Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Businessman

Prize Fighter and Brawler Tzak 'The Ripper' Bishop has finally decided as his age is approaching the range of 30, that it was time to slow down on his fighting career just a little. In the mean time the millionaire play boy has decided to begin hosting his own assortment of tournaments in order to bring a little diversity to the table. The Beatdown was the precursor to the legacy he is working to build out of his simple club. Despite this fact, The Contest of Champions will not feature the limitations of The Beatdown such as no powers or weapons. Instead, this tournament will be open to any and all. Whether you be a knight, paladin, merc., assassin, pirate, ninja, samurai...you get the picture.

WINNER TAKES HOME 10,000,000 GOLD!!!

All respecting place winners will also have bragging rights and will have their picture posted up in the club as recognition for the deed done.

You think you got what it takes to compete or even to win. Put you mettle where your mouth is and sign up for this tournament.

Note there is no entry fee, so you have nothing to lose but the tournament itself.

Dangerous Businessman

The rules for the this tournament are few, simple, and as follows:

- Use common sense. If it doesn't seem possible, it probably isn't. Though this is a site and tournament based on super natural idea, one must still use some degree of common sense. Also, keep in mind that what a character is capable of is determined by the writer of said character, not the opponent. Despite that remark, the writer should always play 'fair' and refrain from doing too many things at once and from dodging every single move thrown at them. Like real life, people get hurt sometimes. And sometimes even die.

- AMP, also known as the Anti-Munch Project, is by no means the rule of thumb, though it is a great references to what is widely unacceptable in character such as God-Modding, Auto-Hitting, etc. This rule reinforces the first one about common sense.

- I won't list what is unacceptable in this tournament. Profiles will be screened and reviews will be issued on unacceptable materials. Once accepted, the profile may be altered pre-tournament. Though this means also that if changes are made, another review will be passed, and if the new revisions made are unacceptable, such a note will be made and given to the submitting person for more alterations to be made. Once the tournament has begun, profiles may not be altered unless otherwise stated, and the use of something not covered in the profile will result in disqualification. Please, please, please explain with enough detail what your character is and what they can do. Simply saying they are a Vampire and not listing specific racial traits is unacceptable as there are in theory several different types of vampires that differ from one another.

- Here we have a no bitching policy. If you sign up for this tournament, and end up not liking something about it whether it is an opponent in a fight, a judge's call, whatever, just remember you signed up. Nobody asked you to come here, and so if you don't like something, just inform me you are leaving, and leave.

- If you have problems IC/OOC, PM me or the person the problem it is with to try and resolve it. This can be a problem understanding what is happening in a match or things similar to the sort. Once again, no bitching. Don't PM people harassing them over a situation of any sort. That s**t is just rude.

- I reserve the right to add or edit rules at any and all times. This tournament is my first big tournament hosted, and so it may not be perfect, but I will do my best to make it a fun experience for all. Most cases, the one hosting the tournament does not compete. In this case, I will either participate fully, or reserve myself as an eliminator. In the case I somehow actually won the tournament, know ahead of time, that I will award first place cash prize OOC'wise to the runner up. But the fame and glory, and the IC money won/kept will be all Bishop's.

- As for registration, there is no specific profile skeleton. I encourage anyone interested to send in their own personalized profile. These Profiles will not be displayed to the public, they are just for my eyes and for other judges if I have them. As stated above, be sure to include any and all details necessary to best understand your character and their capabilities.

Dangerous Businessman

REGISTRATION STATUS: CLOSED!!!!!!!!!

Here is a basic profile is needed:

Gaia name:
Roleplay character name:
Nicknames:
Race:
Weight:
Other: (Be sure to list all Racial traits, powers, weapons and anything else of importance in your profile...or you won't be able to use such information in the tournament.)
What are you the Champion of?:

TOURNAMENT ROSTER
Slash Zinrai | Eric Suyaa
Col. Iyam A Heita
Shockingcat | Umbra
Sunsworn | Szar (Pending)
Tres Ecstuffuan | As Himself
Scalar Warfare | The Baron
Darkest Silver | Jay S. Bourne
DarkKingJilly | Lucas The Imperfect One (Pending)
Savoki Sanoci | Darius Kaiq
Spiritus Immortalis | Alexander Tyson
Master Entreri | Kire Shirome
themightyjello | Justice Guy
Lord Haelstrom | Hank Hill
Truest Valor | Canaan Noble
Glorious Athena | Glorious Athena
SpiritArcanis | Jace Arcanis (Pending)
The Great Absolute | Ertai Vexic
We Came To Fight | Elliot Pope
Frozen Kaori Chan | Stefania
OutlawD One | Bojuka Brown
Dear Princess Molestia | Rosalyn Azubarith

Dangerous Businessman

My first big tournament....

Dangerous Businessman

Do I need to start posting some mad rhymes to draw the crowd?

Powerhouse

11,375 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Partygoer 500
Yes, you do.

Generous Businessman

13,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
ImNoHero
Do I need to start posting some mad rhymes to draw the crowd?

******** RP plots...

******** the Guild...

******** Gaia at large.

I'm bringing Dithakar back from the bullshit, and doing what it is that I do best.

Sign me up when the Registration opens.

Dapper Citizen

This s**t, right here.
This is relevant to my interests.
I will be keeping a close eye on this, oh yes.

...Just as soon as I figure out how to have a fighting chance, since Alfred's kind of underpowered for Gaia right now as far as I can tell, this new guy I'm working on's entire point is that he's a completely mundane human bareknuckle brawler, and I don't even ******** have anyone else beyond those two, THIS'LL BE FUUUUN.

Dangerous Businessman

Welcome gents.

Also, Dezris, you just reminded me how stoked I am for the premiere of the BKB circuit coming up on Saturday.

Bare Knuckle Boxing.

Bishop is largely a Bare Knuckle Brawler, through boxing is the first part of that. Haha.

Until Dithikar he mostly kept to his ragtag mode of combat, but after getting beat so badly he had to learn some new tricks.

I look forward to seeing you guys around for sure.

Perhaps your new character, Dez, would be interested and could be considered for The River Styx gang.

We will find out eventually.

Dapper Citizen

Yeah I just remembered that when I used Alfred in HoH he was pretty much just a mundane bareknuckle boxer type too, and that was pretty fun, so I'mma probably just go with this new guy now that Al's moved away from that and I've come up with this guy pretty much specifically to fill in the absence of a brawler that that left me. Might limit my options against more powerful characters, but ******** it, the point's to have fun, not like I go into these things thinking I can win it anyway. And from an IC perspective his general interest in fighting for the sake of fighting gives him a reason for going into tournaments that Al doesn't have so much anymore, soooo.

The new guy's (still not entirely sure what to call him, I have some ideas so it's just a matter of narrowing them down at this point but still) not really just a ragtag brawler type anyway. He's got a sort of street fighting hybrid style, taking in moves he sees used on the streets and elements from a few martial arts, but the main component of it is boxing, having been in a club for it for most of his teen years (guy's still just 19, but he's dropped all that by now, just a street fighter at this point), and having taken some karate lessons a bit before that gives him that to draw on too for stuff like kicks that the boxing wouldn't help with. At least that's the general idea so far, I still need to tighten it up a bit, figure out what style of karate and all that, but yeah.

Dangerous Businessman

Dezris

He has a lot in common with Bishop, Pope, practically most of TRS. Have you figured out what type of character he is in terms of attitude and personality?

He could totally be a candidate for the gang, and the tournament would build story towards Bishop discovering him.

Being human is what makes him a strong candidate too.

Most of TRS excluding Drew (YummyBiscuits), started as humans. Once they prove themselves worthy, Bishop gives them a dosing shot of Compound V which is essentially a Super Soldier serum. It effects everyone a little different, and starts out as a small booster but gets stronger as the character gets stronger from working out and stuff.

Bishop is the strongest user, Pope is the fastest, Jay is a little stronger than Pope but not stronger than Bishop and not faster then Pope, etc. Drew is an exception.

So basically he would be turned from Human to Metahuman and given the power needed to help contend against the swarms of supernatural around the lands of Gaia.

3nodding

Dapper Citizen

Well, I was originally thinking of just keeping him standard human in the long term, but that'd leave him permanently underpowered for Gaia I guess, so I'm not sure. And this particular upgrade sounds like it'd fit in pretty well with the character anyway, so I might be up for it even with it contradicting my original plans, it's not like plans are ever solid in this sort of RP anyway. Either way I'd be interested in doing such a story potentially leading up to it even if it doesn't end up with him joining in the end, though, so yeah, that part sounds good.

EDIT: Derp, completely missed the question on personality.
Uhhhhh.
I have some ideas, but again, nothing solid yet. Certainly he's a fighter because he enjoys it, but beyond that I haven't developed him well enough to really say anything either way at that point. I'll see how that goes.

Powerhouse

11,375 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Partygoer 500
Drew technically started out as human. Just the way he grew lead to him being a great middle ground in the group. His pother powers make him top class, and had he a different personality, he would probably be much more powerful. I realized that after I brought him back, when the abilities he has stack on each other so well.

Wait until I reinvent him with this arm-loss and everything. He's gonna turn into batman and s**t.

Dangerous Businessman

If he took the shot and didn't join TRS he would end up in a body bag.

Jus' saiyan.

No way Bishop would give anyone the juice for no reason.

Lol.

Powerhouse

11,375 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Partygoer 500
If you don't want to join a straight up criminal organization, Drew will be making a branch of TRS soon, based mostly around mercenary, body guarding, and that kinda thing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff