Welcome to Gaia! ::

Where should the characters in this thread be transported to after leaving the treasure room?

Aboveground under the tree (i.e. directly to the camp). 0.8 80.0% [ 8 ]
Underground under the tree (i.e. under the hole in the ground that opened up). 0.1 10.0% [ 1 ]
Indifferent. 0.1 10.0% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 10 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 >

Corawai's Husbando

Dangerous Raider

7,025 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Hygienic 200
User Image

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX╔═══════════════════╗
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXE l i j a h X A u r e l i s
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX╚═══════════════════╝

Why don't you let me Be
Leave me Alone
You start a fire Inside
That I could never Control
You wanna see a Reaction?

The smoke would clear and Elijah would soon be able to make out the outline of a male. As his view cleared ever more the dark haired male realized that not only had he cleared the way for the male to descend upon them, but that he more than likely had the best weapon to do so violently, a crossbow. The standoff though was short lived though as the male lifted the sights of the crossbow off of Elijah and proceeded down the stairs through the gap that was created. Taking this as a sign of peace, even if only a temporary one, the emerald eyed male let the stones fall from his invisible grip before taking a deep breath and resting his left arm on the hilt of his blade. This was only as a precaution seeing as he was still the closest one to the newly found and armed stranger. He proceeded to greet them and even explained why he hadn't disarmed himself completely as they asked and honestly as most of them would have agreed, they'd have done the same. From his accent Elijah couldn't tell where he was from, but that was expected since it wasn't like he'd been everywhere to know the dialect between regions; all he knew was that it made everything the new comer said a task to decipher. Maria was the first to question him with why he was even down there to begin with, and the answer that was given was again believable if only because the only reason that they had discovered this spire was because of the same strange turn of events.

It was just as Nasrin stepped forward with her arms up and Elijah turned his glance from the males weapon to his appearance. Just as he said he was soaked which was more than enough for the dark haired male to alibi his story about careening down. She explained to him that while there was a definite exit with a camp and fire waiting on the path that they were coming from, she also warned the the course was not the safest of bets as there was more than likely going to be an encounter with bats of the giant variety and if he was unlucky another encounter of a far more reptilian kind. Maybe it was that he was to focused on their new comer, but Elijah hadn't picked up on Fatima's plan until the male who could obviously see the hostile stances from over Elijah's shoulder made not in the fact that he'd be content not to fight in such a desolate place but would defend himself if necessary.'If it came to blows, who's side would I join? Which ever side was gonna get me out of her with the most loot and in one piece.' the male though as he shifted his foot down a step so that he could look down at the rest of his companions. It was obvious that Fatima was as ready as any to take to the blade rather than words but wasn't expecting Maria to not back her hostility. Now it seemed everyone was in a faction all their own, while all Elijah wanted was to live long enough to spend the coin he had and maybe make a little more. Just as he thought that it all might really come to blows though the younger looking black haired male addressed the group before start past everyone up the stair case.

Agreed, Not that I don't think this is a situation worth defusing but I would like get out before a giant lizard comes and defuses it for us." He would say before starting up the stairs after Tobias.

Mood: Moving Along
                OOC:Sorry it took so long

╠ ◘ ✠ ◘ ╣"Good people only exist in times of peace. In times of chaos, there is no good or evil; Just survival."╠ ◘ ✠ ◘ ╣

Come on and cut me Down
                You've gone as far as I'll Go
                Now you're crossing the Line
                And I am letting you Know
                Well here's your Reaction!
                                    ___________________________________________________________

The Inverted Tower, Fourth Floor

Up the stairs, the mood in the air seems to lift. No longer does everything seem quite so dark and dank and dreary. In fact, the entire atmosphere of the next chamber seems to be brighter than usual, likely due in part to the soft neon green glow of thin beds of moss that lay in a patchwork all around the room's floor and walls. In this room, the tinkling and rushing of the water within the walls and the waterfall seems to generate a crystalline sound, like diamond ballerinas dancing off a jewel stage. There are no lyrics to the songs, yet the words can be understood within the minds of all nonetheless, no matter their native tongue.

Plink, plong, plip, tap, drip, plip...

Like magic.
                                            "Two... only right..."

If one is to clear their mind and stay perfectly still, the message comes into them freely, first piercing the mind, then the heart, and chest, fingers and toes.

"With one we see a little..."

Scattered around the room, between pieces of the glowing moss, are pieces of what look like buildings, ones unlike anything even the most experienced of travellers would have ever seen. Stone murals of a language long dead run along the border of faded and heavily stylized pictures of landscapes never before seen. Here and there all around the room lay pieces of something that would have once been white and pearly if polished. Only one of the pieces are whole, while the others are mere fragments, but they are all very hard, and are possibly horns of a giant bull-like beast.

"...six or seven aplenty..."

The stairs at the opposite side of the room – they are not there. If the group is to approach, they would find that it was no illusion. The wall really is solid. It would seem that the stairs Aiden took to come down there is no more. Where did they go?

Looking up at the ceiling, they would see a giant orange eye fixed upon them. It has been there the entire time, attached to the ceiling, a glass dome protruding out of the smooth surface so far beyond anyone's reach. Staring at them. Studying them through its glass lens. It blinks, revealing its dirty brass lid, and then it would descend down to observe the group further, from a closer point of view. It is tethered to the wall by a thick black cord that cannot be severed.

The eye goes to each of the humans, blinks, and then moves on. When everything was done, a noise penetrates the room. It sounds something akin to a screech from a giant brass horn. "SQUANKKKKKKKKKKK." The language, if it can be called one, is unintelligible to ears but like the voices in the room, in anyone's cleared mind the warning is perfectly clear:

"Thou should not be here. Thou dost not own't."
                                            "You should not be here. You do not own it." Oh look.
                                            The eye blinks, and then stares.

"BEGONE."
                                            "LEAVE" You are very clever to find this text. (:
                                            All the while, the voices in the chamber continue their chorus:

"With one we see a little
                                            With two it is only right
                                            With four or six or seven aplenty,
                                            the path can never be in sight."

Sparkly Scamp

x

User Image
artwork by Midori Foo, from Book of Picturesxxx

xxxxxxxxNasrin Aidziam

To her dismay, her attempt to rid herself of the stranger was infuriatingly unsuccessful. After making a jab at her hearing, he expressed his unwillingness to go off alone into the dark. Instead, despite the promise of a warm fire, he was going to cling to them and make her life hell. On the contrary, her hearing was so fine that she had to listen to him talk, and all she wanted to do was stick her fingers in her ears.

In hindsight she wished she’d had the sense to withhold the bit about the creatures that dwelled in the tower, but she had only used that information in hopes that the standoff wouldn’t end in violence. Damn, damn. Couldn’t he take a hint, or did he need a subtle shove? As if he hadn’t irritated her enough, his accent was becoming increasingly difficult for her to understand.

At that moment, she was certain the gods had thrown this man into her lap just to make her day a little less pleasant. What had she done to incur their scorn? As she looked at him, her eyes narrowed. Before relations could sour further, an exasperated Tobias interjected. When he pressed on, Elijah threw in his agreement and ascended the stairs after him. That was that. The cook didn’t want trouble, but he’d brandish a crossbow and instill in strangers the urge to rip one’s own hair out.

She looked to Maria, who had sunk to one knee. The woman was clutching her injured side, evidently in pain as she requested assistance from Fatima. Nasrin sighed and reached up to knead her temple, contemplating their next course of action. Despite her injury Maria didn’t express the desire to turn back, which was odd. This excursion wasn’t going as smoothly as she would have liked, one hindrance after another falling into their path. She didn’t expect to find an exit at the end, but she wanted to find something. “Don’t trail too far behind,” she told the pair. “I doubt we’ll be down here much longer.”

If they found nothing of value she wanted to retreat, sleep and forget the whole affair. By this point, she was weary of the dark. She rolled her shoulders back and tilted her head to the side until her aching neck gave a resounding crack. When she turned to the cook she wore a smile, but something simmered beneath the pleasant façade. “Do as you like,” she said. “If anything happens to you, cook, it’s not on my hands.” Then she set off after the others, brushing past him before she started up the stairs.

So she pressed on, frustrated and impatient. While she braced herself for the unexpected, she felt a change in their surroundings. Shadows were beginning to retreat, and it seemed that the upper regions of the tower were not as menacing as its depths. She stepped into a chamber filled with an otherworldly glow. Luminescing moss obscured elaborate murals, and the floor was littered with objects she couldn’t name.

There were no stairs, and Nasrin took this in with a frown. She assumed they could go no further. Silenced by disappointment, she glanced at the steps that led to the floors below. Though she heard nothing, words thrummed in her head and came in fractured pieces. A sort of mechanism was attached to the ceiling, and it seemed to be observing them. The messages were becoming clearer, and her brow furrowed. “I don’t know what to make of this,” she said. “What does this place want?”

Timid Gawker

User Image
                                          xxThexxworldxxisxxxxcruelxxplace ・ ・ ・

Eventually, the group of would be explorers delved deeper into the tower. The only goal in Tobias’ mind was to get out of this wretched place. Well, with a side of grabbing any more goodies beyond the few trinkets he had picked up previously. Hopefully, whatever was here had not already been taken. That would truly foul up the short-tempered thief’s already sour disposition. Only thing that would be worse if it was something trivial, or too large to carry. The latter meant needing others’ help.

The rogue hated being helpt.

And it was not because he had to kill the people afterward. Well, sometimes he let them continue their trivial existence; however more often than not they tried to gyp him. Though, paying anyone anything was considered the same as stealing outright. The real reason was he just hated having to rely on other people. It was a terrible hazard, as many of his former comrades would attest.

But that was neither here nor there. The group made it through the third level without incident. The floor similar to the others, the sounds of water in the background still eeriely continuing. And on the fourth floor, things got much brighter, and in more ways than one. The room was glowing softly, and the sound of water seemed to be.. speaking?

Tobias had to bite his cheek for a moment there. The pain let him know he was not dreaming up this whole situation. He had rather vivid dreams, and this whole episode certainly could have been one of those. But, alas, he was wide awake. So, the strange ‘voice’ that seemed to be whispering to him was, indeed, real. Or as real as a mental message could be. Tobias did not mention it though; lunacy was a good way to get oneself ostracized from the group.

As he strolled into the fourth floor, taking in the strange place, Tobias tried to listen. There was a melody to the ‘words’. His mind only briefly dwelt on them, as his eyes darted around and took in the rest of the chamber. The walls were covered in mosses, strange constructs, and what appeared to be messages on the wall. It was no script Tobias had experience with—not that he had any expertise in the field of dead or forgotten languages.

Without much thought, his body followed his eyes, approaching some shard that had long lost its luster. Tobias picked it up, and turned it over. It felt like a tusk, and the other fragments around reinforced that notion. It was faded and broken, but if it was all whole again it belonged to something large. Thankfully it was not still attached to such a beast. Tobias, as adept at combat as he was, prefered to not engage large, wild beasts.

But that was not the only strange thing. From above descended some mechanical eye. It darted across each of them, screeching that they did not belong in this place. The chorus in the background became only more clearer. Tobias felt like shoving one of his daggers into the side of his head at this point.

I don’t know what to make of this,” Nasrin stated. “What does this place want?

To make our heads explode?” chimed Tobias, completely serious.

He certainly wanted to. Casually brandishing his dagger, the rogue took a second before launching it upward. The thick cord holding the ‘eye’ was unphased. Tobias sighed and walked over to retrieve his blade. This was turning out to not be as much a walk in the park as he might have liked. Turning to their newest acquaintance with a large amount of suspicion, Tobias returned the blade to its sheath.

Now then, where did you get down here from?” the thief demanded.

He had come from this way. So, where were the stairs out? The only thing here were statues, carvings, and the strange chandelier-eye.

・ ・ ・ expectxxnoxxsympathyxxfromxxmexx

Dapper Raider

User Image
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
{{ϜᾳϮϊϻᾳ Ȧʅ'ᾳῳɧᾳɗϊ}}
                          Bounty Hunter

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

indentWell, that had been resolved peacefully, much to her chagrin. She had been hoping for a fight ever since the journal was read aloud and the lizard-men were alluded to. She hadn't had a good fight since the brawl with the horse thief a week ago. Well, looks like it'll just have to wait, she thought.

indentShe didn't flinch when she felt Maria's breath on her ear, followed closely by words of talk and help. She sheathed her sword, and hooked her left arm under both of Maria's, leaving her right hand free. "Then maybe it's best you don't use your magic for the foreseeable future, at least until that rib heals," she said quietly in return. "I'll take the rear guard, then." she said as the group began to climb the stairs.

indentLuckily the ascent went smoothly. But as she climbed the steps, Fatima began to feel uneasy. It felt wrong, somehow. She was having a hard time assigning words to the feeling, but maybe it was better that way. A feeling such as this shouldn't be put into mortal words. Her uneasy feeling as affirmed when she stopped at the top of the stairs, giving Maria time to rest. She began to hear whispers. It seemed to be a riddle, but she couldn't seem to catch the entire verse.

indentBut then Fatima almost screamed.

indentA giant eye descended from the ceiling, blinking with a brass eyelid. Fatima froze with shock as the thing began moving closer. She hoped that it wouldn't, that it would just go back into its place in the ceiling, pretending to be a decoration.Dreadfully it didn't. It began examining each of the group, and she hoped that it wouldn't approach her. It didn't stay for long, it blinked than was gone. She clasped a hand over her ear as the eye emanated a loud sound when it was done, almost like a horn. She heard the warning loud and clear, and she agreed with the voice. At that moment she was done with the place.

indent"Starting to regret meeting me yet, Maria?" she said, her smile more of a grimace.

Dangerous Millionaire

4,425 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
User Image
Aiden Hale

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Remember the past, live in the present, and fight for the future.

Yeh know what I feel like?: Curious, thoughtful
S'nothing that I haven't dealt with before: Cold, but I don't feel it anymore.
They're not so bad...: Group of strangers. Just when I needed Hans most, I'm stuck with these people.

Yeah, I've been around. Yeh wan' to hear about it?
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

Great! Wonderful! Most of these people wanted to kill him, and he was stuck with them for a while. What a joyous group this was going to be. They wanted to hate him, fine by him. He just wanted out. As far as he was concerned, they could hate him all they wanted. The all started up the stairs, and Aiden turned to follow them. It wasn't as if he had wanted to come down here himself. No, that had been forced on him. Maybe he had taken the wrong approach in dealing with these people, but that didn't matter to him either.

On his second trip upstairs, he noticed a lot more. Chiefly, some great eye thing came down from the ceiling to observe them all. Some of them seemed a little freaked out by it, but not Aiden. He just stared back at it coolly as it looked him over. Ok, so he hadn't ever seen something like that before, but he was used to weird things happening in old ruins, so this didn't faze him one bit. The eyeball let out a screech, which translated to a warning in his mind. A warning he intended to fully ignore. This place was strange, and obviously something was being hidden from them. Something worth finding, perhaps?

Next thing he noticed were all the murals scattered around the place. He had never seen anything quite like these either, but he could clearly make out some kind of language all around the borders of these things. If Hans had been here, he would have insisted on staying awhile just to see if he could translate them. There was a steady drip drip of water coming from all around him, but there was something else there. He closed his eyes, let his mind fall blank. And then the words came to him. Some kind of riddle, for sure. But a riddle for what?

It was then that he noticed that the stairs he had taken to get down here from above were gone. Apparently, the black haired, red eyed male had noticed as well. Aiden had missed him throwing the dagger at the eye, but he sure didn't miss him demanding him to say where he had come down from. This guy was really getting on his nerves. But he figured now was not the time for his usual sarcastic reply to such a stupid questions. From a set of stairs, of course, you idiot. Instead, he walked over to a stretch of blank wall, and pressed his hand up against it. It was solid, that much was certain. "Right here. There was a set of stairs right here that I walked down to get here." he said. Strangely, probably to these people they would think it was strange, his accent seemed to have vanished. He wasn't angry anymore, and his cold was all but forgotten. He always slipped when he was stressed, it had been the bane of Dacs existence when they were in a dangerous situation. But now he wasn't. Now he was just curious. That little spark within him had lit up again, and it was driving him to discover the mysteries of this place. It was almost like being back with his friends again. Except the part where he wasn't with his friends. Just a bunch of strangers.

Slowly, with the riddle singing in his mind, he set out to examine the rest of his surroundings. There were pieces of what looked like sculpture littered all over the place. One piece was whole, and it looked like it could be the horn of some kind of animal. Horns usually came in sets of two, right? He went over to the scattered pieces of the rest of the sculpture, picking a few up and looking at where they had broken. Finding two pieces that looked as though they fit together, he pressed there ends together. Nothing happened. No problem, it just meant that his first guess hadn't been right. He set the pieces down and went back over to the wall.

The riddle was still playing in his mind. "With one we see a little, with two it is only right, with four or six or seven aplenty, the path can never be in sight."

He had come down here, from those stairs. That he was sure of. Somehow, he had been able to walk right through this wall into this room with no trouble to speak of. Of course, he hadn't looked over his shoulder at the time. There had been no need of it. But the fact remained that he had unwittingly beaten this enchantment. Now how had he done it?

He looked up at the eye. It was still there, watching them all with keen interest. He didn't pay any attention to the rest of those in his group. They probably didn't even know they were being asked a riddle. It was probably up to him to solve this. He found that he was staring at the eye. With one, we see a little. Well, that was one big eye. And it surely saw a little. A little bit of this place. With two it is only right? Maybe, this was the answer. He hoped that it wasn't tied to the number of people in the room. He doubted he'd be able to get them to leave.

His head came back down to look at the wall. The wall that hadn't been there when he had stepped through it earlier. Stepped through it looking at it with two eyes. Maybe it was the answer, maybe it wasn't. But the only way that they were going to solve this riddle was if they tried. He closed one eye, staring at the wall. If this didn't work, he'd tell them all to get out, just in case it had to be only one person. Doubtless they'd complain about it, but he'd just ignore them if they did.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
                                    ___________________________________________________________

For all the staring at the wall Aiden might do over the next few minutes, nothing would come out of it. It seems that his staring at the space where the stairs should have been with one eye closed was not the solution to their problem...

The metal eye remains hovering above them, watching. It makes no move to attack them, and only continues to state the same facts, that the group does not belong there and that something isn't theirs to take, and follows up by telling them to leave. It would appear that it is hardly a guardian of the chamber; the giant eye is more akin to an observer than anything, like a security camera.

Dapper Explorer

7,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
User Image
User Image

_______________________________________________________________________

With Fatima’s support, Maria was able to make it up the stairs with minimal pain and effort. While her side was still in pain, it was certainly less than before. Now she was useless, a child trying to play knights. Couldn’t wielder her axe, couldn’t use any magic without straining herself. She hated having to rely on people for help, it made her feel extremely weak. A life of being independent had deterred her from always relying on someone to give her a hand. She would be kicking herself for her stupidity later on. To think, it all started with a misstep.

Music? Was that music she seemed to hear in the air? It didn’t sound like she the music she was used to. Maria was more used to raunchy tavern songs, string instruments and shouting. Her music told the tales of great heroes and told stories…This just seemed like something a snotty noble would listen to and try to proclaim that is such a good song. All she would do is scoff at them and roll her eyes. A reason she couldn’t work for nobles. Having to wear a crest on her chest wasn’t her kind of work. Come to think of it, Fatima did have some symbols on her tabard…That is what it was called, right? Was she a knight to a lord or just liked fancy drawings on her? That is when the speaking started.

This was incredibly creepy, she wasn’t a fan of this at all. They were being told a riddle. It was talking about vision and eyes. At the end, it made a noise similar to a church bell and went on to repeat itself, the ominous eye following them. Being watched like prey, Maria felt uneasy until Fatima spoke up, smiling at her.

“Not one bit,” she grinned, looking up at her savior, then thinking back to the riddle. What could of it been. One was plenty, two is always right, but anymore can something will never be in sight.

“Eyes?” Maria questioned for all to hear. You can see fine with one eye and two is the correct number, but you add anymore and it becomes nigh impossible to see,” she suggested, hoping to hear what everyone else though.

_______________________________________________________________________

Interesting Prophet

User Image
¥ Sebastian Beird ¥

Sebastian followed Nasrin taking up strides to equal her's as they walked. He searched the rooms constantly looking for any sort of threat. He was not going to be caught off guard. So far, however, no threats had appear. He found the fact more disconcerting than comforting, but it was best to keep moving. The injured woman fell back with the other woman then saying something of pain. Sebastian grimaced slightly. It might have been best for the woman to stay back at camp. As the came to the fourth floor a noise invaded Sebastian's head forming into words that repeated themselves dutifully ingrained the words into all who listened.

The room they entered was collections of ruins and broken horns. Could there have been a battle with beasts? There was quite a bit of destruction, but time is a steady and patient destroyer. He peered around the room finding the eye descending on them and scrutinizing each person individually. Sebastian found this to be most unnerving. He might have rather fought off a pack of beasts than see the eye. Was someone watching them that they couldn't see? He didn't like that thought. He also did not like that it wasn't affected by weapons. He felt a little more at ease after it screeched it's warning and settled back into it's perch.

Then they discovered that the stairs had disappeared. This was when Sebastian listened to the riddle more intently. It, no doubt, was the source of answer for their troubles. He listened to everyone's speculations. Thinking on everything himself. “Perhaps it's the number of people looking for the exit.” Sebastian stated. “Though I don't like the idea of splitting up. We may only be able to go through one at a time.” If that was the case it was excellent trap. Easy to pick the people off one by one and you would never know if the person made it through because you wouldn't be able to watch. Perhaps they could close there eyes? But that was doubtful to work. The eyes purpose was most likely to count the people in the room. It wouldn't be deceived by something so simple.

Sparkly Scamp

x

User Image
artwork by Midori Foo, from Book of Picturesxxx

xxxxxxxxNasrin Aidziam

At the retort from Tobias she could only stifle a laugh, aggravated by the cacophony of voices in the chamber. “It’s doing a fine job,” Nasrin grumbled, but for all her grousing she was intrigued by this discovery. Only moments before she had anticipated they would only find another empty room, and she’d considered turning back. With these findings it was evident the tower had something to hide, and she was glad she had pressed on. Needless to say, she wanted to satisfy her curiosity.

The dagger thrown at the mechanism above them seemed to have little effect. She wasn’t the only one irritated at the thing, apparently. It spouted nothing beyond its command for their departure, and she assumed questions would yield nothing. Who would go to the trouble of implementing that without good reason? Her suspicions about the tower and its contents were confirmed, but she hoped Tobias would refrain from assaulting that mechanism a second time. It hadn’t moved to attack them yet, but who was to say it wouldn’t change its mind?

After retrieving his dagger Tobias turned to the cook to question him. In response the man laid his hand on the wall, and Nasrin raised both eyebrows at his claim that a set of stairs had once been there. Skeptical, she nudged one of the many tarnished pieces that littered the floor with her foot. She saw no evidence of steps in the place he indicated, so she wouldn’t be so quick to accept his tale. When it came to the intangible she was out of her element, so unless his stairs decided to reappear she would continue to doubt him.

The moss that dappled the chamber grabbed at her attention. Moving quietly, she went to brush aside a clump of the luminescing growth, scrutinizing a portion of the mural hidden beneath. The unfamiliar script was of little significance to her. She could barely read as it was, so deciphering an ancient language was out of the question. When she decided she could glean nothing from the writings or the structures depicted there, she stepped away and the moss settled back into place.

The chamber was ordering them to leave, yet at the same time it was hinting at what was required to move forward. Out of every guess and speculation presented, Sebastian’s made the most sense to her. “Yes, that would explain why he had little trouble coming down,” she said, her mind working as she gazed at the wall. This was why she thought Sebastian was good company. He was straightforward, and when he did decide to speak he always had something useful to say. Most people were only tolerable in small doses, but he was one of the few exceptions.

“Well,” she began, “If you’re right, it seems that some among us will either have to turn their backs to that wall or leave the room entirely. Shall we give that a try?” Nasrin doubted that either of these methods would convince stairs to miraculously appear, but what harm would it do to try? Then there was the task of deciding who would proceed and who would stay behind.

Corawai's Husbando

Dangerous Raider

7,025 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Hygienic 200
User Image

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX╔═══════════════════╗
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXE l i j a h X A u r e l i s
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX╚═══════════════════╝

Why don't you let me Be
Leave me Alone
You start a fire Inside
That I could never Control
You wanna see a Reaction?

As Elijah took the full room into view the it was safe to say the room itself was taking them into view as well. As compared the last couple of floors the group had come across, this was one was more like being in an abandoned ruin than a dank cave. Wandering around for a bit though brought to light that the room itself was with out another set of stairs. Once a few more steps in a sound which soon revealed itself as a whisper started to creep into Elijah's ears. Turning back slightly to see who's voice was filling the room he was met with a puzzled look on most faces. As the speech continued on, Elijah finally caught on that it was less a sound that was hitting his ears at the same time, but rather he was hearing the lines of dialogue from inside his head. As little of an eerie feel that his room gave off compared to the other with the lurking creatures and all Elijah found himself more unsettled by the thought that in this room his mind was not his own. Nasrin was the first to speak on what ever every one was hearing. 'What do you mean place? How could a place want anything?! Damn it I don't like the feel in here. The male thought before turning back from the rest of the group only to freeze as an unexpected observer inspected him.

The eye in the orb had completely taken the dark haired male by surprise and it took every ounce of fortitude he had to just not stumble back in fear. With a few blinks though it was off to the next person in tow. A terrible screech would fill the thief's mind next as the voice that had been chiming in his head ordered him away along with the rest saying they had no claim to the rooms secrets or so Elijah inferred. The banter that continued in the background was about the words that were left after the warning. A nursery rhyme without the tune or even a riddle, maybe even the hint to getting to whatever the giant eye thing was hiding a few theories went back and forth, but the already rattled Elijah was trying to thing more logically. As the others tested a few things and some not taking there eyes off of the ceiling, Elijah started over to where Aiden had said the stairs were and felt around the area did look as if it had been disturbed at some point or maybe that was just hopeful thinking for the emerald eyed male who wanted to be done with the room as quickly as possible.

“Perhaps it's the number of people looking for the exit...Though I don't like the idea of splitting up. We may only be able to go through one at a time.

“Well,” she began, “If you’re right, it seems that some among us will either have to turn their backs to that wall or leave the room entirely. Shall we give that a try?” Sebastian and Nasrin would go back and forth deciding on a feasible answer to the riddle. Elijah would have also taken up the challenge of bringing down that part of the ceiling, contraption and all if they thought it would have been a way out. Getting up from his stooped position, The dark haired male started back over the stairs that brought them up to this echoing room before speaking.

"If that's the case then i'll start down first and make sure the room below is safe to sit in for a while til someone tests it out. If this doesn't work a final solution would either be to turn back or bring down that part of the roof. Best try our hand at solving the riddle first though." Elijah would say before starting on his way down the stairs. It was half truth that he did want a better way to get out than risk the roof collapsing from him tugging on a stone or two. The other part was anything to get the ringing out of his ears along with that ghastly rhyme. Taking a seat at the bottom step the male would stretch slightly, his shoulders tired from carrying his full pack but the loot inside wasn't just something you could leave behind. Moving his blade to his lap so that he could sit comfortably, Elijah was just happy that it seemed his mind was his own again.

Mood: Moving Along
                OOC:Sorry it took so long

╠ ◘ ✠ ◘ ╣"Good people only exist in times of peace. In times of chaos, there is no good or evil; Just survival."╠ ◘ ✠ ◘ ╣

Come on and cut me Down
                You've gone as far as I'll Go
                Now you're crossing the Line
                And I am letting you Know
                Well here's your Reaction!

Timid Gawker

User Image
                                          xxThexxworldxxisxxxxcruelxxplace ・ ・ ・

Aiden was quick to respond to the half-accusation. For the sake of the group, it was a good thing his reply was tame, but boring. Tobias tracked the male with his eyes as he made his way to an uninteresting stretch of the wall and inspected it.

Right here. There was a set of stairs right here that I walked down to get here.

Aiden, however, was pointing to a wall. Tobias rolled his eyes at that, but said nothing. Either he was lying, or there was something fishy going on in here. Now, Tobias was quick to accuse others of the same thing he did on a regular basis, but in this instance, he was rather certain that the wayward cook was being mostly honest with them. After all, it really served no purpose to act like a madman among strangers. The chanting, the lack of an exit, and that creepy mechanical eye above them combined to give Tobias quite the headache. He ruffled his hair in frustration before walking slowly around the room.

The rogue was looking for another way out of this place than stairs. Tobias was more than comfortable scaling walls not meant to be climbed, so if he found one he would be up it in a hurry; however, no such exit appeared to him. And he was at this point doing his best to ignore the idle ‘chant’ that continued to drone in the background. He was not fond of riddles; needless obfuscation of facts. He was also just stupid when it came to them.

However, it seemed the others were taking shots at a solution. Although Maria and Aiden were off the mark, and even Tobias didn’t see how that made much sense, Sebastian proposed it required only one person in the room at a time. That was plausible enough. The mechanized eye made sure there was only a solitary person, otherwise no exit? This meant going in one at a time, however; Tobias wanted to be first so he could run off with the treasure, naturally.

Elijah and Nasrin both agreed that this had to be the solution. The violet-haired male even offered to make sure the previous room was still clear, and headed that way. Now, how to slyly get what he wanted?

Yeah, well I’m staying here,” he said, with an overly upset tone. “I’d like to chop whoever made this riddle-room in the throat...

He was hoping no one would have a problem with that. Not that they would have reason to. Tobias just felt like acting upset was the surest way to ensure going first. The alternative was plain asking to be first, and that left the question of why anyone in a dangerous place would want to be the first person into a room, let alone by themselves in a room with strange magicks about.

・ ・ ・ expectxxnoxxsympathyxxfromxxmexx

Dangerous Millionaire

4,425 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
User Image
Aiden Hale

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Remember the past, live in the present, and fight for the future.

Yeh know what I feel like?: Trying to be reasonable.
S'nothing that I haven't dealt with before: Still wet
They're not so bad...: Still don't know their names...

Yeah, I've been around. Yeh wan' to hear about it?
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

Well that didn't work. Not that it bothered him that much. He hadn't really been expecting it too. In his experience, riddles usually didn't have that simple of an answer. Which meant he had too fall back on his second guess to this. Which meant he was going to have to get everyone too leave. Some how, most of everyone else seemed to have come to that that conclusion. His sentiment was being shared around the group, which was good, because it meant that he wasn't going to have to argue with them to leave. However, the black-haired-red-eyed man suggested that he be the one to stay, his reason being that he wanted to kill whoever had come up with this riddle. This made Aiden let out a derisive snort. "Yeah, real smart. And what if the person you come up against has a bigger sword then you, huh? You'd be outta luck then." he said. He turned around to face the rest of them, taking them in more fully then he had at first.

The only other two who wore armor like him were the two females, one of whom was supporting the other. That left the injured one out of the question. Which really on left him and the one with the large axe. "I say it should be either me, or her." he said, pointing at the one with the axe. "Simply for the reason because we have armor, which'll make anything that wants to kill us when we go up there have to work just a little harder." he said. He gave the other a once over, before continuing on. "And I'd prefer her because she has that big axe, which'll make anything that tries to attack her think twice about what it's doing." That would be his ideal solution to this one. He hoped they would go along with it. Partly because if something was waiting up there for them, that black haired guy would probably not stand much of a chance.

And partly because he just plain didn't want him to go up there first, because he didn't trust him. Not that he really trusted anyone here, too be honest. But since they were all in this together, he felt he might as well help them get out of here alive. He hoped that would be easy, but he wasn't one to take many chances in a situation like this. Not anymore. "Anyone else think that's a better plan?" he said. He glanced over at the red eyed man. "Of course, we can still just let Mister Daggers over there go up first. Not the smartes' idea, but I'm sure he'd do a good job of letting us know if there's any trouble up there, one way or another."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Interesting Prophet

User Image
¥ Sebastian Beird ¥

Sebastian was mildly surprised as the rock man opted to scout out their recently exited room. Though he did find it admirable. The man with injured leg however seemed less admirable. Sebastian was weary of him. He seemed too rash. The blonde suspected that the man would, at some point make a decision that would jeopardize the group. Sebastian would have to keep watch of him. He didn't like the idea of the rash man being the first through. He would most likely take off right after he was through and leave the group behind. That however could potentially be more harmful for him. Being alone was not the best course of action in uncharted territory.

Then the new man retorted back to the injured man sarcastically. Sebastian looked around the room ignoring the jest. He had never agreed with that sort of talk. It wasn't productive. The new man's words, however, then shifted to so something progressive. Sebastian glanced at the woman indicated who was supporting the injured woman. It was logical to have the extra protection, but Sebastian wasn't sure how much protection it would provide against the reptiles if she met them on the other side. Then again it would be better aid than nothing.

“I'll help her if you're willing to go first?”
He said moving to the woman. She seemed able bodied. He was sure she could fight, but he wouldn't force her into it. “I'll go if you don't wish to.” He said holding his torch and waiting for an answer. He himself had some charms on his clothes that would provide some protection, though it was minimal. He rather the rash man not go first. Sebastian didn't like the uncertainty of what he would do, and he would rather not loose someone in the group because they didn't think before they acted.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Rules/Guidelines Shift

Please see [here] for details.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas