Welcome to Gaia! ::

Skilled Connoisseur

19,125 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
I'm surprised there aren't any entries for the twins!

Dapper Spirit

I know! People gotta get on it. The twins are crazy cute.

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
well i am a last minute posterer .. thingy person... ??
that's when adrenaline rush spam happens... >.> <.<
i hate myself seeing spelling errors in my forms after deadline.. i proofread fifty times..

Kinu's Fangirl

Invisible Dabbler

If I don't see a heckin' load of last minute entries, I'm turning this bus around!
Ruriska
If I don't see a heckin' load of last minute entries, I'm turning this bus around!

You're including yourself in that right ;p

Kinu's Fangirl

Invisible Dabbler

I am typing as we speak ;D

Kinu's Fangirl

Invisible Dabbler

ROLLING ON UP, ROLLING ON UP
SO TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF...
Name: Rigged
Personality: A quick-witted charmer who could talk the clothes off your back if he wanted. Rigged likes to chatter and spin a good tale and by the time he’s done you’ve been completely won over and under his spell. This hustler uses misdirection and half-truths to always get his way. Confidence is key in this game and he’s got it in spades. Just as mysterious and fun as the midway itself, Rigged is impossible to predict and always ready to take a chance. But will you ever meet the real him? Probably not.

NOW LET'S TALK...
1. As the Midway-manager, tell us how you would organise the Midway for maximum profit.

“I wasn't always in this gig, y’know. When I was a little tyke, I helped set up all the tents, rigged ‘em up real good, made sure ropes were tight and nothing was gonna fall down on anyone’s head; hence my name - if you believe that? I mean, why should you? Considering why you’re here, you’re after the unscrupulous info, the fun stuff, the proof I’m some blaggard hustler who'll do the same for you.

And maybe I am that big bad bad hustler- but someone’s gotta run the midway and Marquee sure as heck don’t got the chops for it. He’s a showman, you see. He cons you in a different way.

Now the midway, let me tell you something about this place because it’s a different beast. It’s a place of mystery and delight, of terror and fun. Nobody walks into the midway and expects to keep their money. They’re not there to play it safe. When you get under the coloured lights and the music fills your ears and there are screams in the distance, maybe from that ride or maybe something else, you’re already lost.

Sure, you pull all the usual tricks when organizing the place. It’s all about placement, leading them in the right direction. It’s the games that look easy but somehow that ring just won’t stick and it’s placing those food vendors just where you know they’ll start getting peckish. It’s the rides in the distance that they’ll walk through anything to reach to get a thrill and putting just the right things to tantalize them on the way.

But the real trick is the atmosphere and it’s my staff who know their business better than they know themselves. They know how to spot a mark, ‘cause a taught them and ‘cause I picked them for that natural talent. We’re gonna get profit regardless but if we wanna rake it in real good, it’s a matter of emptying the fattest wallets.”

2. Tell us about a time something didn't go your way, and how you overcame that.

“Can’t say things don’t go my way very often. A fella like myself has a habit of making any disadvantage into an advantage - a turn of fate, if you will.

There’s always someone trying to catch you out. They get fed up, maybe they’ve had a drink to bolster their confidence. Maybe they’re got a pretty someone on their arm they wanna impress and they’ve failed to knock over those cups fives times in a row now and are looking pretty darn foolish.

‘It’s rigged,’ they cry - and there I am, because I can sniff out trouble before it even starts.

And I give ‘em a commiserating smile and I ask them what the problem is because I’m the manager and I wanna fix all their problems. And when they tell me, I throw that ball and those cups fall over nice and easy.

‘Ah,’ I say, ‘well how about I give your lovely friend here this little plushie. I apologize you had so much trouble with this venue and we will investigate to make sure everything is being stacked properly.”

There’s a crowd, because there’s always one on the midway, and nobody wants to look a fool when people are watching. You gotta use everything around you, everything you’ve got.

Did that answer your question? Have I let it run away with me?

Oh yeah - there was that time the police came questioning a few things but I fixed that up right as rain. Officer Parks daughter ended up loving her free trip to the circus. Even got to pet some cute animals. We don’t get bothered by them any more.”

3. What would you say is your greatest weakness?

“Greed is one of them deadly sins, right? I do love to turn a profit and sometimes I’ll take it too far. A weakness though? Maybe not. The only one complaining about that are the ones who’ve lost their money.

How about overconfidence? I’ve been called a cocky b*****d a few hundred times. But I refuse to consider that a weakness. Anyone who calls it one is lacking their own confidence and are just jealous somebody can handle life better than they can.

Guess it’s toffee apples then! It’s an apple straight up covered in hard sugar and if that’s not the greatest thing ever invented then I dunno what is. I eat far more than I should while doing my regular rounds but hell, everyone’s gotta have a vice.

Or maybe the real answer is my inability to really emotionally connect to anyone in a meaningful way and my burning jealousy that dear brother now has a pretty wife and kids and I get hives if someone so much as shows a hint of feelings in my direction. Or is that a load of nonsense too? It’s hard to tell, with someone like me.

Well, thanks for your time, friend. I hope you’ve enjoyed our little chat. I'm hired, right? You want to steal me away to another circus and I appreciate that. It's nice to feel wanted. Not that I'll be leaving my family. As entertaining as it would be to join a rival circus and see the look on Marquee's face, I'm gonna pass.

Don't be mad. Stick around and enjoy the circus, then spill out into the midway and let me dazzle you. I won’t leave you a penny but it’ll be a night to remember.”

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Do not panic: i have forms filled out. but i keep changing ideas. i need to call the helpline for brain to stop working overtime XD

Erina_Nobara's Senpai

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
/aimstoplease

THE MORE YOU EAT THE MORE YOU WANT
Usernames: DaemonGabrielle for the boy, Fea Line for the girl
Boy Name: Sugar Spin
Boy Personality: Sugar Spin revels in the dark and dreary. He may look wild and crazy but he hides a darker interior. He enjoys seeing fear in other's expressions and not real shy either, being the type to measure people as they eat for their future coffins.

Girl Name: Poppycock
Girl Personality: Wild and crazy, Poppycock doesn't even try to fool you with her cute looks. She's mischievous and not afraid to pull a bold prank right in front of you. The only thing she loves better than a laugh at other's expense is seeing their smiling faces after eating her fine foods.
Entry:

User Image
Link to larger size = [X]

Menu text:
Caramel Apple Spiders
Caramel covered apples, either red or green, with chocolate dipped pretzel stick legs and mini chocolate chips for eyes.

Breaded Fingers
Hot dogs on sticks carved into the shape of fingers and lightly breaded outsides. Ketchup drizzled on for 'blood' effect.

Poisontini
A 'mocktini' made with sour apple soda in poison vial shaped glass. Sugar dotted around the rim of the glass and a small chunk of dried ice dropped in to create a foggy effect.

Fly-n-Web Cake
Funnel cake wrapped in dragon floss to imitate spider webbing. Small chunks of chocolate in the shape of flies are sprinkled over top.

Popcorn Monster Balls
Green marshmallows melted over popcorn and rolled into balls. With candy eyes and taffy for tongues. Each pair also comes with fake vampire teeth pressed in for the kids.

Vampire Blood Float
Red soda with a heaping scoop of ice cream and topped with a swirl of whipped cream. Red gel icing layered on top for blood effect.

Skilled Connoisseur

19,125 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
Oh man, I mention it and someone posts. And here I am with only most of an entry for us haha.

Garbage Werewolf

26,375 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Oh no...snowing heavily.. better not crap outthe internet..

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
Our net has done been out for the day. >_<

Also, ALL THE LAST MINUTE ENTRIES scream

Skilled Connoisseur

19,125 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
I keep eyeing all the fantastic scavenger hunt entries. They are so good!

Skilled Connoisseur

19,125 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
*clatters around* Dang double post!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers