1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 232 233 234 > >> >>> »|

Aged Genius

8,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
User Image
Banner created by EXTempo.

Welcome one and all to a planning session of my (hopefully) upcoming pokemon roleplay; Pokemon; Dawn of the Eclipse. (a reconstruction of a former roleplay of mine, by the same name.) I want to fix the up the roleplay and spruce up some details. It just looks like I had too much going through my head when I wrote the former and I think that may have led to it's death.

That being said, if there's too much for my one brain to handle, it means I need more. YOUR brains to be exact. BRAAIIIINS! ... I mean, ahem, lets cut to the chase;

The general idea of this roleplay is that Pokerus, the helpful and beneficial virus has mutated into a virus that makes the pokemon aggressive and mutates them into something stronger then their previous self. The new strain has two names, Pokesite (a portmanteau of Pokemon and Parasite) or the more common term used by most trainers and reporters, The Eclipse Virus (hence the title and nicknamed so because it 'eclipses' the mind.)

Some key notes about the Roleplay are as such;

• The virus is not fatal, usually, but can be if the pokemon overworks it's body due to aggression.
  • It is believed pokemon that lack direction or have little willpower are more susceptible, as very few experienced trainers have had a problem with their pokemon.
  • The virus can be temporarily cured by knocking out the pokemon. This kills the virus by shutting down the brain. Pokemon may be re-infected if they are re-exposed to the virus.
  • It spreads in a similar manner to zombification, a scratch or bite, ect.
  • Being a strain of pokerus, it has all the same ability boosting qualities but it infects the brain in order to transmit it self to other hosts. Hence the aggressive behavior.
  • The RP is set in Kanto, for now.
  • The RP is a literate rp.
  • There is a PC system for storage, just like in the games. When your Party is full, and you've caught a seventh pokemon or more, you should make a post in your character thread, and use document the pokemon you've caught.
  • Small towns like Pallet are abandoned or in tough times. Towns like saffron are somewhat normal but a little on edge.
  • The Pokemon League Challenge is still around, if not to just keep peoples mind off the troubles.
  • There is a counter virus called "Maple Virus" but, it is not a permanent cure, and merely provides us a method to protect ourselves. In fact, it does nothing to the opposing virus on it's own so don't try injecting an infected pokemon with Maple Virus, it wont cure them impermanently or otherwise.
  • You will be starting Pokemon-less, somwhere around Pallet and wander into the Pokemon Lab where everyone will meet, and acquire one of three pokemon. Charmander, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle.

We will be following the story line of the games the closest but for all intents and purposes this is a separate universe. (Ash doesn't exist, Red does.)

Now, with your help, I ask that you bounce ideas around.
The Roleplay's Main Thread You can view everything to do with this thread, by going to that link where i have set up the RP format before I post them in the main thread.

Aged Genius

8,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
Bump. emotion_bandaid

Aged Genius

8,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
Bump. emotion_bandaid

Aged Genius

8,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
Time to send out the invitations! emotion_yatta

Aged Genius

8,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
I'm going to sing the doom song now! Doom, doom doom, da-do-do-doom da-do-da-doom, doomy doomy doomy, doom doom; the end.

Aged Genius

8,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
Kicking off to a good start I see... User Image
I'm interested!

Just gonna go look at your test thread now

mrgreen

Aged Genius

8,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
Thank you! I look forward to seeing more people. Invite your friends! x3

Aged Genius

8,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
Oh! I actually have the main thread up now, though improvement suggestions are always welcome!

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/barton-town/pokemon-dawn-of-the-eclipse-a-lit-pokemon-rp/t.76223445_16/#17
sweatdrop

On second thought...that level system doesn't really interest me. Normally I don't like levelling systems in a pokemon role-play, but make rare exceptions for the possible very basic system. Alas...that doesn't seem to be the case here, but good luck with your role play!!

Aged Genius

8,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
I misunderstand. I'm not sure how more basic that system can be. Please, entertain the thought of staying and perhaps we can do some tweaking.

Aged Genius

8,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100

Aged Genius

8,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
Still bumpin' emotion_kirakira

Dapper Hunter