Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Conversationalist

Character playlists are my.. favorite thing.. LMAO cries

I have a whole playlist for Theo and Ophie...

Eloquent Giver

halie is the best at making playlists

Spooky Codger

Oooh sweet, a whole playlist!

NeonMace
halie is the best at making playlists

shhh
shhhhhhhhh

User Image
CLOSING ANNOUNCEMENT

It's been almost five years since PD opened! Five years! In those five years, the staff has had an amazing amount of fun and gained an incredible amount of experience while getting to interact and develop PD with every one of you. This shop has been so important and near-and-dear to us that it's taken us a while to come to this decision: we are closing The Plague Doctor.

While it pains us to say it, the staff can no longer keep up with the heavy workload of managing PD anymore, nor can we find time to give it the updates and sales it really needs. Progress in the shop has come to a standstill for a while. We haven't made any new plans or taken our old ones into action. That being said, that means the Plague Doctor will be formally closing, but the guild will remain open to anyone who still wishes to write in the setting-- there will simply no longer be anymore updates from the staff.

Here are also some more technical sides of this announcement:

1. TO REPEAT, the guild will be saying open, and you're free to continue RPing and writing your characters there. We will not stop you.
2. You are, of course, more than free to port your characters to other stories/shops. We ask that you not take the Plague/PD concept elsewhere, though.
3. If you're curious about any Plague growths or redesigns I was yet to get to, feel free to contact me about those, so I can get sketches of them to you. I don't mind doing them, and I will get to them, but I can't guarantee when they will get to you.
4. If you have any other concerns or questions, please feel free to contact me at soojin.paek on Skype, or via PM [Rookeries].

We apologize for dropping this announcement on all of you so suddenly. It's been an honor and a pleasure getting to know all of you and your characters. All your work and this project has been incredibly formative for us, and it pains us to let go of the shop. It's been a lot of fun.

- Roo

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

That breaks my heart to hear, but I really hope it lightens some stress for all the staff. You guys built an amazing, wonderful thing here, and I'm only sad that I didn't get the balls to join you sooner.

Be seeing you around! <3

Merry Krampus

I'm going to consider a light at the end of the tunnel, here. I know a lot of players were stressing out about things like timelines and tracking travel distance and, hell, making sure staff were cool with everything you guys wanted to put forth. It was admirable but also extremely hard on all of you and to be honest none of the staff ever wanted things to be that strict on you guys.

Once things settle down on my end, I fully intend to plow back in with Sloane and Sage and continue on with my plots. I apologize to anyone who I inadvertently hung up in the process of my own issues. If anyone wants to plot or RP with me here, I can't guarantee quite when I'll be making my return but I would love to continue plotting or start anew with you guys!

I hope this is a less stressful solution for everyone and please try to consider PD's "closure" more of a case of the staff stepping back than anything final.

Spooky Codger

Aaah, that is sad to hear, but I hope everything continues to go well with you guys, and I wish nothing but the best for you all! I'm so happy I was able to be a part of PD even if it was just for a short period of time, and I can't thank everyone enough for that!

I'll be sticking around, and hopefully T&t will continue trucking along smile If anyone wants to hook up with them, feel free to hit me up! You can always PM me, or if you want to get in touch through Skype my name there is snagoster!

Hope to see more of you guys, though! <3

I will definitely be sticking around as well! Theo and Ophelia are open to anyone who wants to meet them and play with them! o v o b

It's hard to see PD close in the staff/sale sense but thank all of you guys for your hard work. You always put the extra polish on everything and I know we all appreciated it. <3

Predestined Victim

Held off replying until now because I was struck by a big case of the woobie feels over PD. I doubt very much I'll find another b/c like Pague Doctor in terms of the immense world and sheer immersion, so I'm glad you guys will be keeping the guild open! I'll still see you guys around in other shops too, which is always nice. While I'll probably have to reformulate a few things, I'll still rp out Cadu & Dr. J. I love them too much~

Plague Doctor was the first b/c I jumped into after my long hiatus and it's still been my favourite out of any I've joined. Thank you, staff, for your hard work!

Peaceful Bibliophile

19,475 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Mark Twain 100

I also wanted to pop in and say thank you guys for the time I had around with you. I really enjoyed it. I hope no one minds if I lurker-ish-ly watch the guild rp's. ^^

Eloquent Giver

i'm definitely going to stick around and be part of this wonderful community that formed in the last five years.

Minsuil's Prince

Devoted Hoarder

I have loved PD so much even though I haven't been able to contribute much - I only hope that I can try to RP here despite the staff stepping back/ending sales. Leander and his family (and Varrus...) are some of my most-loved characters; I'm really glad to have played here even a little bit. Good luck, everyone - I definitely understand business!

I have been on PD and on Gaia for a lot less than a year, but I wanted to thank you guys SO MUCH for all you've done here and for me! Even though I was never terribly active, I believe PD influenced me a lot as a writer. It is here that I got a burning desire to get better at pretty much everything rp related. That means a whole frickin lot to me.

While it makes me really sad to hear that this is the official end of PD, I believe that this community will be able to stay together and continue being sorta like a family.
All in all I want to thank you all for your hard work all these years! Thank you!

I'm still pretty inactive nowadays, but you'll have yourself a lurker in here forever heart

Liberal Tipper

Just would like to reiterate the overwhelming sense of gratitude expressed in all the responses before mine so far -- I think that alone says a lot about the type of community that PD has wonderfully, artfully, and inspirationally managed to attract and cultivate. Wish you all the best in life, both in and out of Gaia! And I look forward to still hanging out with all y'all who plan to stick around c: (speaking of which, Semblance, I'll reply our RP soon-ish!)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff