. It can be an exciting time for children, as long as the dehumanising masks don't scare them, and there are plenty of opportunities for fun. Young and old can admire the spectacle and select their favourite costumed characters, and there are plenty of opportunities to photograph your loved ones alongside dramatically-costumed carnival-goers. The city is very busy, particularly during the two Carnival weekends, and there is a genuinely festive atmosphere.

User Image

Carnival Origin:Brazil
Carnival Title:Rio's carnival
Description:It is a euphoric event where people dance, sing, party and have tons of fun. There are many parties that take place before, during and after Carnival all night and all day. It allows someone's true heart to come out and have as much fun as possible.

User Image
User Image

Carnival Origin:Romania
Carnival Title:Medieval Sighisoara
Description: Friday, July 23 in the Year of Our Lord 2010, after long and difficult battles, the Knights are returning home in the citadel of Sighisoara. Celebration will begin with a Grand Parade, composed of noble knights, princesses, actors, minstrels and craftsmen. Charters will be signed, weapons will be shaped, armors will be raised, and the Great Sacrifice Chariot will be built for the greatest victory of the Knights. The Citadel will host 13 Knight Orders together with bands of minstrels, which will seal in verse and song the acts of bravery of the Knights, and the actors will delight audiences with their tricks in a strictly medieval ambiance. For three days, the Knights will celebrate bringing joy to the viewers through tournaments and demonstrations, minstrels will give us joy by weighing, and flag dancers and drummers will show us movements of a ritual celebration. Historians and scribes came across the mountains of New Acropolis and will record stories about knights and their rituals of all the four winds of the world (Europe, India, America, Japan). The end will be a torchlight procession leaving the city in the hands of the mayor and swore that the citadel will never be leaved without a defense.

Hello there!
sweatdrop I'm a little lost.

If I send the mule 1000 gold or more, does this mean I'll be able to partake in the games? Will my name immediately show up on the list?
Dream Gazing
Hello there!
sweatdrop I'm a little lost.

If I send the mule 1000 gold or more, does this mean I'll be able to partake in the games? Will my name immediately show up on the list?

Yes 1000g means you can participate. And yes your name will show up fairly quickly.
THE FIRST CARNIVAL CLUE IS UP FOR GRABS!!

REMEMBER TO PM ME WITH YOUR ANSWER!!

FIRST CLUE: “Carnies built this country, the carnival part of it anyway.”
PRIZE 20k + User Image
BANNER CONTEST
WINNERS DECIDED BY VOTE
1st PRIZE: 50k
won by DIETY IRIS
2nd PRIZE: 25k
won by KUURON
3rd PRIZE: 10k
won by KIKIMONSTERx3
check under AFFILIATES for entries

Goth Fairy

22,600 Points
  • 90's Movie Token Quirky Goth Girl 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Magical Girl 50
I'm bored...reading Holic...so bored...
cicil0ve
I'm bored...reading Holic...so bored...

You're bored? I'm bored!
Let's chat.
Come on folks this is the first day of the carnival!!

LETS GET SOME PEOPLE IN!

1,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
CARNIVAL CLUES-
the answer is the simsons
Chroias
Come on folks this is the first day of the carnival!!

LETS GET SOME PEOPLE IN!

Thus starts the advertising. :] I'll try to hit some pages.
iPetals
CARNIVAL CLUES-
the answer is the simsons

Weren't you supposed to PM it?
and it's the Simpsons*.
:]

1,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
iPetals
CARNIVAL CLUES-