Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

Welcome to SoA's Secret Santa thread!

It's time again for the fun that is Secret Santa season in the B&C! This is the official thread to find ways to send out Shadows of Africa pets to your friends. Every SS purchased here is a regular SoA character that may be RPed and bred. If you are unfamiliar with SoA, you should check out our main thread HERE.

Slots will open at the whim of colorists but this thread will close on December 25th, when crates may begin to open!

Next scheduled availability...
ex. Colorist - Date & Time - Type (Semi-custom, Precolored, Other)

Seaki - Tuesday 21st @ 3pm EST - Pre-colored (Stars) & Semi-Custom

User Image

User Image Rules

• The return sender will always be SoA Secret Santa. Do not discuss who you have purchased crates for or who you think has sent you one in this thread, we like to keep things secret!

• You may send a maximum of 3, you may receive a maximum of 2. Total.

• You may not purchase more than 1 crate for any single person, and you may not purchase any for yourself. Spread the joy!

• No mules, no whining, no begging.

• Have fun!

User Image Ordering Information

• Slot openings are not on a fixed schedule, any upcoming slot openings will be listed in the first post.

• Unless otherwise stated, every order is worth only one slot. You send one PM, you get one slot. Do not place multiple orders in the same PM or send multiple PMs unless the colorist has specifically stated that this is allowed.

• To order, wait for the cue from a colorist opening slots and PM orders to this mule. Do not post orders in the thread.

• You will get a PM back only if your order is being taken.

• Crates are all FREE!

• Each crate contains one (1) adult SoA. Its design may have been a semi-custom, designed by the sender, or part of a precolored set designed by the colorist (info below).

• Traditional Semi-custom: You decide species (lines are CC), gender and give a list of up to 3 colors (Colour Lovers palettes must follow this restriction) and a few inspirational words to guide their design.

• NEW! Precolored Themes: A colorist prepares a random number of SoA ahead of time and assigns them to crates randomly to be given out. Rather than giving a semi-custom design to suit the friend you are gifting, you pick the friend that you think would appreciate the theme. Example themes might be 'Natural TLK' or 'Christmas Colors'.

• Know the rules and expectations of the colorist when trying to obtain a slot through them. Order limit and/or customization of crate contents may vary from time to time.

• Use this form when ordering during a Traditional Semi-Custom opening:

[b]Your Name:[/b]
[b]Gift Recipient:[/b] (full username)
[b]Recipient's Nickname:[/b] (to appear on label)

[b]Species:[/b] (lion, leopard, cheetah, hyena, wild dog)
[b]Gender:[/b] (male, female)
[b]Colors & Inspiration:[/b]

• Use this form when ordering during a Precolored Theme opening:

[b]Theme:[/b]
[b]Your Name:[/b]
[b]Gift Recipient:[/b] (full username)
[b]Recipient's Nickname:[/b] (to appear on label)

User Image Notes

• Double-check the full username of the recipient, we need to be able to send it to the right person.

• Do not ask for or expect complex SoA when ordering. We'd like to be able to send out more simpler gifts, not fewer complicated gifts.

• Pattern suggestions (e.g. spots, splotches, simple) and descriptive guiding words (e.g. sunrise, magical, winter) are both valid uses of the 'inspiration' section.
    • Do not name animals or books/movies/etc that do not leave room for CC in design, these are not customs.

• While you get to pick species, the colorist gets to pick which line set (i.e., you can pick 'leopard' but you cannot pick 'leopard (alt. lines)').
User Image Notes to Recipients

• Crates are sent with the name of the colorist responsible for opening it so you may post in the appropriate certing thread once they are open. If you are uncertain, the URL often indicates colorist.

• Direct link your crate until it opens!

• If your crate does not open by February 1, 2022, PM Mkodi.

User Image Recipient List

• AstoriaFallen
  • Candle Wick Ghost
  • ChexaRain
  • DaisyMilk
  • Das Tor
  • Epine de Rose
  • Fairy Snails
  • Fayt_of_Redemption
  • Hattaki
  • Hoshi Lockhart
  • houllow
  • Ice_Dragon_Demon
  • Jovi of Shadows
  • Juliette06
  • Kathryn Dragonna
  • Kivras
  • Koiasi
  • Lithiasaur
  • OneWintersNite
  • nessiaing
  • NovaCracker
  • Prism Shine
  • Revel1984
  • SilverLutz

Names in bold have reached their limit, they cannot receive any more crates.

User Image Hopeful Newbie List

• Don't know who to send an SS to? Check this list for ideas!

• If you have 5 or fewer SoA, you may post the following form here to be added to this list. This does not guarantee you will receive a crate, but.. who knows?

• If you must use a Colour Lovers palette, remember the 3 color limit!

• If you MUST specify exact shades, give hex codes, not images of an existing pet.

• You have a 3 color limit, not word. Please do not use words that indicate many colors (e.g. Rainbow) and keep the limit in mind.

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]3 Favorite Colors:[/b]

User Image The List

• Juliette06 - Blue (bright/sky/cyan preferred shades), green, black

• Updated to pg 2

LOLTERGEIST's Waifu

Winter Wolf

EEEEE So exciting :3
Oooo, ss time! heart
5 slots are open! These will be colored by Fairy Snails
These are closed! I'll be sending out pms later tonight heart

LOLTERGEIST's Waifu

Winter Wolf

I told myself I’d remember to get on in time and I forgot because child fell asleep on me while I was taking an exam lol
xD Next time!

Crates have been sent out!
Let's get some holiday cheer going with a flaffle!

User Image
Open: Now
Ends: Dec 4th at noon pst

Rules:
Do not discourage anyone from entering.
You cannot use a mule account to obtain multiple prizes.
If you win, you may gift your SoA to someone else as long as they haven't won something already!

To enter post in big colorful letter that you would like a ticket plus your preference list! If you are a newbie with 10 or less SoAs say so in your post and you will get an extra ticket!

Snuggly Knight

Lithiasaur would like a ticket!

Prefs: 1, 4, 2, 3

Leopleuradon's Partner

Shy Cat

I'd like to enter please!

User: Koiasi
Preference: 1, 2, 4, 3

LOLTERGEIST's Waifu

Winter Wolf

Astoria would love a ticket!!!

Pref: 3