Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Gawker

I am swamped with so much stuff I am doing. I got tons of comics and books to read. How does one get back into a book that they put down? Is there any advise I can get for doing so? Other than just picking one up and start reading lol...because that doesn't work either. Because if it did I'd be done with my book I've been writing for over 5 years....
Depending on how much time has passed, I most likely have to start over because otherwise I'm just flipping back and forth to clarify on things.
Sometimes, though, I just have to be in the right mood to actually successfully read something (I've kind of wanted to reread a book for a few months now, but any time I've started I've only gotten a couple pages in and lost interest again)

I also read nightly for anywhere from ten minutes to a couple hours, depending on how good the book is and how quickly I feel like I'm going to fall asleep; generally I ( "have to" ) read at least one chapter, unless it's one of those 40+ page chapters and I just can't focus

Aged Gawker

heh ya for example I got the GIrl With The Dragon Tattoo Trilogy books I started reading but then I neglected them. I also got several full volumes of comics I been neglecting as well. Very overwhelming.

Thieving Rogue

16,750 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
What I do when I'm trying to get back into reading is to commit to reading a few pages a night maybe 10 or so, before going to sleep. Either that or just switch to a new book and come back to the one you put down later.
Personally I really liked The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo books, found them really easy to get into.
Maybe you just need to focus on one book at a time. Pick the one you're most interested in.

I'm trying to not read too many things at a time, usually one novel and one non-fiction book, plus maybe one with short stories. And I read those before I start reading a new book of either kind.
When it comes to book series, I'm trying to find ones that have been finished already and then read the volumes not back to back, but not with too much time in between either.

Lavish Wench

12,450 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
You make a decision that you want to read it.

Then you do so.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces