Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

The city of Tirarnon, otherwise known as the City of Dunes, is a thriving city, despite the sands. Within it's walls, people of all walks of life do their best to live with what they have under the leadership of the royal family.

Yet they are not alone. Relics from a time before known history house powerful beings known simply as "genies." To those who possess these relics, genies can grant any wish. Almost any wish. Each genie is different, but to those willing to pay the price, their magic has the potential to shake the world.

(G E N I E S is a fantasy, semi-literate RP created by Grimalkenkid)
"Captain" of the RP: Inu of the Eternal Music
Moderators: Inu of Everlasting Dawn, Ryoko Konton,Grimalkenkid

OOC Chat
Thread

Extras
User Image
H I S T O R YXXXO FXXXT H EXXXL A N D

XXXLong ago - no one knows how long ago or why or how - people came to this desert planet. They built up cities around any oasis they could find and even some where supplies were scarce. Much of the current technology we have comes from what these ancient people invented. They even developed a way to create genies; that technique - lost to time - was the only magic that people ever developed themselves. True magic comes from the wishes granted by genies, although a kind of magic can still be granted to people through these wishes.

XXXHowever, something happened about 700 years ago, and all records from that era and before were lost. Much of their technology was also destroyed; the most advanced machinery we have is an electronic database housed in the royal library. Lesser such things are uncommon among the general populace, but they do exist. Computers, explosives, lights... all such things were made from technology recovered from the ruins of the ancients. On their own, scholars have tried replicating power sources, but the most they have done is dip their hands into the sources of steam and coal. Electricity by itself is only a theory.

XXXThe most coveted possessions nowadays are the relics which house genies. Not even the genies know what happened 700 years ago; at most, they have vague memories of before that time, much like how we remember dreams. But almost no one values them for their wisdom; they can make miracles happen, so anyone in possession of a genie's object is automatically given some measure of respect.

XXXYet all is not well. Swindlers, thieves, criminals, and, of course, the nobility still go about doing their horrible deeds in order to get by... or to increase their own status in the case of the nobility. Nothing's ever really "peaceful" in this city.
User Image
G E N E R A LXXXR U L E S

(New rules or additions will be posted in crimson.)

❶ My word is law in this RP.
                      I'm not super-controlling or strict, but if I ask you to stop doing something, then stop doing it. If I ask you to change something, I will provide reasons. That being said, I just want everyone to have fun here.
                      Inu of Everlasting Dawn, Ryoko Konton and Grimalkenkid are my moderators, so listen to them as if they were me.

❷ No God-modding.
                      This can mean several things, so I’ll lay some ground rules. No Power Playing This means that you can’t control other characters’ actions. Your character can try to do something, but the reactions belong to the character’s player only. No Miss Cleo Basically, anything said in the OOC chat or another kind of OOC chatter cannot be used against your character in the RP proper unless that information has been revealed IC. No God-Modding Which really comes down to how powerful/skillful/awesome your character is.
                      Additionally, if you want to do something that will affect the city (or a large portion of it) please let me know so that I can include it in updates. This includes wishes.

❸ Keep things PG-13.
                      Romance and violence are allowed (encouraged even), but don’t put anything up here that you wouldn’t want your parents to see.

❹ Stay in character.
                      If you make a loner character, they can’t instantly become best buddies with a big group of adventurers. Not without some good, IC reasoning. Characters can change during an RP – this is even encouraged – but change is gradual. Please keep this in mind as unjustified changes will be addressed.

❺ Be semi-literate and semi-active.
                      You don’t have to have perfect grammar or spelling, but please keep mistakes to a minimum (basically, use punctuation correctly and remember to capitalize, etc.). It’s hard to reply to a post if we have no idea what you just said. Posts should be 1-2 paragraphs minimum, but that doesn't mean you can't post more. Also, please post at least once a week. If you're going to be gone for a long length of time, let us know in the OOC.
                      On that note, we'd like to see you in the OOC if you're participating in this RP. You don't have to lurk there, but I will post announcements there sometimes, especially if it doesn't relate directly to what's going on IC.

❻ Be civil.
                      Your character can be a jerk, but you can’t. No bullying or harassing other people. That’s final.

❼ Include your character's picture and name in your posts.
                      You don't have to make a fancy posting format, but we'd like to know which character post we're reading.
                      If you're having trouble with coding, I'm more than willing to make a posting format. Just ask.
                      While not required, it would be nice if people would either bold, italicize, or change the text color for the character's speech and thoughts. It just makes it easier to see what the character's just thinking and what they actually said.

❽ Make an effort to get involved.
                      It is your duty to get your character(s) involved in the story. You may either join an existing plot or make up your own. If you need help, I can provide suggestions, but I won't alter the RP just to include your character in something that's going on. In other words, we will not hold your hand in this RP.
User Image
G E N I E SXXXA N DXXXT H E I RXXXP O W E R S

Djinn and Jann
                      XXXGenies can be divided into two groups based on their abilities: Djinn and Jann. What separates them is whether they require payment for their wishes or not, although there is quite a lot of variation within these groups.

XXXDjinn are what you think of when you think "genie." They are limited to giving a certain number of wishes to any given person. However, the more wishes they can grant per master, the weaker their power and the more rules they must abide by. The standard number of wishes is 3; any more and the power of each wish begins to diminish.

XXXJann require payment. Each janni will take payment in one form only, whether it be money, food, senses, or even the words someone can speak. The possibilities of what a jann can accept are almost limitless. However, the amount of payment they receive must be equal to the wish they are granting. Each janni automatically knows what price is required to fulfill a certain wish.

Rules of the Genies
                      ∮ Cannot kill, directly or indirectly.
                      ∮ Cannot touch his or her bound object.
                      ∮ Cannot influence a person's opinions. (i.e. cannot make someone fall in love, hate another, etc.)
                      ∮ Cannot alter history. (i.e. cannot undo what has been done)
                      ∮ Cannot use power to affect another genie.
                      ∮ Cannot target more than one object, animal, or person with a wish. (Although multiple wishes can be made at once.)
                      ∮ Can only use power in order to fulfill a wish, in self-defense, or as demonstration (this use is limited to effects that are not permanent).
                      ∮ Janni can only accept things that the wisher actually possesses, whether it be their "property" or physically in their possession. The wisher must have some claim to whatever they're giving up.

Universal Genie Powers
                      ∮ Can shapeshift into anything within reason.
                      ∮ Can refuse a wish if it would put him- or herself in danger or into a compromising situation.
                      ∮ Can leave the bound object and travel some distance away.
                      ∮ Knows exactly where his or her bound object is and who has it at all times.

Some General Notes
                      ∮ Not all genies look human in their true form.
                      ∮ Genies can be freed by having their master wish them free. There might be other methods, but no one knows of them.
                      ∮ Freed genies are so rare that they're virtually unknown as very few people have wished their genies free.
                      ∮ When a genie is freed, they lose most of their power, although they gain the ability to return to the astral plane, where most (but not all) genies resided before becoming genies.
User Image
C H A R A C T E RXXXC R E A T I O N

If you want to participate in this RP, please fill out the correct profile format and PM it to me (Inu of the Eternal Music).
                    Everyone is limited to 3 characters. If you want to play more, then you'll have to convince me you can handle that many characters. Additionally, no one can play more than one member of the royal family.

If you are playing a genie and want to be paired with a non-genie (or vice-versa), please work it out with the owner of a character you would like to be paired with. These pairings are not always just one genie/one master; they can have multiple genies to one master or multiple masters to one genie (although both of these arrangements are very hard to pull off). Also, if people want, these pairings can change over the course of the RP, as the master of a genie is whoever has possession of that genie's object.

Genie Profile:
                    [imgright]malformed url[/imgright][align=center][size=20][u]~ (Full name here) ~[/u][/size]
                    [i]"(character quote here)"[/i][/align]

[size=16][u]B A S I C S[/u][/size]
                    [list]≈Name: [color=postcolor](character name here)[/color]
                    ≈Nicknames: [color=postcolor](any nicknames)[/color]
                    ≈Gender (in true form): [color=postcolor](male or female)[/color]
                    ≈Height (in true form): [color=postcolor](height)[/color]
                    ≈Weight (in true form): [color=postcolor](weight)[/color]
                    ≈Object: [color=postcolor](the object genie is bound to)[/color]
                    [/list]

[size=16][u]C O S T[color=white]XXX[/color]A N D[color=white]XXX[/color]B E N E F I T[/u][/size]
                    [list]≈Type of Genie: [color=postcolor](Djinni or Janni)[/color]
                    ≈Number of Wishes: [color=postcolor]{omit if not a Djinni}[/color]
                    ≈Price Accepted: [color=postcolor]{omit if not a Janni}[/color]
                    ≈Additional Restrictions:
                    [list][color=postcolor]§ (omit if only restricted by normal genie rules)[/color][/list]
                    [/list]

[size=16][u]A[color=white]XXX[/color]B I T[color=white]XXX[/color]D E E P E R[/u][/size]
                    [list][b]≈ Personality[/b]
                    [color=postcolor](at least 3 sentences)[/color]

[b]≈ History[/b]
                    [color=postcolor](at least 5 sentences, preferably 2-3 meaty paragraphs)[/color]

[b]≈ Anything else?[/b]
                    [color=postcolor](anything else about your character)[/color]

[align=right][size=16][color=postcolor](Username here)[/color][/size][/align]

Non-Genie Profile:
                    [imgright]malformed url[/imgright][align=center][size=20][u]↩ (Full name here) ↪[/u][/size]
                    [i]"(character quote here)"[/i][/align]

[size=16][u]B A S I C S[/u][/size]
                    [list]↝Name: [color=postcolor](character name here)[/color]
                    ↝Nicknames: [color=postcolor](any nicknames)[/color]
                    ↝Gender: [color=postcolor](male or female)[/color]
                    ↝Age: [color=postcolor](age in years)[/color]
                    ↝Height: [color=postcolor](height)[/color]
                    ↝Weight: [color=postcolor](weight)[/color]
                    ↝Occupation: [color=postcolor](what does he/she do for a living)[/color]
                    [/list]

[size=16][u]S T R E N G T H S[color=white]XXX[/color]A N D[color=white]XXX[/color]W E A K N E S S E S[/u][/size]
                    [list]↝Strengths:
                    [list][color=postcolor]* (strengths or abilities, add more if wanted)
                    *[/color][/list]

↝Weaknesses:
                    [list][color=postcolor]✗ (weaknesses or fatal flaws, add more if wanted)
                    ✗[/color][/list]
                    [/list]

[size=16][u]A[color=white]XXX[/color]B I T[color=white]XXX[/color]D E E P E R[/u][/size]
                    [list][b]↝ Personality[/b]
                    [color=postcolor](at least 3 sentences)[/color]

[b]↝ History[/b]
                    [color=postcolor](at least 5 sentences, preferably 2-3 meaty paragraphs)[/color]

[b]↝ Anything else?[/b]
                    [color=postcolor](anything else about your character)[/color]

[align=right][size=16][color=postcolor](Username here)[/color][/size][/align]
User Image
C A S TXXXO FXXXC H A R A C T E R S

The Royal Family (Aurnon Dynasty)
                      Emperor Hamzah Taymur Aurnon ~ (Inu of Everlasting Dawn)
                      Empress Rachael Maria Aurnon ~ (demoness_sarah)
                      Prince Alikizel Xerxes Aurnon ~ (Sweet Little Riddle)
                      Princess Basma Aurnon ~ (sparkling-emerald)
                      Prince Farid Aurnon ~ (Ryoko Konton)
                      Prince Taymur Aurnon~ (Kibo no Yoru)
                      Princess Hadiya Idril Aurnon ~ (Momo Hazumi) --- deceased

The Nobility
                      Istela Daniella Canter ~ (demoness_sarah)
                      Shalizander Brass ~ (Zhai Kiada)

City Guard
                      Captain Tahrim ibn Talaat al-Nasaar ~ (Ryoko Konton)

Citizens
                      Hyrum Rigby Knoxling ~ (Inu of Everlasting Dawn)
                      Laya Tinepa ~ (Ryoko Konton)
                      Yoko Barin ~ (Riona Ni Bhraonain)
                      Zane De'Vallois~(Unfortunate Occurence)
                      Anastasia Mae Livia~(Momo Hazumi)
                      Madam Hivern Gaan~(Serrinatta)
                      Vladmir Von Dalcră~ (BloodyAxe36)
                      Khalas Sif Zahrawi~ (Bornes)

Genies
                      Nadia Asilah Pastor ~ (Inu of Everlasting Dawn)
                      Amiya of the Snow ~ (Riona Ni Bhraonain)
                      Pemakan Mimpi ~ (Kibo no Yoru)
                      Gryzz~ (Xylodoll)
                      Ahndrastei~ (Syrynx)
                      Saphire D. Celeste~(Eternal Saphire)
                      Achalendra~ (Riona Ni Bhraonain)

Genies and Current Masters
                      Amiya of the Snow --- Laya Tinepa (freed genie/previous pairing)
                      Papika Miranoa/Nadia Asilah Pastor--- Farid Aurnon
                      Pemakan Mimpi --- Rosalda Jane Lawrence & Eliias Crowley
                      Baahir Kalb---Saphire D. Celeste

Non-Player Characters
                      Archbishop Nero Eltnam --- Hassan (janni)
                      Papika Miranoa (janni)
                      Jack Bors Mulligan
                      Saul Yi
                      Prince Alikizel Xerxes Aurnon ~ (Sweet Little Riddle)
                      Princess Basma Aurnon ~ (sparkling-emerald)

(Titles are in italics.)
                    (A strike through a character's name means that we haven't heard from the player in at least a week.)
User Image
                    C U R R E N TXXXD A T E

Spring 4, 718

T I M E

Morning ||| Afternoon ||| Evening ||| Night

T E M P E R A T U R E

Cold ||| Cool ||| Mild ||| Warm ||| Hot

W E A T H E R

Clear (Sunny) ||| Windy ||| Rain ||| Cloudy ||| Thunder ||| Sandstorm

(Current weather conditions are underlined. If multiples are underlined, then the current weather is a mix - or halfway between - all that are underlined.)
                    (Time changes will occur when necessary for the plot.)
                    ("Night" will only be played out if there are plans in the RP that require they be done late night to early morning.)
User Image
W H I T EXXXA N DXXXB L A C K

The White List
                      (This is for people who have gone above and beyond to help this RP.)

Inu of Everlasting Dawn ~ (For being a moderator in this RP.)
                      Ryoko Konton ~ (For supporting me as I run this RP.)

The Black List
                      (Let's keep this list empty, okay?)
User Image
W H A T ' SXXXH A P P E N E DXXXS OXXXF A R

Spring 1, 718:
                      - In the afternoon, an impassable sandstorm suddenly started up between the cities of Tirarnon and Masih. After raging for very little time, it calmed as suddenly as it appeared.
                      - The Prince of Masih was struck by sunstroke and had to return to his city. A messenger will arrive with this news late at night.
                      - In the evening, a mysterious flying-craft crashed in the marketplace. Three people were killed outright by falling debris, six people have sustained fatal wounds, and 38 people were injured but will survive with proper treatment.
                      - That night, the Maiden of Death murdered Hadiya Aurnon, youngest daughter of the Emperor.

Spring 2, 718:
                      - Rumors have begun circulating about how Princess Hadiya was murdered.
                      - A nobleman has gone missing, but not many people are aware of this, even among the nobles.

Spring 3, 718:
                        -Prince Farid has a new genie companion in Nadia
                        -Another stranger touched by magic and flung through time arrives in the city. This stranger called Zane searches for the truth of where he is and why
                        -The excavation crew has unearthed a building and several artifacts of the old times out in the desert-including a sword belonging to a genie god now hiding among the workers
                        -An attempt was made on Farid's life by the Maiden of Death but he was saved thanks to Nadia
                        -The Emperor continues to search for a second in command for Tahrim
                        -Basma announces her choice in husband,both parents provide their blessings

Spring 4, 718:
User ImageUser Image
A new day begins...

The calm of the morning has provided the kingdom of Tirarnon with a brief moment of peace that has not been felt in days. With the death of the youngest princess and the chaos of the falling wreckage from the sky hanging over the heads of citizen,noble and royal alike, all struggle to make sense of these events and look for a way to move on. With the morning comes hope, but there also comes another chance for tragedy and catastrophe...

Thus begins Spring 3,718.

Paladin Knight

14,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gender Swap 100
User Image
↩ Tahrim ibn Talaat al-Nasaar ↪
"Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have."

Mood: Drinking
Company: ---
OoC:

Tahrim sat at the back of the throne room early that morning. His world had been turned upside down three times in one day. First had been the murder of the princess... The second had been his promotion to captain... the third had been the murder of his father and entire household staff. In his hand was a bottle of the first fine liquor he could find in the palace. Dozens of murders, all by the same mad woman. And on top of that, Tahrim had gone from Lieutenant to Lord Nassar in around 24 hours. He took a long swig of the alcohol and just stared out into space. The palace was yet opened to the public for audiences, so he was safely not seen for the time being.

Tahrim sighed. This was a horrible, horrible time. It was worse that he should have to live it. First Hadiya, now his father. It was terrifying. And he was certain that the maiden had been trying to kill him. The guards who personally investigated her murders had a grim history of being murdered themselves. She was a cursed thing. If you were the poor sap sent to investigate, you could expect to be dead within the week.

Tahrim raised the bottle up in a mock toast. "Here's to you, you dead b*****d! You better watch over Hadiya's soul. Yeah, I know you are in hell and she is in Heaven, but that doesn't mean you should be a jerk about it..." He took another long swig. He wasn't yet inebriated, but unless something changed, he was bound to end up drunk before the day's end.

He wondered what else could go wrong. Farid had run off... Seemingly for good. The pilot of the weird air machine was yet to be found. The Maiden of Death was on the loose still. There were stirrings of rebellion amongst the peoples still. Some louder than others.

And as yet, nobody knew that Hadiya's body was gone from the church.

Unbeatable Raider

User Image Ihad rather excel others in the knowledge of what is Excellent, than in the extent of my Power and Dominion
Current Location:The Palace
Current Company:Tahrim
♉≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♉

Last night...was simply unbearable in its own way. Hamzah was happy that Rachael and Basma had their distractions in their paintings...but that left him to deal with the rest of his problems. Hamzah and his son Ali had an argument about where or not he should be allowed to go out to find Farid in the city...but that was all put on the back burner when they were presented with a new problem. Tahrim's father,his entire housing staff...they were all murdered in their home in the night by the Maiden of Death. This news shocked and horrified Hamzah to say the least. She's escalating... Never before had the Maiden killed so many people in such a short time. She was getting more confident...more bloodthirsty... This was a problem that the Emperor needed to take care of and fast. There was already panic in the streets because of this wreck and Hadiya's death...any more of these murders and there would a full rebellion soon and there could have been no way to stop it. Hamzah worked for as long as he could before he needed to rest, a list of things sitting on his desk for the next morning. Tahrim...Tahrim will be devastated... In some of his last emergency meetings with the Council,they were already prompting his new captain to the rank of lord in his destroyed family. It was a job that he never wanted and now he had. Oh my old friend...I'm so sorry...

The morning arrived and Hamzah was up and going in no time. "Have Mr.Creedy here and studying the craft as soon as possible. Lady Saul will need all the help she can get. Bring me a list of possible lieutenants to aid Captain Tahrim with his duties. I want to be able to promote someone by the end of the day. Continue the search for Farid and the Maiden. I want her found and I want her found now!" Hamzah said as he walked down the hall with a following of servants ready to take and complete his orders. Basma,Rachael and the rest of the family would sleep for a while...they needed it. Hamzah went to the throne room to get some things together when he found Tahrim. He was in the back of the throne room and it looked like he had been drinking since last night. Oh Gods,Tahrim... Walking over to the captain,Hamzah tapped Tahrim on the shoulder before helping him to his feet. "Tahrim...Good Gods,man. You've been drinking all night,haven't you? Come on, up on your feet..." The man smelled like fine booze...the good stuff that the kitchen kept in the back of the counters. "You've been hitting the hard stuff as well?" He had every reason to. When his father died,Hamzah wanted to hit the bottle for a while...but he had to keep his family together. "Come on,Tahrim. Now isn't the time for this..." They needed to catch this psycho woman and put an end to her!

Paladin Knight

14,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gender Swap 100
User Image
↩ Tahrim ibn Talaat al-Nasaar ↪
"Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have."

Mood: Drinking
Company: Hamzah
OoC:

Tahrim pulled himself away from the emperor somewhat roughly. "I'm find, Hamzah. I'm fine!" He set the now empty bottle on a stand and leaned against the wall. "I've not been drinking very long, my friend... I spent the evening in my private chambers in the barracks... I just found out that my father is dead... My mother..." He sighed. "Thank the gods, my mother is safe." He turned around and rested his back against the wall. Tahrim understood that his father was almost as bad as the other nobles. But he did have his moments of wisdom. And in the end, he still was Tahrim's father. And there was rarely an instance where there wasn't some form of familial love between two such people. Fathers and mothers and daughters and sons. Regardless of what else existed, those had always existed.

"Forgive me, Hamzah... Because of the commotion, I have hardly slept for the better part of three days. I am exhausted, hungry, and now must bear the burden of my father's position. I am not to be on the council or anything. But I must select my father's successor. I take my father's title plus whatever I have myself. I do not want this extra burden. But I have no choice, in the end. And..." Tahrim's mind drifted to the other end of the spectrum, his own progeny. Tahrim had been in an arranged marriage for some time. And his duties prevented him from seeing his wife most of the time. He had no children as of yet. And he was getting older and older. "My own wife... I have not seen her at all this last week." Tahrim slid back down to the floor. He was getting older and older and had been so focused on his job as guard that he had let his own family slip away from him.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff