Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Codger

4,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
User Image

Test, is this working? Test...

Edit: For whatever reason, it seems like it isn't editing pictures from Photobucket properly...

Dapper Codger

4,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
And now to test for any illusive youtube auto play functions.

[youtube?autoplay=1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_jvIYKV_8U[/youtube?autoplay=1]

Dapper Codger

4,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Hmmm... Test #2

Unable to identify Vimeo video URL.

Curses! It just doesn't work!

Dapper Codger

4,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Test... Number... Three...

Unable to identify Vimeo video URL.

Dapper Codger

4,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
User Image

W E L C O M E . . . X T O Y O U R X W O R L D

Atlantis Rises...

The Old Gods Wake

xxxxxxxxxxxxThere Is A Spirit World...

Other Realms Exist

R E A D Y X TO X B E L I E V E X S I X X I M P O S S I B L E X T H I N G S X B E F O R E X B R E A K F A S T ?

Dapper Codger

4,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
User Image

T H E X S T O R Y

"You want to go WHERE? That old abandoned subway? That alleyway behind the Martial Arts studio? That one cove of the beach? Some cave in the middle of the woods? No. You wont want to go there. All that's down there are rats, dirt, trash, and probably a criminal or two. It just isn't safe!"

All your life, that's been the response when you asked about the "forbidden" parts of town. It doesn't matter where you are, where you were born, where you live now. There has always been that one place, that seemingly unimportant, hidden away place that has drawn your attention. It exists in EVERY town, in EVERY city, maybe even in every country! Others seemed to have some desire, some wish to avoid it... Yet you always felt called to it, you've always felt like there was some tantalizing secret hidden behind those dark shadows. Every now and then, you've gone back to that spot and looked at it, expecting some secret to pop out. One day, you decided to stay and look at the place for hours... And to your surprise, something strange DID happen. Every now and then, you'd see a figure or a group of figures. Sometimes they would enter the cave, sometimes they would leave it. Sometimes they went in with normal clothes, and would come back hours later wearing cloaks or armor.

You asked your friends and family "Who are the strange people that keep going to the 'forbidden' parts of town?" Yet they would dismiss you without a moment to think. "Oh they're just homeless people." They would say. "I don't know, probably just a bunch of punks making the place their 'hang out'." You'd hear. Yet you always knew that it was more than that, MUCH more than that. One day, out of curiosity, you decided to visit this "forbidden place". That cove, that abandoned tunnel, that cave, that alley. At first, it seems normal... Rats, trash, and dirt; just like everyone said. Yet there is a strange tremor, a surge of power that emanates around you.

The surge grows stronger and stronger! You begin to think there's an earthquake, until you realize these feelings are coming from you! You look at the ground, and see it fading away beneath you! You fall, into pitch blackness. You can't see where you are or where you're heading, but you know you're falling deeper and deeper within whatever madness this is. You awake hours later, finding yourself in a strange new place, some place that doesn't seem normal, doesn't seem possible!

Your body shakes slightly, you can see an aura of color emanating from you. Maybe red, maybe blue, or purple, or green. It begins to fade, sinking into your skin and disappearing. You stand, and hear a strange voice in your head.

"Well you've finally woken up, Mage..."

Dapper Codger

4,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
User Image

T H E X P L O T

We live in an Age without magic, where we consider "Myths" to be fake and "Legends" to be stories. Yet that wasn't always so. You, are a mage, a new one at that. You've fallen into a clever little trap, a "Fae Road". Only people with magic in their blood are able to actually enter the Fae Roads, luckily (or unluckily, depends on your point of view really) you unknowingly had magic far back in your ancestry.

Where you, and others, have landed in is a realm known as "Arcana"... Well, not really a "realm" so much as a loose confederacy of "planes" or small territories that exist outside of our world. Arcana used to be part of Earth, Magic used to exist in ancient times. Yet that all changed at the passing of an Age. Magic was forced, violently, from the planet. Yggdrasil and the Pagan Gods of Norse and Celt "disappeared". Atlantis sunk. The Fae roads began to close. Enlightened monks that used to exorcise and aid spirits began to lose contact with the spirit world. The old world faded that day, it was gone along with most remnants of it. Yet, Magic is a persistent thing, it existed in the blood of many normal humans, even after it was forced from the world. People began to wake their hidden, mystical potential. Maybe it was coming into contact with a magical artifact, or being put into a dangerous situation, or, in your case, falling into the Fae Roads. Luckily for you, you wont have to fear being persecuted for your gifts. You've landed in the right place. You've returned "home", to Arcana.

What will you do? Where does your destiny lead? Will you serve and protect humanity? Perhaps dabble in the lost arts? Maybe search ancient tombs for lost artifacts? Your story begins now, welcome to the new world, Mage.

Dapper Codger

4,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
X X X X X X T H E X F A C T I O N S X X X X X X

Four factions of mages rule the world of Arcana. Yet only one of these will be possible for you to join. Each faction has it's own form of magic, it's own ideology, it's own ultimate goal, and it's own missions. Yet you will quickly find that, while not on the 'best of terms' with each other, the factions have no trouble uniting to face a common threat or accomplish a common goal. You'll find that the Fae road has conveniently dropped you into the home base of the faction that most 'calls' to you, from there you will be greeted by members of that faction, and brought to their home territory to be 'indoctrinated' into it.

You may only join one faction, so choose wisely...

User Image

The Circle of Gaia. Under the shades of the great world tree Yggdrasil, the Circle of Gaia makes it's home. The mages of the Circle are known as "Druids" and they've been blessed with the gift of "Nature Magic". Druids can communicate with animals, heal grievous wounds, and use the power of Gaia herself to strike back against corruption and filth that dares to harm the natural world. The Circle of Gaia is very keen on a return to "The Old, Pure, Ways." Which means a great birth of forests and jungles throughout the earth, the return of extinct species, and in some extreme cases, even a return to tribalism. Many of the mages that ally themselves with the circle worship the Gods of the Celts or the Norse. You'll frequently find strange, Pagan rituals occurring in the nearby forests. As a result, many land spirits, Fae, and other mystical creatures aid the Druids in their time of need. Regardless of whether they consider themselves, Celt, Norse, or neither; the Druids are all united by their loyalty to their common leader: Gaia. The Goddess of the Earth, Nature, and Life. She sits on her throne in the great hollow of Yggdrasil, greeting new recruits and spreading life beyond Arcana to Earth. Almost all of the Druids' powers are linked directly to her.

User Image

The Remnant. "We will persevere. From the deepest, darkest depths of the ocean, we will rise up and reclaim our glory!" Those are the words of The Remnant. Thousands of years ago, Atlantis came closer to 'ruling the world' than Rome ever did. Atlantis' Empire ruled most of Europe, all of Africa and the Americas. The Atlanteans, unlike most other mages, weren't exactly "human", at least not entirely. They were descended from divine beings that arrived on earth and met the various human tribes of the small Island Continent of Atlantis. After a few years of colonization and breeding with the human tribes, the great city of Atlantis was born. It was a place of culture, sciences, magic, art, and strength. Atlantis put even the greatest of modern cities to shame with it's glory... Yet even it wasn't able to fight the Reckoning. Atlantis was assaulted with storms and explosions. Ultimately, their fate became the "Legend" we all know today.

Some mages tried to fight off the disaster, yet they were dragged into the sea along with the rest. Only a small group, calling itself "The Council" was able to save Atlantis from total destruction. The council gathered everyone it could into the center of the city, and with all their powers they teleported themselves, their people, and the entire center of the city to Arcana. Though their city was in ruins, they were saved. For the past thousand years the people of Atlantis have tried to reclaim their vast empire and culture. Though many survivors fled to the safe human kingdoms of Earth and bred into the populous, many more stayed faithful to the council. They called themselves "The Remnant". Their dream is to raise Atlantis from the ocean, return magic to the world fully and completely, and (this is a major source of 'problems' with The Remnant and the other factions) Reclaim all of their lost land... Land that usually has other people and nations inhabiting them.

Atlantean mages have power over the Elements: Earth, Fire, Wind, and Water. Though they always try to advance their knowledge into other fields of magic and study.

User Image

The Jingshen Brotherhood. "We live in a world that is unbalanced. A world where materialism, instability, chaos damages not only our bodies, but our very souls." That is from a scroll recovered in Tibet forty years ago, by a strange group of monks known as "The Jingshen Brotherhood". For thousands of years, the spirit monks of the Jingshen Brotherhood had wandered the earth. They are Martial Artists, they are Warriors, they are sources of wisdom, but most importantly, they are exorcists. Born in the mists of the far east it was the sacred duty of the monks, passed down from the Jade Emperor himself to help souls move on into the next world. They could call upon spiritual magic ("Qi" as they call it) along with their natural martial arts skills to protect humans from foul demons and evil spirits. Yet they have no easy task. A soul can be bound to the earth and corrupted by it's longing for material objects, some simple, some grand. Seeing this, the Brotherhood tried to teach an ideal of tolerance, patience, rejection of material joy in favor of natural joy. The more that accepted this philosophy, the easier it was to remove spirits from the world and send them to the afterlife... Yet, despite being equally reliant on their natural strengths as much as their mystical powers, the monks were harmed by the severing of magic from the world.

Entering the world of the spirits and exorcising them from the land became a task that was nigh impossible even for Veteran Monks. Seeing this, the Monks called upon the Celestial Bureaucracy for aid, and with the power of the Gods they were taken to a realm of Arcana they call "Tian". There they rebuilt their monastery in the mountains, and cultivated their powers. Building up the strength so they could make missions to Earth more easily. Their ultimate goal is to insure that the two worlds, the spiritual and the physical worlds, are in balance. They wander the earth, exorcising spirits and defeating demons, all the while attempting to teach people their philosophy of "Self Reliance" and rejection of materialism along the way.

The "Spirit Monks" are unique from most mages in that they mix their magic into melee combat. They don't fling around spells as a ranged weapon, instead they prefer to use a mixture of "Natural and Spiritual" strength. This has lead to several scenarios of these Mages literally wrestling powerful demons to the ground with fists alone.

User Image

The Nomads. The nomads are one of the easiest of the factions to describe. They're 50% Geniuses, 50% Thieves, and 100% Absolutely Mad. Nomads are those special mages who have managed to develop a new form of magic they simply call "Arcane Magic". Magic in it's purest, most undiluted form. Truly only powerful, ancient, and wise elder mages could master such magic, correct? Well in truth it was developed and mastered by the Magical Equivalent of a "Mad Scientist". Of all the factions, The Nomads are the most loosely organized, loosely united, and loosely sane. Most of The Nomads are great mages who made leaps and bounds in the study of virtually any field of science and magic they're associated with, yet they are almost all eccentrics or crazies. You'll find some Nomads solving advanced quantum equations "for fun"... Usually at the same time they're trying to create a Frankenstein-ish creature of some sorts.

The only thing uniting the Nomads are their lust for knowledge. Their realm of Arcana is simply known as "The Library". A large connection of mystical tomes from all corners of the multiverse for any to study (if they can even understand most of them). The Library also has many rooms for Nomads to rest and preform experiments in. The Nomads earned their name by the fact they have "no real home". Most of the time Nomads are so busy traveling around the universe they don't have any set home they stay at... Mostly because any potential neighbors would grow mad at the constant experiments or the robberies (nomads are known to steal knowledge they can't buy. Though they consider stealing the same as "finding".) Their "goal" (if it can even be called that) is simply to collect all the knowledge they can from every corner of the universe.

As a result of their powers, Nomads are generally "stronger" magic wise than most of the other mages... However their powers can grow random and uncontrollable, with time if they never learn to master their magic, they can grow more and more... Unhinged.

Dapper Codger

4,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
XXXX T H E X R U L E S XXXX

Whew, that was a LOT of writing wasn't it? Don't worry, you've made it this far, we're almost done.

What you are seeing right now, is a labor of love that talk me the course of three days and three nights to make. I put a lot of effort into making this, in between RPs as well, so I deeply appreciate anyone who's made my job worth it and read all of the Lore and Plot info I've written! ^_^

Anyways, these rules will be simple and to the point.

1.) Follow the Gaia TOS, this is pretty much self evident.

2.) Timeskip! Yes, I know that your character may develop feelings for another, and when two characters really love each other they make sweet, sugary love. Yet the mods don't want to see smut on this wonderful website (and I'm allergic to moments of deep human affection and love) so please, when the pants come off, the curtain comes down!

3.) Make your posts pretty! Include your character's picture! Try and make it look nice! To those who always make their posts look nice, well... Shine on you beautiful, shiny people.

4.) ANIME ONLY! I don't know what some of those other "Real Picture" role plays have been teaching you, but no, the world isn't entirely populated by super models, hipsters, and korean pop stars.

5.) No Mary-Sues, Godmodding, power plays, or any other forms of turning this RP into "All about your amazing god-like character who loves people with the heat of a thousand suns."

6.) Mages have "Favorite" forms of magic. These "Favorites" can be: Healing, Combat, and "Call Allies". The favorites aren't mutually exclusive. You can favorite healing, but that doesn't mean you can't fight. You just have a preference for using healing magic.

7.) I am the God of this RP! MY WORD IS LAW! I'm working on getting that law carved into two stone tablets carried in a Golden Box with the power to melt the faces off Nazis, but for now this post will have to do.

8.) Send all Profiles to me in the form of a PM titled "Arcana".

9.) When using magic, try to make it "feel" like the magic you'd use for your faction. A Druid and an Atlantean both shouldn't throw the same ball of energy. Make the druid use nature to his advantage, have the Atlantean control fire! Give each faction a "feel" to them!

10.) These rules are subject to change with time.

11.) Have fun! Fun is the most important part of a RP! That's why if we don't fulfill our "Fun Quota" we'll get our hides busted by the boss! But, considering I'm the boss, I'm in no mood to bust my own hide, so yeah... FUN!

S K E L E T O N

[b]Appearance:[/b] (anime is preferred)
[b]Name:[/b] (character's name)
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Faction:[/b] (Group of Mages your character will join)
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Bio:[/b] (tell us a little bit about yourself)
[b]Likes:[/b] (list three to four)
[b]Dislikes:[/b] (list three to four)
[b]Favorite form of magic:[/b] (only 1)
[b]Username:[/b]

Dapper Codger

4,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
User Image

██████████████████████

"Where there are laws there is Tyranny.
Where there are taxes there is Tyranny.
Where there is Tyranny you'll learn what it means to be dead..
And where there is Freedom, you'll learn what it means to be alive..."

L U C I A N X K A N E XXXXXXXX

"Rebel" "Anarchist" "Freedom Fighter" "Bandit"

╚═══════════════════════════╝

Dapper Codger

4,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
User Image

•:*´¨`*:•. `•.¸¸.•´´¯`•

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

██████████████████████

XXXXXXXX E R I C X C R O S S

Dapper Codger

4,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
User Image

•:*´¨`*:•. `•.¸¸.•´´¯`•

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

██████████████████████

XXXXXXXX E R I C X C R O S S

Eric groaned, hearing his brother call him awake, telling him he had to go to work. "Noooooooo... I don't waaaaaant tooooooo..." He groaned from his pillow. He didn't like his job, he worked at an advertising firm, which was quite surprising considering he was still in college. Most people would kill for a job like that, even Eric was excited when he first applied... Yet he soon learned it involved less "imagination" and more "boring boardroom meetings over charts and graphs and what was popular with what age group." He was acting quite spoiled, he had a well paying job, and he was complaining about having to work. He tried closing his eyes and going back to sleep... He remembered having a weird dream last night, something about being kissed and someone saying they were sorry. Ah well... Beats the dream about the killer porpoises... Stupid dolphins... Unfortunately, it looked like he wouldn't be going back to sleep any time soon, the sound of his little brother serving breakfast was enough to get Eric out of bed.

"I'm coming, I'm coming..." He called down, quickly changing into his work suit. He walked down the stairs towards the kitchen, he noticed his brother and gave him a tired nod. "Man I had such a weird freaking dream last night..." He grumbled, sitting down in his seat. He pulled a freshly buttered bagel to himself, along with some bacon and eggs. He added extra salt to the eggs, not really a good habit but he thought it tasted delicious. He looked at the stairs, wondering when their roommates would show up.

Dapper Codger

4,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
User Image
Leonardo Maximillian King
"The Future is like a Tsunami. Despite how hard you swim against it, you can't stop it... You can't stop us."

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Leonardo Maximilian King is how I like to be addressed and The Illuminati is who I align myself with.
As you can see I am a Males who happens to like Females
My age is 27 which really is known of your business.
People say I have a bad habit of: The first thing people notice about Leonardo ("Leo" as he likes to be called by his friends) is that he is incredibly charismatic and friendly, even to his enemies. His attitude resembles that of some sort of "white knight"... Granted the cause he tries to push isn't that "honorable" or "good" in the eyes of most people who aren't part of the Illuminati.

He can be incredibly manipulative, however. In fact, one of his greatest skills is his ability to manipulate things to his ends. However he prefers to just win people over to him with natural charisma and friendliness. He appreciates efficiency and a good attitude in his employees and partners. In fact, his company is quite possibly one of the best to be employed into, due to his habit of giving generous raises and promotions to employees based off of merit and determination rather than political reasons.

When a person gets to know him on a more... Personal level, they're in for a shock. Instead of being constantly "sophisticated" and "well-bred" in day to day life, Leo is actually quite a nerd. He has a not-so-secret love of Comic Books and collects them in his spare time. He is also a huge fan of "Tabletop RPGs" such as Dungeons and Dragons, and there's been more than a few cases of his secretary walking in on him and his old highschool friends rolling dice and "fighting monsters". Overall, Leonardo has an attitude sort of similar to a child who "never grew up", he may be well spoken and sophisticated, but on the inside he really is an idealist who wants to change the world, and humans, for the better.
which is obvious if you pay attention.
I discovered I happen to like Efficiency, Comic Books, Saturday Night Board Games with his friends, Politeness, a Challenge, New Technology, Progress.
But really don't like Inefficiency, Laziness, Rudeness, People who try to stop progress.
What is in the past is the past Leonardo was born with a "silver spoon in his mouth" so to speak... A spoon that was soon ripped from him. His parents were in the Illuminati, this was something he was aware of since he was a child. Given their duties, it was no wonder they could get on the bad side of some powerful people. On Leonardo's eleventh birthday, his family was killed in a gang shoot out. Their home was demolished, their stocks were stolen, and most of their fortune trickled down the drain.

Despite the tragedy, Leonardo persevered. He was given a purpose, an ultimate goal in his life with the death of his parents: To help improve humanity, so something like that tragedy would never have to befall anyone else. He went to a good private school thanks to some wealthy family members taking him in. He earned a scholarship to Stanford University, and even found himself a job as a Grocery Store Clerk (a job in which he quickly rose to the rank of manager). When he finally inherited the remains of his family's fortune, he invested it all in the stock market, quickly seeing his money return tenfold. Using his newfound fortune, he slowly began to buy back all of his family's old subsidiaries and even formed some new ones along the way.

By the time he reached the age of 25, he was already a gathering storm in the business world. He turned the focus of his company to technological and medicinal innovations. The Illuminati would have come to him to discuss his place in their... Organization... If it weren't for the fact he came to them, using clues from his mother's diary to discover where they met. Once more, through sheer determination, he regained the title that was once lost to his family: He was now the leader of the Illuminati, and his first order of business was letting the Night Guard know that they still existed, and any threat to humanity was going to learn what true justice was.
which is also none of your business
My most useful tools He sees his mind as his greatest weapon, however when dealing with a more... Physical threat, he has a custom made Assault Rifle that fires armor piercing phosphorous rounds. which I am rather skillful with.
I have certain additions: He recently acquired a Robotic Left Eye, it allows him to hack most computers, works as a scope, and even has an internet connection! On top of that he recently got a cybernetic arm that increases his strength (for that arm only) threefold and generally is more stable than a human arm.
I find this song amusing. Digitalism, By Skrillex
I forgot to tell you something. He doesn't have the same seething hatred of Creatures as the rest of the Illuminati, at worst he just sees them as a threat to be eliminated. His ultimate goal is to advance people past the point of needing groups like the Night Guard. If he could squash other "contenders" for the top of the food chain along the way, all the better.
I wish I could escape the eyes! Symorin

Dapper Codger

4,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
User Image

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆ ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

T H E X K I N G X O F X N E W X Y O R K

L

User Image

Dapper Codger

4,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
User Image

❝Isaac Schrödinger❞

The Mad Scientist

█║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║║█║█║▌│█║▌│║║█

❝The Revolutionary Genius...

...Is virtually indistinguishable from...

The Complete Madman.❞

Isaac was busy studying...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas