9. Summoning
10. Items
11. Owners
12. Links
13. Staff
14. reserved
15. Credit

User Image

User Image 03.17.09 --- Please give a warm welcome to our new colorists- Graphophobia, kitsunewillbitechu, Zingling and Lanthiriel! Keep a lookout for an event soon!
User Image 03.03.09 --- Dahli is back! And we're hiring!! Interested in becoming an EPIC colorist? Click here!
User Image 01.08.09 --- I will be gone from 01/09 till possibly some time in February to visit my husband in Germany who recently came back from Iraq. I'll be able to come on Gaia and answer PMs and such, but since I will be away from my computer I won't be able to work on any Epic stuff. When I get back, expect lots of Epic stuff!
User Image 12.20.08 --- The Epic Holiday event has come to a close. Congrats to everyone who won one. If you didn't, don't worry, there will be plenty of chances to get an Epic coming up.
In other news, my area is supposed to get a bad wind storm tonight that may knock out the power. We've been warned that if the power does go out we could be out for possibly a week. So if I'm not around, that would be why. That means orb openings might be late as well. Or not, you never know what the weather will actually do around here.
User Image 12.02.08 --- Info for the Epic Holiday event is up now! If you have any questions, please ask. Good luck everyone!
User Image 11.22.08 --- Our first flatsale was a success! So please welcome the 4 new orbs we have rolling around here. heart Also, please vote in the poll for your favorite species of Epic. These results will probably determine the drawing order when it comes to raffles and such.
User Image 11.21.08 --- Thread open! How very exciting.

User Image

Hiring!
Epic is now hiring colorists!! Interested? CLICK HERE!

Upcoming Flatsales

User Image Flatsale- 10,000g These are essentially speed sales. Once the orbs are posted the first person to claim each gets it. There will be very little warning to when a flatsale with occur, maybe only an hour, maybe less. Blink and you may miss it. Proxies and giving your winning orbs to friends is allowed.

Upcoming Flaffles

User Image Flaffle- Free to enter, 10,000g if you win- Made to be the most even and fair way to obtain an orb, in a flaffle everyone will be given a certain amount of time to enter for a ticket. You may only enter for 1 ticket and there will be no proxies and you will not get to choose your number. At the end of the sign up time we will choose the winners by way of random rolls. After all winners are chosen they will be asked to list their preference of Epic and once all preferences are listed we will post the winners of each orb and payment is due immediately. You can not give away or trade your orbs without a Forget-me-Not!

Upcoming Raffles

User Image Raffle- Price TBD- Like a flaffle but with a cost and an unlimited amount of tickets can be bought. Sometimes these may be for something more than a regular epic and the price of tickets may vary. Proxies are welcome and if you win you may give away your orb as you like. You will not get to pick your numbers but you may purchase tickets in multiples of ten.

Upcoming Autions

img]http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp279/epic_beasts/web/ul.png[/img] Auction- Like any other auction, the largest bid wins! But please only bid with funds you currently have available. Auctions will usually be for customs, cosplays or very special orbs.

User Image Bribes- Let me just throw this out there- Bribes are redonkulous. If you think you've got a good bribe then fill out a custom form with the price you're willing to pay for it and if we like the way you're talkin' we'll see about doing it. But don't bother with small number bribes, they've got to be *more* than worth our time.

We are currently OPEN for bribes.

User Image Commissions- For real life cash. Info coming soon.

Custom form:

size=24][b]Custom Form[/b]/size]
Owner name:
Species:
Offer: (if you won a custom through an auction don't worry about this.)
Description: (Describe what you'd like with as many details as possible. Reference pics are also loved.)
I understand that the intricacy of my custom will effect its magic ability: Y/N

User Image
User Image

User Image Read everything before attempting to purchase an orb. It's obvious when people have not read the rules, because they break them! And that can be grounds for gray listing. So please, read carefully, especially before you ask a question that could be answered here!

User Image Be kind and courteous to everyone in the thread at all times, including yourself! Keep the negativity out and away. Negativity kills the thread, which in turn makes us very unhappy.

User Image Unless it seriously concerns the shop, do not bother staff with problems between you and another thread goer. If someone is giving you trouble either take it to PMs or a mod. Not us. The only exception to this is if it should concern us, like someone trying to cheat a flaffle or someone harassing you that needs to be blocked from the shop. If it does concern us, please PM the shop mule and do not bring it up in thread.

User Image On that note, do not PM the mule or staff unless there is a serious problem. If you have questions that aren't answered on the front page ask them in thread and someone should be along to answer you. The only time that you should PM staff is if you are certain of cheating in games, certain of someone blatantly breaking the rules or if there is another serious, negative issue that needs to be brought up but is inappropriate for the thread. If you're unsure, ask in thread if you can PM a staff and we may or may not personally invite you to.

User Image Absolutely no co-owning except on auction or bribe Epics. On those that are allowed to co-own: If you and the co-owner have a falling out and need to change the cert you must purchase a Forget-me-Not to do so. We will assume the change has already been decided between the two of you and will not tolerate bickering over the Epic. To make sure of this, the co-owner who's name is NOT to be on the cert must send the form with the other co-owner's name on it. We will make an acceptation if the former co-owner is no longer on Gaia and you can provide proof to that (last log in date, ect.)

User Image Unless you have purchased a custom expect to have no say in how your Epic turns out. If you don't like what you got you're welcome to try again later for something new. And do not let us catch you complaining about what you got or you may find yourself on the gray list. Do not try to sell it or give it away in thread, this is just rude. "I don't like it, who wants it?" Just no. If you have a friend who would appreciate it more, there's always Forget-me-Nots to be purchased.

User Image Do not use post styles in this thread! If you do we will ask you to turn them off. And if you just so happen to use them in an event or while trying to obtain an orb, you will be ignored.

User Image We require a name for your Epic before it grows to adult stage (approx. 2 weeks after DOB.) If we do not receive a name by then we will give it one of our choosing and you will have to purchase a Forget-me-Not to change it. And trust me, you'll want to change it. (Staff picked names will have a * before them.)

User Image

User ImageGraylistUser Image
These people are not allowed to participate in events until a given date.

User ImageBlacklistUser Image
These people are no longer welcome in this thread and may not post in this thread, event threads or in the guild, participate in any events or obtain any more Epics than they already have.

User Image

User Image

User ImageQ. How do I obtain an Epic?
A. Check the Availability post for upcoming ways to get your very own Epic! All information concerning that event will be posted there.

User ImageQ. Yay! I won an orb! Now what?
A. Now name it! You can name your Epic any time between being notified of your win until they reach their adult stage (approx. 2 weeks after their DOB.) If you do not name your Epic before it reaches adult stage a name will be chosen by the staff and you will need to purchase a Forget-me-Not to change it to something you'd like. And trust me, you'll want to change it.

To name your Epic please post this form:
[size=18][color=red]I'M NAMING MY EPIC![/color][/size]
Name: (the name you chose)
ID #: (found on the upper left corner of the cert, if you don't have a cert yet, describe the one you won)
Owner's Name:

User ImageQ. I won one... but where can I find it?
A. As soon as your Epic is certed it will be put in the drop off post and usually posted in the thread. This will usually happen when your Epic grows too. After that you'll be able to find it in the owner's list. You will not be PMed or personally notified of growths or drop offs, it is up to you to do that.

User ImageQ. I have an awesome idea for an Epic! How can I get a custom?
A. Customs can be obtained either though auctions, bribes or real life commissions.

User ImageHave a question? Ask it in thread and I'll add it here!

User Image
User Image

User Image
Dragon
Dragons are highly intelligent beings of magic and physical strength. Be careful with these creatures as they my cut you with claw, spark or wit.

User Image
Unicorn
These creatures possess grace and purity that surpasses all. Unicorns only befriend the purist of humans... unless that unicorn is corrupt itself. Coloring is everything to unicorns.

User Image
Kirin
Luck and fortune mean everything to Kirin. By far the most open and friendly of the Epics, Kirin aim to please all, even those who may not have the best intentions.

User Image
Griffin
Put your trust in a Griffin and you will have a loyal companion for life. These creatures never betray their guardians, but will hardly ever listen to anyone else.

User Image
User Image

Epics have a magic ability that allows them to breed. The strength of their ability will determine the number of Epic babies they will be able to summon. There are 4 grades of magic ability:

User Image Normal: Granted to most Epics.
User Image Weak: Epics with a weak magic ability are usually unusual in some other way, whether it be because their parents are of two separate species of Epic, or because they are physically unusual in some way.
User Image Strong: Rarely obtained through the summoning of two like specied, normal magicked Epics. These are breeding machines.
User Image Infertile: Epics with absolutely no magic ability, but will be far superior in some other physical way. Cosplays and heavy customs are almost always infertile. Infertility can be cured through an item sold in the shop. (There's a reason for this, I promise. XD)

The number of Epic babies is determined by the magic ability of the parents. The basic scale of like-specied Epics looks like this:
weak x weak = 1
weak x normal = 2
weak x strong = 3
normal x normal = 3
normal x strong = 4
strong x strong = 5

Though summonings between two different species of Epics may lower the number of babies received. For example: strong dragon x strong kirin = 3

Summoning costs 30k*

Summoning Spots Available

1. OPEN
2. XclosedX
3. XclosedX

*The price does not guarantee you any number of babies, it is the couple involved in the summoning that determines how many orbs will be summoned.

If there is a spot open you may PM Keeper of the Epics with the following form:
[b][size=24]Summoning Pair![/size]
Parent 1----
Name:
ID Number: (found in the upper left corner of the cert)
Owner:

Parent 2----
Name:
ID Number: (found in the upper left corner of the cert)
Owner:

We will PM you back and let you know if your pair has been accepted then you may send the trade for 30,000g. Once your pair has successfully summoned new orbs we will PM you with them (and maybe post them in the thread) and you can then let us know who each orb will go to. It is up to the you to determine the owners of the new orbs. If you have not given us the names of the new owners within 1 week of receiving the initial PM we put the names of one of the parent's owners on the cert and you will need a Forget-me-Not to change it.

*Summoning dealings will be done with whoever initiates the summoning PM. Trades can be split between both owners, but in most cases we will only PM one owner when it comes to communicating about the summoning.

*PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Make sure the owner of the other summoning parent is AWARE of the summoning. If we find out you just hooked up your Epic with someone else's without asking you will be blacklisted.

User Image
User Image

User Image Forget-me-Nots - 2,500g - Will help your Epic forget certain things about itself, including it's name, owner, even gender! (If you'd like any changes made to your cert, would like to rename your Epic, give it to a friend or if you have changed your username and need that updated on your cert a Forget-me-Not will be required.)
To purchase, send a trade for 2,500g to the Keeper of the Epics and PM the following to Keeper of the Epics:

[b][size=18]Forget-me-Nots[/size][/b]
Pet ID#: (found on the upper left corner of the cert)
Changes to be made: (detail it here)

User Image Magic Potion - 5,000g - Gives pets with NO magic ability a weak magic ability. It has no effects on Epics with any magic ability. This potion will basically allow infertile Epics to summon.
To purchase, send a trade for 5,000g to the Keeper of the Epics and PM the following to Keeper of the Epics:

[b][size=18]Magic Potion[/size][/b]
Pet ID#: (found on the upper left corner of the cert)

User Image Cloud Fruit - --- - We're not sure what this does yet, but it sure is cute!

User Image
User Image

#Number - Name - Owner - Species

#00001 - Niah - Dahli Lama - Kirin
#00002 - Lilly - Mini Mage of DHOOM - Unicorn
#00003 - Nieve - Lady Shadow the Hakkari - Griffin
#00004 - Topaz - Jezbel - Dragon
#00005 - Caboose - Mameha Otome - Kirin
#00006 - Sunil - Jezbel - Griffin
#00007 - Minali - melodymh4 - Kirin
#00008 - Faramond - Silverah - Unicorn
#00009 - Amethyst - GrnGriff - Dragon
#00010 - Namine - Lanthiriel - Kirin
#00011 - Zexion - endejester - Kirin

Secret Santa 2008

#SS001 - Angel* - Chibizoo - Kirin
#SS002 - Sparx - Kitt Koneko - Griffin
#SS003 - Snowball* - Kamileunaire - Unicorn
#SS004 - Mistle - Zingling - Dragon
#SS005 - Belle - Amethyst M Bell - Dragon
#SS006 - McIcy* - [.Silvr-Moon.] - Kirin
#SS007 - Phillipe - NinetailedNightmare - Unicorn
#SS008 - Lexi - lylstarryazngurl - Griffin
#SS009 - Rudolf - Kitt Koneko - Kirin
#SS010 - Bituin - Huni Pi - Unicorn
#SS011 - Lacti - Keliptis - Dragon
#SS012 - Teale - ex o ex Snoof - Griffin

User Image
User Image

Leaving? Why not try some of these fine shops?

Link to us? Copy this code and in the place of ### put the number of the banner you'd like. If you'd like to affiliate with us just post a request in thread. Please include the banner code for your shop.
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/breedable-changing-pets/t.45276943/][IMG]http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp279/epic_beasts/links/link0###.jpg[/IMG][/url]

1. User Image 2. User Image 3. User Image 4. User Image 5. User Image
6. User Image(200x40)

User Image
User Image

User Image Dahli Lama - Linearts, colorist, graphics... everything?

User Image
User Image

User Image Images, concept and graphics © Desirae Limestall aka Dahli Lama

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items