Welcome to Gaia! ::

This is a 'closed' RP. You must apply if you wish to join this storyline.

Accepting only 'Extreme Literate' members. This means that we want you to write good posts that read and flow like a story.

If you wish to join this RP, please visit the OOC thread. OOC Chat and discussion

If you wish to read the first part, please visit: Land of Tierra

If you wish to see an index of races and other aspects involved in this RP, please visit the bestiary: Index/Bestiary

======================================================================

Nearly a year has past since Ronan and his forces managed to defeat the Demon Lords and their legions. The war has officially been called the "Demon Lords War", but common people refer to it as "Ronan's War". Although peace had come to Tierra, after 15 years under King Thenakulus' rule as well as the war that nearly destroyed Tierra and the rest of the world, much of what was once a glorious kingdom was in terrible disorganization and disarray. Many of the border lookouts had been abandoned, now strongholds to thugs and bandits. The war had also significantly weakened the Tierran military might. In fact, most of Tierra was still in chaos, only the large cities and internal areas of the kingdom were stable, and mostly in thanks to Ronan.

With their new queen on the throne, many people turned to Thearah for leadership and guidance, but as time had progressed, so did her illness. She was a shadow of her former self when she had arrived in the Capital with Ronan's forces. Although she sat proudly on the throne of her ancestors, she was always very tired.

The Magus had taken on the brunt of the everyday tasks, leaving the queen to rest and heal as much as possible, but the condition was not getting any better. Even with the magical powers of the Dragons and Healers, they could not stop her illness from sapping her strength. The could only postpone it. Many people feared that if Thearah died, then another war would start. Most people were afraid that another war would spell the end of the great kingdom, and wanted to avoid that. Still, there were others who contested Thearah's right to rule, saying that although she did indeed come from royal blood, she was in no condition to sit on the throne demanding to accede her crown to someone more capable.

She, of course, refused. She knew that these people only wanted to crown for power. They would not help Tierra rebuild, nor would they strengthen their borders. She wanted to return Tierra to the glory it was when her father ruled, and she was doing it step by step.

The wind blew through the throne room, and Thearah felt the wind against her cheek. She smiled and looked up to see an old friend walk through the doors of the throne-room. He had changed so much since he had left Tierra so long ago. The Dragon Jerron. He had sent a letter a month ago saying that he would be returning to Tierra to speak with her.

He knelt, "It has been a while, my lady." He said gently. Even he could not hide his shock in seeing her. She was a shadow of her former self, yet Thearah noticed a glint in those eyes, not of sadness, but of boundless joy.

"Jerron. It is good to see you. How are you? And how is your daughter?" Thearah asked, smiling in return. Those eyes were intoxicating and addictive. She couldn't help but feel happy suddenly.

"We are fine. My daughter is... still not happy with me, but I am trying to be the father that she deserves. She is amazing. Strong. Like her mother." Jerron said, and stood up, "My lady, I have come here to tell you something incredible. Something unbelievable. Something that will change everything!"

Thearah waited for a moment, then asked, "What?"

"We have heard rumor that in Tathren there is a White Dragon living there."

This brought a stunned silence from everyone in the room. Shinsuke, who was now Thearah's advisor (and fiancé) placed his hand on her shoulder and smiled. Although he was blind, he could still see better than some who retained their vision.

"Is it true?"

"I don't have to remind you that the tears of a White Dragon are said to be able to cure anything. I wasn't alive when there were White Dragons before, but many of the Elders still talk about them. Talk about how they used to fly from place to place curing curses, and ailments, but that is all in the past now. We always thought that the White Dragons were killed off, but there are rumours of them still living hidden away on various continents. If Her Highness wishes, I can go and search for one and bring it back here! Or bring the tear back."

Thearah sighed, "I know you mean well Jerron, but... I..."

"What?" Jerron asked when she didn't continue for a long moment.

"Her illness is taking her life. She will not last long." Shinsuke said when Thearah could not speak. Thearah fought the tears back. She did not want to die.

"How long do I have? How long?" Jerron asked, his eyes on fire.

"We don't know." Thearah replied, "Lady Mallissa said that as long as I rest, I can prolong the illness, but it seems to be getting more aggressive."

"Well, then can I make a suggestion?" Jerron walked over to the large windows and stared outside towards the city. He was in his human form, changing to it when he had landed in the courtyard before his entrance into the throne room. He took a deep breath and looked at Thearah, "Come with me."

Thearah's eyes opened wide, "What?"

"Come with me. With us! My daughter, everyone! We can go to Tathren together and search for the White Dragon." Jerron said, his eyes twinkling and the sheer brilliance of it.

"But... but... my kingdom... my people..."

"Choose someone to rule in your stead. That way we can go and we don't have to rush back. Once the White Dragons' tears are in our possession, we can give it to your there, and that would cure your illness!"

Thearah paused, and thought about that. It was a good plan. It would save her life, but most of all, it would give her back the freedom she had when she was travelling with her friends. She smiled, "Oh, how I wish I could go."

"And why can't you? You're the queen! You can do it, if you so wished."

"But who will rule? While I am gone. None of the others are able to rule Tierra, and I'm afraid that there might be a revolution if I leave things as they are now. I am sorry, Jerron, but I cannot leave Tierra... not unless I leave it in the hands of someone I trust."

"Then what about Salacia?" Shunsuke asked.

Thearah turned to her beloved, "What? Salacia?"

"Think about it. She is your half-sister, she is healthy. She will not want to travel because of her young one, and Kharthik is one of your highest ranked officers in your military. If anyone is a good choice, it's her."

"But... but will she agree to it?

"Of course she does! If it's to save your life, I don't think she'll allow you to stay." Came a voice from the other end of the hall. Kharthik walked in, grinning from ear to ear. Ever since the war he had essentially become stuck in his human form. He had never once been seen in his Gargoyle form since those days.

"Then it is settled?"

"I... suppose so..."

"That is fantastic news! We will need to form a party, and gather the best and then get a ship and travel to Tathren!" Jerron turned to Thearah, "Any ideas on who we should bring along?"

Thearah grinned, "That, my friend, is something I do not need consultation over. Send word to Ronan, and the others. Tell them to hurry, please. I want to see them all again."

"Already done."

"What? When?"

"Two weeks ago, my lady. They should all be here at day now."

Thearah knew at that moment, she had been had. All was an act to get her to agree in coming with them. She could not help but feel blessed. She had such wonderful friends.
Evelyn, Alex, Dante hurry and get your things or I’ll leave without you.

Ronan turned from the staircase and headed back towards the kitchen. He wasn’t all surprised when he saw that the kitchen table was strewn with the remains of the dishes from breakfast. Shaking his head he proceeded to pick up the tableware and put it in a tub of warm water, all the while muttering to himself. He had already told them many a time to clean off their table spaces when they finished eating and yet this same scenario played itself out almost every day. He was going to have to actually sit them down and talk to them about this.

Well I suppose I can’t really blame them,” Ronan said to himself as he idly scrubbed at the dishes “they’ve grown up accustomed to this.

Three sets of feet on the stairs let him know that his children had finally gotten themselves together. Turning, he watched as they whizzed by in search of their school materials. Dante and Alex were looking for their mathematics textbook, no doubt hoping that somehow magically finished homework would be in the books pages. Evelyn on the other hand simply grabbed her books from the bookcase and looked on while her brothers moved cushions, chairs, and tables looking for their book.

Ronan wiped his hand on a towel lying next to the tub of water and reached up to the windowsill to grab his sons missing textbook. “It’s right here you two; next time don’t leave it on the floor.” He tossed the book to Alex, before grabbing his own belongings from beside the door. He stopped short of picking up his swords and looked at them thoughtfully. They’re just for protection, he thought to himself, no big fights, and no wars. We’re just going to go get medicine for Thearah and come back.

He grabbed his swords and slung them across his back while herding his children outside. He made sure to lock the door to their home before handing it to Evelyn. “I don’t know how long I’ll be gone so don’t lose that. If you do it’ll take at least a day for a locksmith to come here and you’ll be locked out until he arrives.

Evelyn sighed and rolled her eyes, and Ronan had to keep his eyebrow from twitching. She had been doing that a lot lately. Whenever she was told something she felt she knew, or whenever someone told her to do something that she felt wasn’t worth her time would elicit that slight tilt of the head, the rolling of the eyes, and the tired sigh. In her last letter to him Kiyoko had simply told him that she was reaching that age, and that it was normal. He could almost hear her laughing as he read the letter; no doubt she found his plight amusing. However, he trusted her advice seeing as how when it came to Evelyn, Ronan had no idea what to do as a parent. There were things that only a woman could teach a girl and he knew none of them so he relied on people like Kat, Kiyoko, Slyvianna, Lanna, Mallissa, and the rest of his female friends to teach Evelyn what he could not. Maybe she had picked up that sighing habit from one of them.

Don’t worry father. This won’t be the first time we’ve had to stay someplace by ourselves, we did that for a good twelve years before you found us.

That’s not fair Evelyn, you know as well as I that father had no idea we had survived that night. Otherwise he would have come to find us.” Alex gave his sister a hard stare. He was forever the voice of reason between the three of them. He had a good head on his shoulders and always tried to consider all the possibilities before making a judgment.

"I know that, I just want him to realize that we can take care of ourselves while he’s gone.

Dante moved to his side and pointedly looked at Evelyn, “Don’t pay her any mind father; she’s just peeved that her lover Ravan hasn’t sent her a letter in over a month. Mayhaps he’s found a pretty Litorian girl who doesn’t live so far away.

Evelyn’s eyes burned with rage as Dante’s taunt hit home. She stepped forward and Ronan could feel the magical energy gathering around her. Before it could go any further he stepped between the two of them and gave Evelyn a stern look. “How many times have I told you that you are not to fight with magic? And you Dante, stop goading your sister. Clearly this is a delicate matter for her and you should respect that. That aside I weren’t you turned down by the baker’s daughter only last week? I should think that you would be a bit more humble.

Dante made a stuttering noise as his mouth fell open and his eyes went wide. Ronan held up his hand to forestall any attempt at a reply. “Come now I have to Shift you all to the city; get inside the circle.” He gave each of his children a hug as they filed past him to stand in the circle that had been etched into the ground. The circle had actually been their idea. It was the focus point for all Shifting in the compound and had helped to reduce the chaos when the supplies to build the compound had been transported from the city.

Ronan concentrated on them for a few moments before they began to shimmer and drift in and out of focus. He returned the wave Dante gave him and then they were gone, transported to the schoolyard where no doubt their friends awaited them. Stepping into the circle himself he modified the destination of the Shift so that the Tierran castle was the landing point. Once again Ronan concentrated and in the blink of an eye his surroundings changed.

He now stood in one of the many gardens that dotted the capital; this particular one had been his favorite places to play when he was a child. He hadn’t been there in sometime, but was pleased to see that a majority of the plants and flowers had been replanted. The war had almost destroyed the garden, and even the groundskeepers had been doubtful about whether it would ever be restored to its former glory. But now, thanks to their efforts, the green of the grass was interspersed by bright splotches of yellow, red, purple, blue, and a whole host of other colors.

Ronan knelt down to pluck a rose from one of the many bushes that lined the edges of the walls; carefully grabbing it so as not to p***k himself. Thearah would probably enjoy it; from what he heard she was no longer able to go out and about as she once had. Then again neither could he. All hopes he had harbored of a quiet life with his children in the city had vanished almost a month after the war had ended.

Ever since the war Ronan had tried to stay out of the spotlight, with little success. His role in the Demon Lord’s War had made him into a national hero and he barely went a day without receiving a letter of thanks, or a challenge from an aspiring warrior wanting to test their strength against the Phoenix. Then there were the constant stream of young swordsmen and women seeking to become his apprentice. He had taken a few on, but quickly realized how bad an idea that had been. News had spread like wildfire that Ronan, the hero, was taking on apprentices. The deluge of people that had come to his door had been so great, Ronan had considered shifting his entire house.

Thankfully Thearah had heard of his plight and offered him a sizable parcel of land near the capital on which to build a house for his family, smaller homes for the apprentices, and a training compound. Although when the house had been finished it had looked more like a mansion than a house, much to the delight of the children.

His days had sunk into a monotonous routine that played out day after day after day. He would wake up and ready the triplets for school, and while they were getting ready he would fix breakfast. Then, once they had eaten and been sent off, he would go to the training compound where around thirty-three young men and women would already be waiting for him. Apparently they did morning exercises and other activities while he readied his children for school, something he was grateful for. The last thing he needed was a bunch of overeager apprentices hassling him while he dealt with his children. Gods knew they were more than enough to deal with by themselves.

The thought reminded him of Lirian and how she was faring. Ronan had convinced Thearah to let her stay in the castle after the war with the shadow, and she had graciously opened her doors to the former goddess. Lirian had been grateful, but not too long afterwards she became very reclusive, barely setting foot outside her room; let alone the wing of the castle she was in. Ronan assumed she was in some type of depression, and this was her way of working through it. He could only imagine what she must be going through, losing her godhood, being suddenly made mortal, forever cut off from her family. Hers was truly a miserable fate

As he walked through the garden Ronan idly twirled the rose in his hand. His feet automatically guided him to the exit, no doubt due to his memories from his time here. Maybe I will go pay a visit to her, Ronan thought to himself. I still have sometime before I must meet with Jerron.
In the southern quarter, near the Southern Gate, the 'Phoenix Pub' stood. It was a pub named after Tierra's hero, and surprisingly it was really not that popular a spot. Being as such, the people who frequented there were those that wanted to avoid attention and large crowds. However, more surprising was the owner of this new pub. Gregalt watched his patrons drink and missed his old pub back in Khallis. The city was 'off-limits' to civilians, as it was still infested with Shadow-insects, and other undesirables from the First and Second Khallisian wars. It was taking a long time to purge the city, especially the tunnels. The expansive tunnels underneath Heaven's Walkway, the tallest mountain range in Tierra, were home to those beings that thrived in the darkness.

A familiar face walked in. Gregalt nodded at the visitor and offered him a seat in front of him. The knight sat down and removed his helm and took a deep sigh before smiling as Gregalt poured him a pint of the house regular. The knight essentially inhaled the entire mug before slamming it down letting out a small gasp of ecstasy, "Long day, lad?"

"You have no idea! Who knew that peace time could be so much work?" Archon said, and shook his head, "There's so much to be done still. The walls are almost repaired, and the Gateways are still secure, but according to reports the Southern Borders against the Verrick are on shaky ground. I've heard that there have been incursions by the Verrick into Tierran lands. Luckily Ekimal's forces are there, I would hate to cross them."

"Don't the Verrick realize the we have the Phoenix on our side?" Gregalt said, pouring a second mug.

"I've been wondering that too. I mean, yes, it's been a year since Ronan has shown his powers, but I mean, he defeated a Demon Lord... and also carries the Fire Seal! Come on! You would have to be a fool to wage a war with the Phoenix and the Lightning Seal. I mean, he's running around with Ekimal, although from what I hear he constantly gets on his nerves."

"From what I hear, he can't keep his hands to himself." Gregalt laughed and placed the refilled mug on the counter.

Archon nodded and this time took a long sip, "You've got that right. If he sees a pretty lady, he just can't help himself. I heard that Kessa beat him up with Earth magic a while ago after he 'accidentally' put his hand where it didn't belong."

The both laughed together. They had some good memories. "It's a sad thing that everyone is so busy these days. I rarely see anyone I recognize here anymore. Ronan hardly ever steps foot in his area, let alone in my pub."

"Well... he's got a family now. He's really trying to bring those children up and make up for lost time. I commend him for that. Takes courage to raise children. Still, his children are mostly independent, but I'm sure they're happy."

"Aye. I would have to agree with you..." Gregalt said and looked up and smiled at the next person who entered.

"Oh, hello, Archon. I didn't expect to see you here." Garrett smiled as he entered the pub and took a place next to the knight, "How's it going overseeing Tierra's infrastructure."

"Tiring. We have finished the walls, though. It's a start. Finally, you could say, it's almost been a year." Archon said and took another sip.

"Well, there was significant damage through much of the Western area, thanks to the battle that took place there. Still, it's amazing that you managed to construct homes as quickly as you did for the survivors. I'm sure they were grateful."

"That was Queen Thearah's doing. She ordered that the homes of her people to be reconstructed first before the walls. Not a very smart thing to do when your enemy managed to breach them, but I suppose it was for the best in the end. The enemy never was able to reach as far south as the walls, thanks to Carfred."

Gregalt nodded, he was also surprised when Thearah insisted that the people's homes be built first. He would not have done that. He would have built the walls first to ensure defences were optimal, but with the most powerful people on your side, I guess she chose wisely in the end.

Gregalt placed a drink in front of Garrett who nodded in thanks and took a sip, "How is Carfred?" He asked.

"Good. The Cradle is still under their control, and the Shadows haven't really tried to take it. I guess their forces are too depleted from their attack here. Even after a year, we hardly ever see a large army moving beyond the Shadowland borders anymore. From what I hear, they get a lot of action on the seas, though. Apparently the Shadow Ships are still as numerous and powerful as they always were."

"So... how did it go?" Gregalt asked suddenly.

Archon's face exploded in red, as he blushed furiously. "I... I... haven't... done it..."

"What What do you mean you haven't done it? It's been almost a year since you two started being together, and after your talk about this and that, you've not done it? I'll never understand you young people." Gregalt muttered.

"It's not that... it's just... what if she says no? I don't think I can take that kind of rejection. I am... I just..."

Gregalt laughed silently, he enjoyed how embarrassed Archon always got when this topic was brought up.

"You really believe that she'll say no? After all this time? I think she's getting annoyed that you haven't asked her yet." Gregalt replied.

Archon just sat there with his mouth half open, his face the color of red roses. The didn't notice Lysander walk in, "Hey, barkeep, I'll have a mug of the usual." He said, as he sat next to Garrett.

"Coming right up."

"I just.. it's just that... I am frightened about she rejecting me."

"You're an idiot. Really. Truly." Garrett replied, and shook his head, "I wouldn't hesitate to ask if she was in love with me."

"Kat?" Lysander asked, "You still haven't asked her? It's been nearly a month!"

"I know! I know! Don't have to remind me..." Archon exclaimed, pouting a little bit.

"You spend half of your pay on an Armatis stone with Mithril band, a jewel that would be more suited for a Queen, and you still haven't bothered to ask? What the are you waiting for?"

"Well... I've still got to ask her brother if it's okay." Archon said stupidly.

"Wait. Are you asking Kat to marry you, or her brother?"

"Kat of course!" Archon barked back.

"Then grow a pair, and go out there and ask her!" Lysander shouted back, "Young men today really have no pair between their legs."

Both Garrett and Gregalt were laughing to themselves when a messenger arrived, "Sir Lysander, Sir Gregalt, and General Archon, Her Majesty to the Queen of Tierra, wishes to see you all at once." He said and bowed low, "We have Mages outside who will teleport you directly to the palace."

"Well boys, looks like playtime's over. Looks like Jerron's arrived. I will see you all next time." Gregalt said as the other three got up to leave, "Oh, and good luck, Archon. Again. I hope you propose to her soon. I'm getting tired of hearing Lysander telling you off."

Archon just blushed and waved as he walked outside the pub. Garrett placed some coin on the table, and despite his protests, left it there for Gregalt, "You have a business to run, friend. Don't keep spoiling us by giving us free drinks."

"Speak for yourself. Barkeep, anytime you want to treat me, I'll welcome it."

"If I treated you, Oretgan, I'd have no business left."

Lysander barked out a hearty laugh and soon left the pub with Garrett close behind. Yes, it was really quiet in Tierra, as long as you weren't in love. He heard the familiar 'whooshing' sound of the Teleport spell being used and then they were gone.

=======================================

"So, how is she?" Carfred asked.

"Fine." Laenalith replied, and smiled at Carfred. The general had been keeping the enemy back for the better part of a year now. In the beginning there was some attempt at rebuilding Oretega, but in the end, most Oretegans decided to re-enlist and serve as normal units within Queen Thearah's new reign. Most were given senior position, and many others had followed Ekimal to the southern lands to help secure Tierra's expansive borders.

"I was surprised that she came with us instead of remaining with her friend in Tierra. I thought that they'd stick together."

"I had that impression as well," Laenalith replied. "But Kat has other... priorities."

"I heard that Archon spent a fortune getting a ring made. Nearly half of what he was gifted by the Queen herself."

"Please don't remind me. It only makes me jealous! Why can't I find someone who will give me a jewel like that!" Laenalith said, and began to pretend to cry.

"I would..." Carfred said looking away.

"No thanks."

"Meanie!" Carfred retorted, and they both laughed.

"Still, it's surprising how peaceful it is. With the exception of thoe pain-in-the-asses coming across the borders, but they've been terrible and disorganized, so it hasn't been much of a threat."

"Then why don't you go with the others, then?" Carfred asked, "Why not travel to Tathren."

"I can't leave you alone, old man. You need someone here to help you walk."

Carfred laughed, "Seriously, Lae. You should go. And take Aio with you. You're useless here. All we do is wait. Wait, wait, wait. And even if they do attack, our mages shred them before they can touch the walls." He pointed towards Tierra, "I really wish for you to go."

"Why don't you go as well?" Laenalith asked in the silence that followed.

"Are you kidding? I just managed to escape from a prison sentence that was supposed to last for eternity, and I get to live in my homeland. I don't want to go anywhere for a long, long time. But I know you, Lae. You'll be bored to death here."

"Maybe you're right. I'd have to talk with Aio about it, but I'm sure she'll be fine with it." Laenalith smiled, "Thank you."

"What for?"

"Knocking some sense into me."

"It's what I do." Carfred said and stared northwards watching for any enemy movement.

=====================================

"Hurry! Hurry!" Sumaria was practically running now. The large Southern Gate loomed over in front of them. They had taken the Gateway from New Haven, where King Ravan has seen them off a few hours before. He had given his sister, Yuri, a letter to Ronan's daughter, Evelyn.

"Slow down, Lady Ria, Ronan will be there. He's not going to disappear on you." Killian said, he had taken a liking to Tierra, and had decided to stay in New Haven working as a captain of a trade-ship. The 'Water Fox'. He was proud of the name, although he did admit it was a little ridiculous. Still, he had been a pirate, and he was more comfortable with a small, swift ship, than one of the huge cargo frigates that made up the significant brunt of the Tierran fleet.

"I know. But, it's just that I haven't seen him in so long... I wonder if he remembers me." She said, biting her knuckles.

"Weren't you with him a week ago?" Killian asked.

Sumaria smiled, "That's a long time to be apart from the man I love."

Killian rolled his eyes.

"We must hurry. I must deliver this letter to Evelyn. She is expecting it from my brother." Yuri said, sheer determination on her face.

"There will be Mages inside the walls waiting to Teleport us to the palace. Just relax. We'll be inside the gates soon." Killian replied exasperated. He felt like a nanny taking care of two really big, noisy children. Even their guards felt sorry for him, but found it hard to hide their grins.
A year had passed since the war of the demon lords. Many scars left behind in the city of Tierra and the rest of the lands. Even so it calmed down a little, there were always moments of small troubles at the borders here and there. Letting people know that it would take a very long time before the lands would fully calmed down and being rebuild.

In the year of resting Yoru had found a lovely home to live in with Malek. Room enough for her, him and there young baby’s. She had given birth to twins. A heavy labor, but a good one.
The twins where sons of Yoru and Malek named Morik and Jarian. They were absolutely identical. Having the eyes of their father and the tiger markings of their mother, even though they showed a lot more human features then kilarthi features. Though they did had lovely tiger tails.

Their home had a lovely living room with a large kitchen and a spare sitting room and the ground floor. The first floor had the large bathroom, the king bedroom of Malek and Yoru and a playroom for the twins while on the second floor their bedrooms where situated.

The front of the house was immediately connected to the road, but behind the house there was a large garden in which the twins could safely play, already taking their first steps and leaps as there kilarthi blood made them faster walkers then normal humans.

Ever since the two were born Yoru had been taking care of the house, the children, cooking and many other chores as most women did. But she did somehow missed the traveling and following her loved one everywhere. It made her sometimes sat to sit at home and unable to leave, but whenever she looked over to her children she would forget her sadness and a huge smile came upon her face. Loving every single moment she was spending with her children.

Feanyth on the other hand was a different story. Ever since the passing of the war and the death of her loved one Tap she never had been the same, neither has she ever returned to the lands of Tierra. None knew where she was except for herself.

Last time she was seen at the very spot where Tap had died. Just after the ending of the war. Everyone was there, but she never returned back from that spot to follow her friends. She had paid her debt and was now on her own quest.

A quest to find out a way to safe Tap from the nothingness he had been placed in. Incapable to go on his final journey. A quest she would finish, even it would be the last thing she’d every do.
One year. One long, hard year. A year of endless fighting. Ekimal thought to himself as he rode on the right side of Raitei through the Southern Gate of the capital of Tierra. He thought back to the last time he had rode through the gates of the city.

It was the seventh day after Ronan had achieved victory for the kingdom. Koll had gathered their remaining forces (only around four hundred of his men had survived) while Yavane oversaw the gathering of supplies and Will healed. While they readied themselves, however, many others had volunteered to join Ekimal’s forces. His forces swelled to over a thousand, and he felt some relief.

Though, if he had known how great of a fighter Raitei was, he wouldn’t have worried as much. The strange warrior was on par with Ekimal, and if it wasn’t for the lightening seal, Ekimal would not hesitate on challenging him to a dual.

After the week had passed, Ekimal felt that his unit was ready. He had already explained his plans to Ronan, Thearah, and the others. He had left that day, and had not returned since.
First, Ekimal lead his men east, to rebuild Ortega and secure that border. He expected little resistance and found less. Many had followed his forces to help rebuild the city, but he found many among them willing to fight. He decided to leave Will and Yavane there to oversee the rebuilding of the city and turned his men south. He had received reports of Verrick attempting to cross into Tierran lands.

Ekimal had spent all of his time at the southern border for the next year. The proud Verrick people had put up a stubborn resistance. By the time they had reached their destination, scouts had reported of a small force of Verrick firmly established within Tierran lands.
By this time, Ekimal had been thoroughly annoyed by Raitei’s actions. However, his view of the Aelfborn changed after the battle. If it hadn’t been for him, Ekimal would have lost more than his left eye.

That battle had ended in victory for the Tierrans, though it was hard-earned. They had lost a quarter of their forces in the first battle. For the rest of the year, he kept the Verrick at bay on the southern border.

And two weeks ago, he received word from Jerron, the dragon, asking him and Raitei to return to the capital to embark on a mission that just may restore the health of the queen Thearah. Ekimal never dabbled in politics, but there were few who knew more about war than he did. He knew that there were many who would see themselves on the throne, and he had every intention of keeping the potential usurpers at bay after he had secured the borders.

Ekimal turned to Raitei. He had been away from the capital just as long as Ekimal had, for the knight had no intention of letting him out of his now diminished sight once he had learned more about the warrior. Looking forward again, he tightened the strip of leather that covered his left eye socket and tied back his long hair. On the field, he had little time to wash, though he had made sure to keep his armor clean of rust and blood. He would look presentable for the queen.

Ekimal began to wonder who else would be going to Tathren in search of the legendary white dragon. Ronan and Jerron of course, but who else? “It’s been a while,” Ekimal said aloud as the two entered the city. “Things seem to be coming back together quite well.”
It had been one whole year since those fateful events in the Capital of Tierra, during that time the aelfborn warrior fought side by side with Ekimal protecting the borders. It truly surprised him how much fighting there still was to be done, even after they had achieved so much. As he rode with Ekimal through the gates of the capital city Raitei had two thoughts go through his head, the first one was that he felt REALLY uncomfortable riding a horse and the second thought was why the hell he had to come back. Even though the fighting was fierce on the border towns the party times were just as explosive. Thinking back to the events of the last year Raitei could not honestly recall how many times he had been slapped or had been successful in achieving "sexy time". As he thought deeply on this he began to giggle softly, like a small child realizing he had gotten away with something he shouldn't have.

The further and further he thought back he soon came to the memory of some girl called Kessa beating him using magic, this made Raitei slightly sulky as he remembered that night. Judging from her sexy squeal and the way she flashed him a smile the Aelfborn certainly took it as if she enjoyed where his hands travelled. Frowning slightly Raitei realized that he may have been very drunk that night and those events in his head were probably not true. "I will have to spank that girl one day..." mumbled Raitei to himself as he continued to ride with Ekimal.

Turning to his comrade Raitei was curious on the story behind this Knight, they both didn't really talk about each others past. The battles they fought on the borders spoke volumes about the true nature of each of them. Raitei saw that Ekimal was truly a powerful knight, worthy of respect and admiration...though the only thing that Raitei found annoying about the Knight was that he was way too stuck up sometimes. Sexy time should be enjoyed and shared, well that was his opinion anyway. But regardless of that Raitei greatly respected Ekimal and found him to be very similar to his trusted lieutenant Kyo back on Aerynth...though Kyo actually drank with him and did shenanigans. Raitei swore to himself that Ekimal must get involved with more shenanigans or else something boring might occur.

As they closed in on their destination Ekimal gave him a sidelong glance and Raitei's face soured slightly. He knew EXACTLY what Ekimal was thinking. That b*****d isn't going to let me have any fun here... thought the blademaster glumly as he looked around the capital, he honestly had never seen Tierra rebuilt, the last time he was here it was a smoking battlefield. Now he realised it was something worth protecting. Hearing Ekimal say something Raitei simply responded by saying, "Yeah it has been a while, its nice to see that every-" The aelfborn was cut off when he saw a rather beautiful looking lady on the sidewalk. Wheeling his horse towards her Raitei lowered his hood and shook his head slightly...allowing the light to strike his features at the right moment. Unlike humans Raitei never really grew a beard or his hair never changed, he had an immortal quality to his looks. Giving the lady his most charming of smiles Raitei said, "My princess is it really safe for you to be outdoors without an escort?" The woman totally caught off guard giggled slightly at the comment. But before Raitei could do anymore he felt...the cold stare of Ekimal on his back. Laughing softly Raitei told the woman, "I will see you later..."

Going back towards Ekimal Raitei said with an annoyed tone, "I know I am supposed to be on my best behaviour, you don't have to wreck my mojo by giving me that weird a** stare of yours." Though his tone was annoyed Raitei simply smiled at the man he now called a friend. Laughing slightly Raitei motioned him forward saying, "Lead on!" All he could do was follow orders for now, its not like he would be allowed to do anything else. From experience he would know that should he deviate from the path he would be reprimanded...and from that experience he knew he would not like it.

Bashful Star

The door to 'The Purple Egg Inn' opened with a slam, and in walked November, one foot well ahead of the other and carrying the last couple of boxes left to be moved in her arms.
"Demi!" She shouted, as she set the box on the clean stone counter of the reception. Wax was lying against the desk, stretched lazily and napping, and raised his head to yawn in irritation at his friend.

'Why must you always be so loud? She's mute, my love, not deaf.' And the great white warlion rested his head back on his paws, and his eyes slid closed again. Before November had a chance to respond, a small girl-creature dressed in a rough, white cotton dress popped out from the staircase, her slippers hardly making any noise against the wooden floors and her musty insect wings buzzing behind her contently. She smiled brightly up at November and skipped over to where the boxes had been set.

"That's the last of the moving boxes. I locked up the house and gave the key to it's new owners. And I picked up the papers on the way here. You are now officially the owner and proprietor of the Egg." And with that little spiel, November dropped a set of keys into Demi's small palms.

----

It was odd, that November had not moved on from Tierra in so long. It had been almost a year since she and Wax, her WarLion had first come to the capital in order to join the fight against Thenakulus, the Usurper of the Tierran throne. And it had been almost a year since they had met Demi, not further than a few paces from the threshold of her new inn, healing the civilians that had helped subdue the Usurper's forces. They had both fought hard in the last battle to retake Tierra, and had become fast friends and comrades during this time, despite Demi's inability to speak at all.
And though November continued to warn the little Aelotoi that she would be moving on with Wax very soon, to continue her nomadic life, they never had. Each had always found an excuse to stay. The latest being in order to help Demi move out of her musty old home and into 'The Purple Egg Inn', a quaint little hotel and bar that Demi had built, with help from November, Wax, her parents, and some other good-natured locals.

---

"Dear, where did you say you wanted the table?" Came another call from upstairs, making Demi spin halfway around to face the stairs. Demi's mother, a short, plump, red-faced woman, popped her head out from behind the wall. "Hello, November. Do come help, will you? Keni and I aren't as young or spritely as we used to be," she panted. Her mousy brown hair hung in messy strands about her face, proof that she hadn't been idling about.

With a smile and a nod, Demi grabbed a box from the reception, and November grabbed the other, and both hurried up the stairs, eager to finish putting together Demi's room. Once that was finished, the Egg would be ready for its first guests, an exciting prospect for Demi, and yet another excuse for November and Wax to stay with their new friend for as long as possible.

"Oh, girls! Keep an eye on the floor will ye? Jasper, that mangy rabbit, keeps getting underfoot." Demi's father, Keni was a rather wiry old man, despite the suggestions of his deep, powerful voice. His white hair, thinning on the very top, was whispy and out of place, and he spoke around his favorite pipe, which he was lighting just now as he leaned back into Demi's rocking chair. A thin film of sweat gleamed on his brow - he'd managed to set the bed, shelves, and closet in place, as well as drag Demi's little old writing desk up the flight of steps without tripping over Demi's troublesome pet.

The little Aelotoi smiled fondly at her father before directing November into which corner she needed the table to be moved. And together, they got the final piece of furniture in place. Jasper, little, black and long-haired leapt into the room, stared around once balefully, as if disappointed they'd finished without one last shenanigan, then plopped himself down on his side.

"Aw, well look at poor Jasper. Did all the work around the room today, didn't he? For him to be quite so tired!" Keni joked. If little black bunnies could agree, Jasper certainly seemed to. He tilted his ears forward attentively at the sound of Keni's deep voice.
Everyone just laughed.
Malek, the Iron Seal, stood on top of the tower that overlooked the city. It was certainly changed. The construction had gone very well. He had been gone a few days, to Khallis to assist with helping the soldiers there deal with the tunnels. He returned now because of Jerron's arrival. He received word that morning that the Dragon had returned to Tierra and was now commencing his plan. Although he wanted to go with the others on this adventure, he was no longer a single person. He had a family, and a wife to take care of. He knew that if his Queen, since he swore allegiance to the Crown, ordered him to, then he would follow, but Yoru was free from that oath. And he did not want to put his children in any danger. Just thinking of it made Malek sick. Yet, Yoru was a renowned tracker. She proved herself during Khallis, and even when things got tough in the Shadowlands. She was a vital piece to the expedition Jerron had proposed.

"What's the matter, big guy?" Came a voice from behind him.

Malek turned and saw Kessa there. She was clad in a tiny dress, her bright green eyes staring at him, "It's this new mission. I don't know what to do."

"You don't want to leave your wife and babies? Or you don't want your wife to leave you and your babies." Kessa giggled.

"Yoru will have to go. I want to go as well, but I can't leave the children alone. Yes, they are now big enough to walk, and they are growing a lot faster than fully human children, but we can't bring them to Tathren."

"Why not? I thought that Tathren and Tierra were still in good terms."

"Not all Kingdoms in Tathren are on good terms with Tierra. Not all Elves love humans. And many dislike half-breeds. It's their closed societies. Why do you think there are so many Elves here in Tierra? They want to get away from that oppressive society."

"Too many women." Kessa barked back and laughed at her own joke.

Malek smirked and shook his head, "So, I'm stuck. Don't know really what to do. My best guess is that I'll have to stay while Yoru goes."

"I'm sure you'll figure it out." Kessa suddenly shivered and her eyes narrowed.

"What's wrong?"

"He's back. That damned idiot." Kessa said glaring towards the Southern Gate.

"Hm, southwards, eh? Well, I can sense Ekimal and... Raitei. I'm guessing you're talking about Raitei?"

Kessa didn't reply to that. "I'll see you at the palace. I'm going to put on a pair of pants."

"I thought you liked that kind of thing." Malek asked.

"Not when he uses lightning." Kessa retorted, and was gone in the next moment, using Wind Teleportation.

"I really don't want to know." Malek muttered to himself, before open a rift and Shifting towards his home.

======================

Leon, the Cheetamn, walked into the 'Purple Egg Inn'. He was dressed in his 'messenger' outfit, which he found both uncomfortable, and chaffing around the nether regions. He kept wanted to strip it off and run free, but he knew that it would not be very polite in civil society. He had been promoted due to his heroic efforts during the battle, running between points in order to relay orders, and sometimes running through the enemy ranks to deliver the orders.

He approached the reception and removed his hat, "Hello, my name is Leon. I am here to deliver a message to the Shield Bearer. She is requested by Her Majesty, on her behalf, to attend a meeting. All the Seals are requested to be present." He then bowed formally and presented the letter, showing off the official seal of the Crown of Tierra.

Bashful Star

"Well, by the Queen herself, is it?" Karrie, Demi's mother, raised her eyebrows and looked at her daughter. Demi accepted the note with wide eyes... what on earth was this about? Since last year, so many had been calling her 'Shield Bearer' that it had become almost a second name. So it wasn't the title that took her by surprise, but rather, the summons.

"Let me see." November leaped up from the table she'd been 'checking for comfort', and was at Demi's side in two easy strides.
"Thank you very much, dear." Karrie smiled kindly at the Cheetamn, a tip for him in one hand and a plate of freshly baked cookies in the other. "Go on and have one, before you go. Let me know if they're tasty. New recipe."

Demi stared for a minute at the letter, confusion written all over her face. Her wings hummed quietly behind her, and her father stood from his chair behind the counter to join the two girls in staring in surprised curiosity at the letter. Even Wax woke up from his lazy napping to see the official royal summons.

Demi had been recognized less than a week after the battle for Tierra as a Secondary Seal, and a small amount of fuss was made by the Queen and other politicians to have her introduced properly at court... But Demi wasn't much for formal to-dos. She attended what she felt she had to, and avoided the rest, and the hubbub about her had died quite fast. Less than a month later, she was just Demi the Healer again. And 'Shield Bearer' on the occasion someone remembered or recognized her.

"Well... Open it!" November urged, almost ready to take the letter out of Demi's hands and open it herself. So the Aelotoi tore open the envelope to read what was inside. It was written elegantly, with a smooth hand, but was bare of any information aside from what the Cheetamn messenger had already offered them.

Disappointed, Demi shrugged. Her father grumbled and sat back in his chair, but Wax and November only leaned against the reception desk, frowning at the letter and wondering what it meant. Demi only put the letter back in the envelope and folded it into her pocket.

"So that's it? No information whatsoever? Just 'come here, please?"

Demi shrugged again at her friend, then signed for her to please watch out for her parents while she was away. November agreed, still frowning, while the little moth-girl took her summer cloak from the hook and threw it around her shoulders. Then, she took a cookie from her mother's plate before kissing her cheek and trotting out the door, waving as she walked out.

It didn't take long for Demi to arrive at the palace. Her inn wasn't very far, and she was a quick walker when she liked. So less than half an hour after her departure, she was already standing at the gate, smiling cheerfully at the guards and showing them the seal on the letter's envelope, unable to communicate in any other way that her presence was requested.
Ronan had taken a quick stroll through the town on his way to the castle. He had stopped briefly by the Phoenix Pub to catch up with Gregalt. They had chatted briefly before Ronan had gone on his way. Upon arriving at the gates the guards had immediately stood to attention and let him through. Ronan had shaken his head at this; he still wasn't used to the pedestal the people of Tierra had placed him on.

Upon his arrival at the actual castle he had been shown into one of the waiting rooms reserved for important guests. The guards had said that they would soon take him to the throne room once their other duties had been attended to. After that he had taken a book from one of the tall bookshelves against the far wall and settled plush cushions of one of the chairs in the room. Unbeknownst to a lot of people, Ronan was an avid reader and he loved nothing more than getting lost in a good story.

Before he had become the stuff of legends Ronan had loved to read about the feats of the Gods, Seraphim, and heroes of old. Even now, despite being almost overwhelmed with training the apprentices and looking after his children, Ronan had found time to read a novel or two. He kept an eye on the grandfather clock that was situated on the opposite wall; if the guards didn't come to retrieve him in the next ten minutes then he would go to the throne room himself. Certainly that's where everyone would gather eventually anyway.
~~Yoru Mayosh~~

Yoru had received word of the new mission Jerron had thought of and knew that many where reaction to his call. After all she could sense Ronan and Rasarai arriving in the Capital as well.

Worried about it all she looked over to her two sons, wondering what to do, and off course her husband Malek was in her mind. She needed to talk to him first. He would know.

Working in the kitchen to make a large pot of meat stove with boiled potatoes and a lovely warm salad she turned around, sensing Malek arriving. Somehow in the past year she started senses Malek better, even whenever he was shifting. She could feel where he would arrive.

The moment Malek arrived she was leaping already at him and wrapped her arms around his neck in the usual greeting she always performed. Giving him a kiss on the lips and meowing.
Soon there sons joined them and hugged the large legs of their father, smiling happy and bouncing up and down, knowing that before dinner the small play hour would start.

Meowing she slowly let herself slide down on her feet and looked up to Malek with a serious face, knowing that she will have to go into the discussion with him about what to do, and what not.

Looking down at the kids, she knew that first they would have to play, eat supper and then being moved to bed. When they where sleeping, Malek and she would talk.
Ekimal shook his head and allowed himself a small grin as Raitei pursued some lady on the street. He’ll never change. However, the warrior quickly returned and the two continued their journey. “Don’t worry, we’re almost there,” Ekimal told his friend. “And I’ll relax more now that we’re not constantly waiting for another battle.” Though I know not how this journey will turn out.

The knight looked around the city and marveled how far along the city had come. Though he could still see the scars of battle, they would soon heal over. He wondered briefly how the others were fairing. Ronan, Jerron, Feanyth, Kioyoko, Thearah, Rio, and all the others flashed through his mind.

“Come on, I don’t want the others to start without us,” Ekimal said, urging his steed into a faster walk. “And who knows? There may be some drinking going on tonight. It is a reunion, after all.”
A guard walked into the chamber where Ronan was located. Behind him was a small timid Aelotoi. The guard bowed formally in the Tierran fashion, with his fist against his chest, "My Lord Phoenix, the Queen is asking for you right away." He stated, and lead the way down the corridor to a large wooden door. Once opened, the inside was a large oval table, at the head was Thearah listening to Jerron and Shunsuke. As soon as she saw Ronan, her smile brightened instantly. She made to stand, but was grateful when Ronan instead came to her and Thearah gave him a welcome hug, much to the horror of the guard. Shunsuke nodded for the guard to leave and he left.

"Thank you for coming, Ronan. And Demi, it is also good to see you again as well. I must apologize for the sudden letter of summons, but Jerron insisted that it's important that all the Seals be present for this." Thearah the made a hand motion to the chair next to her for Ronan and Demi to take their places there.

"The others will start coming now." Shunsuke stated, and as in on cue, Garrett, Lysander and Archon walked in. They all paid their respects to the Queen and then to Ronan, greeting each other with smiles.

"It is good to see you are alive and well, Lord Ronan." Archon bowed low to the Phoenix.

Dall walked in a few minutes later, behind him was a stranger dressed in even stranger clothing. He looked around, and seemed surprised with everything he saw. He looked at Thearah and as Dall bowed, he followed, copying the knight. Before they could say anything though, the doors opened again and through them came the Mysyrian Knight, Damaan. That brought a few raised eyebrows from the people around the table.

Kharthik was next with Salacia in his arms. They had left their child back in their section of the castle, as they lived in the Palace with Thearah. With them came Lirian. She averted her eyes instantly when she saw Ronan, and her face blanched.

"I don't think she's quite forgiven herself for what happened..." Shunsuke whispered in Ronan's ear.

Next entered Killian, Yuri and Sumaria, who made a beeline for Ronan and instantly threw herself on him. Right on their heals came Malek, and Yoru. They had Shifted outside the palace. They had placed their young ones in bed for a nap, Malek knew that they had around 2 hours before they'd wake up, but they had some maidservants at home just in case as well.

"Who is left?"

Magus Urr entered with a huge stack of papers in his arms, followed by Sylvianna. The Magus looked rather annoyed, and Sylvianna eyes were alight with rage. Something was definitely going on.

"We'll wait a few more minutes to let the others arrive."
Raitei could not help but laugh at Ekimals reaction to his shenanigans, it seemed that this Knight really was his type of guy. The more he showed his humorous side the more Ekimal reminded Raitei of his old friend Kyo. I must get him drunk... thought the aelfborn as he began to recall the silly times he had with his most trusted lieutenant. It wasn't long before Raitei began to remember the time when he was roaring drunk in the Deloth Empire capital, to summarise the story Raitei and his band of merry men ended up in a bar fight with the entire city militia, the same elven militia that was supposed to defend the city from attack...and they beat them stark naked. Raitei couldn't remember why he was naked that night, though the aelfborn did remember it was a damn cold night...which was unusual in the summer night in which he fought...or was it winter?

As he mulled over the finer details of that naked adventure of his they finally reached the gates, the guard raised his hand to stop them and said, "Welcome we have been expe-" It wasn't long before Raitei launched off his horse and grabbed the man by the collar screaming, "DO YOU NOT KNOW WHO THIS MAN IS!! THIS IS GENERAL EKIMAL! KNOW YOUR RANK SOLDIER!" The guard, totally shaken by the experience saluted Ekimal lamely stuttering, "S-sorry s-sir, I mean G-general Ekimal. We h-ha-" Once more the guard was cut off, this time by a solid punch from Raitei, grabbing the now unconscious man by the collar Raitei shouted, "HOW DARE YOU FORGET TO ADDRESS ME! KNAVE I CHALLENGE YOU TO A DUEL! ON GUARD!" Letting the man go Raitei stood there with his fists in a boxing position ready to fight, of course the man was now knocked out and could do nothing in his defense. Lowering his hands the green armored blademaster puffed his chest and said, "The poor man fainted at the sight of my awesomeness! Ah it could not be helped, these city guards are weak fodder compared to the company we share right Ekimal!" Kicking the man aside Raitei forcibly entered the castle hoping that Ekimal would follow.

It was safe to say that Raitei's entrance was...rather loud, every guard he encountered the aelfborn either screamed at him and drove the man running away in fear...or he was knocked out by one of Raitei's 'I challenge you to a duel' punch. When they FINALLY reached the room where the others were gathered Raitei raised his hand to stop Ekimal. "Sir Ekimal...let me enter this room first...there is someone in here, a foe I must defeat." Raitei's eyes were like steel, his breathing slow and steady as if he was focusing on something. It was as if the blademaster was about to enter a duel with a most hated foe. Then...in one quick motion Raitei entered the room. His movement was beautiful, like fluid grace he walked towards them mustering every ounce of awesome he could release. The aelfborn made sure he was in the proper light when he struck each powerful pose of grace and manliness. His smile was charming yet coy, a small hint of naughtiness with a touch of rugged charm. Though this wasn't the end of the 'duel'. When he finally reached the center of the room he struck a powerful pose, his hands by his side Raitei puffed his chest out and used his lightning powers to not only make him shine slightly but to unbutton his shirt. In one glorious move Raitei's armored vest came undone revealing his perfect body. Though tattooed the aelfborns body was that of one who had spent the year training and fighting, it was a body that would make any peasant girl weak at the knees and many war veterans grimace with jealousy.

Silently he stood there, confident with his pose and awesomeness. In his mind he remembered his training for this moment. All the times between the battles and parties, Raitei would practice this choreographed move in the surrounding wilderness. He remembered the heartache as he stumbled and failed. Tears of sorrow and determination flowed from his eyes as he screamed his frustration at the setting sun. Yes Raitei trained damn hard for this moment and he had perfectly achieved the most ridiculous entrance, now he simply waited for the naked girls to come to him...well he hoped there would be naked girls at this meeting.
Ronan had barely managed to say his lovers name before she rammed into him. He laughed as she hugged him tightly, "Sumaria, we haven't been apart that long. Gods, you'd think we hadn't seen each other in a year. But there is something I have to tell you. I've made a wonderful invention. Well it's not really an invention, but more like a m-"

He would have finished his sentence but the shouts that had been getting progressively louder outside suddenly stopped and the doors flew open; rattling on their hinges as they hit the wall. Raitei strode in, proud as a peacock, striking numerous poses until he reached the center of the room. The man then proceeded to somehow take off his shirt and stand there puffing up his chest like some child in a contest with his best friend. Seeing the aelfborn Ronan wondered, not for the first time, just how far gone his sanity was.

Though it would have been best to ignore him it wouldn't solve the problem. Raitei always thought that he was somehow irresistible to women; he even though men should admire him to some extent, although more for the work he put into maintaining his physique than anything else. He saw Lirian smirk to herself out of the corner of his eye and rolled his eyes, hoping that Raitei wouldn't see her reaction. If he thought he had a chance with her there would be no stopping him.

Despite the dumbfounded look on his face Ronan cocked an eyebrow and looked at his friend, "Raitei, what in the name of all that is holy are you doing? Surely even you must realize that this is an inappropriate display in front of the princess." Shaking his head he turned back to Sumaria and gave her a small smile, "I had hoped that his time with Ekimal would have changed his ways, but it seems there was no such luck there."

They both shared a laugh at this and Sumaria pulled him close to her once again. If his skin had been lighter it would have been very obvious that he was blushing, but he still shifted uncomfortably at the public display of affection. Sumaria laughed softly against his chest and let him pull away. "Still embarrassed to be see with me in public? Why I even bother coming to see you I'll never know."

"Ah no, it's not what you think Sumaria. It's just...I...I...I wanted to tell you about my new discovery!"

Brilliant, bloody brilliant. She will most definitely leave the matter alone now, the Phoenix barely made an attempt to conceal his laughter.

Shut up you, why can't you just stay quite until the meeting.

But where would the fun in that be. Besides these incidents with Sumaria provide entertainment to my otherwise dull life. Let's not forget I'm trapped in your subconscious. It's not as if I can go anywhere to take my mind of things.

Ronan rolled his eyes and shut the Phoenix out. Indeed he felt bad for the creature, but what was he to do. It wasn't as if he could just pull it out of himself; frankly he was afraid what would happen to him if he tried. Nevertheless he regained his composure and resumed his conversation with Sumaria.

"Now my discovery or invention, whichever you want to call it, was actually the result of a problem you came to me with. Remember when we went shopping in the marketplace and you were complaining because you were unable to fit all the things you bought in one basket? That started me thinking if there was a way to use magic to somehow...warp the area within a container so that it could hold more items. It took a bit of work but eventually I was able to come up with a spell that allows for exactly that to happen."

Ronan untied a medium sized pouch from his belt and held it flat in his hand. "Now watch, this is the best part." Untying the small not that held the strings together, Ronan opened the pouch and stuck his hand inside. Ronan watched with childish delight as Sumaria's eyes went wide. His hand should have reached the bottom of the pouch seconds after he put it in, but instead his arm was still going into the pouch. Ronan deftly moved his hand around the space inside the pouch and pulled out a hammer that was clearly too big to have fit in the small bag he held in his hand.

"The name came to me when Dante tried to stuff this hammer into a bag he was carrying. He kept on telling me that there wasn't any space for his hammer inside his things and that he didn't want to have to carry it. That's when all of a sudden it struck me and I knew what I could call this little discovery. I've decided to name it, Hammerspace."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff