Welcome to Gaia! ::

Are you excited the shop is back?

YES! 0.57547169811321 57.5% [ 61 ]
No :| 0.056603773584906 5.7% [ 6 ]
Ooooh This shop looks cute! 0.36792452830189 36.8% [ 39 ]
Total Votes:[ 106 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 458 459 460 > >> >>> »|

User Image

Hello there! Welcome to my Tea Shoppe. You can just call me Uncle, feel free to look around.
If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask in the thread or PM me!

Guild - Owners List - Events

~ ~ ~
1 - Opening
2 - Updates/Rules
3 - Story
4 - Stages
5 - Familiars
6 - Seasonal
7 - Events
8 - Flatsales
9 - Auction
10 - Customs
11- Brewing
12 - Pickups
13- Affiliates
14 - Staff
15 - Reserved/Credits

User Image

1.11.2015 Front page is revamped, official announcement of new lines.
10.16.2014 There was a large drop off of owed dragons.
10.12.2013 Removed the old affiliates because they were all dead or on hiatus for year, if the shop is still active our apologizes for the mistake, please send us a new link!
9.3.2013 - Berri and Shadi take over the shop! New meta begins! Shop revival starts.
6.2.2009 - Looking people to help out with shop Meta-plot. Are you up to the challenge?
5.3-31.2009 - May Flowers Event!
3.17.2009 - Hiatus over! Happy St. Patrick's Day!
1.27.2009 - Brewing info finalized!
1.24.2009 - Winter Event Finishes
12.912008 - Harps takes over full time
11.29.2008 - I'm cooking up a winter event!
11.17.2008 - Kit is on Hiatus, so Harps is running the show for a bit.
10.6.2008 - Moved Custom Pots to the GUILD!
8.11.2008 - Summer Carnival Check Events! Updated Custom/Full Custom Please note!
7.23.2008 - 2 colorists hired! Welcome to yeonhwa and harpsdesire!! Super Secret Event in planning stages....shhh..
6.26.2008 - Hiring colorists, the search begins...
6.11.2008 - RL is beating Kit over the head. Iced Tea-Dragon auction starts. (ends 6/18 2pm EST)
5.16.2008 - Hiatus over! Newbie flaffle planned for 5/23 7pm EST
3.12.2008 - Flaffle over! Congrats winners!
2.26.2008 Harmony Brewing Pair Auction begins, (ends 4/6 @ 7pm EST)
2.4.2008 - Sake-Dragon Poem contest begins in guild (ends 2/7)
1.31.2008 - Coatl' Raffle begins (ends 2/14)
1.6.2008 - Firstflatsale Over! Welcome Cai, Bela, and Kefira! CUSTOMS Open
1.5.2008 - Guild Opened.
1.1.2008 - First Flatsale scheduled for the 6th @ 1pm EST
12.24.2007 - First Auction Ends, congrats Aldessa and welcome Queet!
12.11.2007 - GarnishPets up!
12.10.2007 - Coatl Auction Started.
12.06.2007 - Thread started.

~ ~ ~

Rules:
1) NO stealing lines or artwork!
2) Be polite to others in the thread.
3) Send trades and PMs to Tea-Dragons
4) Uncle, Harpsdesire and Kitkaze have final say.
5) Do not edit posts!
6) You will have 72 hours to send forms/trades after winning a dragon. After that, it may be re-sold.
7) Rules may be amended if necessary.

User Image

One sunny afternoon, while stocking the shelves of my tea shoppe with my latest delivery of tea, I came upon some cases that I didn't remember ordering. Now I can be a bit absent minded at times but I surely would have remembered these cases. With further inspection of these cases I grew even more confused as I had never seen such a wide variety of flavors in each case before.

Deciding it would be best to give them a taste before selling them to my customers, I boiled some water and dropped in the tea bag. After a few minutes something amazing happened. A tiny clawed hand came up from the aromatic tea and gripped the side of the cup. Soon after a tail and an entire tiny dragon followed it!

To my surprise he was quite docile and very friendly. He chirped at me as I finished sorting the rest of the cases. I decided that this very special tea must only go to people who would care for these adorable little creatures, whom I fondly call...

Tea-Dragons.

User Image

Tea-Dragons come in all colors and flavors. But each start out as tea leaves, those leaves may be in tea bags or tea balls. Depending on the type of tea you steep will directly effect the type of dragon that emerges from the tea. We currently have two types of tea on our shelves, Western Teas and Eastern Teas

The Western Tea-Dragon begins life as a teabag, while the Eastern Tea-Dragon begins life as loose tea in a teaball. After you find a table in the shop, I'll bring over a cup of hot water for you to steep your teabag or teaball in. It may take a little while, for the Tea-Dragon to steep long enough to emerge fully and perch on your cup.

User Image

User ImageStage one, You have received a Teaball or Teabag. Currently the magic is dormant, but luckily for you all it needs to wake it up is some hot water and a bit of love. This stage lasts one week.

User ImageStage Two: Cup, You have received a cup to go along with your Teabag/Teaball. During this stage the water will begin to change its color into tea, and some bubbles might occur as the dragon starts to awaken form its tea form. This stage lasts one week.

User ImageStage three: Hatchling, The baby dragon has yet to fully emerge from the cup but are quite active swimming around. Chirps can be heard as the baby attempts to talk, occasionally a limb will poke out of the cup. This stage lasts two weeks.

User ImageStage four: Adult, The fully grown tea-dragon has emerged from its cup and perched itself on top. It is rare for an adult dragon to leave its cup. During slumber the dragon will re-treat back into its cup. This stages lasts forever.

User Image

These adorable GarnishPets were found in the bottom of the case near the Tea-Dragons. And just like the Tea-Dragons
come in a wide assortment of colors and varieties.

User Image

Each pet can be personalized to your liking, and only cost 3k. They sit on a spoon near your pet and of course can be named.

Just make sure your dragon doesn't decided to eat their new friend!

Garnishpets are always semi-custom, so you can pick colors, type and patterns/markings. If you do not specify colors, I will chose for you, usually colored to match the dragon. To request a line-edited garnish, please send a pm. Prices vary.

Check Here for Open Pots.

User Image

User Image

Specialty or Seasonal Tea Dragons are different from the normal tea dragons, while the eastern and western dragons are made out of the same batch of enchanted tea leaves, with the container they are placed in being the key that decides which form they take the Specialty dragons are created when the magical energy of the tea-leaves leaks out and 'infects' other items causing them to also turn into dragons when placed in water.

As such these dragons are much rarer than their counterparts and are only available during certain times of the year. Currently there are two types of Seasonal dragons the Cocoa's which are available during the fall & winter months and the Ice-Tea dragons which are available during the spring & summer months.

Hot Cocoa: Also known as Coatl's are created during the winter months when packets of hot cocoa come into contact with the tea-leaves. Currently they are the only species of tea-dragons that are not associated with any form of tea. They are legless dragons with vibrant rainbow colored wings.

Ice-Tea: Are created during the summer when cubes of ice come into contact with the tea leaves. They are gecko like in that their toes have adhesive pads which allows them to climb almost any surface and cling to the side of their cups. While they cannot fly like most tea dragons they are still incredibly mobile.
User Image

Nothing is happening right now.

User Image

Flaffles

4 Dragons will be offered at a time, unless other wise stated, and will be given out via flaffle. Each Tea-Dragon is 10k. At the set time, Uncle will post "GO" for 30 minutes after this anyone interested in a Tea-Dragon will post the forum below in the thread. At the end of the 30 minutes "STOP" will be posted and a list will be made of those that posted in the thread. Random numbers will be drawn. The order in which names are pulled, is the order of preference for the Tea-Dragon. Please know your order preference in advance for the given flaffle. You are only allowed one Tea-Dragon per person per flaffle. You may proxy for others. Also if any other rules are posted during a flaffle you are expected to abide by them, for example a newbie flaffle would be for those that have no Tea-Dragons.
If you have any questions please voice them either in the thread or in a PM to Uncle "Tea-Dragons"

When the Flaffle opens post this form in the thread to claim a spot for a Tea-Dragon.

[size=18][color=blue]I'd like a cup please![/color][/size]
Name:
Tea-Dragon Preference: (first to last)

Once you've won, and your Tea-Dragon preference has been clarified by the staff, please fill out the form in the certing thread and begin the trade. And please label the trade, "Tea-Dragon Flaffle" Trades not completed in a timely manner may end up forfeiting their Tea-Dragon.

Once your dragon is ready Uncle will post your certed Tea-Dragon in the "Guest List" Feel free to direct link!

User Image

Bidding Rules:
1) There is a 15 minute anit-snipe guard at the end of the auction. A bid with in the last 5 minutes of the auction time will cause the 15 minutes to be added. At the end of those 15 minutes the bidding will cease.
2) No retracting bids.
3) Bid only what you have.
4) Items are taken at average Tektek price upon end day of auction.
5) Be nice to other bidders.

I'd like to bid ____, in the Auction please!

Bidding History

User Image

Customs

For those of you that have a flavor in mind and do not see it in an up and coming flaffle. This is for you.
There are two types of customs semi-customs and full-customs. Both are full growing at the present time.

Please head over to the Guild for more information!

Semi-Customs
Those that choose a semi-custom Tea-Dragon choose the type of tea, Eastern or Western,
as well as the general colors and flavor of the Tea-Dragon. Each semi-custom Tea-Dragon costs 30k.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Full-Customs
A full-custom Tea-Dragon allows for more choice.
In addition to those in the semi-custom, they get greater control over the placement of the colors.
Full-custom Tea-Dragons start at 50k each, with minor to moderate line edits, costing more.

User Image

Love Story
The brewing of Tea-Dragons is a beautiful and romantic affair, more magical than biological. The pair are given a brewing pot of hot water and fresh, untreated tea leaves, the basic materials from which every type of tea is made. As the loving parents blow the rising steam from the surface of the water, the heat of thier breath causes the leaves to sink and the water to evaporate, leaving dried tea in the bottom of the pot.

But, this is no ordinary tea. It is imbued with the love and life essence of the brewing pair, and has the potential to become new Tea-Dragons. The stronger the love between the parents and the greater their desire to bring forth new life together, the more tea leaves make it to the bottom of the pot, creating enough loose tea to fill more teabags or teaballs.

While the happy parents watch, the leaves that will become their children are carefully packed into teabags or balls to await the cup of hot water that will release the new dragon within.

Breeding Info

Most breeding info can be found here.
Quick run down:
One offspring per owner.
20k for normal breedings.
40k for seasonal dragons.
Two offspring per breeding with the exception of lifemates and RP'd couples.
Dragons of any gender can breed with eachother.

Check Here for open Brewing Pots.

User Image

This is a temporary pickup area. If you ever lose your dragon, you can find it on the "guest list" thread in the guild. You can direct link, but once your dragons are full grown, you may also chose to host them yourself for extra security against loss.

User Image
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff204/Tea-Dragons/Certs/Fireworks2.jpg

User Image

If you'd like to link to us, drop Uncle a PM and we'll list you here. We'd only ask that you link back to us as well!

User Image

[url=http://tiny.cc/OLK94][img]http://tinyurl.com/ys9ojz[/img][/url]

~ ~ ~

User ImageUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

~ ~ ~
User Image
Info on mules, owners, staff and past staff.

User Image

Our shop mule Uncle "Tea-Dragons" is a happy-go-lucky older man.
He's always ready with a story for you and some more hot water to keep your Tea-Dragons happy.

User Image

Our Event mule "Tea-Reader" is a mysterious woman who goes by Ma,
although some prefer to call her Madame.
She knows a lot about tea-dragons and magic in general.
She is adept at dodging questions.

User Image

Our drop off mule "Tea-Servers"
She is Uncle's niece and works part time as a waitress at the shop.

User Image

Strawberri Stardust is: Current Owner, Colorist, IDK
-have berri put a blurb here-

User Image

Shadica is: Owner, Certist, Manager and People Wrangler.
A cheerful and friendly girl who often takes the guise of a mermaid.
She tends to suffer from a terrible case lurking, which can usually be solved with a quote.
She loves to roleplay, but tends to be a bit shy about asking, so feel free to ping plots at her.

User Image

Harpsdesire is: Previous owner, Guest Colorist, Line-editor, and total Geek.
She loves to see new faces and make new friends, so make yourself at home!
<3 If you want to rp your dragons or have great plot ideas, pm her!

User Image

Kitkaze is: Lineartist, Original Owner, Creator of Tea-Dragons,
and all around nut job.
She loves to talk, so get her going and duck!
^_^ Happy Tea Time!

User Image

Brittlebear is: Lineartist, Templatist
Hired assassin, Slayer off all things art.

User Image

Credits: Concept, Banners, Cert, Original Lines & Templates by Kitkaze
Current lines & Templates By Brittlebear

Fonts: Olho de Boi & Journal from dafont.com

Bullets: Cup Emojis from fsymbols.com/emoji/

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items