Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Receiver

User Image

Hello all, I am Leef. I am raising gold towards my upcoming B/C (Breedable & Changing Pet) shop. Unique to most other shops, 'For The Love of Betta' is meant to inform as well as to provide a fun outlet for aquatics lovers. Bettas sold commercially are severely mistreated, and often go to homes that cannot provide the proper amenities to sustain them. FTLOB's goal is make a dent - even if the tiniest of dents - in the ignorance of the Gaia community regarding these astounding and mesmerizing creatures that fill our hearts with love and reverence by promoting awareness and educating others on proper betta care.

For more on Bettas, visit my blog at: bettabeblissful.tumblr.com

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

WHERE DOES THE GOLD COME IN?

Currently there are 24 pieces of artwork that need to be inked and templated for regular coloring use. If you are familiar with the B/C and/or the art forums, you'll understand how extremely expensive a good templatist can be. We're talking several million g. We also need gold for promotions, the shop layout, contests, and the like. Now you may be asking, why start a shop when you don't have the gold to fund it? Well, we did at one point. Unfortunately both of my co-owners have since left Gaia, and have left me with very little to continue the shop with. On my own, I cannot get it running. However, with your help, I believe it can be possible.

Want to know more about what we're about?

Click the shop interest thread banner:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Or bid in our fundraising auction for a fish!:

User Image

... point being, ANY little bit can help - even, heck, 1k. If you donate, you will be added to the list below. Please send donations to spottedleef (me) directly. And most importantly... THANK YOU. Thank you thank you thank you.

Versace thanks you.

User Image

▬▬▬▬▬▬ { } ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Shirtless Receiver

about { u s }
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

WTF IS THIS PLACE

Welcome to for the { l o v e } of betta, a little corner in the breedables section of Gaia about the awesome fish species known as betta fish.
                    While this shop is a fully functional breedables shop, it will also be used to
                    promote betta fish awareness through proper education from myself,
                    Leef, and the shop's community of betta enthusiasts. At the moment, there's really no main story-line to the shop (though that may change with this
                    interest thread), its more of a thread for betta lovers to gather and discuss their beautiful fishies while sporting some eye candy in their signatures.
                    Role playing, however, is definitely encouraged.

The shop will come to life in a few different methods. First, we will be gathering opinions and suggestions on how to set-up the shop from those who
                    have interest. Things like a storyline, custom and breeding processes, environment, opinions on the art style for the shop, etc. Once we have
                    weeded through all our options and have made decisions on the final skeleton, we will open up the hiring section in hopes to hire colorists, a cert artist,
                    and possibly managers depending on how Leef and I feel about the shop's popularity. Lastly, the shop will finally be moved to its new and permanent
                    home in the breedables section, with the new staff and regulars alike.

▬▬▬▬▬▬ { } ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Shirtless Receiver

help { u s }
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

OUR LOVELY DONATORS

- MayXaoMaoi: "Puffy the Fish" ~40k
                    - Wyntre IceBlade: 1mil
                    - ChesireKitty: 80k
                    - Zohwee: 65k
                    - sproutyhead: 1mil
                    - Doc Goth: 225k
                    - Poe-tae-toee: 300k
                    - Locke103: 200k (charity)
                    - Emmilia Moon: 100k
                    - L ii a t h: 100k
                    - Bloo Starr: 30k
                    - Summerbunnylove: ~300k
                    - Meeki: 800k

For every 50k donated, you are entered once into a raffle. ex: 200k = 4 tickets. Here are the lovely prizes, donated by Sabiir:

User Image

One fish will be added to the pot for every 100 "tickets".

▬▬▬▬▬▬ { } ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Shirtless Receiver

advertise { u s }

ADVERTISEMENT CONTEST

Advertising contest! You'll be responsible for posting each day that you advertise in the guild (which Poe is making today) so that we can tally your scores. Stay tuned for the guild link (coming today)!

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/charity-quests/t.84460593_1/?_gaia_t_=7564][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/oci2/Screenshot2013-01-31at94718AM_zps92ac3240.png[/IMG][/url]

Here is the handsome man you could win:

User Image

▬▬▬▬▬▬ { } ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Shirtless Receiver

Interesting Winner

7,750 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

wow; lovely little thread.
it nice to see someone being aware of such
a small little fish ^^
<3
I'm going to put you under my consideration
for donations list (: good luck!

Shirtless Receiver

Summerbunnylove

Your support means so much to me, honestly. Without the encouragement of fellow animal lovers I don't know if I'd have even gotten this far. Thank you. (:

Shy Gaian

8,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Timid 100
  • Loiterer 100
spottedleef
Summerbunnylove

Your support means so much to me, honestly. Without the encouragement of fellow animal lovers I don't know if I'd have even gotten this far. Thank you. (:

Hello! Good luck~ wink

Interesting Winner

7,750 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
spottedleef
Summerbunnylove

it's nice to know that we have still have people out there still <3
I really hope this works out.
I hope my raffle and charity work out so I can donate.

Shirtless Receiver

Thank you, May! And Summerbunny, good luck to you as well! <3 You are a sweetheart.

Shirtless Receiver

MayXaoMaoi
spottedleef
Summerbunnylove

Hello! Good luck~ wink

Thank you so, so very much for your donation! heart

Friendly Conversationalist

This is awesome, just saying.

Shirtless Receiver

PurpleLovr

Thank you for your support! All of this positive feedback is making me feel like maybe my goal is within reach, even if it takes a little while. :]

Shy Gaian

8,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Timid 100
  • Loiterer 100
PurpleLovr

Cute avi~

Shirtless Receiver

MayXaoMaoi
PurpleLovr