Welcome to Gaia! ::

I've missed you. Miss me?

Nope ^_^ 0.077922077922078 7.8% [ 12 ]
Yep >.> 0.22727272727273 22.7% [ 35 ]
Where You Been? <.< 0.28571428571429 28.6% [ 44 ]
Bake the wedding cake! <poll whore option> 0.40909090909091 40.9% [ 63 ]
Total Votes:[ 154 ]

Roy_Mustang_Is_Hot_Stuff

Arch is still on Gaia. He came back in here a few times, even while I was wrapping up questing and beginning the charity. He comes here occasionally. He's nearly finished with school, hopefully getting ready to start his career, but I am now sure of his major or career. >_< I think he told me, but I cannot recall right now. [Oh, he is going to get me, I just know it! x.x] lol

Arch is one of my oldest friends on here. I knew him through Ronin in another old thread. Even though he made me promise in 2010 (and before) to finish, and he held me to it even after the hacked halo, I went on and off for about four years. I really had now more patience navigating the heating economy of Gaia, pursuing other interests in real life, then finally making that decision to finish it up. Yet, I have a hard time letting go of my commitments, even if it is Gaia. I'm pretty hard on myself. I feel that just because a person is online, the person should not change who they are just because they are behind a screen. I kept that tucked in the back of my mind. Then Pinako, my sister IRL convinced me to sell off the trash and bugs on kuroneko, and it began again from there.

Evil is just the beginning of it. The Koran is filled with such evils. I realize that there will always be Muslims or Christians or whatever ideologues or religious radicals that want to try and hurt others to make their point or claim they did it "In the name of Mohammed," but for the most part, folks that are civilized generally have no trouble calling out the people that usurp their religious views and dealing with them. But this is not so with President Obama. He cannot even call ISIS an Islamic group even though their name is Islamic State and they openly declare that it is the will of Allah... How can anyone fight an enemy so evil when they refuse to identify them? Hasn't anyone learned a thing from history? It was a similar totalitarianism that was Nazi Germany.

So my suggestion to everyone...Take care of yourself and your family. If the world crashes down around us, we need to be able to survive. Our governments may not be there to care for us, or the resources we have may be overwhelmed in short order if the world descends into chaos.

Haha. Well that's great news that he's starting his career. How exciting! Must be such a relief to finish education in that sense.

Oh gosh I remember the hacked Halo incident! How alarming. Well I'm glad that he and your sister made sure you came back to finish the quest ^_^ Support from friends and family is sometimes all the 'boost' that one needs to rekindle their passions or goals.

The thing with ISIS is that they are targeting and torturing muslims/people who follow Islam. . .so it doesn't make sense as to why. Islam is a horrendous religion and from an early age muslims are taught that they are superior to everyone else. Non followers are infidels and should be punished. It's all very disgusting and wrong.
A lot is going on in the world at the moment that is quite frankly horrifying. If it isn't ISIS, it's Russia's recent activities or the Talaban or any other whack-job extremist groups.

I'll be surrounding myself with only people of true nature, love and virtue. That's for sure!
Life used to be so much more peaceful when we weren't evolved...must have been bliss.

Tipsy Receiver

Just thought I'd pop this here, Mama Roy can remove it if it's not allowed

My sister had cancer last year and she kicked it's butt so to honour her, my family is banding together and doing the Relay for Life to raise money for cancer research and support for other people suffering from it.

If any of you could spare even a couple of dollars you would be an absolute legend

Erin Carroll - Relay for Life

10,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
Two sides to every story indeed. Hence the, look into it and decide for yourself. You'll find many different stories and reviews.

I was wondering about this the other day, mama referred to me as a he, and I know it's confusing because my avi is male, but I'll take the chance to remind everyone I am a she. In the end, it doesn't matter, treat me like a person and I'll do the same to you, gender aside 3nodding

10,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
Lutishyia

Haha. Well that's great news that he's starting his career. How exciting! Must be such a relief to finish education in that sense.

Oh gosh I remember the hacked Halo incident! How alarming. Well I'm glad that he and your sister made sure you came back to finish the quest ^_^ Support from friends and family is sometimes all the 'boost' that one needs to rekindle their passions or goals.

The thing with ISIS is that they are targeting and torturing muslims/people who follow Islam. . .so it doesn't make sense as to why. Islam is a horrendous religion and from an early age muslims are taught that they are superior to everyone else. Non followers are infidels and should be punished. It's all very disgusting and wrong.
A lot is going on in the world at the moment that is quite frankly horrifying. If it isn't ISIS, it's Russia's recent activities or the Talaban or any other whack-job extremist groups.

I'll be surrounding myself with only people of true nature, love and virtue. That's for sure!
Life used to be so much more peaceful when we weren't evolved...must have been bliss.
Haha! Peaceful except for the cougars and wolves and bears and s**t that tried to eat you. hehehe

10,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
Erin_Dracona

My sister had cancer last year and she kicked it's butt so to honour her, my family is banding together and doing the Relay for Life to raise money for cancer research and support for other people suffering from it.

If any of you could spare even a couple of dollars you would be an absolute legend

Hey good for her! I'm glad she's doing well and healthy.

Eloquent Elder

12,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Megathread 100
Erin_Dracona

Oh, Relay for Life is my favorite charity. My dad passed away from cancer, as did my cousin, two uncles and other family members. When my girls were in high school, we used to live out at the school track for the weekend in tents and relay, put out the candles for our loved ones for our team.

How excellent that your sister beat cancer!

Thank you for bringing Relay for Life into my thread! heart heart

Tipsy Receiver

Roy_Mustang_Is_Hot_Stuff
Erin_Dracona

Oh, Relay for Life is my favorite charity. My dad passed away from cancer, as did my cousin, two uncles and other family members. When my girls were in high school, we used to live out at the school track for the weekend in tents and relay, put out the candles for our loved ones for our team.

Glad to do it
Thanks so much for the donation too (i think it was you, I don't recognize the name XP)
RestInPeace Frosty Paws
Lutishyia

Haha! Peaceful except for the cougars and wolves and bears and s**t that tried to eat you. hehehe

Still seems much more peaceful and less stress than the modern day life. xd

Eloquent Elder

12,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Megathread 100
Lutishyia
Roy_Mustang_Is_Hot_Stuff

Arch is still on Gaia. He came back in here a few times, even while I was wrapping up questing and beginning the charity. He comes here occasionally. He's nearly finished with school, hopefully getting ready to start his career, but I am now sure of his major or career. >_< I think he told me, but I cannot recall right now. [Oh, he is going to get me, I just know it! x.x] lol

Arch is one of my oldest friends on here. I knew him through Ronin in another old thread. Even though he made me promise in 2010 (and before) to finish, and he held me to it even after the hacked halo, I went on and off for about four years. I really had now more patience navigating the heating economy of Gaia, pursuing other interests in real life, then finally making that decision to finish it up. Yet, I have a hard time letting go of my commitments, even if it is Gaia. I'm pretty hard on myself. I feel that just because a person is online, the person should not change who they are just because they are behind a screen. I kept that tucked in the back of my mind. Then Pinako, my sister IRL convinced me to sell off the trash and bugs on kuroneko, and it began again from there.

Evil is just the beginning of it. The Koran is filled with such evils. I realize that there will always be Muslims or Christians or whatever ideologues or religious radicals that want to try and hurt others to make their point or claim they did it "In the name of Mohammed," but for the most part, folks that are civilized generally have no trouble calling out the people that usurp their religious views and dealing with them. But this is not so with President Obama. He cannot even call ISIS an Islamic group even though their name is Islamic State and they openly declare that it is the will of Allah... How can anyone fight an enemy so evil when they refuse to identify them? Hasn't anyone learned a thing from history? It was a similar totalitarianism that was Nazi Germany.

So my suggestion to everyone...Take care of yourself and your family. If the world crashes down around us, we need to be able to survive. Our governments may not be there to care for us, or the resources we have may be overwhelmed in short order if the world descends into chaos.

This hopefully will continue to be the spirit of the charity going forward. For those that helped me, I like to help new questors. Encouraging the quest is important to me. There is so much to be gained by working forward to get the avatar you really want. As I look in on my applicants, I can see their threads evolving into a nice place to hang out and make new friends.

ISIS is using terror to expand their territory and to extort funds. This last time, however, they really messed up. Jordan called their bluff when they demanded proof of life for their captured airman. This airman was executed on January 3rd, over a month before they were to exchange hostages. And executing Japanese journalist was for what? And hurting children?

Russia is going back to the way of the hard-liners, which is what Putin does. But they are actually less of a wild-card than the Middle East.

My folks used to tell me stories. It was all very hard work and much less access to the technology and things that made life nicer. But as a family, we were pretty close-knit and could depend on each other. They worked so hard, but they really wanted us to have a better, easier life. But now I am not 100% sure that easier necessarily translates to better.

Eloquent Elder

12,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Megathread 100
Erin_Dracona
Roy_Mustang_Is_Hot_Stuff
Erin_Dracona

Glad to do it
Thanks so much for the donation too (i think it was you, I don't recognize the name XP)

Aww...I put ~Mama Roy in my note. It probably didn't make it through.
And you are quite welcome. I am only too happy to support the cause.

Eloquent Elder

12,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Megathread 100
RestInPeace Frosty Paws
Two sides to every story indeed. Hence the, look into it and decide for yourself. You'll find many different stories and reviews.

I was wondering about this the other day, mama referred to me as a he, and I know it's confusing because my avi is male, but I'll take the chance to remind everyone I am a she. In the end, it doesn't matter, treat me like a person and I'll do the same to you, gender aside 3nodding

Agreed. I purposely prefaced the [Mama's political opinions] for full disclosures.

And honestly, my apologies. I completely forgot. redface

Dapper Phantom

User Image

pirate Well, it's nice to clear my head every once in a while... I'm developing a bad habit of doing more school work than I have to... Like there was a discussion thread that's due today and I wanted to make sure everyone had a reply to their work, so I posted five or six replies instead of the required two.

I think I'll submit a formal application later today when everyone is asleep... I'm not sleeping in the same bed as my wife because we're out of town and she's taking the sick baby so the other two and I don't get sick. I'm going to miss being in bed with her though...

Dapper Phantom

User Image

pirate First of all, Salty Jym has a screen shot of the last gold I got from the daily chance. I got almost 3m gold from it today.

And second...

User ImagePlease help me get pixels! User Image
Username: Viktor Tripp
Nickname: Viktor
Gaia Join Date: 09/07/2006
Quest Thread Link: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/charity-quests/metamorphosis-an-evolving-item-quest/t.18872597_1/
Okay, Why do you want a donation from me? I'm a recently reactivated Gaian with a presumably never ending quest. I'm still hoping to fill in some of the gaps where I wasn't active and get some of those Evolving Items that fit me and my style, despite this darn inflation.
My favorite food group is <3 Chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate. <3
Thank you very much for your help, Lady Mustang! ^_^
User ImageUser Image
Roy_Mustang_Is_Hot_Stuff

This hopefully will continue to be the spirit of the charity going forward. For those that helped me, I like to help new questors. Encouraging the quest is important to me. There is so much to be gained by working forward to get the avatar you really want. As I look in on my applicants, I can see their threads evolving into a nice place to hang out and make new friends.

ISIS is using terror to expand their territory and to extort funds. This last time, however, they really messed up. Jordan called their bluff when they demanded proof of life for their captured airman. This airman was executed on January 3rd, over a month before they were to exchange hostages. And executing Japanese journalist was for what? And hurting children?

Russia is going back to the way of the hard-liners, which is what Putin does. But they are actually less of a wild-card than the Middle East.

My folks used to tell me stories. It was all very hard work and much less access to the technology and things that made life nicer. But as a family, we were pretty close-knit and could depend on each other. They worked so hard, but they really wanted us to have a better, easier life. But now I am not 100% sure that easier necessarily translates to better.

That's so rewarding to be apart of. Watching those seeds grow into beautiful flowers!

I'm glad ISIS has messed up. Unfortunate and sad for those that have lost their lives and for their loved ones, but hopefully their deaths will not be in vain and action will actually be taken this time. As far as slaughtering a Japanese journalist....they really have picked on the wrong side of the world to mess with.

I'm still uneasy about Russia due to their military displays and moving their submarines close to US borders. Also their extreme and disgusting acts on the LGBT community over there...young teens being tortured to death, beaten, having eyes gauged out...it's horrendous. No matter what one's opinion is on homosexuality etc there is no need for that kind of vile behaviour. It is sickening. I want Putin dead.
Also what they are doing to Ukraine is beyond forgiveness. Power hungry, scum.

Oh I don't believe it does. If you take out the world wars in the past, I do believe life was a lot better in some senses. People just got on with life. They rarely moaned, they grew their own vegetables, things were a lot more affordable and people as whole tended to help each other out.
If women, gays and other ethnicity' were treated better back then...it would have been ideal (again, without the world wars).
It'd be nice to live in a community where people help each other, grow fresh produce, work hard and all mingle around, living happily. Areas like that are very rare to come by these days. Instead it's huge corp. buildings, cafes upon cafes and fast food joints.
Technology, like you said, has made things easier but not for the better.
Hey guys. This is also Frosty.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces