Welcome to Gaia! ::

[ ! ] The Pressure Dome [ ! ]

User Image

Overview ::
This chamber is made completely of strange technology. Technology that uses magic as its energy source. Within it, All powers of all forms are reduced to half strength while the physical is left unhindered. The other element is the Air pressure seems high. All the voices are squeaky and high pitched. Its extremely easy to breath making a person feel high

Epochs of this arena:
Magical powers are reduced by 50%.
Breathing is Easier.
Getting high is a possibility just for being inside the arena.

Arena Specifications

Temperature :: 20°C (68°F); Wind speed :: N/A

Footing :: Sturdy

Light-level :: Well-lit

Amplifications :: Air pressure

Handicaps :: Magic reduced by 50%

Special ::

The Grand Arena
        OP: GalaxyCommander
        Genre: Tournament (semi-lit to lit)
        Description: The Grand Arena Bring your characters and fight for the win. All the restrictions are on page one working on getting competitors to fight and get some tournaments going.
        Notes: The tournament is technically full but we are looking for for more competitors with ready made profiles seeing as some people are looking to get eliminated for never submitting a profile.
User Image
Laphiette
User Of Ice

Thoughts:

Laphiette felt herself materialize inside of the room similar to the others. But her whole body was magically endowed and she felt the pressure immediately. This was bad and she knew that she had just been given a huge disadvantage. She began testing herself out by pushing out frost from her body and it was about twice as hard as usual to get the normal amount. So either her magic was down to half or it just made using it harder. However she felt a little drain on her which never happened so it told her she was at half. She instantly brought the frost to her so it thickened around her body for a one inch frosty fog almost. She would have to see what her opponent was going to do. This whole battle had just gotten serious and it hadn't even started. There was strangely no announcer person for this arena like there where at the others. Maybe it as because they all seemed to have some sort of magical presence to them. Or at least from those she had seen.

User Image

User Image
My heart is cold.
My life is frozen in the past.
My purpose, to become Ice.

Eloquent Explorer

Across the expanse of this technological wonderland a sudden piercing flash of light would manifest. Having made it this far in the competition she should without a doubt be aware of what this phenomenon meant. Her opponent was here. Once again she would be face to face with another being who lived and breathed this violent lifestyle that could reap the greatest of rewards or be the cause for even greater sorrow. Yet again she'd have to test her mettle against a warrior who's sight were set on nothing but the grand prize, the small fortune that would come from conquering this tournament. The delight that resonated through your every fiber, down to the atom of every cell. It was a sensation that came with facing an equal opponent on the grandest of stages The demon wanted that, and he wouldn't let this women stop him from reaching that chateau. Nothing would.

Even so, as much as the demon desired a true test of skill, it seemed he wanted a nice chicken leg even more at the moment. His lengthened incisors tore the fried flesh of what was once likely a happy clucking chicken to pieces. The dark skinned male was enthralled by the meal, bits of juicy poultry escaping between his teeth as he loudly chomped away. Not even the slightest hint of proper table etiquette evident. In fact he seemed so taken by the fried delicacy, he hadn't taken notice of the change of scenery. To be honest, the women shrouded in arctic mist had yet to be accounted for. It wasn't until the demon felt the strain on his spiritual energy that he would snap his attention away from what was now nothing but bare bone. The hand that contained the snack swung downwards and to the side, releasing the bones it pierced the ground just before him. It was then that his crimson gaze would fixate on the female across from him, that toothy smile of his spread from ear to ear. He hadn't spoken much to his past foes. The previous one hadn't been allowed to hear a single word uttered from the demon. The one before that had only heard the demons enthusiastic call for combat. He wasn't quite sure what it was, but something spurred the demon to be a bit more formal in his introduction this time around

"So you're to be my opponent for this round, huh?" He almost sounded unimpressed. "The names Tankie Sakoya, promise me you'll make this a good one."

He spoke in that rough and rumbling voice of his. He'd taken a few seconds to get accustomed to the atmosphere, his previous concern becoming more apparent. His spiritual prowess was being hampered, was it this environment or was it this girl? He was studying her face, and she seemed a bit worried. Was it his appearing that had caused such a reaction? The demon would surely find amusement in that. It was entirely more likely however, her worries were caused by the same nuisance affecting him. The demon didn't know what it was about this place, but there was something robbing them of their powers. Physically though, he could feel it, he was still in tip-top shape. During that brief period he had done more than study her facial expressions, and those wrinkles of concern. She seemed petite garbed in rather unusual clothing for that of a warrior. A skirt and a blouse of sorts. Physically imposing, she did not look. Appearances could be misleading of course, but the demon doubted the woman could stand toe-to-toe with him should he decide to turn this into a battle of clashing limbs. And with their magical vitality being zapped right out of them, that would surely be his best advantage. His mouth would open to speak again, hopefully before she would have time to respond to his previous statement

"Don't even bother telling me your name, if you're still standing by the end of this, I'll get it then." For the fourth time, in nearly a year, the nodachi blade at his back was pulled from its scabbard. That overly ornate hilt gripped securely in his right hand, allowing the length of the blade to rest upon his shoulders. His left arm would extend forward, the corresponding hand making a motion that beckoned the female come to forward. He wanted the first move to be hers. "Now come at me, let's see what you got!" He spoke with the commanding tone of an earthen army drill sergeant. And so it seemed the demon wouldn't be making the first move as he had in his previous bouts. Though completely up to the task should his foe find herself incapable of completing the order.
User Image
Laphiette
User Of Ice

With:Tankie
Thoughts:This looks bad

Laphiette watched this demonic person appear. She wasn't worried about him too much but he appeared to have a lot of physical advantages. However she had a few surprises of her own when it came to physical strength. She could borrow the strength of the ice although in this case it would be weaker than usual due to this place. But he was a demon. He also seemed rather pompous which now settled her down with an end. She would kill him even if it cost her a lot of pain. Since her magic was weakened so much she would have to refrain from using so many flashy attacks and stick to strictly deadly cheap effective ones. cheap as in they didn't need a lot of mana. She let the frost come out to make her scimitar and cutlass. These where her weapons. They also made a frost but that would be halved. She only did as the demon said because it worked well for her plan at the moment.

User Image

A person who uses ice magic is not often seen making the first attack in an offensive form. However Laphiette often challenged this norm. In this case she was being bidden to him. She kept her eyes and ears pealed for the chance of a surprise attack.However her attack would be a little different then what one would expect. She started by running at the man-demon creature. A Nodachi is a two handed long blade katana. It's use was typically of that of brute force offense made in precise clean movements. If he was intending to use this weapon alone to defeat her she would make this incredibly fast and just kill the pompous man before he realized he was against something truly fearsome. When she was roughly eight meters away from him too far for him to just attack and hit her she jumped and spun around as she did so. When she landed she kept spinning only getting faster and faster and she lost no speed in coming toward him. Her feet which where essentially right next to each other left a trail of ice. Her eyes had a visor of ice go around her head which reflected him from all angles around her so to her she could see him without the spinning effect. The ice came from her boots was only a small line and it didn't spread like it should have but this was probably the effect of the place. It did however serve the purpose of making her move like she was wearing ice skates.

User Image
My heart is cold.
My life is frozen in the past.
My purpose, to become Ice.

Eloquent Explorer

(( Sooo, as much as Tankies been bitching about wanting a good fight. It looks like I'm gonna have o drop out, haha. Starting honor guard tomorrow doing that for three months and that's gonna take up all my time, with traveling across the state and training and all so. I wish you luck in the next round Kaori!. ))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff