Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sweet Egg

57,525 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Master Converter 500
Only One Chance:

JANE BARRETT

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

We never said our love was evergreen
Or as unchanging as the sea
But if you can still remember,
Stop and think of me
Think of all the things
We've shared and seen
Don't think about the way
Things might have been
Recall those days, look back on all those times
Think of those things we'll never do
There will never be a day
When I won't think of you

Jane smiled sadly. The quote was one she'd heard before. "Well no offense to great men, but I could well do without the pain." She blushed as she realized how forward she had been with the man she had met so recently. It seemed going so long without someone to talk to had truly made her desperate for conversation. Death had not mended the mental patients wits, so they were often difficult to hold a conversation with. "But....I suppose there is something to it. You understand the poetry and music, at any rate."

As he spoke of her feelings against walking, she blushed again. "Oh, forgive me." She said quickly. "I did not mean to infer that I did not wish to walk. I wanted only to warn you about the possible outcomes so you would walk prepared." She had not seen him much around the place. And as she had not heard about ghosts passing over to the other side and coming back, she had to assume he had been keeping very much to himself for over a century. How lonely that must have been. If she had struggled with company walking among the children and other spirits, how much more must the struggle be without anyone to speak to?

Companion: Dr. Lincoln
Emotion: Embarrassed
User Image

Rachel ☩ Smith

Did that just move?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A puzzled look washed over Rachel's face, More than three years? she just couldn't understand it, why had she not see this man before? The building itself was huge, then it hit her. Maybe this man was a squatter. Maybe he just came and lived here in a part of the building. A feeling of relief swept over her body, "That would explain a lot..." she muttered to herself raising her hand to for chin in thought. Her eyes gradually reached her watch and saw how late lunch was now. "Oh my, sorry James would you care to stay seated while I fix lunch for the others?"
She stood up and walked swiftly to the fridge to see what they had for the children. "It can be easy to loose track of time, I mean I did just." Rachel looked back at James and smiled before reaching into the back of the fridge and pulled out two huge boxes. She turned and placed them on the counter in the centre of the room. "So," she started as she pulled out some bags of chicken breast, "If you don't mind me asking... Who is the man with the teeth?" Rachel kept pulling out the bags of frozen only looking up at James occasionally trying to show she wasn't too busy with preparing lunch to talk.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Oliver Lincoln
Hello, I will be your☽Doctor

User Image

Oliver smiled, "Forgive me, we shall stay here then, I just thought the light would highlight your beautiful complexion." His smile turned into a grin, he found it so entertaining to play with his prey. Oliver noticed an old chair not to far from him and decided to bring it closer, it had most likely been left up here since St Mary's had closed down. As he reached out toward it he paused, out of all the foggy memories that he had floating around in his mind only one had stuck.
He watched from his window on the day of closure yet it brought none to him. Many of the dead did not even realise what was happening. But he shook the feeling away and collected the chair, then returned to his previous position.
As Oliver sat down he reached into his pocket and produced his notebook and blue fountain pen. He flipped through the pages sitting closer to the edge of his seat until he reached a blank page. Oliver looked back up at Jane and asked her, "You don't mind do you? I just like to make a note of some things as my memory has crumbled over the years and I need to keep reminding myself of... Certain events." He chuckled and placed it on his lap waiting for her response. Oliver might be dead but his professional code of conduct still proved to mean a great deal to him.

Anxious Genius

User Image
....................................................................................James Merce
.....................................................................................James Merce

I guess people do have to eat, don't they? James smiled up at Rachel, and stayed in his seat. "Go ahead, it isn't good when one goes hungry." James' eyebrows twitched down in a flash of a frown. "I'd know," he muttered. He shook his head a little, as if he was trying to shake the thoughts he was having from his head. He'd been reminded of when he couldn't eat the food they gave him. The food was poisoned, I would have died. James frowned again, face sour. Would have died quicker.

James snapped his head up to face Rachel when she asked about the man with the teeth. "Oh, you know." He blew air out of his nose. "The man, he follows everyone around." He wrapped his arms around his torso, hugging himself for comfort. "The man with the teeth like a pile of broken wood and the tarry rotten skin. He screams, as I'm sure you know, he screams and it is a terrible noise." James covered his ears lightly, pulling on the short hair above his ears. "He used to only come when night came, but he is bold. Bold, bold, bold. He comes when he pleases, and he takes away people." James dropped his hands, setting them in his lap. "He took the children, I know that's what happened to them. They turned a certain age and he took them." James looked worried. "That's why I wanted to warn you. You're older than the children when he takes them, so he's going to take you," James finished, speaking just barely above a whisper.

xx_Madame Rouge

Sweet Egg

57,525 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Master Converter 500
Only One Chance:

JANE BARRETT

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

We never said our love was evergreen
Or as unchanging as the sea
But if you can still remember,
Stop and think of me
Think of all the things
We've shared and seen
Don't think about the way
Things might have been
Recall those days, look back on all those times
Think of those things we'll never do
There will never be a day
When I won't think of you

Jane blushed again when he mentioned her beauty. She had heard before that her face was quite attractive, they called her "The Darling of London". But for someone to say it so straight-forward, it made her uneasy. Still, she remembered her manners at all times. "Thank, Dr. Lincoln." She said quietly. "That's very kind of you to say." She watched as he sat down, picking a chair not far off to sit down in herself. Her posture was pristine, with her back perfectly straight and her hands folded nicely in her lap. The doctor then took out a notebook and pen. She frowned slightly, unsure. She didn't know that she would want her actions to be written down. She was certain she would not do anything improper, as she had perfected her civility over the course of her life and the years since her death. But there was something incredibly unnerving in knowing your actions would be scrutinized. "Certain events?" She asked. "What would those be?" She could not think of anything that had happened lately that needed to be remembered. But then, the years seemed to be blurring together in her mind. It seemed like just the other day this place was still an asylum. How the years flew.

Companion: Dr. Lincoln
Emotion: Uneasy

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas