Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

Long ago, on the frozen plains of the far south, miles from Iria, there existed a small race of beings. These beings survived due to their innate ability to generate external heat. They could share this warmth with their fellows, promoting them to stayed hidden in tribes, deep within complex cave formations. The plains were dominated by huge frost giants and other extremely hostile creatures who were prone to making a meal out of them. Longing for expansion, they decided to try their fates elsewhere. Since they were surrounded by water, ingenuity allowed them to come up with a solution. With careful precision, they used what precious few logs they had to build boats that would take them away from their frigid hell. They traveled for days and days, running low on all supplies. All hope was starting to fade, when Iria was sighted on the horizon.

Rowing hard, they finally made it to dry land, relief flooding their wearied bodies. When searching the area, they saw these small shelled creatures floating near their craft. Awed by the sight of new life, they decided to name the creatures "Nautilus" after one of their words for sailor. After a few more trips between Iria and the South, they managed to get the whole tribe to the continent to begin anew. That is how the Valkyrur came to Iria in popular legend. They found themselves in a vast land filled with creatures and terrains they couldn't have imagined in their wildest dreams. Unfortunately for them, not all the natives were friendly. There was an aggressive race known as the Wayfarers who very nearly stamped the Valkyrur out of existence before they could even gain a foothold. Through their resourcefulness and desperation, they managed to stave off the onslaught, and later drive them from Iria. Soon, cities were established and their numbers began to sky-rocket as they developed their own form of technology. This is where we find ourselves in the present, at the peak of Valkyrur expansion.

╔══════════════╗

This is the ship of pearl, which, poets feign,
Sails the unshadowed main,
The venturous bark that flings
On the sweet summer wind its purpled wings
In gulfs enchanted, where the Siren sings,
And coral reefs lie bare,
Where the cold sea-maids rise to sun their streaming hair.

╚══════════════╝

This RP is on hold now until mid December, day to be determined in the future.
The Valkyrur

╔══════════════╗

Its webs of living gauze no more unfurl;
Wrecked is the ship of pearl!
And every chambered cell,
Where its dim dreaming life was wont to dwell,
As the frail tenant shaped his growing shell,
Before thee lies revealed,–
Its irised ceiling rent, its sunless crypt unsealed!

╚══════════════╝

User Image

Creatures of great strength, agility and control of the mystical blue flame that burns hotter than any other type of fire known to man. Standing taller than any human, their feats of power, ingenuity, and technological advance are the substance of legends. The source of their downfall was the Valkyrur Civil War, a cataclysm that wreaked havoc upon the very landscape and brought the Valkyrur to their knees. How, and why did this tragedy occur? To answer that question, we must delve deep into the past, into the days of the conflict that changed the world forever. Into those formative times, of long-echoing decisions made by many a player in this story for the ages. It's up to you to weave the web of fate that ensnared the Valkyrur race in its sinister strands. Who will you be as the crisis unfolds in the true Age of The Valkyrur?

╔══════════════╗

Year after year beheld the silent toil
That spread his lustrous coil;
Still, as the spiral grew,
He left the past year’s dwelling for the new,
Stole with soft step its shining archway through,
Built up its idle door,
Stretched in his last-found home, and knew the old no more.

╚══════════════╝
Rules:
1. These rules are basically the same as in my past roleplay, (copy and paste is a wonderful tool) so you can basically skip over these if you were in the last one, but I always appreciate people reading and following my rules, especially rule 7. ^^

2. Violence is whole-heartedly encouraged, you can be descriptive, of course, but keep it under control, keep it at about the PG-13 level, in accordance with the Barton Town Guidelines.

3. Please take note: This is a long-term roleplay. I don’t want people ditching right when events are picking up. I’ve seen too many good RP’s end just as it’s getting good. If you have a commitment, and can’t be on for some time, please PM me or quote me in a post on the OOC. I swear I won’t bite. In fact, you'll find that I'm rather friendly and often in said OOC thread, which I hope to see you taking part in as well!

4. I really would appreciate it if you made it a goal to write at least a paragraph per post, more is fantastic and wholeheartedly encouraged. Only write in third person as well, no first person writing here. I love writing, and I believe you must too, why else would you be here? Also, I absolutely don’t want bad grammar, please just use spell-check, no quick two-line zingers either, unless writer’s block strikes (and I know it does) or you don't have much to go off of.

5. Originality and creativity are much appreciated. If there’s an arc or a subplot you want to work on, feel free to send me a PM. I love it when other people have cool ideas. So if you have an idea you really like, please, toss it this way! It wouldn’t be a (quality) RP without the input of others! I'd be glad to help you work out the details of something you had in mind, and incorporate it into the overall story.
5a.That being said, I can't please everyone, so if there's a conflict of interest or I feel things are getting out of hand, I will step in and set things the way I feel they should go. No hard feelings, though, I do my best to keep a happy environment for you all!

6. I’m sure you already know this, but no one’s characters are flawless, I don’t want Mr. or Mrs. Perfect to steal the show from everyone. Yes, your character can be a badass. No, he/she is not invincible. Don’t go crazy with super-powerful abilities, powers, or whatever.

7. PM me your profile with the title: "I wield the blue flame" if you're a Valkyrur, and "A time of crisis" if you're anybody else.

8. Since this is a prequel to a previous RP, I will be giving priority to the people from the first, so they can be either a new character or their character's ancestor in a role of their choosing. I will be willing to reserve roles that haven't already been taken to anyone on a first-come, first-served basis, however. Here is the original, for all interested.

9. I am well aware I've only listed a relatively small amount of areas, and that you're welcome to make up another town or area, just consult me first or give skimpy details like "a small town". Because if it has a name, I gotta have a description for it.
╔══════════════╗

Thanks for the heavenly message brought by thee,
Child of the wandering sea,
Cast from her lap, forlorn!
From thy dead lips a clearer note is born
Than ever Triton blew from wreathed horn;
While on mine ear it rings,
Through the deep caves of thought I hear a voice that sings:

╚══════════════╝

User Image

What exactly is a Valkyrur, you ask?

Valkyrur are beings of immense power and intellect. Their bodies are analogous to basic human structure, but stand an average of 7'0" tall, a bit shorter for women, and they are gifted with superhuman abilities, such as incredible endurance, rapid healing, and extraordinary speed. But their most important gift is the control of blue fire. This endowment is very significant in their culture, fire is highly revered, as well as ritualized, and they take much pride in this ability. Other less common gifts include telepathy, teleportation, and control of thunder or other elements. Those born with these special powers are rare, and highly valued for their unique strengths, often granting them an advanced position in society.

The passage of time is more kind to the Valkyrur, their life-span can last anywhere from 100-200 years, and may even live to be older in rare circumstances. Each stage of their life, as compared to human life, is extended by varying amounts. Their clothing is often made of sturdy, form-fitting black leather, or long, billowing robes. Armor is important to them, and each family as their own specific set of armor. Their weapons are made of steel coated in a special ore called ragnite, that grants weapons near infinite durability, as well as greater power. Work is being done on implementing this ore into other forms of creation, such as architecture. The spiral factors heavily into their culture, many temples and buildings are designed with a spiral-like pattern taken from the shell of a nautilus. The nautilus is an important symbol to them, and it is considered a sacred animal.

They have various ceremonies for stages in life, all revolving around fire, the one for manhood in Vyirmina is particularly notable for requiring the participant to live in the wilderness for two weeks, and allowed no other source of fire but themselves. Their major enemy is the mysterious group of beings called the Wayfarers. They resemble large giants the color of midnight, with white eyes and gaping mouths. Their strength and ferocity made them quite dangerous. They inhabited Iria before the Valkyrur showed up, and fought with the Valkyrur for years. After bitter struggles, the Wayfarers were eventually forced into the north, where they continued to be a threat for years to come. As time passed, no sign was seen from the north, until just a few years from the present, when they returned to do battle. Once again, they were defeated soundly, and have not been seen since.

╔══════════════╗

Build thee more stately mansions, O my soul,
As the swift seasons roll!
Leave thy low-vaulted past!
Let each new temple, nobler than the last,
Shut thee from heaven with a dome more vast,
Till thou at length art free,
Leaving thine outgrown shell by life’s unresting sea!
-"The Chambered Nautilus" by Oliver Wendell Holmes

╚══════════════╝
Where our story begins…

(also serves as a log of the story as it progresses, and yes, I will keep up with it this time)

It's the longest day of the year, the beginning of summer. War has just broken out, in the form of a revolt in the city of Ignalis. The city's authority has been overthrown, and replaced by the Vanguard, the rebel group under control of Lucia Mornar, a name now known to all Valkyrurs on the continent. Military members and officials in Ignalis were forcibly recruited into the Vanguard, those who refused to join were executed. Adding to that, she made sure to execute the royal family publically herself. She preaches a dogma of social equality and for the overthrow of King Hayden, claiming he is an unjust ruler, as well as all monarchy. Despite her radical actions, her beliefs have struck a chord in the heart of many. Though the period they are in is considered a high age of culture, much poverty and corruption lies beneath the surface. Attention is being brought to this issue, those in power are struggling to keep the calm and dispel any thought of further insurrection. The imperial army is being mobilized in retaliation, but their expectations for the battle are grim, as it is a whole city fortified against them. Few believe it won't escalate any further and defensive measure are being taken all across the nation. Along with all this, rumors have begun spreading of the four great weapons of the Valkyrur, hidden by the nobility in each capital. It's speculated that Lucia has taken the Ignalisn weapon and plans to gather them all. If all four weapons are gathered, unspeakable power is said to be granted to the collector. The gears of war have begun turning.
Roles: (all those with a * are imperative, ! means multiple roles)

Sephaldina (se-phal-dinna)
The hottest city in Iria, it sports the highest rate of tourism of any city due to its luxurious climate. It is famous for its prosperous trade, as well as its very popular sunny beaches. The atmosphere in the city is generally warm, welcoming, and relaxed. However, since it is relatively close to Ignalis, it has gone on high alert, and has begun arming itself and preparing defenses, fearing itself as the next target. The people are known for their hospitality but they are both feared and respected for their cunning. The city has procured some of the most powerful spear-wielders in Valkyrur history, as well as some of the most ingenious minds. It is also famed for its unorthodox tradition of rule, the queen holds greater power than that of the king.
Queen of Sephaldina: *
King of Sephaldina:
Prince:
Princess: *
Generals/Advisors/Executives: *
Knights:
Soldiers:
Nobles:
Townspeople:

Trimelodaria (tri-melo-daria)
Forests abound, the city resides in the verdant northwestern reaches of Valkyrur territory. Legendary for its labyrinth complexity in landscape, it resides in the center of a great clearing. It's people are famous for three things: their cooking, their archery, and their tracking skills. An experienced tracker is said to be able to follow even the smallest, quietest animals for miles. Treefolk, griffins and giant bears, among many, roam the great forests, making it a treacherous place to travel alone. Great varieties of fruit and vegetables are grown here, alongside an extensive variety of game within the woods, making it the most important city for food production in Iria.
King of Trimelodaria: *
Queen of Trimelodaria: *
Prince: *
Princess:
General:
Knights:
Archers/Trackers:
Townspeople:

Ignalis (ig-nay-lis)
In the hilly land of the northeast, Ignalis resides almost directly across from Trimelodaria. Filled with valleys and steep inclines, it lies at the bottom of one such valley, making it very difficult to find if you don't know where to look. Giant birds known as Rocs make their homes all within the region, making it very dangerous to stray too far from the borders of the city. Small towns also exist, but they are equally hard to find and tend to be a bit unwelcoming to strangers. If one can make it to Ignalis itself, they'll find a booming, thriving culture haven, filled with some of the hardiest Valkyrur in Iria. Known for their strength and special affinity for fire, even among Valkyrur, they are resilient and famed for their self-dependency. Farther north, there are said to be dragons, but few have seen them and have lived to tell the tale. Wyverns are especially common, and wyvern riders have become a staple of the Ignalin military.
Vanguard Leader: Lucia Mornar
Advisor/Shadow Mind Leader: Roland Vastera

Vanguard
Commanders: Xellos Maximillium
Knights:
Wyvern Riders:
Soldiers:
Spy: Saejin Torent

Shadow Mind
Second in Command: *
Assassins: Laeklo Nyrsha
Spies:
Mercenarys:
Townspeople:

Vyirmina (vy-ear-mi-na)
Cold wind whips across the ice-laden structures of Vyirmina, which lay to the southwestern side of Trimelodaria. Contained within great expanses of frozen plain, it's accessibility is rather limited. While all Valkyrur can generate fire, this is the only city where constant outside sources of fire is needed due to the frigid temperatures. Their architecture is simple and durable, and their buildings are famed to be some of the best made structures in existence. There are small towns on the outskirts, as well as an extensive network of caves few have ever truly explored. The Valkyrur that reside in this region are are excellent at finding water, and are plenty tough themselves. They are also more likely to be born with the ability to control ice, the only place where secondary abilities seem to be more frequent.
King of Vyirmina: *
Queen of Vyirmina: *
Prince: *
Princess:
Knights:
Mages: Sonya Rudhale
Soldiers:
Citizens: Liontios Theron!

Sepentania
Deep within the reaches of the Trimelodarian forests, fairy colonies exist, and the reclusive creatures aren't too fond of Valkyrur, so they are left largely unhindered. The Fairy Queen disapproves of Lucia's uprising, fearing the damage and chaos it might cause. She forbids any fairy from taking place in the conflict, seeking to avoid getting involved with Valkyrurian affairs. However, she has secretly sent spies into Ignalis hoping to get any useful information she could use to influence the war. She resides in the Court of the Fae, a great clearing in the dead center of fairy territory, surrounded by the walls of a tremendous, shimmering diamond castle. The Fae are famed for their magic, wielded only by a specific few, that can cause amnesia, create illusions, and the like. Their Retainers, or warriors, are known for being especially agile and powerful, the Fae are well defended. Nothing is as it seems in the realm of the Fair Folk, so one would do well to be on your guard upon entry.
Fairy Queen: *
Nobility:
Retainers:
Enchanters/Enchantresses:
Spies: *
Citizens:

Feroxidus
Between Sephaldina and Ignalis lies a great expanse of jungle in which a feral tribe of Elves have made their home. Famed for their ferocity and brutality, the Valkyrur have learned to leave them well alone. Anyone caught attempting to burn or enter their home is met with a swift and merciless end. They are elusive, and move through the jungle like wraiths, few have ever seen one in person, and even fewer have survived the encounter. The majority of these elves live in a large village near the center of the jungle, ruled over by the strongest warrior in the tribe, known as the Paragon, who can be challenged at any time for his/her position. They openly dislike Valkyrurkind, but they enjoy the chaos Lucia is bringing, hoping their enemies will be destabilized by her revolution. They wait for the conflict to escalate, hoping for a chance to expand their dominance from the jungle to the whole continent.
Paragon: *
Warriors:
Scouts:
Citizens:

Askavarus (as-kav-aras)
The "Capital of Iria", it is a large city that towers over the horizon in the direct middle between all four major cities. It is heavily fortified, with a special city guard known as the "Indomitable Shield" whose main priority is guarding the current sovereign of Iria, Hayden. They also serve as a personal army, and divisions are often sent to aid other cities in their military affairs. It is lead by three major generals. The city is a crowded metropolis, with the largest population out of any of the four. Many find themselves disoriented by the bustling, often unfriendly environment. Hayden has a panel of advisors whom he uses to help inform and guide him. They are largely corrupt, but don't let him see it and make their seedy decisions in other cities when given leave.
Sovereign: Hayden Maximilian Romulus
Sovereign's Wife: *
Prince of Iria: *
Princess of Iria: Celine Romulus
Council of Advisors: *
Citizen:
Imperial Shield Ranks:
Generals: * Florina Avilana (Two more needed)
Commander:
Knight:
Squire:
Soldier: Alissa Maroon
Recruit:

No Allegiance:

Aimi Makoto (Angel)
Vritra Lindwyrm (Ancient Dragon)
Liontios Theron!
Homusubi (God)
Ba'al (Demon)
Callon (Elf)
Aryn (Bandit)
Cities and Areas:

Daggerthorn Jungle: The realm of serpentine vines and sweltering heat, it's home to the famous Feroxidus tribe. Reputed for their brutality, no Valkyrur knows what's contained in it's depths, except for those who have made it their tomb. Whispered tales of ferocious beasts and deadly vipers spread like wildfire, despite the apocryphal nature of these rumors. It's very name is used as sparingly as possible, and it remains a taboo, yet widely shared source of curiosity.

Wandermist Forest: Up in the northern part of Iria, it shelters both Trimelodaria and the fae land known as Sepentania. It's paths appear to be ever-branching and an experienced guide is needed to make one's way safely through it's labyrinth design. A large variety of animals reside within the expanse, and not all of them are friendly, so caution needs to be taken at all times when within it's midst.

Zarrock Hills: Rocky and imposing, the hills of the north surround Ignalia. Few valleys or plateaus exist, so travel through the area is difficult. Wyverns are the main mean of transportation, making them extremely valuable to anyone who can tame one. If you reach the very northern border of Iria, it is said that dragons exist in secrecy, hiding away from society.

Diristiva Plains: In the south lies the frozen tundra that the resilient citizens of Vyirmina call their home. With temperatures that are consistently dangerous, even Valkyrur heat needs to be augmented by warm clothing. While they have largely been explored and charted, the network of caves that run through the majority of the area is largely unknown.

Reaverny: A small, homely town that lies to the north of Ignalia. Close to wyvern breeding grounds, the town houses some of the finest wyvern trainers on Iria. It is one of the north's best-kept secrets, and not many outside of the hills know of it's existence. Ignalia pays a hefty fee every month in order to procure some of the most reliable wyverns for their army. The people are generally hardy, quiet people who are fine living on the outskirts of civilization and even relish it.

Frilastad: On the outskirts of Sepentania, lies this large, trading town. A lot of goods pass through here on the way to Trimelodaria, and on the way out to the rest of Iria. Caravans are unremitting and trade is prosperous even within the town center. Since it is close to fairy territory, there are some who will offer to take you onto their lands for a price, but it is ill-advised to trust anyone who claims such a thing.

Tinehdria: Known as the hottest town on Iria, this small town is the closest Valkyrur settlement to the Southern Sea. Clothing is minimal, and it's a common spot for people to visit when near Sephaldina, almost like a tourist spot. It's famous for it's unique atmosphere and warm beaches. Drakes, the lesser cousin of dragons, frequent the area and nowhere else, for undiscovered reasons.
Profile Outline

[b][size=24][align=center]Character Name[/align][/size][/b]
[imgright]Picture goes here. Only cartoon/anime style pictures, please.[/imgright]

[color=Your text's color][align=center]Quote (can be from character, short lyrics, etc.)[/align][/color]

[color=Pick a color][u]I go by:[/u][/color] [color=The color you'll post in]Your character’s name[/color]

[color=Pick a color][u]I've been around the block a few times:[/u][/color] [color=The color you'll post in]How old your character is. Valkyrur age at virtually the same pace as humans, but once they hit 20 their appearance experiences the aging process at a far slower rate. [/color]

[color=Pick a color][u]I'm proud of my heritage:[/u][/color] [color=The color you'll post in]Your race. Valkyrur, elves, fairies, dragons, these races are all allowed. If you have another race in mind, put it down, but I'll be asking you about it.[/color]

[color=Pick a color][u]I've got a few tricks up my sleeve:[/u][/color] [color=The color you'll post in]The type of weapon you prefer to use. List any specific weapons here.[/color]

[color=Pick a color][u]Where I'm from:[/u][/color] [color=The color you'll post in] The city your character was born in.[/color]

[color=Pick a color][u]I side with:[/u][/color] [color=The color you'll post in]Whether your character sides with Lucia or the Sovereign. Write neutral if neither and be sure to specify. [/color]

[color=Pick a color][u]Not much, but it's a living:[/u][/color] [color=The color you'll post in]What your character does. [/color]

[color=Pick a color][u]Don't underestimate me:[/u][/color] [color=The color you'll post in]Any talents, strengths, abilities, etc. Nothing too ridiculous here, folks. [/color]

[color=Pick a color][u]This is my story, pay attention:[/u][/color] [color=The color you'll post in]Your backstory, please make this at least a paragraph [/color]

[color=Pick a color][u]Have a look at my true self:[/u][/color][color=The color you'll post in] Your character’s personality. [/color]

[color=Pick a color][u]Right, I almost forgot to mention:[/u][/color] [color=The color you'll post in]Any extras, like pets, fears, possessions, etc.[/color]

[color=Pick a color][u]My guardian angel:[/u][/color] [color=The color you'll post in] Your Gaia username. [/color]
Our Heroes and Villains, and everything in between!

Check 'em out

And don't forget to chat it up in here.
Announcements

9/9/2012: Thread is posted!
9/11/2012: Officially open to post in!

Miscellaneous Stuff
Reserved.
(For what, I'm not entirely sure, but we'll see if I need it!)
Reserved Once More
User Image
User Image
Lucia Mornar and Roland Vastera
"Yes, the brutalities of progress are called Revolutions.
When they are over, this is recognised:

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucia stood, silently examining the banner before her. It depicted a great nautilus shell, incredible detail manifest in every spiral. With a far-away look shining in her eyes, she absent-mindedly reached out a hand to stroke the tapestry, scythe held loosely in the other. She was in the palace of Ignalis, in the very throne room she had just conquered. With no perceivable change in demeanor, she suddenly spoke. "You don't need to hide on me, Roland." With nary a whisper, a shadow from the corner of the room became suddenly solid in the form of a slim figure, a mask adorning his face. "Must you wear those silly masks around me? You are aware I have seen your face, are you not?" she added, her words trailing and lingering, as if she took no real focus to form them. "Force of habit, my dear. I am quite used to wearing these, more so than my own face, I do believe." he answered, voice muffled by the material over his face. Reaching a hand up, he removed the facial cover to reveal his handsome, yet eerie face. Having only moved her eyes away from the shell for a moment, she continued to stare straight forward, as if the hanging possessed all the answers. "We have come so far in this world, yet I'm realizing we haven't changed a bit. There is oppression, hate and so much corruption. We arrogant creatures just stroll around like nothing's wrong, like everything is the way it should be. How stuck we are in our ways..." she mused, to no one in particular.

Roland briefly followed her gaze, idly playing with the porcelain facade between his slender gloved hands. "Not all of our ways are quite so harmful." Breaking sight with the depiction, she turned her face towards Roland, eyes as cool and neutral as his were. "Aye, but there are too many that are. We deserve better than a flimsy monarch and a corrupt, outdated system." she rebutted, with only a trace of anger poisoning her tone. As if nothing had changed, she returned her eyes back to the wondrous art before her. "Perhaps a nautilus is a true symbol for our people. We build up our home, and when it's time to change, we shed the old, and build a sturdier one. Yet, in discord with this symbol, we have remained stuck in our old home, regardless of our progression. It appears I am here to bring in the new, and my method shall be force. I shall rip out our race from a dying shell, and bring a new home, one of equality, and true liberation." she continued, her voice filled to the brim with incredible passion and overwhelming conviction. As if to punctuate her words, she raised her scythe high and slit the tapestry straight down with precision, cleaving the shell neatly in twain. "Call the citizens of Ignalis to the palace walls, as well as both our organizations, their new ruler wishes to make an announcement." she got out, as if she could barely get any air in her lungs. "As you wish." Roland responded, with an elaborate bow. With a ghostly step, he exited the throne room, door closing just as Lucia raised a hand to stroke the torn remnants of the once beautiful tapestry.

It took a while, but all the requested parties had been summoned. Lucia stood, in a similar pose as earlier, scythe sheathed on her back instead, but this time overlooking the great population of Ignalis and it's captors from a balcony intended for speech-giving. She eyed the people below her, crowded in vast numbers, surrounded by members of both organizations. A quick glanced told her Roland was situated in the back of the balcony, the same mask from earlier leering forward. With no noticeable cue, the first notes of her voice rang forth, demanding to be heard over the uproar.
"Citizens of Ignalis, my people, I'm sure there is a lot you are concerned with this very day. Many of you have lost loved ones, and the previous rulers are no more. I fully understand this, I am far too familiar with the pain and shock of loss. But I am also familiar with the sensation of freedom." At this she paused dramatically, waiting for just the right amount of time to pass before continuing. "Freedom. The highest and noblest virtue we can hope to attain. An ideal that is worth far more than we could ever dream. And are we truly free? Can you go home at night, look in the mirror, and say to yourself, with utmost sincerity, that this is what you wanted for your life?" she cried, arms spread before her. She made a mesmerizing picture, so compelling none dared to speak.

"I dare say few can! So many of us live in poverty, in utter neglect. We are the victims of a failing system, and what has Hayden done? Nothing but keep the wealthy in their lavish mansions, while robbing you of your loved ones to fight in his army, when they could be home, taking care of your family. Is this right? Is this the sign of a benevolent and just ruler with only his people in mind? No, it is the sign of a ruler consumed with his own vanity, who is content to hide in his walled cocoon and content to remain ignorant to the real woes of this world. That is why I am here today, at the head of this majestic, incredible city. I will bring us into a glorious, radiant new world, where we will all bathe in the light of freedom. And so, I decree that the palace be turned into a house for the sick and poor." At this last statement, gasps were audible, the words caused an instant stir. Lucia had to raise her voice even higher to continue, which still rang with the conviction of the truly dedicated.

"I'd also like to extend a hand to the rich in this city, it would mean the world to me if you would help your neighbors, the starving you see on the streets as you simply go about your day. Please, use a mere fraction of your resources to help the less-favored. We can show the rest of our people what kindness can be like. And that is all I have called you here for, you needn't listen to me any longer!" she finished, lowering her arms back to her sides. Roland had to admit, he was impressed, and not much impressed him. The girl most certainly had a way with words. He knew he had been right to ally himself with her. Together, they would bring her ideals, and their shared might knocking upon Hayden's door. And as she stepped away from that balcony, back into the palace, he could have sworn she was ten times taller than she had been before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

our race has been harshly treated,
but that it has Advanced."

Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Dangerous Genius

User Image
Laeklo Nyrsha
The Young Assassinx

"Freedom..." The soft voice of a young woman repeated as she sat on the roof top that over looked the crowd, but not the balcony from which the speaker stood. She stopped starting at the blade of her short sword, looking up a bit to stare at the revolution's leader. Though the look on her face wasn't one of admiration or excitement but rather one which lacked any care. The female listened as the speech went on, though as the leader declared things to help the poor, the woman's gaze returned to her blade. She wouldn't be of much help in taking care of the wounded. She knew how to take care of her own body, but others... well others usually didn't want her help. She was different. She was often discriminated against for having a pinkish red flame rather than a lovely blue one like everyone else.

As the speech concluded, the woman leaned back before flipping forward as she spun the short sword in her hand as if playing with the deadly tool. Landing on her feet, she sheathed the blade before starting to hop down, rooftop to rooftop to reach the ground. She didn't really care so much any more for needing words to motivate her to fight yet it was demanded that she listen to the speeches. Landing on the earth with a soft thud, the female started to leave the area the crowd was gathered. People are so noisy. She thought to herself, her long grey hair flowing behind her as she walked towards the nearby tavern. Arriving at the door though, she noticed it was quiet and dim. Ah, right... everyone had to go to the speech.

Sighing, she leaned against the wall next to the door, her arms crossed over her chest as she waited. While she wasn't one to drink or gamble, she went to the tavern since some times people would pay her to kill someone, or she could watch a fight break out. Typically, she wasn't the one causing the fights. The others in the new organization she had joined, Shadow Mind, had quickly found that she was usually in the tavern so she knew that if they got any new orders, it wouldn't take long for someone to inform her. ... I hope that barkeep gets here soon, it's too bright... She thought to herself, grateful that the area she was in had a nice over hang that blocked the sun from getting in her eyes. Closing her eyes, she leaned her head back against the wall only for moments later a deep voice greeting her. "Ah, if it isn't Laeklo. Always in such a rush to sit and do nothing, eh?" It was the barkeep.

The female simply shrugged her shoulders, not even bothering to open her eyes yet, much less move herself from the wall till the man unlocked the door. "You know you might cause the younger men to take interest in you if you always hang out here." The man burst into laughter as he was greeted by a harsh cold glare from Laeklo. She had no interest in lovers and considering her personality, she typically scared off most. After a moment, the door opened the the man entered, leaving the door open so others knew the shop was open for business. Without much care, the female followed the shopkeeper inside, taking up a seat in a back corner resting her elbow on the table before resting her head on the hand of the arm to which rest on the table. Looking at nothing in particular as her mind drifted off to other matters and to the past. I'll kill the fat bastards with my own hands...

[[OOC: bleh, not much for an intro post... ]]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces