Welcome to Gaia! ::

What should happen to the Airship Tramontane?

Find Safe Harbor 0.5 50.0% [ 1 ]
Crash Down in the Squalls 0.5 50.0% [ 1 ]
Be Attacked! By a Misty Air Monster! 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes:[ 2 ]
1 2 3 4 >

Dapper Explorer

6,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
The Tramontane Command
A Quest and a Story

Ahoy! Welcome aboard the Airship Tramontane!
Admiral Cobalt is the name I have given to my OC, Based on my own screen name and the Captain Cobalt Item. As there are a number of pricy items in my lovely Admiral's wardrobe, I thought a quest thread might help me achieve her goals, but endless bumping seems SO monotonous. SO! I am going to reserve the first few pages, and write a story as I go! Each item acquired will be a chapter in Admiral Cobalt's young life.

Meet the Admiral

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Here is the list of what I so desire:
Captain Cobalt Bought!
Gold Locket Bought!
Navy Domini Long Sleeve Shirt Gifted! 4laugh Khristalia
Runcible Spoon Bought!
Gold Pocket Watch Bought!
Jailer's Keys Bought!
Lady Jayne and the Mummy Bought!
Lyndexer's Journal Bought!
Sainte Ciel: Eros Bought!
heart Deranged Surgeon Current Quest! heart
Samba Star
Le Carousel
Golden Aviation
Louie's Underwear
William's Stage Rapier
Bullet Belts
The Watchmaker

Current Quest Progress:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Thank You!!!
I hope you enjoy the story, and happy questing to everyone else also!
I will also gladly accept any avi art that may happen to come my way. whee 3nodding

Dapper Explorer

6,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
Wonderful People!!!

Donations:
No aid has yet come to the Tramontane in this form.

Gifts:
heart Khristalia : Navy Domini Long Sleeve Shirt

Huzzah to the Heavy Handed Tipper!
moo-cheep

Dapper Explorer

6,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
Good Day to you, mate. As the wind still blows, my quest is eternal. The date is lost to me. It went when the stars changed. There have been no turnings of the moon since we were brought to this place. Oddly, she is the only constant in a turbulent sky. The ship protests, but the men do not. None know the way home, so we press ever onward. I turn to look out over the stern, and there is empty space where the memory of a path traveled should be. I wonder if I have lost any other memories to the mists.

Today the squalls seem to be resting, as one does after a large meal. They've had our fore top yard as an appetizer, and I fear they will return for the main course. A call draws my eyes forward and upward, where Sims and Cricket are working to secure new broadcloth. I sigh. Calling the sail new is calling a fishwife the Queen. It had been stitched together from scraps and old sailor's pants. I would be glad to see it last an hour on the squalls return.

I look down at my boots, and realize my feet haven't been dry in two days. I wiggle my sodden toes and wonder if they will ever feel warm sand again. I am reminded of a mourning party walking a strip of black sand. It seems so very long ago. I can still smell the burning sage held aloft by the erudite old witch who led the ceremony. I can hear her voice explaining my part in the ceremony. It was stronger than I had expected for such a crone. As I remembered the taste of the air in that place, a cough woke me from my nightmare.

“The board is laid Admiral.” Spoke the green eyes that always seemed to be reading the words written on my soul.

“Very well, Marlowe.” A tired smile crept into the corner of my mouth. “How did he manage it this time? Can't be anything left to stew.” I thought better of my quip. “Don't answer that.” I stepped in front of my First Lieutenant, and descended the quarterdeck.

As my boot heel clicked onto the last stair, I heard the trill of Marlowe's whistle, and the watch called. Bare feet on deck hammered above. I took a breath and prepared to receive my officers. Entering my cabin, a miracle greater than the squall's abatement greeted me. Emptiness. I was alone. I pressed my back to the now closed door of my cabin and slid to the floor. Instantly I regretted my choice of seat. I weighed the possibility of sleeping right where I was against that of Marlowe discovering his Admiral asleep on the floor. It's really just Captain now, but no one is brave enough to admit it.

I slump forward and stand awkwardly. There is something hot laid out on my table. I eat it. I'm not sure just what it was, but it was warm. I strip off my wet clothes and dress in fresh dry undergarments. I am amazed anything aboard is dry. I climb into my hammock, roll myself up, and remember ten things I meant to ask my Boatswain. Too late, I had lied down, my eyes were closed, and I gave in to the insistent urgings of sleep.

Dapper Explorer

6,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
Reserved for my story!

Dapper Explorer

6,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
Reserved for my story!