Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Story
Together we stand, divided we fall

Four realms, once united, fell apart after the Shadow King stole the Crystal of Memories from its hiding place in the center of Acacia. Once the crystal was stolen, the realms became unbalanced, and chaos reigned uncontrolled.

At the beginning of time, five crystals were forged in heaven’s fires. The Crystals of Fire and Water, of Earth and Air… and of Memories. The four ‘elemental’ crystals were given to the appropriate realm- Aeralyn, Terrae, Aquanosis, or Blaezion- and the people of that realm now had the power to control that element. The ruling house of each realm has the most power over their element, meaning they can summon elementals. However, even a beggar on the streets of Blaezion can make himself a small fire.

The Guardian of the Crystal of Memories has the power of remembrance and forgetting; or memories. Through the Crystal, he keeps the balance between the four realms by showing people what the world would be like if there was war between the realms. The Guardian makes people forget their feuds, and only remember the good things that happen. There is no war, no fighting, and no feuding.

Then the crystal was stolen by the Shadow King, Angmar, from the center of Acacia, where the four rivers meet. The Shadow King wishes to use the Crystal of Memories to control Acacia. Every moment the Crystal is gone, the four Realms plunge deeper into uncontrollable chaos.

Five years after the crystal was stolen, four children from four realms turn 15. These children have a destiny placed upon them… to rescue the Crystal of Memories from Angmar and restore peace to the Realms of Acacia.

|The Story|The World|Rules|Character Skeleton|Rebels|Loyals|Setting|Black&White List|Updates|Reserved|

OOC Thread
The World

Acacia is split up into four different realms, each with it's own element. It is divided by the great rivers, which flow east to west and north to south.

In the Northwest, we have the realm of Blaezion, the fire realm. The people who live in Blaezion normally wear light robes, since Blaezion is a desert. They are darker skinned, and normally have dark hair and eyes.

In the Northeast is Terrae, the earth realm. This realm is one large forest, and the people found here wear most anything they want. It is the most diverse realm in Acacia, and those that were born here have control over the earth.

In the Southwest, the realm of Aeralyn, the air realm, can be found. This realm is mostly made up of large grasslands, although there are a few mountain ranges spread throughout the land. The people found here have control over air, the most fickle element of them all. It is a relatively moderate climate, and those that are born here normally have blonde hair and light eyes, as well as a pale complexion.

Finally, in the Southeast, Aquanosis, the water realm. Strangely, this realm is made up of many large lakes and smaller rivers, and the people here live on islands in the middle of the lake. They get around thanks to the numerous bridges that have been constructed, as well as by boating through the rivers the connect this realm. Obviously, the people here have control over the water.

In the very middle, where the great rivers meet, a small island can be found. This was the home of the Crystal of Memories, and the Guardian of the Crystal. However, now that the Shadow King has stolen the Crystal, no one knows what is found there now.

The Shadows

All servants of the Shadow King have their elemental powers corrupted and twisted in their association with evil. The develop powers unseen in any kingdom, but those same powers possess a link to their original natures. Earth to bones, fire to lightening, etc.

|The Story|The World|Rules|Character Skeleton|Rebels|Loyals|Setting|Black&White List|Updates|Reserved|
The Rules

1| First and foremost, follow the Gaia ToS
2| This is a literate roleplay. I understand that we all get writer's block, but I need at least a paragraph a post! Which, if you do not know, is five sentences.
3| Keep the swearing to a minimum, thank you very much. I know it all slips out sometimes, but try not to drop the f-bomb every other word?
4| No cybering. None. Use time-skips, for goodness sakes!
5| PM profiles for characters opposed to the Shadow king to me with the title "For The Good Of All".
PM Jak-O-Jester for all those loyal to the Shadow King with the title '"The Crystal Is Ours!"
6| All posts need to be in size 9 or 10 font, thank you.
7| Pretty posts make me happy, so please take the time to decorate your posts with titles, pictures, etc.
8| Use brackets for OOC, thank you!
9| Posts need to be in third person!
10| Please provide a roleplaying sample in all character requests. This is to ensure quality of posting and literacy.
11| I retain the right to change the rules at any time.

Characters and Character Skeleton

Main Characters:
Each of these characters have just turned 15 years old, and they don't know eachother. Somehow, they all have a destiny placed upon them to find the Crystal of Memories and defeat the Shadow King, thus saving Acacia. First come, first serve!

Blaezion Teenager: Open/Reserved/Taken by Lord Azar Azar Celosia
Terrae Teenager: Open/Reserved/Taken by Selenophobic Tobias Andrion
Aquanosis Teenager: Open/Reserved/Taken
Aeralyn Teenager:]Open/Reserved/Taken by Jester of IntoxicationRune Smith

You can also be anyone else you wish, but please, these positions need to be filled up!

[align=right] [color=blue]₪[/color] [color=darkgreen]First Name[/color] [color=blue]†[/color][color=darkgreen] Last Name[/color][color=blue]₪[/color][/align]

[imgright] IMAGE LINK HERE [/imgright]

[color=blue][size=14]People call me[/size][/color]
[color=darkgreen][size=9]Put full name.[/size][/color]

[color=blue][size=14]Though, sometimes I'm called[/size][/color]
[color=darkgreen][size=9]Nickname if you have any.[/size][/color]

[color=blue][size=14] The years just fly by[/size][/color]
[color=darkgreen][size=9]Age[/size][/color]

[color=blue][size=14]As you can tell, I'm a [/size][/color]
[color=darkgreen][size=9]Gender[/size][/color]

[color=blue][size=14]| am attracted to[/size][/color]
[color=darkgreen][size=9]Boys, girls, both[/size][/color]

[color=blue][size=14]This is where I come from[/size][/color]
[color=darkgreen][size=9]Realm[/size][/color]

[color=blue][size=14]†his is where my alliance lies[/size][/color]
[color=darkgreen][size=9]Loyal or Shadow King? [/size][/color]

[color=blue][size=14]These strange powers that I have [/size][/color]
[color=darkgreen][size=9]Magical Talent[/size][/color]

[color=blue][size=14]I've heard so many things about me [/size][/color]
[color=darkgreen][size=9]Personality[/size][/color]

[color=blue][size=14]This is how I view my past [/size][/color]
[color=darkgreen][size=9]History[/size][/color]

[color=blue][size=14] These are the things I enjoy[/size][/color]
[color=darkgreen][size=9]
¤ Likes
¤ Likes
¤ Likes
¤ Likes
¤ Likes[/size][/color]

[color=blue][size=14]These things I do not [/size][/color]
[color=darkgreen][size=9]» Dislikes
» Dislikes
» Dislikes
» Dislikes
» Dislikes[/size][/color]

[color=blue][size=14]There is one last thing[/size][/color]
[color=darkgreen][size=9]Other[/size][/color]

[color=blue][size=14]I follow the orders of[/size][/color]
[color=darkgreen][size=9]Username[/size][/color]

Rebels
We serve the Shadow King

Kaden Quin
Tristan Altair

Loyalty
To save the Kingdom

Azar Celosia
Tobias Andrion

The Setting
This is where we stand

Month: |January|February|March|April|May|June|July|August|September|October|November|December|

Weather: |Sunny|Rainy|Cloudy|Windy|Snowing

Black List
Those found here are ashamed

None Yet

White List
Those found here are honored

Elphaba the Renthead (original story creator)

Lord Azar (for compiling the new thread and transferring posts)

Jak-O-Jester (for providing invaluable support and creating the profile thread)

Selenophobic (for being incredibly patient while the above two people spent way too much time fiddling around with everything)

Updates

July 31 2009| Accepting.

August 2 2009| Finished reposting from old thread.

August 2 2009| Rules, links and specifications edited

August 2 2009| OPEN!!

User Image
Azar Celosiaxxxxx xxx

Fire is the perfect representation of this world...

Azar stopped to rest. It was roughly midday, the air blazed with the fury of a noon sun. Today marked the third week since she'd left her home, much to the chagrin to her tutors and family. She was still resolutely within Bleazion borders, but it would only be a matter of a few days before she reached the river.

She glanced up at the sky. Over in the horizon she could see clouds drifting lazily. They would bring her no shade though, no rain. Until she reached the great expanse of water that divided her land from the others, there would be no respite from the grueling heat. That being said, it was not as if she particularly noticed the temperature. Her mind was locked on what lay beyond those clouds. There was so much for her to see.

Azar reached down to the canteen strapped across her hip, lifting it up to take a swig of much needed water. She was refreshed fro the moment, and she would not need to drink again for another hour or so. One of the advantages to living in such an inhospitable environment was that her body was well adjusted to running on minimal water.

In the distance, slightly obscured by the waves of heat that wafted off the desert floor, lay another small town. She would make it there just before nightfall and find a place to stay out of the chilling cold that was desert nights.

With this small goal established and a clear plan of action in place, Azar continued forward, marching across the heat to meet her destiny.

... Terrible, destructive, and absolutely beautiful.
User Image
Azar Celosiaxxxxx xxx

Fire is the perfect representation of this world...

Azar handed over a few coins to the street peddler in return for some skewered meat. Munching on her dinner, she headed over to the well at the center of town to refill her canteen. Her next objective was to find a place to stay.

From the small talk she'd exchanged with the peddler, she'd found that she was only three day's travel from the river. This revelation both excited and worried Azar. She was thrilled to find herself so close to her goal, but nervous about what she would do when she got there. She shared with many of her people a fear of large waters. She would have to secure passage of some sort.

Meat eaten and canteen filled with fresh water, she turned her focus to the matter at hand, shelter. Down the main street, she saw an inn. She knew that there would likely be some unsavory characters inside as their presence had multiplied after the Crystal was shattered. Resting her hand casually on the hilt of her sword and shifting her pack to be easily removed for greater mobility, should she need it, she walked into the inn.

... Terrible, destructive, and absolutely beautiful.
Jak-O-Jester
*Kaden Quin*

“Some men just want to watch the world burn.”

User Image
Kaden was bored. This dreadful assignment was starting to wear on his last nerve. He took another lazy sip from his wine glass, and stifled a yawn. Kaden began to fall asleep in his chair. This was not the sort of thing a high ranking servant of the Shadow King should be doing. Stay here and monitor the people…bah, enough is enough. Kaden stood up, and smoothed out his robes. He exited his chamber and briskly strolled down the hall. Soldiers jumped to attention at his presence. He smiled and waved at them.

“Looking sharp gentlemen, keep up the good work. All praise to the Shadow King and whatnot.”

As he reached the door to their hidden outpost, a massive figure moved to block his exit. Kaden’s piercing eyes settled on the face of the top general sent to babysit him in this backwater village.

“Where exactly are you going, Sir?”
the man gruffly barked.

“Ah, General Briggus. I’m feeling like a breath of fresh air, so I plan to take a stroll, maybe introduce myself to the townspeople.”

This comment was met with snickers by some of the troops behind him. Kaden had quite a reputation for stirring up unwanted trouble. The general scowled, and placed a hand on the boy’s shoulder.

“I don’t think you should be going anywhere, Sir. We have orders to watch the citizens of Acacia in the central area for suspicious activity, and nothing more. If you were to draw attention to us, Shadow King Angmar would be rather upset, I believe.”

Kaden’s lips twisted into a sneer. His fingers begin to twitch dangerously. A few of the soldiers lounging nearby begin to back away from the entrance.

“Are you challenging my authority here, General? Frankly, I’ve never really liked you. You’re full of such pomp and attitude. Perhaps I’ll make you into one of my special friends…”

The general’s expression changed into one of fear. He began to sputter out words of protest and forgiveness, but it was too late. Kaden tapped the ground with the tip of his sword. Dozens of skeletal hands erupted from the floor and dragged General Briggus below. His screams were cut off rather quickly as the dirt swallowed him. Kaden laughed, and twirled to see a mixture of fright and amazement on the faces of the guards.

“Cheer up lads; I know none of you liked him anyways. You all look like you could use a drink. Break out the booze, extra drink rations for everyone.”

As the cheers of the soldiers echoed throughout the hall, Kaden left the building. He pulled out a lollipop from one of his pockets and stuck it in his mouth. The boy took in the forest around him, and noticed the smoke rising from the chimneys of the nearby town. Soon, there would be more smoke, and plenty of fire. Maybe even a few screams. Kaden smiled; perhaps this assignment wasn’t that bad after all.

“The King of Shadows has arrived. Surely you can sense your doom?.”
Tristan Araris
¤§ Tristan †‡† Altair §¤

User Image

Shadows exist even in the light.

Tristan slipped into the small town near the center of Acacia just before nightfall. This was Tristan's favorite time of the day for many reasons; at the moment though, its was because the shadows were growing long which made it easier to draw them around himself. With his shadow cloak obscuring in the quickly fading light, Tristan stalked his way to a large building near the center of town. 'This seems like as good a place as any to wait,' he thought to himself as he lifted his gaze upward towards the roof. Tristan had been sent here to find and reign in one of his comrades. The Shadow King had tasked him with watching over one Kaden Quin. All of the info Tristan had been given on his younger comrade said that Kaden could be a loose cannon without supervision and as Angmar's top operative, Tristan was the perfect person to help cure him of that. Tristan wasn't as pleased as some of his superiors however. ' I didn't sign up for this baby sitting business.'

With that thought, Tristan set about finding his way up to the top of the building. He entered the alleyway next to it and climbed up the wall. Once on top of the building, Tristan settled down to wait. If his hunch was correct, Kaden would be growing antsy with his current assignment of observation and seeking some entertainment. 'Hopefully I find him here. I grow tired of looking for him.' Tristan kept his eyes peeled as the sun continued to sink towards the horizon, wondering what sort of chaos Kaden would cause if he did show up.

I know where my loyalties lie, where do yours?
Jak-O-Jester
*Kaden Quin*

“Some men just want to watch the world burn.”

User Image
Kaden strolled into the center of town, the fading light of the sun giving him just enough illumination to see by. Villagers hurried home from work, ready to warm up with a hearty meal and a burning fireplace. Kaden took it all in with a glance, and then tapped the ground with his sword. A mound of bones rose from the dirt, lifting him into the air. All eyes were suddenly on the young man, and he smiled evilly, relishing the attention.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen. Sorry to interrupt your modest little lives, but I have something rather important to discuss. You see, I do suppose you've heard of the Shadow King? Of course you have. Well, I happen to work for him, and...you're village is an eyesore. You have two options; surrender, and become one of the Shadow Legion, or I can simply kill you. The choice is yours, pick carefully now."

The surrounding peasants stared at Kaden as if he were some giant, hideous insect. A few of them murmured amongst themselves, unsure what to believe. The boy sighed; this was becoming boring. He'd meant to mess with their heads, but instead of stirring the masses into some sort of amusing frenzy, he'd just stunned the sheep into silence. It was time to end it.

"Time's up. Who shall join me and become one of the glorious servants of the Shadow King?"

A group of about ten stepped forward, ignoring the glances of hatred from their fellow villagers. Kaden was not surprised; in this age of brutality, life was a precious thing, and these men wanted to preserve it no matter the cost. Foolish of them to think this way, though. He placed a hand in his red hair, and shook his head at the volunteers.

"As much as I'm honored that you'd betray your own people to save your hides, you really didn't make the correct decision in this particular endeavor. You see, I suppose I should have been a little more clear. When I said you would be given the chance to join the Shadow Legion I meant mine specifically, and my legion, well...it's rather unique."

He smashed his sword into the soil, and focused his energy into the blade. The ground around the villagers suddenly trembled, and a skeleton emerged for each. Bony arms wrapped themselves gleefully around the shocked peasants, and glowing red sockets looked into their frightened eyes. The other villagers fled at the sight of the undead, leaving their compatriots to their chosen doom.

"See? My army welcomes you with open arms!"

Kaden laughed at his own absurd joke, and began to mentally send the commands that would snuff the lives of the weak mortals around him, and turn them into corpses easily molded to suit his needs.

“The King of Shadows has arrived. Surely you can sense your doom?”

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces