Welcome to Gaia! ::

Proxy Sex Symbol

10,925 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150

S T O R Y

T H E O V E R W O R L D

This is a continuation of bloodred_rose_vampyre's "Heaven's Lost Child", which is now closed. Don't worry, this isn't going to be a "Hell's Lost Prince" or anything like that.

*If, for story purposes you'd like to know what precisely went on during "The war" that's relevant to this RP and story, say something or PM Child of Gehenna, it can either be added here or posted on the end of the original thread.

While the two Realms above and below the conflict were able to heal in relatively short order once Uriel and Sapphire ascended their respective thrones, Purgatory and Earth have remained in dire straights.

Earth, traditionally overseen by the Angels, contains a human population which is fragile, weak, and on the brink of losing hope. The environment is still reeling from nuclear winter and only now making a recovery from the devastation.

Purgatory, the only truly neutral domain of the four, has been almost devoid of souls and spirits for a decade now. A pittance when speaking of eternity, but devastating when those spirits are either trapped wrongfully in the bowels of Hell, enjoying wanton and undeserved joys in Heaven, or are terrorizing the fledgling human survivors looking for a way back home.

Heaven and Hell, Celestia and Sheol, still do not agree on everything and there are still conflicts between angels and demons. Within their own realms there are also many problems; King Uriel has openly advocated and allowed the restoration of Grace to Fallen Angels, something which has outraged many of the higher Seraphim in his court. In Hell, Overlord Sapphire is frequently criticized for taking an angelic mate and the effect of so much holy blood 'tainting' her children.

In truth, the only real difference between life before and after the war now is the mutual focus on restoring Purgatory and thereby restoring Earth. Demons have always plagued the mortal realm, but when its their afterlife at stake they become much easier to manage; if Purgatory isn't restored, where's a poor little archdemon to go after death? How can a Cherubim ask for guidance when the soul they're looking for is wandering lost in the desolate streets of San Diego?

This is the price of peace, so enjoy it while it lasts...

G I S T O F T H E P L O T

Anything underlined is stuff you NEED to know! So read up!

Celestia:
Is the IC name for the Kingdom of Heaven, home of the angels. It is currently ruled over by King Uriel (not to be confused with the Archangels), son of King Almaz and brother of King Ezekiel in Hell. Feel free to design and create new details for Celestia, as currently the only solid features are the general architecture of palaces and towers, Gabriel's Fountain, the constant air of Grace, and the orchards of Ambrosia.

Hell:
Sometimes referred to as Sheol, Tartarus, Netherworld, or whatever you prefer. It's home to the demons and ruled over by the Overlord Sapphire and her Consort/King Ezekiel. Given the nature of the previous RP, Hell has a few more details. It is divided into various levels similar to Dante's Divine Comedy, it includes the Overlord's Palace, the time-warping 'Pit' where various demons test their mettle and endurance, and Lucifer's Prison at the absolute bottom. Taken straight from Dante, Lucifer's prison is an icy wasteland whose blizzards are fed by the monster's beating wings. Close to Lucifer himself is a portal which leads from Hell to Earth (Don't ask me, ask Dante!).

Purgatory: (Read it all!)
A middle realm between Hell and Earth, Purgatory is supposed to house the spirits of the unborn or those awaiting rebirth in the cycle of reincarnation (an opt-in thing for the dead). Unfortunately, it was ravaged terribly by the war 10 years ago, casting said spirits into complete disorder, many were pulled into Hell by accident, but most were shot out into Earth with no idea what in the world was going on. Purgatory's palaces are still being repaired, but it's also quite empty... (I said all of it!)

Earth:
Tsk, tsk, what a big mess. The first major act of the war was the infiltration of demons into the Hearts of Men, particularly those in power. Nuclear war has devastated Human society and crippled the environment, the appearance of real, true-blue demons shattered the hopes of many communities for survival, while the revelation of angels brought salvation for others. After ten years of suffering to survive, most humans think of angels and demons not as true and almighty forces, but more like soft-spoken rumours and queries. No one denies them, but no one openly acknowledges them either.

Ascended Humans:
Not sure if they'll come up or not, but in the last story there were humans who had either Ascended or Fallen depending on their alignment. Essentially, a human in Celestia or Sheol. The thing with these humans is that along with their semi-cursed/divine nature, they were able to compete with Angels and Demons by having one specialized power and then a high aptitude for arcane/elemental magic (Flamethrower/Rock smash/Water gun/Razorleaf/lolpokemon).

Archangels: (Read it all!)
The four Archangels are: Gabriel, The Messenger. Michael, The Warrior. Azrael, The Angel of Death. And Uriel, The Judge. Each Archangel then has his own corresponding Order: Messengers, Warriors, Death, and Judgement. Typically angels of Gabriel fill the role of Guardians, or Ascended Humans, but since the Catastrophe on Earth more angels from all Orders have been taking up the mantle.

The Archangels themselves are NPCs, and you MUST have GM Permission to adopt the role of one for however long! These four characters are AS CLOSE TO GOD AND SATAN as this RP gets, they are not your friends, they are not chatty, and they're not all that interested in your petty problems. On that note:

God/Satan:
Do they exist? IC, yes. Are they in this? NO! Mentioned, many, many times. "Oh for the love of Lucifer."/"Oh dear God."

Grace:
This is what makes Angels Angelic, when an angel falls they lose their Grace. It's like a blessing, or if you wanna be really Christian "The Holy Spirit"

Evility:
Evililty is demonic power. It's what makes a demon have the willpower to actually vandalize and torture. Without this, they would be "just as bad as the angels". It's basically their willpower and strength.

Post by Child of Gehenna.

Proxy Sex Symbol

10,925 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Millionaire 200

R U L E S

The requirements of this RP are to type at least one paragraph per post... and not in first person (I, we, us).
Dedication. I want roleplayers that will stay after making two posts. Do you know any idea how many RPs die like that? Tons.
I can forgive spelling errors for plot lines. Especially if English is not your first language. Let's just make sure it's in third person, one paragraph minimum to be safe.
Beware, there are a couple of adv.lit. RPers here, and I occasionally fall into this category...
Please at least make your posts pretty by adding colors and a character picture. I know I won't be using more than that unless I get really bored and have way too much time on my hands.
PM all profile skeletons to myself, or a thread mod once I make one.
I want a character profile done. PM it to me. Put a <3 as the title so that you read the rules and so that I know you love me~(I'm kidding about the latter part.)!

[list][list]
Color 1 =
Color 2 =
Color 3 =
Color 4 =

I would like to apply for [Title: King/Queen/Princess/Guardian/etc]
My character's name is [name]
His/her age is [age]
My character looks like [url=YOURLINK HERE]A 100x100 image here please[/url]
And he/she is a [race (Angel/Human/Demon. No Neko Angels with Demon powers and nails as sharp as alligator teeth. Or Demon paperboys who have a secret ID that make them powerful ei: Sailor Moon-like stuff. That's plain Mary-Sue and I will refuse it.)]
I want to say that my character isn't as boring as a graveyard by giving a little info on him/her. [Bio, two Paragraphs minimum.]
Also, I would to add that this character will be played by [username], and no one else.[/list][/list]

Proxy Sex Symbol

10,925 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Millionaire 200

A C C E P T E D C HA R A C T E R S

ღ Netherworld

{ O V E R L O R D } ★ ★ ★
      Sapphire
      Thalassa Shell Charm
      User Image
                          { Taken }

{ Gender } Female
                          { Age } 1588
                          { Race } { Half Demon, Half Angel } { Ruler of the Underworld } Demons come in all shapes and sizes. This petite demon with angel's wings was once a cruel, heartless monster. Until Ezekiel came down to Hell to save his sister from her Daddy's grasp. Long story short, Ezekiel fell, became Gommorrah, and she fell in love. Though, this had led to the war between the three realms. Sapphire had ended it all by killing her own father in cold blood.

Sapphire is her "twenties" now, but don't let her fool you for a second! She picked up on how to charm, although it's against her husband's wishes. She's charmed a few people into getting what she wanted, it has caused a few fights with Ezekiel, but nothing too serious. She doesn't care much for wearing her crown, since she doesn't like hats. But if she has to go out, she'll wear the damned thing.

She's a passive little thing and cares little for decency. However, she's changed for her husband, since he has this notion that the Ruler of the Underworld is only for his eyes. But, that makes her love him even more. She's just a bit old-fashioned that way, though she likes to challenge him every once and a while.

{ K I N G } ★ ★ ★
    Ezekiel
    Child Of Gehenna
    User Image
                        { Taken }

{ Gender } Male
                        { Age } Somewhere in his 2100's
                        { Race } { Angel } Former heir to Celestia's throne, and serving under the Order of Gabriel, Ezekiel strove to be a perfect Seraph. Long before the marriage, he and Sapphire were enemies not because of their families political conflicts, but also his own severe contempt for any creature below the perfection of Celestia. To make matters worse, after his sister was lost he had believed that Hell had her and began to make bold threats, on many occasions, threatening to destroy her. (Isn't marriage funny that way?)

Contemptuous, proud, and arrogant, Ezekiel's downfall came swiftly and not without a great deal of tears and screaming after he was captured by the former Overlord. As a Fallen Angel he was banished from Celestia forsworn by his own family, so who was the only one left to look out for him? Sapphire. Slowly, he became accustomed to the barbaric ways of the demons and on some level grew fond of the little princess for her acceptance and willingness to appease his long forbidden desires. But it still took until the end of the war for him to realize just how deep those feelings ran, and how open his mind had become towards not only demons, but Hell itself.

Ezekiel's grace was restored at the end of the War, though he took a hit in Rank which lowered him down to Cherubim, but instead of returning he took Sapphire's offer of becoming her king and stayed in Hell with her. After all, he may have been 'cured' of pride, arrogance, and contempt, but with a short and jealous fuse (especially concerning his wife) it's much better for him to remain down below and work on culling demon advances into Earth.

{ P R I N C E } ★ ★ ★
Terra
Thalassa Shell Charm
User Image
                      { Taken }

{ Gender } Male
                      { Age } Nine and half
                      { Race { Three Quarters Angel/Quarter Demon } There isn't much to say for Terra's past. He's nine years old. Okay... When he's not with his parents, The Overlord Sapphire and King Ezekiel, he's either dragged into some stupid game with his sisters, fighting demon four times his age, or reading complicated books with his Uncle Mao. At the moment, he's half way through a very thick novel on the Salem Witch Trials. Why he doesn't go take a field trip and go study them like his Uncle would, he doesn't know. He prefers the writer's complex feelings towards people when writing. Which is why he's always toting that book and a dictionary around.

Unlike his Uncle Mao, he does not have an obsession with heroes. Also, he's insulted when someone asks if his glasses are just for reading. Terra is not like his uncle when it comes to most things, yes, he'll sit alone and occupy himself with his hobby, but his hobby is reading and building his vocabulary. His Uncle just sits around and plays games, those glasses are mere decoration when his Uncle is not reading or not outside. Terra thinks that Mao should lose the glasses and get contacts. Other than that, he's an excellent teacher, since his mother didn't want him to have a zombie tutor.

{ P R I N C E S S } ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Character Name
Username
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                      { Open/Reserved/Taken }

{ Gender } ★ Female
                      { Age } ★ [Seven]
                      { Race } ★ { Three Quarters Angel/Quarter Demon }★ Bio

★ Bio

Character Name
Username
                      { Open/Reserved/Taken }

{ Gender } ★ Female
                      { Age } ★ [Seven]
                      { Race } ★ { Three Quarters Angel/Quarter Demon }★ Bio

★ Bio

{ R O Y A L A D V I S O R } ★ ★ ★
Mao Rhodonite
Thalassa Shell Charm
User Image
                      { Taken }

{ Gender } Male
                      { Age } 1588
                      { Race } { 1/2 Demon, 1/2 Angel } Mao was a "special" case. He is the older twin to Sapphire, but due to the tradition of whoever kills the Overlord, becomes the Overlord... He's stuck as his sister's servant again. But it's a much lighter task this time... He has his own servants to answer his beck and call. Not like he'd do the paperwork anyways... Mao can't kill his own sister, purely because she saved him years ago and that she was the one who raised him from the lowly slaves. If by any chance she wants to die, he wouldn't do it. He'd let one of her children do the task.

Mao is the tutor to the three children, mainly Terra, who shows no interest in going outside and doing field work. His role is to find books, Sapphire finds suitable for Terra to read and teach the subject. The blonde swears he will throw himself into Lucifer's Pit if he has to teach another book on the Salem Witch Trials!

Not like he really has a choice, but he is called "Mao-Mao" by his sister and his brother-in-law. He hates the name, but he's a complete softie really when the kids called him "Uncle Mao-Mao". You couldn't believe what they could bribe him to get them to buy them. Mao is such a kid at heart, but his face tells you otherwise. He'll play video games until dawn if left unattended, but he has he serious moments too... At the moment he has a girlfriend. Her name is ___.

♡ Celestia

{ K I N G } ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Character Name
Username
                      { Open/Reserved/Taken }

{ Gender } ★
                      { Age } ★
                      { Race } ★ { }★ Bio

★ Bio

{ P R I N C E } ★ ★ ★ • ★
Character Name
Username
                      { Open/Reserved/Taken }

{ Gender } ★
                      { Age } ★
                      { Race } ★ { }★ Bio

★ Bio

{ P R I N C E } ★ ★ ★ • ★
Character Name
Username
                      { Open/Reserved/Taken }

{ Gender } ★
                      { Age } ★
                      { Race } ★ { }★ Bio

★ Bio

Character Name
Username
                      { Open/Reserved/Taken }

{ Gender } ★
                      { Age } ★
                      { Race } ★ { }★ Bio

★ Bio

{ A N G E L O F D E A T H } ★ ★ ★
Levi Homlstead
Child Of Gehenna
User Image
                      { Taken }

{ Gender } Male
                      { Age } 174
                      { Race } { Angel } Levi really "Grew up" come the end of the war, physically and mentally. Transformed from a human guardian to a proper angel, he was adopted under the Order of the Archangel Azrael, Angel of Death and is still considered a new recruit by most within the order. The decision to follow Azrael came as a result of Prince Ezekiel's final request; the command from Celestia's former Prince and Hell's new King which tasked Levi with trying to bring peace back to the ravaged human world. The problem on earth? Far too many misplaced demons, spirits, and souls as a result of the former Overlord's warmongering.

The combination of being bottom-rung in Azrael's ranks, working on Earth, and constantly slaying demons and guiding souls puts a lot of stress on Levi's shoulders. To make matters worse, he rarely has any time to visit Celestia, let alone relax and catch up with friends there. His commitment to his duties and his human friends down on Earth is commendable, but it also means Levi's still a block-head when it comes to figuring out how Elsey feels about him. Poor girl.

{ P R I N C E S S } ★ ★ ★
Elsey
Twisted K I T T Y Saint
User Image
                      { Taken }

{ Gender } Female
                      { Age } 15
                      { Race } { Angel } Elsey grew up at a very very young life, dying very small. Once she died, she was given a free privileged to walk among the living, and to be able to look Physical, although she is a ghost. One day, during a war, she met with a boy - Levi - who promised her he'd protect her as a Guardian, hearing as she needed one. So, having had permission from the Father, he was blessed, and was allowed to live as an angel, although he was living.

Elsey soon began to grow fond of him, and began to get known among Celestia, as one of the Storytellers, among the Child Angels, becoming almost a One-Person Daycare, and practically a mother to all Celestia Children. Elsey has had a complicated past, although she does tend to get herself into trouble sometimes by being ignorant and curious, as she calls herself, "One part Brave...Three parts Fool." Elsey has attempted many times to try and befriend and negotiate with enemies, being successful half times, unsuccessful most times.

{ G U A R D I A N } ★ ★ ★
Chihiro Tsuigintoh
Twisted K I T T Y Saint
User Image
                      { Taken }

{ Gender Female
                      { Age } 137
                      { Race } { Angel } I want to say that my character isn't as boring as a graveyard by giving a little info on her. Chihiro has been in Celestia ever since she died at 6 months of age. She was blessed as an angel, and was brought upon Celestia by the Father to protect and serve his people as needed, and to be a friend to one and all.

Chihiro always loved being in the libraries of Celestia, or fighting for those whom she loves, or raising all of the little Children in Celestia. Chihiro, now that she is of proper age, takes care of all the children in Celestiawith Elsey, almost like a mother, while she is not on duty Guarding Celestia and other Personals. Chihiro now-a-days gets caught up in training, and researching, and she doesn't have very much time with her friends, nonetheless the children.

{ TITLE } ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Character Name
Username
                      { Open/Reserved/Taken }

{ Gender } ★
                      { Age } ★
                      { Race } ★ { }★ Bio

★ Bio

{ TITLE } ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Character Name
Username
                      { Open/Reserved/Taken }

{ Gender } ★
                      { Age } ★
                      { Race } ★ { }★ Bio

★ Bio

{ TITLE } ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Character Name
Username
                      { Open/Reserved/Taken }

{ Gender } ★
                      { Age } ★
                      { Race } ★ { }★ Bio

★ Bio

{ TITLE } ★ ★ ★ • ★
Character Name
Username
                      { Open/Reserved/Taken }

{ Gender } ★
                      { Age } ★
                      { Race } ★ { }★ Bio

★ Bio

Proxy Sex Symbol

10,925 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Millionaire 200

O P E N R O L E S

Note: There can be an unlimited amount of Citizens, though I would like for it to be equal.

Netherworld Princess (two roles are open)
Netherworld Staff (guards, servants, etc.)
Netherworld Citizens?

Celestia King
Celestia Prince (two roles are open) [age 9-5]
Celestia Princess [age 9-5]
Celestia Staff (guards, servants, etc.?)
Celestia Citizens?

Proxy Sex Symbol

10,925 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Millionaire 200

B A N N E R S

{{I'm lonely! Make some banners!}}

Proxy Sex Symbol

10,925 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Millionaire 200

S O F A R

{{I am going to update this this in story mode}}

Proxy Sex Symbol

10,925 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Millionaire 200

Proxy Sex Symbol

10,925 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Millionaire 200

Proxy Sex Symbol

10,925 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Millionaire 200

Proxy Sex Symbol

10,925 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Millionaire 200

Proxy Sex Symbol

10,925 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Millionaire 200
((Just waiting on the others... then I can open this...))
((Opening post!

Yeah it's long and I don't care.))

Grey skies. Shifting rolls of soiled swarming restlessly overhead, the distant, ominous sound of charged air and threatening lightning.

The man sat there in the humidity, the occasional breath of hot wind disturbing the yellow dust that covered everything for miles, dug deeply into the lines of his face robbed of youth. His seat in the desolate wasteland naught but a pile of hurriedly gathered stones, the broken remains of a rapid-fire machine gun, a nearly dead breed of weapon, wedged under the largest and standing nearly straight as the thunderstorm approached. Draped over the rock which wedged the rifle in place, the tattered, soiled remains of a blue piece of fabric, a circle of small yellow stars the only decoration. His heavy fingers touched each star around in a circle, thinking back to a time when this flag had held a meaning, represented a nation, a coalition force.

Now? Just, yellow stars, blue background. The symbol meant less than the fabric it was printed on.

Finally the thunderstorm broke out overhead. Lightning raced itself across the sky, arcing and twisting through the boiling dome. No rain though, not like at home, a place he'd last seen years and years ago. It was perfect, really, his tour had ended the day the bombs fell on the capital, and for the first time in four years he'd been safer here than at home. Not that anywhere was safe now.

Nothin' safe, nothin' sure, nothin' real.

The thunderclaps disguised the sound of footsteps, flashes of light reflecting off of steel colored feathers and a black-hooded silver robe. The new arrival didn't stop the stare at the man with his flag, just continued walking until he was standing just to the human's right. There wasn't any conversation, just more lightning, more thunder.

"I didn't think anyone'd come." He said, realizing for the first time how dusty his voice sounded, how parched and dry.

"It takes us longer than it ought to. I'm sorry."

"For what? Bein' dead? ...That's what I am now, right?" No response from the hooded figure, not even a nod or a little shuffling of the feet to show it was human. Probably 'cause he wasn't. The soldier started laughing. "Was anyone hurt?" Again, silence. "C'mon, I gotta know."

"No you don't, not anymore."

"T-This's my grave, ain't it? Hahaaa... I'm dead..." He wanted to cry, he wanted to laugh, shout at the spirit watching him here and hug him at the same time. But it was like wrestling with smoke, he'd reach for the emotion and it'd just evaporate around his fingers. "Wait, I- I was Lutheran." He reached for his throat, but the chain was gone. Looking down at the rocks, maybe it was there? He tried to lift one up but then the angel moved, stilled his hand with a solid grip on his wrist.

"You've seen enough death."

"But what if I was wrong?"

"You weren't wrong."

"So I was right?"

"You weren't right."

"Then what am I?"

Levi paused, he didn't like this part but he was slowly growing used to it. Hiding a shallow breath, the angel stretched out his hand and carefully laid his palm down over the spirit's forehead, the silver medallion around his neck sparking with a bit of grace, the light shining up and just catching the red tips of his hair, the dulled cyan of his left eye...

"Dead."

... ... ...There. Done. Now it was the angel's turn to sit down on the grave mound and wait. Face in his hands, elbows on his knees, Levi was tired.

Proxy Sex Symbol

10,925 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Millionaire 200
T E R R A

User Image
      Terra was curled up by the fireplace in the castle, ignoring the cries of his little sisters to play with them as he flipped the page and scanned the article on Sarah Good. A brand-new, yet worn-out leather dictionary was pulled from under his arm as he came across a few words he stumbled on. The pages were crying out to the leather spine to stay in the book, but Terra's need to learn new words had him skimming through the book constantly.

"You finding that book alright?" a voice asked as Terra looked up to see his uncle. "Yeah, a little heavier than the last... But it's got a lot of good information." he replied fixing his glasses. "Like how Sarah Good was a wealthy land owner before the taxes were raised and that it was the government's fault that she was driven out of her own home."

"You really pay attention to that stuff..." Mao chuckled, playing with the orange phone for a moment before looking down at his nephew again. "Of course I do! I want to study humans very closely without having to get in contact with them." Terra told his uncle, standing up. Terra was half of Mao's height from fighting demons in The Pit frequently. "Fine, fine. Though, most days I wish you'd ask for a field trip." Mao sighed, "I guess it's understandable when the human world's completely in disarray like this. I bet a couple demons would cause another Apocalypse or something to that extent. Though, that does sound fun--"
      "Uncle!" Terra yelled out, "Enough about your weird fantasies. I'm trying to read."
      User Image

♡ † ♬
Ⓔⓛⓢⓔⓨ
♬ † ♡

User ImageUser Image

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø

Elsey had been asleep in the Celestia Courtyard, on the Brim Edges of the fountains. She normally hadn't fallen asleep at all, but this was different. All her worry about Levi returning again for a visit has stressed and tired her to the brim of ehr angelic life. All Elsey could do now is wait and try to stay busy...or else she'd go insane and be condemned in her Chambers again. And so, Elsey slept peacefully and silently on the fountains.

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø

User Image

Proxy Sex Symbol

10,925 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Millionaire 200
((question! WHAT was Elsey doing? You can elaborate on little things like that. Like tending to the gardens, etc.))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff