• The Perfect Setup 150
  • Timid 100
User Image
inspired by Daydreaming

rp status :: open !!xxxxaccepting applications

don't wake me from the d r e a m
it's really e v e r y t h i n g it seemed

i'm so f r e e . . .

. . . no black and white in the b l u e.

Hello there, and welcome to the literate role play, Here We Are. . . Daydreaming.

This role play can be best categorized under the genre of Fantasy, set in a modern-day world, not unlike ours.

Daydreaming was once a way to escape one's world momentarily. . . But what if it became a permanent state ?
Enter, a group of dreamers, whose only wishes are to escape their imperfections and fears. . .

But what happens when what you dreamed of isn't exactly perfect either ?

ooc thread | click here |

Invisible Tipper

13,025 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Timid 100
User Image

and so it Begins here . . .

Our story starts off like any normal tale. It starts with a group of people, unrelated in every way except one thing. Every night, their dreams are the same, although they have no idea the dream is shared. The dream begins simply. . . You find yourself standing atop a high hill beneath a large, shady tree. The breeze is cool and it is a sunny day. As you take your first breath, a flock of birds fly up nearby, startling you, but you begin to laugh because here, you know, nothing could possibly get to you. Down below you see something. . . Something that looks to be a small town of some sort, one that has tall buildings decorated with greenery, as if the trees are part of the construction. There is a river, along with a boat, that snakes through the town, and you can make out, if you squint, the small figures of people bustling about the cobbled streets. You take a step towards it, hesitating at first, but you can't find your legs stopping as you stroll down the hill toward the town. Ahead, you see a sign, but you can't make out the letters. As you get closer, a name becomes more distinct, and soon you read Mythiria. You figure this is the name of the town, and you keep going. But as you walk, it seems to get further and further away. Night begins to fall, and the wind is now a chilling cold. You can barely see the lights of the town, though you have been walking for what seems like so long. . . Suddenly, you hear footsteps. As you turn, you come face to face with --

Everyone wakes up before they can see who it is that is there. But it is the same, every night. Soon, the need to get to the town bubbles inside each of these people, so much so that it begins to leak into their waking life. . . Moments of nodding off will bring back the sensation of being there. . . Each of them finds themselves thinking, imagining, what it would be like to be in that place. . . The place at the bottom of the hill. . . Welcoming and fresh. But, everything isn't always as it seems, and when they finally get their wish. . . When they finally find themselves completely enveloped by this dream, will they end up liking what they get ? Or, will they want to leave ?

When dream becomes reality, how do you run fast enough to escape it ??

Invisible Tipper

13,025 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Timid 100
User Image

o o 1 . L I T E R A C Y . I S . G O L D
            [.To simply put it, I love literacy.
            It doesn't need to be absolutely perfect.
            I know no one is a grammar expert here.
            Or a spelling expert, for that matter.
            But, at least try.]

o o 2 . P O S T I N G
            [.Please use third person.
            Oh, and no **'s for actions.
            I know some people do that.
            And please don't post one-liners.
            I can understand writer's block.
            But try to do something others can work off of.
            That way we don't get a dry spell
            So, minimum of a paragraph.]

o o 3 . C H A R A C T E R . P R O F I L E S
            [.Use the Character Skeleton located below.
            Failure to do so,
            and you will be denied access into the roleplay...
            Until you fill it out right.
            Also.
            PM me the profiles.
            Entitle it "Daydreaming".
            and if you're smart...
            you'll highlight the empty area
            at the end of the rules.]

o o 4 . O N . L O V E . & & . W A R
            [.Romance is encouraged.
            But, I ask you now.
            Don't cyber.
            It's just... Disturbing to bear witness to.
            Do a time skip if you really must.
            Also, fighting is encouraged.
            After all, this is about people
            fighting for their freedom.
            No fighting would be...
            Illogical and boring.
            On that note--
            No god modding
            no auto hitting
            and no killing without permission.]

o o 5 . R E S P E C T
            [.Respect Gaia.
            Respect my roleplay.
            Respect your fellow roleplayers.
            Respect my Mods.
            Respect me.
            Respect yourself.]

kthxxx <3

woot woot!
good job, you're smart!
i was lying about what i wanted the title to be.
instead!

please title your pm to me as "Escape this World".

Thank you!

Invisible Tipper

13,025 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Timid 100
User Image

please be sure that you fill out the profile skeleton
        and then send it to me under the appropriate subject title!
        also, keep in mind that these people are meant to be a little messed up. . .
        i don't want the stereotypical sob story, but make it interesting !!
        - these will end up coming into play eventually in the rp :]

[center][img]ANIME URL[/img]
[size=20][color=color1][b]Character's Alias[/b][/color][/size]
[color=color2][size=11][i]Gaia Username[/i][/size]
[size=9]"Character's Quote"[/size][/color]

[size=10][color=color1]My name is[/color] [color=color2][b][[ First Middle Last ]][/b][/color]
[color=color1]I was born a[/color] [color=color2][b][[ Male / Female ]][/b][/color]
[color=color1]I might look young, but I'm[/color] [color=color2][b][[ Age ]][/b][/color]

[color=color1]I act like[/color] [color=color2][b][[ Personality - At least a paragraph ]][/b][/color]
[color=color1]Because of my past[/color] [color=color2][b][[ Bio - At least a paragraph ]][/b][/color]

[color=color1]I found things I hate[/color] [color=color2][b][[ At least five dislikes ]][/b][/color]
[color=color1]&& things I love[/color] [color=color2][b][[ At least five likes ]][/b][/color]

[color=color1]This is my jam[/color] [color=color2][b][[ Character Theme Song. Provide link, please! ]][/b][/color]
[color=color1]Color me pretty[/color] [color=Posting Color][b][[ Posting color ]][/b][/color]
[color=color1]&& One more thing before I go[/color] [color=color2][b][[ Other ]][/b][/color][/size][/center]

Invisible Tipper

13,025 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Timid 100
User Image

User Image
Lucy
x x _ m o n e t _ x x
"Life is just a dream, you know, that's never-ending."

My name is Lucia Renee Hart
I was born a Female
I might look young, but I'm Seventeen

I act like Lucy is quiet and reserved due to the way she was raised by her parents. She learned at a young age that things were better left unsaid, and so she never spoke out and never disobeyed them, especially her father. She's also cautious about new people, holding many trust issues against strangers. . . Even those she happens to be close to (and there really aren't many). She's afraid of being alone and lonely, but sometimes has a hard time finding what she should say to others, for fear that she might offend or anger someone. However, there are times in which her mood completely flips, and she lashes out, mostly in a violent anger. She's afraid, a lot, of people and of herself.
Because of my past Lucy's past wasn't simple. It began that way, though. A happy family of four. She had a kind father, a sweet mother, and a protective older brother. Three years apart, to be exact. The grew up happily enough. . . Her mother was a writer for the local newspaper and her father was invested in stocks, as well as running his own small bakery. She remembered, then, the house always smelled of the most delicious pastries. But it changed as she got older. The stocks her father invested in dropped, and her mother lost her job during recession. Soon, things began to get violent. Her father had picked up a horrible drinking habit, and her mother, uninterested, began to sleep around with different men. Lucy wanted to say things about both, but when she was ten, both parents showed her what it meant to get hit, and she never spoke out of turn after that. Eventually, her mother found one who fit her liking, one with lots of money, and when Lucy was eleven, her parents got divorced and her mother ran off, leaving her alcoholic father with the duty to care for her and her brother. Her brother, James, was unlike Lucy. He was strong and stood up for himself. When Lucy was fourteen, he disappeared after getting into a terrible fight with their father. She was truly alone. Two years later, her father came home especially drunk one night, and cornered her. He yelled at her, telling her she was evil, just like her mother. . . Her terrible mother who betrayed them. He said he was going to get back at her mother for leaving him. That was the night he took advantage of her, and Lucy, scared and frightened, suddenly got angry and retaliated, grabbing the closest weapon to her, a fireplace poker, and killed the man.
She was let go on probation because it was an act of defense, but because she had no one, she was sent to be cared for by some neighbors down the street. But a week later, she grabbed her things and ran off. She had in her mind that she would find her brother. . .

I found things I hate Alcohol and uncontrollable anger. Being violent and being unable to handle it on my own. Raw onions and cats. Loneliness and broken promises.
&& things I love The starry night sky. Rain and snow. . . Any sort of cold weather, really. A cool breeze on a hot summer day and the smell of spring. The changes of color in the fall. Art and music, writing especially. Open fields and endless blue skies.

This is my jam Satellite Heart by Anya Marina
Color me pretty Light Sea Green
&& One more thing before I go Lucy is acutely bipolar. She doesn't have too many violent rages, but they do happen every now and again.

User Image
The "Mute"
Y o u n g D r e a m e r x
“Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will.”

My name is [[ Nina Beth Augustine ]]
I was born a [[ Female ]]
I might look young, but I'm [[ 16 ]]

I act like [[ Well, I used to be all smiles and laughs. I was quite the happy person. Until something happened and turned my world upside down. I seem to have forgotten how to smile, or even how to feel to be exact. My mind can't make decisions, as I'm always paranoid and I'm afraid to do something wrong. I am very self-conscious now, but really I don't used to be like this. I don't know what's gotten into me. ]]
Because of my past [[ I am born a mute. But communication hasn't been much of a problem for me so far, since I always have paper and pen with me wherever I go. I started drawing things to describe what I want when I was a kid, because that was the only way my parents could understand me. I would cry and cry non-stop, and they would give me a paper and my favorite crayon and I'll stop crying immediately and start drawing. They bought me countless sketchbooks and crayons and such as I grew up. Because not only did I use drawing as my way of communication, I also fell in love with it. Every where I go, you can see me drawing. I just can't stop! I wouldn't even remember the time to eat or sleep, hence my weak body.

Art has become my life.

I've had a few hard times when I was in school. A few bullies here and there. But I also had friends who stuck up for me. They protected me, drew with me, and showed me many things in life. I had a sketchbook where I draw the faces of the people I love. But no, no sketchbook for the people I hate. Life's too short to be hatin', yes?

But something bad happened. My parents had a bad divorce, and during the divorce I was shunned away for a moment. I didn't know why, but I pretended to be okay with it. Just a few nights before I came to this wonderful land, my mother came into my room, drunk. It was my first time seeing her like that, and I was quite scared. Because she didn't seem to know what she was doing or saying. She then said the divorce was all my fault, and that she regretted giving birth to me. She also said I was useless, and began tearing my sketches into little pieces and stepped on my paint and crayons and everything else. She even intended to burn them all. I had a little struggle with her, but as you can see, I'm a weakling. My drawings, my life's work, my everything, gone (Well, actually not everything. I managed to save a few of my sketchbooks and hide them.)

I didn't know how to face my mother anymore, I felt like a failure. I blame myself for just about everything that has happened. I sort of stopped drawing after that, my hands can't find themselves to create something, my mind has become nothing but dull and boring. Black and white. I hate it. I hate that I'm so boring now. I hate that when I grab a pencil I don't know what to do. I hate it. ]]

I found things I hate [[ Rubbish art // Not getting any inspirations or motivation at all // Dull and boring days // Coffee // People who can't appreciate art // Copying // My mother ]]
&& things I love [[ Art // My sketchbooks // Inspirations // Colors // The beautiful sky // Creative people ]]

This is my jam [[ 5 Years Time - Noah & The Whale ]]
Color me pretty [[ Dark Cyan ]]
&& One more thing before I go [[ I can only communicate with you with a piece of paper. That's why I have my sketchbook with me every time. So bear with me, alright? ]]

User Image
Arin
NerdyShinigami
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music. "

My name is Arianne Elizabeth Sano
I was born a Female
I might look young, but I'm Seventeen

I act like Arin has a quiet demeanor, not bothering to talk with anyone because she thinks that friends aren't worth the trouble. She always seems to have a sarcastic, biting attitude, but can be blunt at times. She's stubborn, and she won't let anyone change her mind once it's been made up. She has an uncaring view towards anything but her music, but she used to be quite the extrovert before a certain point in time in her life. Full of laughter and all smiles, she had no trouble getting along with anyone, but all that has changed.
Because of my past Arin was something of a delinquent in her later years. During school, she'd be asleep while listening to her music, and she felt that she didn't need any friends, as long as she could still hear her beloved songs. It was because of this that she became distanced from others, whispers always going around the classroom about her and her obsession. Her family tried to get her out of her stubborn shell, eventually giving up on her, thinking it wasn't worth the effort anymore. It seemed music was her drug, and she couldn't go on without it.

However, things weren't always like this. Around when she was ten, her life changed rather dramatically. It was a single event, but it was a trauma she couldn't forget. She had gone to chat with her good friends when she heard them gossiping about her. When they noticed Arin was listening, they turned on her, throwing insult after insult at her, and it was just too much for her to bear. She didn't want to listen, she didn't want to be able to hear it, and so she ran home, searching desperately for something to drown out the repeating voices in her head. Her parents were bewildered when they came home to find her locked in her room, music closing her off from the outer world.

Now, listening to music has become a habit of hers, and if she goes for a certain amount of time without hearing it, she'll start to hear the voices of her former friends, each word seemingly stabbing her with a knife. With her songs, she attempts to surround herself, scared that something will happen again if she tries making friends again and trusting people, afraid of their voices.

I found things I hate Silence, People who can't keep their traps shut, Standing out, Sweet confections, Fairy tales
&& things I love Music of all sorts, Being alone, Dark chocolate, Her mp3 player, Snow

This is my jam Lost and Found
Color me pretty Steel Blue
&& One more thing before I go Nothing, really.

User Image
Beka
crack in my heart
"Character's Quote"

My name is [[ Rebecca Matina Shauntz ]]
I was born a [[ Female ]]
I might look young, but I'm [[ 16 ]]

I act like [[ A bounce and hum behind each step, Beka takes the obstacles life throws at her and dances around them before going on her way. Some people (certain people) find this quite annoying and reflecting on her past, the teen can't help but agree. She's trying to tone it down with logic. This often leaves long pauses before she can make a decision and people call her slow for that. Seriously, people are so picky. ]]
Because of my past [[ Hailing from Canada, Beka has only been living in her new home for a couple of months. She works hard at local toy store to support her grieving mother. It's hard for any mother to be far away from their child's resting place. That was actually part of the main reason they had to move. They had to get a fresh start if they wanted to move on with life. It didn't help that her father was demanding Beka's custody but luckily he showed no evidence of commit and was denied. That didn't stop him from harassing her small family and complaining to strangers how bad her mother was. Unable to cope with the stress, Beka and her mother quickly moved to another home. Currently, Beka is busying herself with life or at least trying to. Lately she's been seeing movements at the corner of her eyes and been getting headaches. ]]

I found things I hate [[ liars - spiders - the dark - horror movies - funerals ]]
&& things I love [[ happy endings - dinner - drawing - cute trinkets- kids ]]

This is my jam [[ Hello/How are you? - Ashe ]]
Color me pretty [[ golden rod & sky blue ]]
&& One more thing before I go [[ Beka carries her sister's dairy everywhere. ]]

User Image
James
x x _ m o n e t _ x x
"Don't get so preoccupied looking back. Keep your eyes straight ahead and your stride sure."

My name is James Theodore Hart
I was born a Male
I might look young, but I'm Nineteen

I act like James is a bit of a bad a**, one could say. He keeps a cool head but mostly has a cold exterior. At times, he can be too blunt with his words, and although a part of him deep down cares when he makes people angry or sad, he shrugs it off more often than not and keeps going along his own way. A lot of people would call him selfish and cruel, but he mostly sticks to his belief: Every man for himself. But he can be fairly protective for the people he does open up to. There's a part deep down that feels bad for the things he did in his past, and a part that wants to make up for it. He would never admit, but it's fear that's keeping him away. . .
Because of my past He was born into the perfect family. It was a sort of true love that brought his parents together... At least, that's what he believed. Three years later, his mother and father had a baby girl, his little sister, Lucy. At first, he felt threatened, as if he thought he was being replaced. . . But soon he warmed up. He would always keep an eye out for Lucy, as an older brother should. Whenever she fell, he would be there to catch her. . . He was her shoulder to cry on. . . He was the one protecting her when bullied. But it changed when his father lost all that money and became a drunk. . . When his mother gave up on her husband and turned to adultery. James mostly took to distracting Lucy from it, trying to make sure she didn't see, but he did. He watched through all three painful years until his parents got divorced, his mother, leaving with some sleazy b*****d who had insulted James. . .
His father never picked up after that. James watched him as he drank himself under the table, bringing the two of them down with him. They barely had enough money to live, even with James working a job on top of attending school. One night, James came home to find his father eying Lucy down. He was disgusted and the two got into a loud fight before James socked his father a good one in the face, grabbed his things, and ran away. It was hard for him. . . He knew if he went back, he would get beaten on by the larger man. . . But if he didn't go back. . . Lucy. He promised himself he would go back for her in a few weeks, but a few weeks turned into months, which turned into years. James hasn't forgiven himself for leaving his little sister behind. . .

I found things I hate Cheaters, liars, fakes, bullies, people who take advantage of others because of weakness, tomatoes, cats.
&& things I love Lucy, cigarettes, cool breezes, night skies, birds, photography, club masters, coffee, ties, fighting (mma, boxing).

This is my jam Shake Me Down by Cage the Elephant
Color me pretty Rosy Brown
&& One more thing before I go James likes getting into fights, but deep down, it's more like a way of avoiding his insecurities and fears.

User Image
Moniker
Ryun Tsukoro
"It's a shame that in dreams you are more like yourself than ever in a waking moment."

My name is [[ Booker George Landen ]]
I was born a [[ Male ]]
I might look young, but I'm [[ 22 ]]

I act like [[ Most of the time? Aloof. Unsure of myself. Wondering why I never grew out of my childish fantasies of grandeur. My boss mouths off at me for zoning out, and every day I think I'll just quit my job. If only it were that easy. Not like I'm made of money. Aside from that, I like to play the mysterious stranger while looking for my true calling. Unfortunately, like most things in life, that's a hard wall to climb, especially when you just end up at the bottom of a brown bottle. ]]

Because of my past [[ I guess all these delusions came from them originally. My parents. Two of the world's finest money-wasters who decided not to travel the world until after I was born. They hired a Nanny to take care of me, but I only wanted to be like them. To see new places and meet exotic people. Those suppressed desires are trying me hard right now, but I have to keep washing them down. And only one kind of drink gets the job done.

But before all this I had my share of life's trials. Girlfriends that never worked out. Jobs that didn't suit my 'unique' talents. College classes I couldn't pass even if I had the free time to do everything they asked of me, which I didn't. I think I've only ever truly been in love once. The saddest thing about that is that I can never talk about it. Even if I wanted to. Which I don't.

Which brings me here. Struggling to pay off my rent with an errand boy job pushing papers and dreaming of being an international spy like James Bond, all the while trying to casually finish writing a novel under the alias/misnomer, "Moniker". Hoping one day one of these Mercedes owners will accidentally drop their purse so I can run off with it like I never saw a thing and flee the country. Actually... That's not true. Just another stupid idea of mine. I'm no criminal. I'm just Booker. Even when I dream, that's all I can be. ]]

I found things I hate [[ People who waste money, People with money to waste (honestly I'm just jealous of them), Waking up in the middle of an interesting dream, Ants, Bossy people (like my boss), People I can see my own flaws within (mainly because they remind me of said flaws), Beer ]]
&& things I love [[ Coffee, Punk rock, Sleeping late, The occasional computer game where I can pretend to be someone else for a while, Instant food, Beer ]]

This is my jam [[ Hard Target - Down a Road ]]
Color me pretty [[ Off brown? ]]
&& One more thing before I go [[ In Mythiria I've taken to calling myself Moniker in an official sense. Better than giving my real name out in this crazy place. ]]

User Image
Ryder
Agent of Distortion
"As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another..."

My name is [[ Ryder Alexander Stahl ]]
I was born a [[ Male ]]
I might look young, but I'm [[ 18 ]]

I act like [[ Ryder s a very laid back sort of fellow who doesn't seem to have a great deal of stress or worry, though he usually keeps most of it inside. He can tend to be a jokester and loves to laugh, and in turn make other people laugh, but also has somewhat of a serious side when necessary. He can easily distinct when he should be friendly or when he should be formal, and can seamlessly switch between the two, He can be protective of some people, and he can be a little rash in his actions, though he often acts after a bit of rational thought. Most importantly, he can be a flirt. A lot. ]]
Because of my past [[ I grew up in Denver, Colorado alongside three younger sisters in a somewhat rich family.I do the usual things a high school guy would do, play sports, hang out with friends, etc., and am relatively popular among my classmates at my high school. As a child, I learned how to play the guitar at a very early age and hammered out all my techniques and skills with the instrument to become an incredibly formidable player, and currently I rival the pros in both my technical ability as well as the feelings in my music; and I have also become a master of music theory (chord structure, keys & modes, etc.). I have collected a number of guitars over my career, and I tend to have an affinity for black, white and red guitars. I also run track and cross country, as well as doing swimming and boxing. ]]

I found things I hate [[ Hypocrites, country music, pants around your ankles "gangsters," the word "moist" and fake, poser guitar players ]]
&& things I love [[ Guitars, cars, girls, rock/metal, sports ]]

This is my jam [[ Inamorata- Animals as Leaders ]]
Color me pretty [[ Dark Red ]]
&& One more thing before I go [[ N/A ]]

User Image
AJ
Kent_Allard
"What one man can do, another man can do."

My name is [[ Alexander Constantine Soufrine ]]
I was born a [[ Man ]]
I might look young, but I'm [[Twenty years old ]]

I act like I act like a normal person, or at least I try to. I usually don’t speak until spoken to, and even then I don’t say much more than what needs to be said. I can be sarcastic, rude, and flippant to those I believe deserve it. That being said, it takes quite a bit for me to think you deserve it. Typically I’m a very nice guy all told, albeit a quiet one.
Because of my past People always talk about the one event that changed their lives, how everything was great up until that. Not so much with our friend AJ. Born into a lower-middle class family, AJ learned quickly to appreciate what he had, and to never expect much. His parents did care for him dearly, however, and gave him whatever they could. Which between his father’s whoring and his mother’s drinking, wasn’t much. Still, AJ managed to excel in school, and even earn a scholarship to a prestigious institution of learning.
This was the beginning of the not one, but series of events that forever reshaped Alex’s life. Instead of continuing his education; loud, rambunctious, AJ Soufrine joined the military. Two years and a war later, loud and rambunctious AJ Soufrine was gone, replaced by calm, if slightly on edge person. Now AJ just tries to live a normal life, although the only real joy he gets anymore is from his dreams…if only the first half of them.

I found things I hate country music, wasteful people, loud noises, pickles, war, and most teenagers.
&& things I love raspberry tea, Jazz and Metal, cats (he has two), travelling, war, and buttons.

This is my jam Don't Say A Word - Sonata Arctica
Color me pretty Black
&& One more thing before I go There is a scar on his face, running from right above his left eye to his temple. If you ask him about it, he’ll just lie to you. It’s sort of a game to him.

Invisible Tipper

13,025 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Timid 100
User Image

• Ṡ e t t i n g

Mythiria is very much like an average town in the midst of a forest, in the middle of a wide field. All characters will begin at the top of the hill and will venture down to the town. One must walk through the forest before the trees begin to thin out, which reveals a civilization with tall buildings mixed in with the trees. Its fairly modern, with electricity, money, restaurants and cafe's, and an electric boat that travels along the waterways through the town.

Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday

January Febuary March April May June July August September October November December
            1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Our forecast for today predicts a beautiful, clear sunrise, but don't be fooled. Bring a jacket and umbrella, because later on in the afternoon, we'll be getting some clouds over head with a slight chance of rain for the night.

Invisible Tipper

13,025 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Timid 100
User Image

Updates
            October 24 :: RP almost completed, about to open.

Invisible Tipper

13,025 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Timid 100
User Image

r e s e r v e d
            for a rainy day < 3

Invisible Tipper

13,025 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150