Welcome to Gaia! ::

---Intro---

We've moved here! Come and join us!

Hello and welcome! You can simple call me Monkey. (And in case you were wondering, yes, I am a mule. xD ) I created this thread for one purpose: to divine the inner workings of the useless Brown Giftbox. I have been on Gaia for a pretty long time and I have never once gotten anything good from a Brown Giftbox. So that got me thinking... Is it possible to get anything worthwhile from something so cheap? If so, how many boxes would you have to open?

And just like that, it occurred to me: the Perfect Plan.

---The Plan---

The Plan is simply this: I start amassing huge numbers of Brown Giftboxes and start opening them, one after the other, and I see how many I have to open before I get something worth selling. It's genius I tell you! There's only one problem.

I'm a miser.

I really hate spending money, even the virtual kind. And I'm questing for something slightly more... useful than giftboxes. xD (Besides the fact that buying hundreds of giftboxes would pretty much wipe me out financially. >_> ) So this is where this thread comes in. I use a mule (in order to protect my identity *shifty eyes*) and I ask you, the lovely and wonderful people of the Gaia Community to help me out! But don't think that you won't get anything back! You see, if one of those dumb little boxes gives me something over 10k, I'll give it away right here in this thread. Interested? Keep reading!
---General Rules---

[]Follow Gaia TOS.
[]Bumping and chatting are perfectly acceptable. (Though I prefer chatting to bumping.) :3
[]No advertising. If you would like to become an affiliate, send me a PM.
[]Overtly rude behavior will not be tolerated.
[]Spam will be thrown in a pan and fried along with the the spammer.
[]Rule breakers will be fed to the bear.
[]Feel free to PM me if you have questions or just feel like chatting. xD

---Contest Rules---

[]In order to enter to win, you must be a donator. This doesn't mean you have to fork over 10k. Any amount/item is acceptable and greatly appreciated! I'll also accept any new donators at any time.
The contests are a way to thank all of the kind hearted people here on Gaia! :3
[]An announcement will be made in the thread when an item is about to be given away.
[]In order to win, you must roll 3 6-sided dice (three six-sided dice). The exact winning number you must roll will be specified in the Current Contest section before each contest.
[]The first person to roll the correct number is the winner. Please send me a PM along with a link to your winning post to make sure I don't skip over you!
[]You can keep rolling until someone wins. There is no limit to how many times you can try!

---The Quest Continues---

Due to my lack of success with the Brown Giftboxes, I have decided to expand my horizons a bit. If you would like to donate a Blue Giftbox, those will now be added to the list. And you know what that means, right? More of a chance for you to win cool stuff!

Scratch that. I will now be collecting any type of giftbox! I'm on a mission to see just how useful these items are. So if you have any laying around that you don't know what to do with, send them my way!
---How You Can Help---

If you would like to lend a helping hand to my rather lame epic quest, you can do three things:

Donate a Giftbox
Donate Gold/Items
Help Bump and Advertise

Any and all help is accepted and appreciated! Please help ease my troubled soul!
Note: I finally was able to get my trading pass! You can now send your donations via trade instead of as a gift. :3

---Donators---

the donut of shame - Brown Giftbox heart
FireStrife - 4 Brown Giftboxes heart
suzieq06 - 10 Brown Giftboxes heart
Sasuke-from-the-dark - Brown Giftbox heart
VampireQueen1389 - Blue Giftbox, 2 Brown Giftboxes heart
---The Giftbox List---

Brown Giftboxes Opened: 25

Items Received:
Dried Grass Hat x4
Sea Green Sport Vest x2
Prisoner Pants x2
Hockey Mask x3
Prisoner's Top x2
Angelic Boots
Skull Biker Helmet
Face Veil x3
Trap Jaw
Dried Grass Skirt x6

Blue Giftboxes Opened: 11

Items Received:
Flower Wristband x2
Striped Stockings
Leather Collar with Cross
Ballin' Black Head Gear
Emperor's Brow
Spartan Shield
Flower Ankle Bands x3
Angelic Gloves

Beggar Monkey rolled 3 6-sided dice: 5, 1, 4 Total: 10 (3-18)

---Current Contest---

There are no current contests. :0

The number you have to roll will be posted below once the contest has started. The first to get the winning number must send me a PM with a link to the winning post. (This is to ensure I don't skip over you!) Remember, you are rolling 3 6-sided dice (three six-sided dice). Any entry rolling a different number or set of dice will not be considered valid.

---Past Contests---

Spartan Shield (18k) --- VampireQueen1389
---The Scoop---

After opening a certain number of giftboxes I have come to two conclusions:

1. Brown Giftboxes are useless.
2. Blue Giftboxes are slightly less useless than Brown Giftboxes.

In other words, don't waste your money buying them. The chances of getting anything good from a Brown Giftbox are pretty much nonexistent. You might actually get something worth more than the price of the Blue Giftbox if you decide to buy one of those, but the chances are minimal at best. In other words, if you get one from your Overseer, sell it (or give it to me...) but don't open it. ._.
---Reserved---
---Reserved---
---OPEN---

8,100 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Thanks! xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff