Welcome to Gaia! ::

Welcome to the SoA Secret Santa thread!

Welcome to the Shadows of Africa Secret Santa event thread! Here you will be able to purchase SoA to gift your friends for Christmas! Just make sure to read everything on this page, follow the rules, and spread some good will toward Men, and we should all get along just fine!

So please enjoy spending the '12 Days of Christmas' with us!

This thread will 'officially' close on Christmas Day: crates may (and probably will!) open after that, though! Just keep an eye on them. ^^

These grams are actual SoA pets, that can be RPed and bred at the shop once they are opened: Shadows of Africa

You may post for a cert here: Link Coming Soon

Make sure to read over the main thread for all the general rules of naming, RPing and just generally enjoying your new SoA!

You don't have to RP these pets to give or get them, if you don't want to!

If any crate does not open after one month of owning it, contact Lithia_Brandon for it to be opened!

Schedule of Slot Openings

Lithia's Slots:: Closed!
Cajanic’s Slots:: Closed!
[Eskimo]:: Closed!
Ecavi:: Closed!

If any other colorists want to join in, let us know!
Rules and Guidelines!

Rules:

• Please do not reveal who you are buying for, or who you think is sending you gifts in thread! You're free to talk about it elsewhere, but we like to keep things secret around these parts. <3

• You may only buy/give a maximum of 3 gift SoA! This is to help make sure the colorists don't get overwhelmed. You do not have to order them all at the same time. A list will be kept, with who has ordered what, who has gotten what, and all that jazz.

• You may only receive a maximum of 2 SoA from the Secret Santa!
    "But WHY, Secret Santa Mule, are you telling me who I can and can't gift to?" Because people might go overboard trying to get as many as they possibly can, by asking their friends or, though you're certainly a grinch if you do, using mules. And anyway, it’s Christmas! Spread the love around! This number might be increased if it proves to be too small!

• In addition to the above, and for the same reasons, please only send one SoA to one specific friend! No sending two (or three) SoA to one person! You can send three SS to three different people: still spreading that love around!

• No mules or begging for SS to be sent your way! Giving comes from the heart, not a guilt trip or through cheating!

• Have fun in thread! There may be games, as well as the Advent Calendar, and conversation: any spoil-sports will be frowned upon.

• You are only being asked for specific things in the order form: do not try to imply design or look! This is not where you come for complicated pets, or customs. Designs will be simple, and they are entirely up to the colorists, unless they ask for more guidelines from you!

• Sorry, but no buying one for yourself.

Ordering Information:

SoA Secret Santa gifts will arrive in very pretty crates, and turn into SoA come Christmas! (allowing some time for orders to be processed, of course.)

Once again, if your SoA takes longer than one month to open, from December 31, please contact Lithia_Brandon to have it opened. Christmas through New Years can be a very busy time of year, for multiple reasons, so please allow some patience!

They are 150k each, and the sender can pick the species, gender and up to three colors. Gold only!

Each participating colorist will open slots on their own time, and close them when they feel they've taken enough orders. Trades should go to the colorist that takes your order. They will not open them again until they have prepared the previous orders.

ALL ORDERS MUST BE PMed to the colorist whose slots are open (ON THE MULE)! NO posting orders in thread, please! That kind of kills the 'secret' aspect of it! We're all ninja here.

Send trades to the colorist whose slot you get! Trades will only be fully accepted when the crates have been shipped! But coloring will only begin when the trade is started on your end!

User Image

The Forms:

• Lithia’s:

Your Name: (Your Gaia SN. Won't be used on the SS.)
    Gift Recipient: (Complete screen name, spelled correctly, no nicknames please!)
    Nickname: (For the ‘Please Ship to Section’)
    (Sender's Name will be ‘SoA Secret Santa’.)

Species: (Lion, Hyena, Cheetah, Wild Dog, Leopard: SoAfrica only!)
    Colors: (Please pick a palette from Colour Lovers )
    Inspiration Words: (Spots, Splotches, Stripes, Geometric, Plain: general words to help me come up with designs! Nothing complicated, and no tribal or full body markings. Remember, I am going to try and get out as many SoA to folks for Christmas as possible, you make this possible by keeping things simple!)

[b]Your Name:[/b]
    [b]Gift Recipient:[/b]
    [b]Nickname:[/b]

[b]Species:[/b]
    [b]Gender:[/b]
    [b]Colors:[/b]
    [b]Inspiration Words:[/b]

• Cajanic’s:

Your Name: (Your Gaia SN. Won't be used on the SS.)
    Gift Recipient: (Complete screen name, spelled correctly, no nicknames please!)
    Nickname: (For the ‘Please Ship to Section’)

Species: (Lion, Hyena, Cheetah, Wild Dog, Leopard: SoAfrica only!)
    Colors: (Please pick a palette from Colour Lovers or post up to three colors! )
    Inspiration Words: (Spots, Splotches, Stripes, Plain: general words to help me come up with designs! Nothing complicated, and no tribal or full body markings. No wings. Like Lithia, I want to get out as many as possible! Anything complex may be skipped. If you would like the gifts to have the matching patterns, indicate that as well!)

• [Eskimo]'s:

Your Name: (Your username)
    Gift Recipient: (Full username of the recipient)
    Nickname: (The nickname of the recipient to appear on the crate)
    Species: (Regular SoA lines only)
    Colors: (3-4 colors OR a pallette from colourlovers)
    Inspiration Words: (ONE word for inspiration--such as, "punk", "electric", "magic", "stripey", "sadistic", or something. OR you may link to a song for me to color the SoA to, but if you choose this option, you may not pick any colors.)

The Received List!

These folks have received SS!
They are in alphabetical order (or close to it...) and not in order of when they got the SS or who sent it. =]
Please remember, the cap anyone can be sent is 2!
Gifts won in games, or given directly from colorists don't count for this list!
(Colorists can send as many of their own gifts as they want! Because they're working hard for everyone. <3)
Names who have hit their cap are in bold! They cannot receive any more SS!

20Snails
Amy D
Andranis
Buffy_the_Bloody
Caedek
Chibi Sheepcat
Christopher Johnson
Das Tor
Divena
Doodle p***s
Dreydrop
Epine de Rose
Fea Line
Fraulein Flustern
Frezir
~girl of black and white~
Greenie 0_0
[ Hey You! ]
hibi-tea
Hitsuzen
Hopefolly
Hotaru-Neko
JetAlmeara
Kathryn Dragonna
Kireiryuu
Lorne_Sionn
Lunar_Shadows
Magical Werefox
marzipanz
~Masamune~
Mediciner
Mogami
Naien Haigara
Nerpin
nessiaing
Oneeko
Pinchmonster
pippi18848
Poke mattix
Polette
Princess_Feylin
Quiftan
raikougal
Reeshie Hack
Rhea Hyuga
Sabra Knight
Schicksalswende
Sephiros Immortalis
She-Re of Etheria
Tahja Estes
Talencia
Tara de Draiocht
Thalion
Three Tailed Fox
Uta
-_Wish of the Goddess_-
wooga Paes
Zephira738
Hopeful/Newbie List!

If you want to be on this list you must be an SoA Newbie! What does this mean? You have less than (or equal to) five SoA/SoAsia! None to five, and no more than that!

What does this list do? Well, giftgivers in the thread will see this list and that might encourage them to send a SS your way! This does not mean you are guaranteed a SS, of course, but with all that Christmas Cheer around this place, who knows?

Remember, this is not the place to come for customs: design ideas must be simple. No tribal or full body/complicated markings, and no references unless they are asked for!

Just post the following form:

[align=center][color=red][size=18]I am a newbie and I would like to be added to the Hopeful List![/size]
[size=10]My favorite colors/basic design ideas are:[/size][/color][/align]

The List:

Creme de la Kitty
I am a newbie and I would like to be added to the Hopeful List!
My favorite colors/basic design ideas are:
Colors = Natural colors, white, black, green
Design ideas = Swirly, glowy!

-- NekoGamer --
Colors= Light purple, orange, dark brown and black.
Designs = Spots, splotches and swirly stripes. Feathery stuff is fun too~

mangshra
Glowy swirly things and the colours purple and green x3

Lady Evelon
My favorite colors/basic design ideas are: black and red/tribal

Ragers
My favorite colors/basic design ideas are: Green and black.

ElvishSorceress
My favorite colors/basic design ideas are: chocolate, caramel, vanilla/spots, or swirls

HelMel
My favorite colors/basic design ideas are: Purple, Red, Gold, Silver, Black - But I'm not picky. Stripes, Swirls, Henna - Again I'm not picky. I like 'most anything. <3

Zombie_Hunter1300
My favorite colors/basic design ideas are: Black, dark red, blue Bones, stripes, tribal

ChezaRain
My favorite colors/basic design ideas are: Anything considered neon, zebra and leopard print, eye makeup on boys, glowy stuff, patchwork.

RockerWolfie1616
My favorite colors/basic design ideas are: Punk, neon, bright rainbow colors coupled with black would be pretty <3 Designs I like are flowing ones, natural or stripes.

Mriae
My favorite colors/basic design ideas are:Colors: Natural colors or soft pastel colors representative of the sunset: pale yellows, pinks, oranges, etc. Design Ideas: Tribal, stripes or swirls. Whichever looks best!

naggeela
My favorite colors/basic design ideas are: Blues, teal, purples, spots, swirly, stripes and splotches.

C.C.G
My favorite colors/basic design ideas are: I love lively and bright colors. Lime green or orange are my favorites. And I particularly love Asian cloud designs.

Bouncy_Pineapple
My favorite colors/basic design ideas are: Purple and blue. Swirls and wing designs? And anything else that's shiny.

Katarina Everard
My favorite colors/basic design ideas are: purples, blues, gold, and black : Palettes - Laughing Raisins or Egyptian Berries.Swirls, Big cat markings, sparkly or glowy things,

Alex Mustang
My favorite colors/basic design ideas are: blue, silver, and white/ for the design something with swirls.

aritota
My favorite colors/basic design ideas are: Anything? Purples and Blacks

Audeila
My favorite colors/basic design ideas are: I love pink/black. And white/black. Those are my two favorite color combos. Or bright bold combos like purple/orange/yellow, or teal/orange/yellow. I love natural markings, and swirly markings. Or weird geometric stuff.

Poppy Yukia
My favorite colors/basic design ideas are: Purple and pink. I like stars and swirls and other simple things. girly things.

yeomso
My favorite colors/basic design ideas are: blue/greens mixed with white
i'm good with all patterns (except dots and similar shapes).

Lucifer Force
My favorite colors/basic design ideas are: Deep earthen colors like brown or green with a very light, neon color on top. I love runic designs as well.

Raving.Rabbids
My favorite colors/basic design ideas are: Palette : Th_Moor. As far as design wise, I like animal markings {like stripes, spots. the works}. Honestly, anything would do with me :] I'm not a picky person at all.

Rhiannon Chandra
My favorite colors/basic design ideas are: Colors: Purple, teal, aqua, white/black Markings: Animal stripes, natural markings, shiny markings, face markings

Kuro-Mizuki
Peach / cream / white / pastel colors. Pretty swirls / natural patterns. :3

Kurama no Koishi
My favorite colors/basic design ideas are: purples, silvers, swirls, starry themes!

junglerunner
My favorite colors/basic design ideas are: Black, white and red. Nordic patterns, bones, feathers, blood splatters.

Moonlit Monkey
My favorite colors/basic design ideas are: Tribal, blues, whites, blacks, stars, techno looking things, and natural patterns. I like a lot..

Taerar Licorne
My favorite colors/basic design ideas are: black and gold/lightning bolts

Mewsings of An Angel
My favorite colors/basic design ideas are: Silver, Dark Blue and I love stars, moons, and natural patterns like cow print, zebra stripes, etc.

Scaramouche Fandango
My favorite colors/basic design ideas are: creams, browns, greys, and natural colors in general, in animal patterns, feathery patterns, or pinto-esque patterns

Dreaming Wide Awake
My favorite colors/basic design ideas are: Colors - Browns/Greens/Blues/Pinks/Black
Basic Design - Simplistic Tribal/Swirls/Arrows/I don't know if you would consider this simple. But Clockwork things

Wyntre IceBlade
My favorite colors/basic design ideas are: Colours: Baby Blues, Pinks, Silvers Ideas: Tiger or Wolfish markings, Moon, or snowy icy things ^^

TheLoudMute
My favorite colors/basic design ideas are: Violet, White, and Black. I like swirly designs.

Tiger_Kisa699
My favorite colors/basic design ideas are: Purples of any shade, black, green and blue. Design's are Animal patter, swirls and Tribal

XbamfoliciousX
Colors: Black, White, Silver, Green, Purple, Orange, Red
Designs: Swirls, Stripes <3 Any animal print. Runic type designs and anything pretty!

TanuKyle
My favorite colors/basic design ideas are: I'd just be happy to get one, haha. Though my favourite species is a lion.

Mei Silja
My favorite colors/basic design ideas are: Rainbow, white, black; Wild, Natural, Warrior.

chi honda
Colors: I love rainbows and bright colorings.
Designs: Glow like or Swirly markings, tribal markings, splotches, and wing designs.

Teigra
Colors: Dark cool colors, like blue, green, purple, black...and also silver
Designs: Natural markings, like stripes and spots, mottled, or simple tribal markings

the_scowling_cat
My favorite colors/basic design ideas are: Dark purple, black, and white and gothic-y

Seiana_ZI
My favorite colors/basic design ideas are: Here, have a choice of palettes! (Nighttime, Shades_of_Lavender) I'm not too picky on designs; just let the artist do what inspires them. <3

musicaloner7
My favorite colors/basic design ideas are: blues, blacks, whites, grays, earth tones, creams, tans, orange, olive green.
Designs: bones, stripes, vines, gradients, painted

Pandaphilic
- Light grey/pink or Black/Hot pink

Tachik
My favorite colors/basic design ideas are:Red, silver, and black in a natural pattern

Megaptera Novaeangliae
My favorite colors/basic design ideas are: I'd be happy if I did get any SoA at all but to be more particular- blues, greys, whites, browns and blacks are lovely. I like natural markings- spots, stripes. I like lighter bellies and muzzles. c:

Saint Of Revenge
My favorite colors/basic design ideas are: simple swirly colors with white and gray.

Zero and Below
My favorite colors/basic design ideas are:Neon blue-Black-White and animal markings/patterns
User Image

This is a very simple game, with a very simple goal: give away one SoA each day before Christmas!

To do this, we will hold a raffle every day between the 13th and the 24th.

Entries for the first raffle on the 13th will open at 12:01 AM PST. They will close at 11:59pm. The next raffle will begin at 12:01 AM on the 14th, and this pattern will continue.

It may not be rolled right when it closes, but no entries after midnight will be accepted for the previous day!

You may enter every day.

You can only win one for yourself. Since this thread is entirely about gifting, you must keep this SoA if you win! Why? Because it is my gift to you!

If you really don't want the one you win, or want to risk trying for one on a different day, you may ask for it to be rerolled and given to someone else!

First Day Raffle: OVER! Winner: Dreaming Wide Awake
Second Day Raffle: OVER! Winner: McPeach Bottom
Third Day Raffle: OVER! Winner: Andranis
Fourth Day Raffle: OVER! Winner: Tiger_Kisa699
Fifth Day Raffle: OVER! Winner: Mtorolite
Sixth Day Raffle: OVER! Winner: Syrius Lionwing
Seventh Day Raffle: OVER! Winner: Moonlit Monkey
Eighth Day Raffle: OVER! Winner: Lorne_Sionn
Ninth Day Raffle: OVER! Winner: mouselet
Tenth Day Raffle: OVER! Winner: Puhterodactyl
Eleventh Day Raffle: OVER! Winner: Manda
Twelfth Day Raffle: OVER! Winner: inglorious D

Just post the following the code (edit in what day it is! Do not enter for raffles that are already over or have not begun!):

[color=red]On the ___ Day of Christmas[/color] [color=green]My True Love Gave to Me:[/color] One SoA!

Snuggly Knight

This is open for posting! If you have any questions, please ask! We'll use this time before any slots open to work out any kinks. =]

Keantha's Pardner

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
What if we don't want to use a pallette from Colour Lovers? xd ;; I'm... EPIC fail at navigating that site.

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
I'm stupid and didn't see the top part.

Snuggly Knight

Shouko, read the rules please.

Drani: That's just the way I'm going to be doing it, for now. I might ask for something else on the day, and other colorists are welcome to just have people list colors, but when 8 people say they like red black and gold... it just makes it tough to design new a different things for everyone. =]

So uh, no, you might not HAVE to use Colour Lovers, lol. It's just very, very helpful to me, personally. =]
Well... if it's open for posting then. Uhm. Hope this is alright. I've only got three!

Colors = Natural colors, white, black, green
Design ideas = Swirly, glowy!

Dapper Humorist

Snuggly Knight

Yup, that list is open! ^^

Generous Unicorn

XD Well that wasn't very secret santa.
Colours: purples, oranges, black/white
Markings: simple markings, tribal markings, animal markings

Am I doing this right? ;; <3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items