Welcome to Gaia! ::

What's your favorite time period to roleplay in?

The Future 0.040816326530612 4.1% [ 2 ]
The Present 0.28571428571429 28.6% [ 14 ]
1900s 0.020408163265306 2.0% [ 1 ]
1800s 0.040816326530612 4.1% [ 2 ]
Medieval 0.12244897959184 12.2% [ 6 ]
B.C. 0.020408163265306 2.0% [ 1 ]
Pre-history 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Other? 0.14285714285714 14.3% [ 7 ]
Gold is a time period, right? 0.3265306122449 32.7% [ 16 ]
Total Votes:[ 49 ]
1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 >

♦♣ Welcome, welcome ♥♠
· · · · · ·

I'm terrible at introductions, so I'm just going to jump right in. Good? Good.

The Quick and Dirty of It:

I am » Literate ♀
I roleplay » ♂ or ♀
Relationships? » ♂♀ preferred, willing to give slash a shot.
Craving » Something with Abigail or Lucas, or the Neverland RP in the plots section.
As always, still open to suggestion~
Roleplay via » threads preferred, PMs or emails also fine.
Contact me » here or via PM. c:

Still interested? Read on!

New: I added some sample posts to the Character profile thread and a plot here if you're interested.

Not what you're looking for? Try here:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

• • • • • • • •

Welcome • About Me/Rules • Plots/Pairings/Characters • Fandoms • That-which-shall-not-be-named
About Me
♥ • ♦ • ♣ • ♠

I am a ♀ who can roleplay ♀ or ♂
I write between two and five paragraphs for a standard post, and between 4 and 8 for an introduction.
The thread is a good representation of my spelling and grammar. Imperfect, but with the best of intentions.
Posting frequency is at least three times a week, almost always more.
I like ooc chatter, but it isn't required.
I do not like making incredibly fancy posts. I can dress it up a bit if you'd like, but I'm afraid it will probably never be overwhelmingly colorful.
I don't keep reference pictures, and I'm neutral on using bios.
I am not interested in group roleplay.
My limits, when it comes to roleplay, are basically PG13 level. *nodnod*
I prefer to roleplay via threads. PMs or e-mails are acceptable if you prefer, but messengers are a no-go.

Rules
♥ • ♦ • ♣ • ♠

First of all, these are like the pirates code: it's more of a suggestion, really.
Length, I prefer two paragraphs plus, but as long as it's something I can work with, I'm cool.
If you write more than I do, I will try to mirror, but 3 - 5 paragraphs per post regularly is still probably my max.
Please come to me with an idea. It doesn't have to be concrete--I love brainstorming--but something to work with.
If you're bored or going to exit the roleplay, just tell me. :3 My feelings won't be hurt. I'll return the favor.
I'll add more if I need to, but this is it for now.

• • • • • • • • • •

Welcome • About Me/Rules • Plots/Pairings/Characters • Fandoms • That-which-shall-not-be-named
Plots

♥ • ♦ • ♠ • ♣

medium x murdered student
medium x current student
or a strange combination of the two x3;;

The medium wants to have a normal high school life, and this is going to be the time. He's not going to talk to dead people, and he's not going to get involved in anything more interesting than the standard extracurricular activities. He's tired of moving and, more importantly, tired of playing catch-up when he transfers in the middle of a semester.

The ghost wants to be noticed. S/he's been trying to tell people that s/he didn't commit suicide for what seems like an eternity, but no one hears, or no one listens. Finally someone transfers into the school that can tell the world what happened, and he's completely ignoring him/her. Well, s/he'll see about that.

The student didn't want to go to this school in the first place. Sure, their parents went there, but so did their friend/sibling/relative that killed themselves--that's some burden to carry. But the new kid swears that it wasn't suicide, and that their friend/relative isn't gone. What now?

The catch is that while the ghost didn't kill him/herself, it wasn't an accident, either. It was murder. They saw something that they shouldn't have, and while they just wanted to forget the whole thing ever happened, someone else was afraid that they'd cause trouble, and saw an end to the potential problem. Possible secret society, cult or sex scandal involvement, depending on what your fancy is. c:

• • • • •

angel x stage magician
angel x stage technician
etc.

The angel has been imprisoned, their human-ish form taken away by captivity. But one can't expect that nothing will change when the form has been so suddenly and completely altered--for many years after, the angel thinks like a dove, acts like a dove, lives like a dove. Eventually their thoughts return, but how long as it been, where are they now, and how can they return to their original form?

The stage magician bought the bird on a whim. Having doves or pigeons is pretty cliche in this day and age, but such a pretty bird looked so pitiful in the dismal surroundings of the market. But things start happening almost immediately after the purchase--good things, bad things, strange things--and the connection is so strong, can it truly be a coincidence? Should they keep it, or get rid of the damned thing and throw salt over their left shoulder? But the bird came back to the magician for a reason, and it might not be so easy to be rid of...

or the stage technician, who found the dove tucked away in a dusty back corner of the stage, untended and unappreciated. Fairly new, they assumed that there was a reason that this bird wasn't with the others for the show, but took a bit of initiative taking care of the poor neglected thing. But almost immediately after, things start happening, both in their lives and around the theater--good things, bad things, strange things; can it truly be a coincidence? And the magician is acting oddly around the bird as well. Could it be that there's something about the magician that they don't know about?

• • • • •

Wendy IV x lost boy(s) Strictly platonic!
Wendy IV x Tinkerbell Strictly platonic!
Wendy IV x adult lost boy
Wendy IV x pirate
Wendy IV x new antagonist
etc.

Wendy IV is looking around the bend at thirty, and life isn't exactly unfolding the way that she thought it'd be. Oh, sure, it's not bad-- she's got her degree and the job that she always thought she wanted, working with foster children the way that her family has done for generations. But she doesn't have any children of her own, nor any prospects for someone to make them with, and she gives in to the childish urge to make a wish upon a star. That doesn't turn out quite like she expected, either.

Tinkerbell is a little concerned about the way the lost boys are talking. Many of them have been in Never Never Land for years and years, and with Hook no longer in the picture, there's very little for them to do. And, while it seems like fun at first, doing nothing all the time gives them time to think about who else but Peter Pan. They're reminded that there is life outside of this 'perfect' world, and that there is a life to live even as they face their own mortality, though they don't phrase it exactly like that. Most of all, the appearance of his children remind them of their parents, something that they haven't had since they came. It doesn't seem like as much of a good thing now as it did when the first came. Afraid that even more of the boys are going to leave, following in Peter's footsteps, Tinkerbell comes up with a plan--she's going to kidnap a woman to be a mother to the boys, and either provide the parent that they're looking for or remind them why being a lost boy is so good. Who better to do so than a descendant of the infamous Wendy?

The Lost Boys are fast becoming bored with their unfettered life. Once James Hook was out of the picture, the rest of the pirates didn't put up much of a fight, at least as far as they were concerned. Now that Peter is gone and Rufio is dead, there's not a clear leader, which leaves them with nothing to do except think--think about Peter and his children, and the things that they're missing out on that his return reminded him of. But when a new mother figure arrives unexpectedly, how will they react to sudden rules and discipline after years of doing whatever they pleased? And what will happen when the boys start disappearing, one by one? Will they want to stay in never never land, or face their own mortality and take risks with a 'real' life?

The Adult Lost Boy visits never-never land infrequently at best, returning to a place where he spent the many, many years of his youth. Sure, those years are gone, but when his life isn't turning out exactly as he'd expected when he left, it seems like the best place to retreat to. But when he returns while he's asleep (either as an adult, as a child, or going back and forth between the two), things aren't the way they used to be, especially with a woman here who thinks she's going to act as some sort of mother. Between that and the appearance of a new antagonist, someone is going to have to pull the boys together against this new threat.

The pirate has been having a bit of trouble finding a place for himself since the cap'n met his end in the jaws of the crocodile, and those pesky Lost Boys have taken it upon themselves to move in to what was the capital pirate city and declare martial law on the pirates there. But they've got a new woman with them now, and they seem like they're attached to her--she might make a good bargaining chip, if he can get his hands on her.

The new antagonist would have to wait for some brainstorming, because while I've got some ideas (cowboy, more pirates, monster, robot, ninja--they are 11 year old boys, after all) what type it is will change a lot of things. c:

And these are just basic ideas, of course; they can be changed or expounded upon as needed~

Pairings

♥ • ♦ • ♠ • ♣

It might be clichè at this point, but I like vampire and werewolves, so you can pair them with just about anything and I'll be a happy camper. I would also like just about any other mythological/legendary creature you can think of, so if there's something that's not on this list (which there probably will be!) feel free to suggest it to me.

Also, these pairings are for two types of characters--not necessarily a romantic couple. While I like romance in a roleplay, it doesn't always have to be there, and it certainly doesn't need to be the main event. I'm sure that it can be done well as a main plot, but I generally get kind of bored if that's the case. >>;;

I'm already doing these.

• Vampire × vampire/werewolf/hunter/human/other creature
• Vampire × Catholic
• Werewolf × vampire/werewolf/hunter/human/other creature
• Werewolf × reporter (I've got an idea for this, but not really enough to call it a plot)
• Shifter × stage magician
• Magic wielder × Stage Magician (Las Vegas?)
• Mermaid × Pirate Actor (Las Vegas?)

• Hero × average joe/jane
• Villain × average joe/jane
Hero × Villain

• Madam × cowboy
• Mad inventor × religious zealot
• Student × Soldier ♂♂ (something of a plot for this one)
Damsel in distress × Damsel in shining armor ♀♀

Disclaimer: I've never done ♂♂ or ♀♀ before, so while I'll give it my best shot, I'm still a novice. Please only suggest one of these ideas if you're willing to keep that in mind.

Characters

♥ • ♦ • ♠ • ♣

Generally speaking, I make a new character for every roleplay. I do have a few profiles done, however, for ideas that have been knocking around in my head for a while, or those done for roleplays that never got off the ground. So if you're interested, you're more than willing to take a look. By the same token, if you've got a character that you'd like to try out, you're more than willing to suggest him, her, them or it. x3;; You can find the ready-made profiles here.

• Abigail Wright, the nervous medium.
• Lucas Harper, the frustrated medium.
• Gwendolyn Birch, the werewolf police officer.
• Joanna Castle, the hopeful composer.
• Cade Sharpe, the werewolf with baggage.
• Robin Stargardt, the unwilling vampire.

• • • • • • • • • •

Fandoms

♥ • ♦ • ♠ • ♣

Anime and Manga

Sad to say, I don't watch that much anime or cartoons, nor do I read a lot of manga. You're more than welcome to suggest something, but chances are good that I haven't seen it. If it isn't a ninja school, super girl, or demon capturing anime, I might be persuaded to read up on it a bit and roleplay, but persuade is the operative word.

Books

I do a lot of reading, and a lot of different genres. Crime, romance, fantasy, etc. I'm going to list a few of my favorites, but again, if there's one that you're looking for, feel free to suggest.

• Sunshine - Robin McKinley
• Beauty and the Beast (What? It counts!)
• Kitty Norville - Carrie Vaughn
• Good Omens - Terrie Pratchett & Niel Gaiman

Games

As with books, I've got an eclectic taste in games, so I'm just going to list a few of my favorites, and if you don't see one that you'd really like to play, you're more than welcome to suggest it.

• Shin Megami Tensei (and subsequent titles)
• Disgaea
• Odin Sphere
• Wild Arms

Caution:

Well, not really caution as much as a heads up, I suppose, but in every case--with a few exceptions--I prefer original characters for a fandom roleplay. Maybe you play the best Laharl ever, or you desperately want me to play Sookie Stackhouse to your Eric Northman. Sorry, but I don't much care for playing with canon.

• • • • • • • • • • •

Not at all Interested

♥ • ♦ • ♣ • ♠

There aren't a lot of things that I'm just not interested in doing, but here's a list of things that I will not roleplay.

• If I don't know what it means, the answer is probably no.
• Incest/twincest/whatever.
• Master/slave
• Average Joe Human high school dramas
• Violence or romance over what would be about PG13.
• This list will be updated when/if the need arises

• • • • • • • • • • • •

Whoa, I think that's it.

So. Um. Yay?

x3;;
I really should think of something more clever for the title ._.;;
How about...

And Then There was One [[Roleplay search thread]]
It's been a long time since I've read any Agatha Christie, though.
Or maybe, The History of the World pt.2
But I haven't seen the first one...
And I have no idea what that has to do with RPing >>;;
Lets see. What else would make a good title?

Fantasy? Fantastic! 8D
Which, for no reason other than I'm tired, reminds me of Victor Victoria.
Well, it's still less than interesting, but perhaps more than boring?

*ponders*
Once I get home and am no longer on a computer that hates me that's slow as dirt, I'm probably going to get a character profile thread going, for reference and convenient storage.

It's so nice that character profiles have a place to live now. o3o
Other? Inquiring minds want to know!
As I scour the googlez to make sure that I don't spell anything...

Oddly...

>>;;

[EMCEE]
Willkommen, bienvenue, welcome!
Fremde, etranger, stranger.
Gluklich zu sehen, je suis enchante,
Happy to see you, bleibe, reste, stay.

Willkommen, bienvenue, welcome
Im Cabaret, au Cabaret, to Cabaret

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items