Welcome to Gaia! ::

One of her rows raised just above the rim of her glasses as Blake lost his color, confused by the waning of his skin and the obvious embarrassment in his voice. "Right, sensitive subject."

SHe lowered her brow at the offerance of answers, stepping in a little closer to Blake. "You're damn right I do, that hoodlum of yours ddn't answer a single one of them, just demanded we pack up and leave with him."

She stepped back after that, turning to face the wall instead of the pale man, "How about an easy one. I understand I have abilities, that my voice can be valueable, and I don't mean just beause I have a nice contralto, but because of what it can do. ANd I don't know why I can do it."

A short sigh and a smirk later, Madison would turn upon her heel facing Blake once again, "So, how about it, why is my voice so special? Or rather what makes it so . . . Or if you'd like an easier one how about, the hell is the place?"
User Image
Asila Avalon
Paladin-in-Training

In her mistress' downtime, Asila was taking care of... Well, a lot of things, really. For one, making sure that her mistress actually took some downtime. She had reminded the husky to take it easy more than a few times, and that if he needed her, Blake would call her over the gemcom... And that in the meantime, they were far from being the only heroes the city had to offer. She needed to rest for once in her life. She was far from the only one taking care of this duty, however.

Aside from that, the girl had taken her own training into her own hands. She wasn't really accustomed to using a training-dummy, but with all the motion, it did seem pretty... Unpredictable. That was where she was right now - with her curved gemsteel blade in hand, she struck at the articulated, moving dummy, blocking and striking with the flat of the weapon's edge. A sword wasn't exactly a good weapon to use without putting its cutting edge into effect, but her mistress had done a good job... She was sure she could learn. And there were times a cutting edge was necessary, even if not to end a life.

She'd been shown astounding kindness, considering where she'd been before being taken under the elder Paladin's wing, and the kind of things she'd done...
"I'm sorry that I was too concerned with saving your lives to be gentle. I had flat-out told you that you were going to be killed and you were still playing games with me," Simon interrupted with a faint, gruff huff at the woman, before turning his gaze off to the side, arms crossing as he stayed there in the background to let Blake do his thing... He was the charismatic one, after all.

Fuzzy Cub

10,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
"Woah now, wait a second. First off, I'm sorry all of these changes are so sudden," he said, raising his hands in a gesture of understanding. "But I have to be honest, it's probably good Simon was as harsh and as short as he was. Better a few ruffled feathers than being found by the Blackguard. As for your first question, I honestly wouldn't know without some research into your family and yourself. Perhaps ask a few friends who might actually have information about this. I'm not really the expert when it comes to humans," He admitted unwillingly, sighing at how little help he was being so far. "As for this place, it's the Haven. I bought the building, and I'm having it turned into apartments and places to live for people like you, and people like me. People like Simon," He gestured over to the silent man, and then out a window toward the city. "For everyone, everywhere that's been oppressed by the Blackguard and those like them. Humans that can do magic, or elves, or lycanthropes, or Faeblooded." A huge endeavor, for those in the know about the supernatural world.

Trolls, bound angels, anything and everything in this world that ordinary humans tell themselves don't exist, can't exist. If they're a good person, and they're being hunted just because they have magic or were born with a tail then they are welcome here." The way he said it... He was passionate, as ever. Each word that echoed into the room from his lips was filled with fire, and it was apparent he was a driven young man. "I want a world free from the tyranny of people who can't understand those that are different. If I were to just sit around and let it happen when I know what's going on and have the power to help, I'd be just as bad as the ones doing it. Hence, the Haven. It's the first of many like it, I hope." He looked at her as if through the shades, deep violet eyes looking her over.

Blessed Inquisitor

12,125 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Aurelus' spirits had been once again lifted, as now both of his brothers had been returned to his side, but he couldn't leave with them yet, as he had unfinished business here. He entered the dojo, watching asila at work with the dummy, as he'd decided they may have had things to work through first.

"Seems this room's the most active of the place lately."

He smirked inwardly, yeah, emotionally active, as not only had alisa spilled her emotions to Blake, but they both had to her.
"SO why take Mike and them . . . They're normal . . . They didn't know anything about my voice. I didn't, couldn't tell them about it, if it ever got out that a musician had that sort of ability, it would end the industry. It wouldn't just be myself accused of using those kinds of powers to make people like my music, but every disgruntled PTA that doesn't like some hip-hop guru's sound because his lyrics include the phrase 'pop that p***y' of utilizing some sort of mind control over the children of the school that like his music."

At that Madison turns her back on Blake once more, "If they wanted me, why remove everyone?"

THe vocalist turns swiftly as if something dawned on her, "You speak as if you aren't human . . ."
"I took them because they would have killed them anyway. Working so closely with you, there was a possibility that they were aware, or that they may have had powers of their own that they weren't displaying as openly - that possibility alone would have been enough for them to take them down. Like I told you before, they don't listen to rationalizations or care about your history. They're not reasonable. Expecting them to be will only get you killed."

And he spoke from experience on this.

Fuzzy Cub

10,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
"Because the Blackguard are cruel and ruthless," He answered bluntly, before pausing and letting Simon take the stage. Then he drove on, further explaining. "They would have taken your bandmates, and tortured them to learn the truth. To be one hundred percent sure. And assuming they didn't kill all of them, which is probably what would have happened, they would have found some way to use them against you." He moved toward her as she turned away, and he made sure his voice imparted the level of seriousness this whole situation was under. "I've seen what they are capable of. Whole city blocks gunned down to get rid of humans that have been 'irreversibly tainted' by the stranger world out there. They're part of nearly every government on this planet, and are so deeply entrenched that they get away with everything." He didn't want to freak her out, but she needed to really understand why this had all been necessary. As for her last question...

"I'm not. Human, that is. I'm Laxforan. I'm not from this world." He said heavily, sighing and backing away.
"... It's a war, after all," Asila answered, turning her gaze to Aurelus a little blankly, reaching to scratch at the back of her head, fingers going along through her hair. Her gaze soon turned off to one side; She wasn't really strong enough to hold a stare like that.

"... I just want to be sure I'm in top form before we actually fight again. ... Not entirely sure it'll matter at this rate, though."

She still hadn't seen her true gift.

"... Uhm... ... Aurelus...?"
Madison looked from Blake to Simon and then back again, "You know after seeing him become a living gun, I thinkmy best answer is okay . . ."

She doesn't sya anything further than that a fingers tapping her lip as she contemplates.

((*Presses the pause button.*))

Blessed Inquisitor

12,125 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
There she went again, if it came to it he was going to noogie her self confidence issues out of her, but he didntvfor now.

"Something on your mind?"
"... Wh-why did you encourage me...? I... I mean... We're kind of both set on the same thing, right...? I..." ... She wrung her grip on her sword, still unable to bring herself to meet his gaze. Her feet were turned inward, her amber gaze turned down at them.

"... I-i don't understand."

Eloquent Player

10,675 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conversationalist 100
((So one thing lead to another and I might not be able to stay at this house for long.

But what'd I miss in the last 12 pages? ))
Hat-tori
((So one thing lead to another and I might not be able to stay at this house for long.

But what'd I miss in the last 12 pages? ))
[ Seriously? D: What happun? ]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces