Someone pricejacking. 0.66666666666667 66.7% [ 2 ]
Frankly just don't care. 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes:[ 3 ]

Familiar Citizen

7,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Please bear with me because this may be a bit confusing at first. I also do not have pictures to support my question at this point (I foolishly thought it would be fixed overnight or would be a single occurance).

Over the past two days I have observed the Average Buy Price (from now on, ABP) glitch, or be tampered with, in the marketplace.

I have twice received a notification that an item on my wishlist was going for under the ABP. After clicking on the link I have been rerouted to the MP and with the graphs showing normal data (with no sudden positive spikes, those come later) that the ABP has jumped by (usually more than) a billion gold. On a listing that used to be under 500mil. And with all selling listings still hovering around the price before the jump in ABP (so still listed under 500mil).

Option 1: Someone has bought an their own item on another account for more than at 500%+ it's current worth and messed up the prices because of this.

Option 2: Some sort of ABP glitch?

Example 1: Wendy's Kindness
Example 2: Yuki Onna

As I said earlier, I do not have photos, but perhaps the graphs speak for themselves.

This could all be just people with mules price jerking the marketplace for their own benefit. However that point raises it's own questions. If everyone believes that is what is happening I will happily move this. But since I do have some belief this could possibly be a bug I posted it here first. sweatdrop

I would love advice, and for somebody to tell me what is actually happening. ^^;

Thanks for reading!

TL;DR - Follow the links above and look at the ABP graphs. If you are still interested, bother to read my post. c:

Saxy Coder

Lady of Tinka
With all of the Gold Generators we have recently, people have found themselves with a lot more money to spend on random stuff.
However, we lack Item Generators, so items occasionally "sell out" in the marketplace or have very few listings with very different price tags.

We can't draw any conclusions, but the "price-jacking" might be accidental, or it might be on purpose.
ABPs update every 24 hours, so they are often not a good reference for item prices, especially if the item is selling fast.

Your Gaia Notices tell you of the prices of random items on your wishlist every time you login, but the marketplace occasionally lags and those prices are incorrect.
(That's why I just have my notices for that turned off >w>;; )

Familiar Citizen

7,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Lady Saxophone
Lady of Tinka
With all of the Gold Generators we have recently, people have found themselves with a lot more money to spend on random stuff.
However, we lack Item Generators, so items occasionally "sell out" in the marketplace or have very few listings with very different price tags.

We can't draw any conclusions, but the "price-jacking" might be accidental, or it might be on purpose.
ABPs update every 24 hours, so they are often not a good reference for item prices, especially if the item is selling fast.

Your Gaia Notices tell you of the prices of random items on your wishlist every time you login, but the marketplace occasionally lags and those prices are incorrect.
(That's why I just have my notices for that turned off >w>;; )

Thanks for giving your opinion! That would explain it. XD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces