Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hallowed Prophet

User Image

Welcome to Transcendence. This is a supernatural RP. I made this once before a few years ago, and I decided to take another shot at it.

In the world of Transcendence humans are oblivious to the supernatural world, so much so, that they cannot see the supernatural even when it's right in front of them. There are exceptions, but the vast majority are blissfully unaware.

Most Supernaturals live their lives in their own world, and choose to keep themselves from the humans. The Council of Elders has since since placed strict laws regarding interactions between the Supernaturals and the Oblivious. Extended interactions and attempts at enlightenment are strictly forbidden. Steep penalties will come to those who disobey, though this does not stop those determined to interact with the human world.

There are many possible ways to participate in the RP, but the three recommended started points are these:

Scenario 1: You wake up, heaven knows how long you were out. As the images of the world come back to you, you realize you are at a funeral. It is your own funeral, whether your character realizes this is up to you. Your character will somehow learn it is now a part of the supernatural world of Transcendence.

Scenario 2: You are already a member of Transcendence. You know the ropes of the world and will either aid or hinder the other characters.

Scenario 3: You are a human who has just lost someone close to them (Friend, Family member, significant other), you do not believe they are dead. You open your mind to the possibility of the supernatural. Your goal is to reunite, somehow, with your missing loved one.

These are three options, but there are many more possibilities. If you have a unique idea feel free to PM me.

User Image

Hallowed Prophet

User Image

There are a few rules that MUST be followed:

1. Obey ALL of Gaia's TOS!
2. Romance is allowed, but keep it PG-13 ((this goes hand in hand with rule 1))
3. No god modding, power plays, etc... Additionally, you can't kill people, unless that character and I both agree.
4. Try to keep it one character per person at first. As the story develops some people may want to play multiple characters. Send me a PM to make sure it's ok first. If you are killing off one of your own characters rule 3 does not apply. Please don't play more than one character if you think you will have a hard time keeping up.
5. I have the right to add rules if I need to ((mostly this is in here because I feel like I forgot something)).
6. Have fun.

Now this is not particularly a rule just sort of an FYI, I don't need a profile submission, but you need to have some restraint when making a character. You aren't millions of years old, you aren't the first vampire, werewolf, anything. There are only two halves in a whole, so you can't be half demon, half vampire, half werewolf. Don't let the parts get out of hand, a half and half character is ok but it's a bit ridiculous being part demon, part vampire, part angel, part werewolf; that's a lot of parts of things that usually never breed. Also keep your powers to a level where you can't be accused of god modding. I don't want ooc drama.

On the subject of OOC, keep it to a minimum and in brackets {{}}[[]](()) or simply "ooc:" ((no quotes)) is acceptable.

Also, please keep it in 3rd person. No 1st person please. I don't want to see any I's except in dialogue.

User Image

Hallowed Prophet

User Image

Characters:

Played by Krystalinn:
Krystalin Text in this color.

Matteus Text in this color.
Henri Text in this color.
Sarah Text in this color.
Inconsequential side characters will be This color.

After the battle with Apollyon things seemed to turn to normal. Sarah is now full grown, but naive, and when Henri slipped into his darker self, and Ojener into insanity, all hell broke loose. Ojener took Sarah, and tried to force a bond with her. It failed and left Sarah in pain and weak. Though she was strong enough to take the Dark Seraph's broadsword to the chest. Henri regained control at a high cost, causing Ojener to slip into complete insanity. After a short period of healing, Matteus and Henri go to save Krystalin and Celeste. The girls are in such a state that there is only one way they all could be saved. Now with Krystalin dead, how will the family cope?

Played by Kytonna

CelesteText in this color.

Ojener
Text in this color.

Kara Text in this color

Kara and Celeste go out in search of their mother, who was presumed dead. They save their mother from a mental hospital and Kara sets her up in her apartment, while Celeste returns to the Black Manor. After recently giving birth Celeste answered to call to go to Krystalin, who was being held captive by Ojener. When he spilt their souls, she wasn't sure she could hold on much longer. She only survived because of Krystalin's self sacrifice. Now she is left to pick up the pieces and care for her new child.
Played by therosessoul

Xenis: Human Form, Demon Form, Ascended Form

A long time ago Xenis attempted to overthrow the Council of Elders. After a long struggle,he was defeated and bound by a collar which limits his power by trapping him in human form.This was the only way they could contain him;fearing if imprisoned he would escape and continue to wreak havoc.Being bound by the collar doesn't weaken his lust for power. He still searches for a way to break free and exact his revenge on the council.

User Image

Hallowed Prophet

User Image

Settings

Crazy Fangs- This Nightclub is owned by Matteus Black. It is a hotspot for Supernaturals and Oblivious alike. It sits on the border of The Light Realm and the Shadow Realm. The doorway to the Shadow Realm Level is blocked by enchantments that keep the Oblivious from accidentally wandering into that section. Most Oblivious don't even notice there is a door. Main Floor, Shadow Realm Level

Matteus's Mansion- Floor 1, Floor 2&3

((note about the mansion, there are 3 main floors, an attic and a basement. I am not making plans for the basement yet, and the attic isn't important. If someone wants me to make a plan for the attic let me know and I will.))

Light Realm or Realm of the Oblivious- This is the Realm of Trancendence where Oblivious Humans live. This is where "the real world" exists. Supernaturals that are human in appearance tend to live here and co-exist with the Oblivious.

Shadow Realm- This is the Realm of Trancendence that houses only Supernaturals. Those that cannot pass as human or want little to no contact with humans live here.

The realms exist concurrently. They share the same flow of time and are connected by various portals and pathways. The entrances to the Shadow Realm are not visible or accessible to the Oblivious. These gateways can take you anywhere in the Shadow Realm, and are activated by a word or phrase.

User Image

Hallowed Prophet

The evening was damp and cold. The sun hid behind dark rain clouds, though it would be setting soon enough anyway. A group of mourners huddled against each other, a feeble attempt to shield the bitter wind.

Krystalin's eyes fluttered open in time to see the procession of people leave the grave site. It was difficult for her to make things out at first, her vision went from blurry to sharp too quickly. Her eyes acted as if they were new. Ordinary things seemed strange and foreign. Soon though, she realized that outside the tinted glass were her parents.

A black veil draped across her mother's face, but it did nothing to hide her tears from Krystalin's strangely powerful eyes. Why did she look so sad though? Who died?

Her eyes traveled across the faces of her family members, and loved ones. It seemed like everyone she had ever know was there. Krystalin glanced at the fresh grave. The distance didn't seem to matter, she could make out her name perfectly on the grave stone.

"Dead?" she asked aloud, not even sure anyone was around to hear her.

She felt a hand press against her chest holding her back as she tried to leave the car. She didn't dare look at the hand, she was positive it would only confirm her death.

Krystalin pressed a hand against the glass. It should have been cold, but it oddly felt almost lukewarm. Frightened she pulled her hand away.

Suddenly the world began to move, Krystalin realized she was in a car. Had she thought about it sooner it would have been obvious, but her exact location seemed to be a bit low on the "What the hell?" list.

Hallowed Prophet

"To the nightclub please, Henri," the man beside Krystalin said.

The man was devastatingly handsome. His lustrous black hair was neatly pulled back in a pony tail. He was dressed in Victorian garb, which made him look like a perfect gentleman, not to mention that it made him even more attractive.

Krystalin, felt like blushing, but the familiar heat that flooded to her face wasn't there.

"To answer your earlier question, yes and no. You are undead, more specifically, a vampire. You don't have to believe me. You'll soon realize your true nature."

"What? How? I mean... what happened. I... I don't remember any of this. I went to bed last night and woke up here."

"You have been sleeping for nearly two weeks. You awoke a few times in a screaming fit during the turning, though I doubt you will remember that. You've been quite adept at feeding, even in your unconscious state. So we will see how you do now that you are aware."

"I don't even know what you are talking about. Vampires? They are just from scary stories. Plus I think I'd know if I've been sleeping for two weeks. I just can't figure out why my family thinks I'm dead."

"To them you are. Again, you don't have to believe me now, you will soon enough."

Krystalin shook her head in disbelief. Though she was feeling an ache in her throat. She swallowed hard, but it did nothing to suppress the flames that seemed to be growing stronger and stronger in her throat.

"Is there water? My throat, it feels like it's on fire. I need something to drink."

"Water will do nothing for you. Only one thing will satiate your thirst."

"And what is that?"

"Do you even need to ask?"

Not only did Krystalin not need to ask, she didn't want to. She had a sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach, as they pulled up to a club called Crazy Fangs.

"Stay in here Krystalin. I'm leaving you alone with Henri, don't do anything to him while I'm gone. You may regret it if you have him for dinner," he said with a snicker.

Krystalin closed her eyes trying to soothe the fire burning inside her. The more she thought about it, the worse it got.

"Henri is it? Is this guy for real?"

She saw the driver nod in the rear view mirror.

"Ugh, I can't concentrate. My head feels funny."

Hallowed Prophet

Matteus bowed slightly to the bouncer.
"Mick, have you seen any completely and utterly oblivious ones here tonight?" he whispered to the bouncer.

Mick nodded and pointed to a rowdy bunch of guys sitting at a table in the back of the club.

Krystalin rested her face against the tinted window. The ache in her throat was still there, but there was an overwhelming sense of vertigo that overcame her.

"Henri, can you crack the window a bit? I think I need some air."

"Ah don tink it'd help, Chere."

"Please, Henri, I don't feel well."

"Whate'er you say, Chere."

Krystalin took in a few deep breaths, though it held no relief. In fact it seemed to make things worse, if that was even possible. The world seemed to spin wildly around her.

She opened the limo door, and staggered to the club.

"Can't let you in missy," the bouncer said.

"I... I'm looking for..." she came to the realization that she had no idea what the man's name was, "I need help."

"You need time is all. You can go on inside once you sober up a bit."

"I... I... I need," Krystalin didn't get to finish her sentence. She collapsed into a heap on the ground.

"Monsieur, she come wit Monsieur Black. Ah tink you should call fer him," Henri said, rushing to Krystalin's side.

Hallowed Prophet

"It looks like Mick is trying to get my attention," Matteus said glancing at the door, "I should probably go to him. He never bothers me unless it's important.You have a good time and tell the bartender that Matteus is picking up your tab."

Matteus, sighed and walked hurriedly to the door. He was going to convince one of the men at the table to come out with him to feed Krystalin, but by the look on Mick's face he was urgently needed at the door. Almost instantly he saw Krystalin collapsed on the sidewalk.

"What happened here?" he said trying to keep his composure.

"Well, I think the little lady might've had a bit too much fun."

"Oh come on Mick, you know better than that," Matteus growled.

"Monsieur Black, Ah tink deres sumtin wrong wit her. Chere say she not feelin well in da car. Ah din wan her ta leave, but der ain't much ah can do ta stop her is der now?"

"Thank you Henri," Matteus said as he scooped Krystalin off the ground. Walking briskly so as not to gain any unwanted attention, he stepped into the club again, finding a large booth in the back of the club.

Matteus set Krystalin on the table.

"Luck is not with you is it?" he mumbled to her.

Invisible Prophet

20,075 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Champion 300
Celeste expected to open her eyes and find herself in the comfort of her own home. She expected to find herself wrapped in blankets. She would see the telltale I.V. sticking out of her arm. A rhythmic beeping would hit her ears, even though she always insisted on turning the equipment off.

What she was met with was the complete opposite.

She was outside. It was a dreary day, fog hung low to the ground. Upon closer inspection, Celeste found she was in a cemetery. Four figures blurred in the fog. Celeste immediately began rationalizing the situation. 'This is a premonition, nothing more.'

Celeste spent many years of her life in meditation. It wasn't unusual for her to catch glimpses of the future. She even became so adept in her meditations that she could project her astral form and interact with the world in between. Not that she ever got overly involved, she was happy enough to observe. It was this very ability she treasured, for it allowed her an escape from her illness. But the price was high. Her family stopped associating with her, except for four people.

'This is only the future,' she repeated to herself. It was true. She was terminally ill, Celeste figured it would only be a matter of time. The doctors had no clue as to what was slowly killing her. Sick of all the tests and wasted time, Celeste demanded she be allowed to return home and live out whatever time may be left to her.

Celeste observed the scene unfolding in front of her. An elderly couple, a middle-aged woman, and a young boy huddled around an open grave. These were the only people Celeste could still call family. Her grandparents, sister and nephew were in plain view, even amidst the foggy air. Celeste ventured a passing glance at the tombstone, and sure enough, her name was engraved upon it. The casket was open, and, coming closer, Celeste found her own body staring back at her. It was as she expected, a vision of her nearing demise.

She tried once more returning to her body, only to be greeted with the same images. Her family stood right where she left them, and her open coffin was there as well. Again she tried, and again she found herself looking at her corpse.

Her mind came to a screeching halt. Why couldn't she go back? Why was she consistently greeted by her dead reflection? Did she actually pass away while she was projecting herself? If that were true, why didn't she simply cease to exist? Had she spent so much time in the Supernatural world that she was now a part of it?

"No," she stated firmly. "There's just no way that is possible."

ooc: Celeste's reference

Hallowed Prophet

Krystalin felt odd, she could hear people talking around her, but could not make out the words. There was a pulsing sound and a melodic clamor she didn't quite understand. Suddenly there was a sharp pain in her stomach.

Her muscles retched and a strangely sweet liquid filled her mouth, but her thoughts were far too hazy to realize what the liquid was. She opened her mouth and spewed the liquid all over the table.

She sputtered a scream then sat up abruptly, her eyes shot open as more blood shot from her mouth.

"Krystalin," Matteus said surprised, "Krystalin, are you hurt? What is wrong? You didn't feed from Henri did you?"

Krystalin tried to speak, but her words only came out in gurgles. She nodded her head no. No she hadn't fed from Henri. She hadn't fed from anyone. The blood in her mouth made her aware of the burning thirst in her throat. She swallowed the blood in her mouth, but it was only replaced by more blood. She swallowed again. The blood did nothing for the burning she felt through her body. She had to control herself, to stop the retching that kept bringing up blood.

Her emerald eyes now had a twinge of red.

"Krystalin, you need to calm down," Matteus said in a soothing voice.

Krystalin tried to relax. She closed her eyes and swallowed once more. This time blood did not fill her mouth. She tried to control the hunger that was beginning to consume her. Her breaths, though worthless, were quick and labored.

"I need blood," she growled. There was more than a hint of preternatural timbre in her voice. She gasped, appalled at the sound of her own voice. She was even more shocked at the audacity of her statement, she didn't even know what she needed. No... she did know, she just didn't want to believe it.

"Relax Krystalin, we can't have you causing a scene. I have an image to uphold, so you need to pull yourself together. I am working on finding a meal for you. I had a suitable victim picked out for you, but that fell through. Now do you think you can walk? Or do I need to carry you? We need to get outside, the air won't be filled with human scent."

"I... I think I'm ok," Krystalin said, the timbre still thick in her voice.

She tried to stand, but her legs felt like rubber, she fell back against the table.

"Ok that's enough," he said picking Krystalin up before she could fall to the floor.

Invisible Prophet

20,075 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Champion 300
Celeste had always been the type to hunt down answers when she didn't readily have one on her own. There was no way she was truly dead, she was certain of it. She should have stopped existing once she passed on. As far as she was aware people didn't just become a part of the Supernatural world once they died, even if they were frequent visitors like herself.

'Maybe I am a ghost,' she mused. She shook her head. That wasn't likely. Ghosts tend to stop being ghosts once they realize they are dead and are at peace with how it happened. In her case, she expected it to come sooner or later, so that didn't seem so plausible. But if she couldn't return to her body...

She twirled her dark blonde hair in her fingers, a habit she picked up whenever she was deep in thought. The whole situation was bizarre, to say the least.

Perhaps she would find answers if she went home. She turned and walked out of the cemetery. Something stuck out in her peripheral vision. Harmony Grove Mausoleum. Celeste suddenly felt a heavy weight in the pit of her stomach. This was not where she wanted to end up. It was the local graveyard to where she lived. This couldn't be happening. Was her family so ashamed of her they dumped her body in a place that held no significant value to her?

She couldn't be dead. Maybe, just maybe...

She began concentrating on her home. It was a quiet place in the middle of nowhere. She imagined her sister, Kara, sitting by her bedside. The warmth of the fireplace.

The rushing push and pull of astral projection met her senses and as she opened her pale blue eyes she found herself back at home. There was no warmth, no Kara, no anything for that matter, she noticed. As she roamed the rooms, most of them were bare.

"What...?" she whispered. This was a bad dream, it just had to be. "I--I can't be dead..."

Hallowed Prophet

Outside there was a bench. It was generally used to help those who drank a bit too much, sit and sober up. Matteus shooed everyone off the bench and set Krystalin down. He sighed, looking at Krystalin. If only he knew what was wrong.

"Stay here, Krystalin. Henri," he yelled to his driver, who was sitting in the limo nearby, "I need you to keep an eye on her. DO NOT, get too close to her. You are far too tempting to her, but you are the only one around here that I know won't intentionally harm her. I need to go find her another meal, since the one I initially picked out has already left."

"Henri," Krystalin said weakly, "why doesn't he want you near me?"

"Mah blood, Chere. Ain't good fer ya, but ya better believe it dun smell sweeter den Granny's peach cobbler. So it best ah dun keep mah distance, Chere. Won't let nuttin' hurt ya though, Monsieur would prolly flay me alive if anyting happen to ya."

Matteus strolled to the line of Oblivious waiting to get inside. These people were all weak, and not particularly up there on the social ladder. They wanted acceptance, a stiff drink, and a good time; a night that would make them forget, for at least one brief moment, all of their inadequacies. These were, for the most part, good people. The sweet smell of sin was not heavy on their scents.

He traveled down the line a bit. Further down, there were two girls, probably about eighteen years old, behind them was a man they were obviously trying to ignore.

"Come on," the man said, "it'll help you have a little more fun."

"No thank you," one of the girls said, not even turning around.

"Excuse me sir," Matteus said to the man, "I do not think these young ladies are interested in your goods. Now follow me if you will."

He looked deeply into the man's eyes, and without hesitation the man followed.

Hallowed Prophet

Matteus returned, drug dealer in tow.

"This lady here," he said motioning toward Krystalin, "has been craving your goods all day."

It wasn't a lie, not really. The dealer thought drugs, but Matteus meant blood. No need to let him in on that tidbit of information.

"Go ahead and have a seat next to her."

The man sat down, looking at Krystalin with glassy eyes.

At first Krystalin didn't know what to do. She took a deep breath in. The scent of this man was so much sweeter than the smell of the other beings around her. Though she was sure that Henri wasn't lying about his own blood. She would trust him on that, and hope she was never in a position where she might accidentally feed off him.

She leaned into the man, and took in his scent again. The aroma was delightful, though she wasn't sure what made it so intoxicating.

Krystalin ran her tongue across the man's neck. The throbbing vein against her tongue sent chills down her spine. Without even thinking her canines elongated. The soft flesh of his neck gave way like the flesh of a ripe peach.

His blood was hot in her mouth. Her nerves tingled in delight. She drank deeply allowing the euphoric sensations to wash through her body. This was better than anything she had ever felt. Krystalin let out a little moan against the man's neck.

His heart had long since stopped, but she clung to the feeling of ecstasy, licking the wound at his neck as he slumped over in the bench. As she licked the wound it healed. This fascinated her.

Krystalin had a very pleased look on her face, though she quickly realized her surroundings. The fresh blood caused a slight blush to come to her cheeks. She couldn't believe what she had done.

"Um...what... what did I do here? I, ugh, I am so embarrassed," she hid her face in her hands.

"Don't be ashamed, Dear, this is just our nature. Next time this won't be so public I swear. It was imperative that you feed right away, otherwise it would have been different," he smiled at Krystalin. His smile was warm and inviting, though there was danger behind the smile, "I am Matteus, I am your maker. I told you this once before, but you were in no state to remember it then."

He reached out and kissed her on the hand, bowing slightly.

Invisible Prophet

20,075 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Champion 300
Did they really think he could be contained forever? He had to hand it to them, they held him longer than he thought they could. He was Ancient after all. He was tired of their little game, and decided it was time he played his own. The puny fools they had guard him were a joke. They were so easy to drain completely, and that was showing them mercy. The ones he took his time to kill...

Ojener reveled in the screams of anguish. The sound of bones shattering mixed with them, to create a symphony meant only for him. Satisfied with his handiwork he made to leave, when his red-hazed eyes caught movement off to his side. An evil smirk came to his lips as he saw one of the guards trying to escape his destructive path. The man was bleeding from where he had ripped his arm off. Why didn't he kill him? Ah yes, one of the others were idiotic and attacked him.

"Off to tell the Council of Elders of your failure?" His spoke to the other in a mocking tone. "I wouldn't be surprised if they killed you as punishment." His smirk had by now turned into a malicious grin. "Save them the trouble and let me."

The guard could only gawk at the man in front of him. His hair was pitch, falling erratically about his shoulders. His eyes were even more unsettling. His pupils were mere slits in a yellow core that shifted to a blood red. Even the corners of his eyes were shaded a deep red. They were the kind of crazed eyes that instilled fear.

"You know, I think I'll let you live." He leaned down to the man. "I want them to know I've escaped. I want them to know the acts I've committed here tonight."

The man blinked at Ojener. He was letting him go? He backed away and made to get on his feet so he could run away. The instant he turned his back Ojener spoke again. "On second though, maybe they should stay in the dark a little longer. I do apologize for getting your hopes up."

A scream pierced though the air.

A cruel smile came to Ojener's lips as he replayed his escape in his mind. How he missed causing pain and suffering, in fact the last time he did that was with his fledgling. He paused in his musings and his mood quickly turned sour. In fact, the way he treated his fledgling was what got him in imprisoned in the first place.

He had had it all! Power, strength, a fledgling to call his own, a seat on the Council... and it all went away! The Council found about his so called misdeeds, calling him unbalanced and psychotic, not at all fit to keep his position with them. So they contained him in such an unbefitting manner. Really, if he was so dangerous why not just destroy him? Maybe they couldn't, but if that were so, they should have placed better guards.

Ojener wandered in the Shadow Realm, at first just enjoying the feeling of freedom. But his thirst for causing pain began to turn him into a specific direction. He wanted to find his fledgling, he was so fun to play with, maybe he would still be.

Hallowed Prophet

Matteus looked at Krystalin, his radiant beauty. Undeath was particularly kind to her. Her milky white skin seemed to glisten in the moonlight. Her raven black hair cascaded down her shoulders with an almost unnatural bounce, and her eyes were like perfect emeralds shining in the dim light.

She was even more beautiful than the first time he laid eyes on her. Fluffy white pillows surrounded her as crimson pooled around her. She had been stabbed, and the beauty in front of him never even had the chance to wake up. Her life was fading fast, but he decided to make the leap. He was breaking the rules, but it didn't matter. Damn the Council, if they wanted him they could come and get him. Making her was a crime; but letting beauty like her's fade away would be unforgivable.

Now if only he knew what it was that drew him to her. Beauty is one thing, but this feeling it was more than that. There was something more to her.

"You look lost," Krystalin said to Matteus.

"Lost? No. Just thinking. It's been a rather eventful evening. Are you feeling ok?"

"You already asked me that, Matteus. Is something wrong?"

"No, nothing. I just let my mind wander a bit."

"Well don't let it wander too far away. I have some questions for you."

"I suppose I do owe you some answers."

"So this place, this Transcendence, what is it? Also, if I'm not actually dead why did my family have a funeral for me? Why don't they know what happened to me?"

"Transcendence isn't really a place. It's more like a realm. This part of Transcendence happens to overlap with the human world, but there are many layers to Transcendence. It's very complicated, and even in the 168 years I've been around to experience it, I still don't understand everything.

As for your Family, as far as they are concerned you are dead. They needed to mourn your 'death', though you and I both know you are still alive; in a sense. They can't know about you, they are what we call 'oblivious'. They are not open to the world of the supernatural, and therefore they cannot know of it's existence. I shouldn't have even brought you over, but circumstances beyond my control led us on the path we are on now."

Krystalin stared at Matteus, not quite sure what to say. Deep down she still didn't want to believe this was all true. She wanted to be in her apartment. What about her family, her life? Was she just supposed to give everything up?

Her anger and frustration filled the air. She saw Matteus frown. He placed a hand on her shoulder, but she jerked away from him.

She saw the hurt fill his eyes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces