Welcome to Gaia! ::

Headstrong Duelist

4,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image

[.Welcome To Gem Critters.]

Oh, Hello there! And welcome to Gem Critters!

Please don't mind the mess as we are sorting some things out right now. Please feel free to look around! My name is Jemma, and I am the one who watches over this shop for the owners. The proprietors of this shop are the lovely SkyDragono, and Rinial Sisterdragon.
With a little help from their friends and a whole lot of ideas, they work to make sure that this place stays fun, upbeat, and never stagnates.
Giving a unique experience with each event, and going places your average shop might not.
So come in, have a seat, the story of the gems will surely catch your imaginations.

User Image

Please click the links to go to the page

xx Table Of Contents xx

[.Welcome.]
[News/Updates]
[.F.A.Q.]
[.Rules.]
[.Story.]
[.Pets.]
[.Familiars.]
[.Avalibility.]
[.Breeding.]
[.Customs.]
[.Growths.]
[.Staff.]
[.Lists.]
[.Credits.]

Page 2

[.Events.]
[.Flatsales.]
[.Auctions.]
[.Raffles.]
[.Games.]
[.Affiliates.]

User Image

Click for guild!

User Image

Headstrong Duelist

4,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User ImageUser Image

User Image

User Image 08/13/17 So yes, working on Pokemon. Up above are a few of the pets going up. xD So feel free to come in, look around, and wait as I get this all together.

User Image 07/30/17This is Sky here. So working on some of my list, while getting the event together that I originally promised I would do. If it's not in August sometime, it will be September. So, stay tuned!

User Image 01/10/17This is Sky here. Got some re-certing done, and some familiars done, so this will be available. Rini is kinda off doing other things, so I'm taking over for a bit. Had a Pokemon event planned, but all of my files vanished, I mean like, completely, so I have no idea. So, making something else up as a little warmup. Hopefully you like the new changes. Aquatics are now done as well. Yay!

User Image02/11/14 Well, we have Valentines Grams which are located Here.

User Image07/16/13 Really good at them updates ain't we? So, Rini has opened customs slots, and s new set of breeding's have been completed. Once again I'm fiddling with the front page a bit, cleaning it up, and trying to make things easier to fine. Shocking, I know. ^_^ Have a nice event planned, though don't ask me when it's taking place yet. Just keep tuned in ladies and gentleman!

User Image03/010/13 The Googles have finally been realsed. Those with the google critters please look at page 839, and you should be able to find them.

User Image03/01/13 Well, we have a St. Patrick Day event going on currently, so check out page 2. Lysia_nyteblade is guest coloring for this event.

User Image

Headstrong Duelist

4,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User ImageUser Image

Q - How Do I Get A Gem Critter?
A - Well, you can check the Avalibility Post for any Flatsales, Events, or Auctions. There is always that chance that you just might get one if you happen to be around a lot and have yet to receive one.

Q - What Exactly Are Gem Critters?
A - Gem Critters are critters that come from gems. Nobody is really positive what they are honestly.

Q - How Much Is This Going To Cost Me?
A - It depends on how you obtain a gem. Patrons can give you a pet (but don't beg for one), you con obtain one in an event (flatsale, auction, raffle, etc), sometimes there are just freebies given in the thread, or various other ways.

Q - Is It Possible To Get My Gold Back If I Don't Like It?
A - No refunds will be given but we can try our best to fix whatever is bugging you.

Q - Is This Pet Rp Required?
A - No it isn't. However, it's more fun that way. xD

Q - How long does it take for them to grow?
A - A week from Gem to Child; a week and a half from Child to Adult. Though if there are events going on (or college), it may take a little longer. But it will grow, unless it is a perma-teen, meaning it is a pet in the teenage stage that will never get past the teenage stage.

User Image

Headstrong Duelist

4,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User ImageUser Image

[.Basic Rules.]

:1: Follow Gaia TOS.
:2: No stealing the art or claiming it as your own.
:3: Respect -everyone- in the shop
:4: No Drama for the love of all that is sane in the world.
:5: No pestering colorists about growings and arrivals. (Colorists have lives outside of Gaia, if a growth is later than 2 weeks you may inquire nicely. Arrivals of customs will have a set drop off when you order them. Again, if late by 2 weeks, you may inquire. Event pets are always certed after the event is finished, sometimes earlier if a colorist is feeling particularly industrious.)
:6: If you have any personal questions for the colorists, PM them unless they ask otherwise.
:7: Please, please, PLEASE be a good sport. If you win, you win. If you lose, you lose. Stop with the guilt trips and whining.
:8: Please refrain from asking to be a colorist or rp manager, or anything really in the shop. When we need help we will ask

More to come

[.Custom/Breeding Rules.]

:1: No selling your Gems or Critters for profit. (any profits being made will call for blacklisting)
:2: No co-owning allowed at this time.
:3: Please post all ownership changes in the Ownership Change thread in the Guild
:4: Please post all names/name changes in the Naming/Certing thread in the Guild.
:5: You may not claim copyrighted characters such as those from movies, books, etc. You may quest for them but a pet isn't 100% yours until they are paid for.
:6: We do accept other forms of payment besides Gaia Gold, but it depends on the colorist. Be sure to check first.

More to come

[.Role Play Rules.]

:1: No chatspeak, 1337 speak, etcetc. We want to understand you. That means try to use proper grammar.
:2: No God-modding. .
:3: Please try to keep other pets (from other shops) out of here.
:4: Don't RP another person's Gem without prior permission.
:5: RP is not required so don't panic(But it does have benefits.)

More to come

User Image

Headstrong Duelist

4,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User ImageUser Image

[.Once Upon A Time.]

A busy city. What first comes to mind? Do you hear the ear shattering noises, feel the crowded streets, or maybe you picture stores upon stores lining the streets? Either way, it is kind of overwhelming. You feel as if you are kind of alone in this place, having just moved here. You should go explore to go get an idea of how to find your way around this place. So, you do and you end up finding a street that was much less crowded. It's almost deserted. Finding this place to be sort of calming and helpful you decide to enter the only shop on the street.

Your first impression of the place is, 'Gosh it's so expensive looking.' The walls were polished and designed wood that was the color of rich dark chocolate. The floor was a sort of velvet carpet in a maroon shade. Gold accent colors could be found among the vases of flowers and the glass cases filled with jewels. The Jewels. There were so many necklaces, rings, earrings. The gems that were set in the precious metals were glittery and gorgeous. You walk over to a case to examine a few that catch your eye.

As you lean forward to study the beauty you feel a presence behind you. Turning around sharply you come face to face with the owner. A middle aged woman who looks happy to see somebody. You being the only one in her shop you figured it was because it must have been a while before shes had a customer on this abandoned street. She greets you with a warming smile that relieves your tension.

You exchange greetings. She points out certain gems you were observing and tells what they are, explaining their rarity. You listen, to humor her excitement but sooner or later you tell her how you don't have any money for any of these gems. She nodded in an understanding way and opens the case that held the jewels you were looking at. Placing one in your hands she tells you it's free. You aren't quick to reject her gift. Instead, you quickly put it in your pocket and thank her. She nods and pushes you out the door before you can ask any questions. "Be sure to come back in a week and I'll explain everything." That's the last words she said before she shut the door behind you and flipped the Open sign to Closed on the front door.

A days go by and you start to notice some strange things happening with your gem. You had put it on your bed stand when you got home and left it there, not having anywhere fancy to wear it out to. One thing you notice is that somehow strange feathers keep showing up next to the gem, no matter how many times you throw those feathers away they keep coming back, more and more every time. Also, it's a bit more glittery then before, almost like it's been polished, smoothed, and then polished again.

More days go by. Getting freaked out by all the feathers that are magically showing up around the gem you place it in your top drawer. It wasn't until exactly a week later you start to notice your dresser making noises. Small coos and cries. Gathering enough courage you open the drawer to find a small critter hiding in your socks. It was like nothing you ever seen before. The gem rested a top this little baby's head and accompanying it were two other gems along it's chubby tail. If you would have known this would have been the outcome of purchasing this gem, would you have still taken it?

You walk into the store and glare at the woman that had helped you before, " I see your back" She says sweeping her arm towards a door, " follow me" She says with a small nod as she walks away. She leads you to a room full of creatures that look like the one you have in your pocket right now, " I couldn't tell you before if I had you wouldn't have taken the Critter and it would be homeless, please forgive me for not telling you before. I need help with all of these guys" She said with a smile reaching out and scratching a large pink and black Critter.

User Image

Headstrong Duelist

4,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User ImageUser Image

User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

If you click the links above, you can see the different breed variant information.

Stages

First Stage - This is the stage in which the Gem Critter has yet to hatch from it's rock hard shell. You may notice some feathers appearing around the gem at times. This only means it's close to hatching, though. Make sure to keep a close eye one it.

Second Stage - Finally, a wonderful little surprise is born. A little Gem Critter youngster is just a fantastic sight. They're curious and excited about the new world around them. In this stage they can't fly. Their wings are grown enough to carry them. However, if they get to a high enough spot they can glide pretty far.

Third Stage - Full grown and as beautiful as ever! Their wings are now strong enough to lift them off the ground without having to leap off things. Also, don't forget that they are ready to have little Gems of their own. Able to do what they want and show their true personalities is what this whole stage is about.

User Image

Headstrong Duelist

4,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image User Image

User Image User Image User Image

Customs! -
                  Full custom: you pick the colors and the pattern - 10k
                  Simi custom: you pick the colors - 7 k
                  Random Custom - 5k

Flatsale:-
                  Randomly colored by the colorists and -2k
                  See Custom post from colorists and forms

User Image

Headstrong Duelist

4,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User ImageUser Image

[.Flatsale.]

Flat price for these Gems is 5k for adults, 7k for children and 9k for gems. Payment is due within 24 hours of winning the Gem or Gem Critter unless something comes up. In this case we must be alerted; this includes going out of town or any other form of being unable to send payment. If you lose power, we can later discuss payment.

There is a holding time of an extra 48 hours unpaid (in case of power outage) before the Gem is resold to someone else.

A couple notes, you can proxy for someone else and get one for yourself. HOWEVER, you MUST post them separately. If they are in the same post, it will be rejected and you must try again. No post editing either.

Each flatsale will open when you see the post

To view current flatsales, see page 2.

[.Auction.]

Special Gems are auctioned off to the highest bidder. These Gems have the utmost care put into their design is carefully chosen.

The same payment options applies for Gems won through auction. You have 24 hours due payment, and a 48 hour holding period in the case of power outage or other emergency.

Starting Bid: 5k usually
Auto Buy: To be determined at the time of the auction.

To Bid please use the following form!

[color=meduimpurple][size=15]I'm BIdding!!!![/size]
[b]For What:[/b]
[b]How much:[/b]
[b]By Who:[/b]

[.Raffles.]

Raffles will usually happen randomly. They are completely free to enter (unless it's posted that tickets cost anything) but sometimes there will be a limit on tickets to give others a chance. You don't want to be greedy and buyout half of the tickets now, do you?

Of course not.

To view current raffles, see page 2.

User Image

Headstrong Duelist

4,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image
User Image

[.Breeding.]
Breeding is available now, but please be patient while the colorists set up their breeding threads!

Breeding rules:

1) Both critters must be adult stage. there is no breeding at the adolescent stages.(Must have been an adult for at least a month, if they are not there can be complications with the pregnancies.)

2) You must have one male and one female critter in order to breed, We support femaleXfemale and maleXmale couples, but for breeding purposes right now maleXfemale is the only way to get babies.(You can however impregnate one female with both males genetics, IF you have RP'd the set of males and the female)

3) In order to attain a breeding at least one RP between the pairing is required. This will result in two Eggs at least. The more RP's you have, the higher the number of offspring, Up to 6 offspring is available from one breeding.

4) Each owner of a pet may keep one egg. All others must find new homes. You can either do this yourself as gifts to friends, a contest in guild or you can give them back to the shop and we will raffle them off.(if there is a breeding, and the owner of the pets is the same person, you may only keep one egg. No getting two just because the mom and dad are yours.)

5) Before Eggs hatch they must all be given to their respective owners and certed. So please be sure to do this as soon as possible.

6) Breeding fees are to be paid before breeding is finished.

Breeding Fees:
Winged: 6k(3k each owner)
Wingless: 6k(3k each owner)
Minor edits: 8k(4k each owner)
Major edits: 10k(5k each owner)
Cosplays: 15k (7.5k each owner)

If you are breeding a pair that falls into seperate breeding fees the half that your pet falls under is how much you pay. Winged (3k)+ Minor edits(4k)= 7k for breeding.

7) Pets are allowed to breed every three months. This means one set of pets (IE, Zulimxrandom female) can breed this month, but are not allowed to breed again until July(This includes with pets other than the one they bred with.)

8 ) Owners are allowed to enter up to three couples for breeding. It is up to the colorist as to how many breedings they will take on.

*notice*
Any and all of these rules are subject to change if need arises. More rules may come later if there is an issue.

Click the colorists link below to see they're prices and availability

Rin's Breeding Garden

Sky's Gem Nest

User Image

Headstrong Duelist

4,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image
User Image

[.Customs.]
Customs can vary from the simple designs, where you get to pick one color and the gender! The rest is up to the colorist, to complex and cosplay designs.

Sometimes there are also bribe slots that are open. Bribes are either gold or items (Items on my wishlist preferred over other items) No more than one trade's worth of items to add up to the bribe.

Cosplay customs can be varied, if you can't afford a full Cosplay custom and still wish one, some colorists may have it so that you can negotiate for hair and one item that reflects who the character is, then upgrade the Cosplay at intervals. This is still in the idea level, but they can be willing to work on it if there is interest.

For Pricing, please check on the colorists threads. The status, customs are open for which colorist, are also displayed in the header of their thread. If a colorist is closed, please do not beg for them to have an open slot, or if the slots are filled. The threads are located here:

User ImageRinial's Custom Emporium

User ImageSky's Designer Gems

User Image

Headstrong Duelist

4,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image

[.GROWTHS]

User Image

Headstrong Duelist

4,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image
User Image

[.Staff.]
SkyDragono - Owner, Manager and Full Time Colorist Colorist
Rinial Sisterdragon - Owner, Manager, and Full time Colorist.
MintaMier - Lineartist

User Image

Headstrong Duelist

4,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image
User Image

User ImageNoone Here Thank Goodness!

User Image

User Image MintaMier - For the freaken amazing line art
User ImageMarzipanz and Faux - For letting me buy the shop and get her up and running again
User Image All My Regulars - For keeping this shop afloat when life hands me lemons and I try to make some bomb a** lemonaid

User Image

Headstrong Duelist

4,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image
User Image

[.Credits.]

User ImageMintaMori- Lineart and Certs
User ImageMarzipanz- Concept and the story
User ImageDA fonts - Fonts on bananers and certs
User ImageConcept for the adult Gem in the Story Samantha ( Named Samye Owned by Faux and Samantha)

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces