Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold is the driving force in clicking on the topic.

YES. 0.25806451612903 25.8% [ 8 ]
No. (But it's pretty cool, too.) 0.48387096774194 48.4% [ 15 ]
The random option for those without opinion either way. 0.25806451612903 25.8% [ 8 ]
Total Votes:[ 31 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 23 24 25 > >>

Okay. So. This isn't going to be fancy. But it's going to serve my purposes, which can be simply summed up to:

I CANNOT FIND AN RP PARTNER WHO ALSO ENJOYS MY admittedly off-the-wall-crazy CRAVINGS.

And I thought, what the heck? The least I could do was summarize what I was looking in a thread no one will likely see.

But if you decide my cup of tea is your cup of tea, drop me an email and we'll discuss plots and characters and all related funtimes. =3

PLEASE READ RULE NUMBERS 1 and 8 IF YOU READ NOTHING ELSE FROM MY RULE LIST. Also, the point of each rule is in blue if the rule's too long to read. Though I did try to keep them all short, sorry!

NOTE: All genres/categories are in order from MOST to LEAST craving.
MY #1 CRAVES:
(i.e., these will always get a yes unless you pick a pairing I hate)
~Crossovers from Losers, X-Men, Avengers, or crossovers among my cravings in general heart heart heart heart heart
~Avengers/Marvel {1 for pairings} heart heart heart heart
~The Losers {2 for pairing} heart heart heart heart
~The Hobbit {3 for pairing} heart heart heart heart
MY #2 CRAVES:
(i.e., these will be looked upon favorably but not as much as those above)
~Sherlock Holmes {4 for pairings} heart heart heart
~X-Men {5 for pairings} heart heart heart
~Supernatural {6 for pairings} heart heart heart
~Disney/Animated movies {7 for pairings} heart heart heart

Everything else listed will need a plot from you to stir my interest in it.

~

Already dislike me and/or don't want to continue reading? Why not check out...
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
or
User Image
... and maybe you'll find an rp partner just right for you! =D

Intro
Rules
Pairings
Samples

TL;DR in BLUE

1.) I roleplay over email. This is mainly because I am a grad student (I am between the ages of 21 and 25) and work often in the computer lab. It's easier to check an email account and reply to posts that way than to get on gaia.

2.) I roleplay yaoi, male loving, m//, m/m, two guys getting teh smex on.

3.) I can only be persuaded to rp het if a) you are the guy or b) you have a OMFGMASSIVEAWESOMEAMAZINGKNOCKMYSOXOFF idea.

4.) I can provide between 200-1700+ word posts. Depending on what you're comfortable with, of course. But that means you should strive to hit 200 words per post, at least. EDIT: This is a BASE ESTIMATE. One paragraph is fine as long as it has quality, even if it doesn't hit 200 words. If I get a short paragraph that is high quality, I will either reply in kind or give you a massive post in return. If I get a short paragraph that is low quality, I will most likely give you a shorter paragraph in hopes to force you to interact with my character more, or give me more to work off of.

5.) Don't have a plot? Not a problem. You give me a feeling and a setting and I can spin something. Don't have a fleshed out character? That's a much bigger problem. You may not have to contribute in the planning stage, but your character MUST contribute, if only so that it's not like I'm rping with myself.

6.) I am an adult and as such expect a roleplay on the same maturity level. I will start out by reminding you I am between 21 and 25. And I ship wincest and - lots of stuff. Not a lot of boundaries here. If you have limitations, you must tell me immediately.

7.) I will ask you to start. This does not mean I won't start, just that I'll ask. Also, if I start, I'll be writing in past tense, third person. I am not averse to rping in present tense, or in first person, and if you write your post like that I will mirror you.

8.) To contact me please EMAIL ME. I'm not going to give you a keyword or anything like that. Just drop me a note saying what you're interested in and if more needs to be discussed, it will be discussed. My email is roletobeplayed@gmail.com (stunningly original, isn't it? but easy to remember).

Simple enough, I hope?

Intro
Rules
Pairings
Samples

So now you get to see my fandom craziness. And originals, too, I guess.

NOTE: No one character is underlined/italicized because WHATEVER CHARACTERS ARE LISTED BELOW ARE THE ONES I FEEL MOST COMFORTABLE PLAYING. Therefore, if you have other characters in the same series that you want to use, go ahead and suggest, but I will be more inclined to rp with said other character if you let me stick to the ones I know. (THIS ALSO MEANS that, for example, in a Sherlock/John pairing I can play either one so have an idea about which one you prefer when you pick the pairing.)

IF THIS LOOKS FAMILIAR: chances are you have known me in a previous avatar incarnation, namely as s R h Y i K v. HI THERE. I HAVE A NEW ACCOUNT. PM me!

**NOTE: Because The Losers, X-Men, and The Avengers are all comic-book-based, I can see CROSSOVERS happening. Like Logan/Jake Jensen. Like Remy/Tony Stark. Like Steve Rogers/Scott Summers. Like almost anything! See a cross-over pair in categories 2, 3, and 4 you'd like? Heck, have a cross-over pairing from any DC/Marvel comic book? LET ME KNOW!! SUPER CRAVING.

*ahem* Okay now. The list for reals:

1...........................Avengers
        I LIKE IRON MAN. AND HAWKEYE. These two are my bicycles; I will play them with ANYONE from the movie except Loki, Fury, or Hill.

But really, this covers pretty much all the characters. Heck, it can even cover Fantastic Four, considering they're all from the same comic company...#1 CRAVING

...........................Pairings ~ I LIKE IRON MAN, OKAYY?
        ~Tony Stark/anyone (except Loki, Fury, or Hill)
        ~Clint Barton/anyone (except Loki and Fury)
        ~Tony Stark/Steve Rogers/James Barnes
        ~Tony Stark/Steve Rogers/Thor
        ~Clint Barton/Natasha Romanoff/Phil Coulson
        ~Clint Barton/Tony Stark/Steve Rogers
        ~Steve Rogers/Thor

...........................Random DC!verse crossover:
        ~Tony Stark (Iron Man)/Bruce Wayne (Batman) heart

^BASICALLY THROW ME A PAIRING WITH IRON MAN OR HAWKEYE IN IT, PLEASE.
        ^^Threesome combinations not listed are still on the table, just suggest them. (Goes the same for unlisted twosome combinations.) ;3
        ^^^WILL NOT CONSIDER LOKI, THOUGH. D= Sorry guys. He's an awesome character, but I don't actually enjoy sadism/humiliation/real-bad-guy action in a romance. And if you play Loki as something else, you're really not playing Loki. o.o;;
        ^^^^ALSO WILL NOT CONSIDER FURY OR HILL MOST TIMES. They read to me too much as father/mother and I don't see them in a sexual light at all.

2...........................The Losers
        THIS IS AN AWESOME MOVIE. And I miss rping it, so would like to try again. #1 CRAVING.

........................... Pairings
        ~Carlos "Cougar" Alveraz/Jake Jensen heart heart heart heart

^However, if you've actually watched this movie and have another pairing, go ahead and run it by me. Depending on my mood and the character, I might say yes. Though Roque's not on my favorites list AT ALL, so don't ask about him.

3...........................The Hobbit
        I HAVE NOT READ THE BOOKS - this is only movie-based. #1 CRAVING.

~Fili/Kili
        ~Ori/Dwalin
        ~Fili/Kili/Dwalin
        ~Fili/Kili/Ori

^This can be pre-movie, during movie, OR an AU/modern setting. This is a relatively new fandom and I'm really excited to try it out!

4...........................Sherlock Holmes
        So I've gone and decided to just make a general Sherlock Holmes category, because I am DYING for a good roleplay, here. #2 CRAVING.

...........................Pairings
        ~Sherlock Holmes/John Watson heart heart (My only pairing.)
        .....................................Universes
        .....................................(i.e., options for this pairing)
        ...........................~Robert Downey, Jr. & Jude Law
        ...........................~BBC
        ...........................~AU from 1st movie/1st season
        ...........................~AU from 2nd movie/2nd season
        ...........................~Steampunk
        ...........................~Full Metal Alchemist
        ...........................~Hogwarts/Harry Potter!verse
        ...........................~Star Wars
        ...........................~Dystopia
        ...........................~Supernatural creatures
        ...........................~John hired as bodyguard for Sherlock
        ...........................~John blackmailed from beginning by Moriarty to get close to Sherlock but falls for Sherlock and chooses his side at the pool
        ...........................~Teen/College student setting (prefer college student, but will go with teen)
        ...........................~Sherlock sent to a war zone and meets John
        ...........................~John as servant/employee hired by Mycroft to be a "nanny" to Sherlock
        ...........................~Alpha/Omega 'verse (this is way out there, so if you don't know what it is please don't google it. I'd rather not be seen as off-the-wall crazy until the rp is underway. o.o;; )
        ...........................~Sentinel/Guide 'verse (this is slightly less crazy/embarrassing than the one above, so if you want to google this 'cause you don't know it, be my guest.)
        .....................................(BASICALLY, I like this pairing so much I have so many AU ideas it's not funny. o.o;; )

^WILL NOT CONSIDER ANY OTHER PAIRING, SORRY.

5...........................X-Men
        I know all five movies (though I don't really like First Class), some of X-Evo, some of the 90s TV show, and some of the comics. I am most comfortable MIXING ALL FOUR GENRES, more heavily relying on the movies and 90s TV show. #2 CRAVING.

...........................X-Men: Pairings
        ~Logan/Remy heart heart
        ~Logan/Scott
        ~Logan/Bobby
        ~Logan/Warren
        ~Remy/Scott
        ~Remy/Bobby
        ~Remy/Warren heart

^Again, if you can't tell, I'm a Gambit and Wolverine fan. I'll pair them with each other and pretty much everyone else.
        ^^Threesomes work too. (As do unlisted twosome possibilities - just ask.) =]

6...........................Supernatural
        I HAVE NOT WATCHED ANY OF SEASON SEVEN OR EIGHT. And only half of season 6. This roleplay will most likely be AU season 5 or lower. However, if you have a specific idea/plot you want that needs season 6/7/8, shoot it by me and I can probably fake it well enough until I manage to catch up with the seasons. #2 CRAVING.

...........................Supernatural: Pairings
        ~Dean/Castiel heart
        ~Sam/Gabriel heart
        ~Sam/Castiel
        ~Sam/Dean
        ~Sam/Dean/Castiel
        ~Sam/Dean/Castiel/Gabriel

^If you can't tell, I'm a Sam fan. I will prefer to play Sam in all of those, or Castiel (in the Dean/Castiel pairing). I also have a plot for both Dean/Castiel and Sam/Gabriel in one, so if you're interested in being one of the bros along with an angel, I will love you to DEATH! heart heart heart
        ^^This does not mean I can't play Dean or Gabriel, btw. Just that if you tell me "pick whichever" I will pick Sam and Castiel over Dean and Gabriel.

7...........................Disney-based/Animated-movies-based
        THESE WILL ALL BE YAOI. Take that into consideration when you pick them. This will make the movies AU, but some of the premises will remain the same. I have half-baked plot ideas for them, so if you pick them, let me know. #2 CRAVING.

NEW EDIT: while dabbling in the other roleplay search threads on this site, I found an interesting pairing, which brought me to youtube videos, which made my mind esPLODE with possibilities. SO. New categories added here. <3

...........................Disney/Animated-movies-based: Pairings
        ~Tangled (both as guys)
        ~Treasure Planet (based on the world, can be young!silver/Jim or OC/OC)
        ~Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron (both men, both humans)
        ~Aladdin (both guys)
        ~Sinbad (all guys, twosome OR threesome opportunity here)
        ...........................New Additions/Specific Crossover Pairings:
        ~Sinbad x Jim Hawkins
        ~Tarzan x Sinbad
        ~human!Oliver x human!Dodger
        ~human!Bolt x human!male!Mittens

8...........................Teen Wolf
        I have watched four episodes and am in the middle of five. I have no experience; I'm just interested in this. THIS IS THE ONLY FANDOM WHERE I WILL SAY I CAN ONLY PLAY ONE CHARACTER: Derek Hale. I am not comfortable with any other character.

~Derek Hale/anyone

^I have ideas for this - the "anyone" can be Issac, Boyd, Peter, Stiles, Jackson, or Chris. If you have an OC male you want to use, that can also be acceptable if you have an interesting plot.

9...........................Merideth Gentry Series by Laurell K. Hamilton
        What? Don't look at me like that! Anita Blake might suck, but Merry's got a STABLE OF HOT GUYS. How is that not AMAZING?? And they can mix up in SUCH beautiful pairings.

...........................Merideth Gentry Pairings
        ~Doyle/Frost heart
        ~Doyle/Rhys heart
        ~Frost/Rhys
        ~Doyle/Kitto
        ~Rhys/Kitto
        ~Doyle/Mistral

^Threesome combinations work, too, if you've got one in mind. ;3

10...........................Harry Potter
        Let's be frank: I love Slytherin. I also do not like the books much past book 4 (the triwizard tournament one). I thought Harry was an insufferable whiny brat all through book 5. And then Sirius died. And then a lot of people died.

...........................Harry Potter: Pairings
        ~George/Fred/Draco heart heart
        ~George/Fred/Harry heart
        ~Albus Severus/Scorpius heart
        ~Severus/Harry
        ~Charlie/Harry
        ~Charlie/Draco
        ~Bill/Harry

^Okay, for the threesomes, one person will play both the twins.
        ^^I enjoy playing Harry - though my Harry is often dark/broody/angsty - but that everyone on my list there I'm comfortable with playing.
        ^^^I DO play other characters - the characters listed here are what I prefer. If you'd prefer something/someone else, go ahead and ask.
        ^^^^WILL NOT CONSIDER VOLDEMORT. Other Death Eaters, maybe. Depends on which ones you want. But not Voldemort. Or Tom Riddle. Or any variation of the Dark Lord.

11...........................Original Ideas
        These can be combined, twisted around, have a whole bunch done to them. If you pick anything here, know that I will be pushing STRONGLY to include a fantasy/urban fantasy/supernatural slant to it.

...........................Ideas:
        ~Something military. [note: this does not mean I can REALISTICALLY portray the military. Just that I watched a lot of Losers/Expendables-type movies and find soldiers to be... *ahem* ;D]
        ~Age gaps
        ~Bad!guy/Good!guy
        ~Hero x Villain [SPECIFIC PLOT CRAVING ALERT involving MPREG]
        ~Anthros/Nekos [note: includes pokemorphs/gijinkas]
        ~Shapeshifters (and yes, this can include werewolves)
        ~Demons/Angels
        ~Something sci-fi/futuristic.
        ~Prostitute/anything.
        ~Old plots from my journal
        ~Plot based on this video
        ~Surprise me! Worst I can do is say no, right?

Didn't find a pairing you'd like? Why not check out...
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
or
User Image
... and maybe you'll find an rp partner just right for you! =D

Intro
Rules
Pairings
Samples

I'm just adding this because I'm bored, frankly. I figure that you could probably figure out my basic style simply from reading my previous posts (as I most certainly gauge a person's style and their ability to sound coherent by how they write their rules and intro and everything...) ...

But.

Here you go. For lack of things to do.

In a Sherlock/John roleplay, I wrote as ordinary post:

"Once more into the breach," Watson muttered, but a smile tugged at his mouth as he descended from the cab, nodding his head at the driver before turning to Holmes. "Thank you, old boy. Lead on, if you will." He did wish he had his cane, or at least could take some of the weight off his leg, but he preferred to keep himself as divorced from what he was known for as long as he could. Perhaps when this was all over, and he could turn his attentions on Moran, he and Holmes could once more emerge without any ill effects. It would certainly be easier on his knee, that was for certain...

Even in the drenching rain - and where did Holmes' hat go? He was going to catch a cold, all that water falling into his hair - this was Whitechapel, and there were people in the narrow alleys and underneath awnings, watching as they walked by. Here, Watson fell silent again, following Holmes' footsteps and keeping an eye on the onlookers. There wasn't much that could be done, really, no business transactions or the peddling on one's body in this torrent, but there were still opium dens, gambling houses, vice houses, and those that guarded them. The revolver sat tucked into Watson's waistband, his overcoat hiding it from sight and the hands in his pockets keeping the coat from hugging his frame and revealing the bulge of the weapon.

He wasn't exactly certain where Holmes was taking him, only that - though the men he had seen at the table were not so far down the social ladder as to end up here - he should not break his cover in front of eyes that could easily run tales back to anyone who had the right price. So he kept his silence instead, waiting for a cue from Holmes (or, more specifically, waiting to see if Holmes dropped his persona or continued it on) to let him know when he could break character and when he should not do so.

In a Steve/Tony roleplay, I wrote as ordinary post:

Tony had known that Rogers had 'woken up' very recently, and it would seem to him that mid-1940 was just yesterday evening, but he'd been prepped well in advance for this. Fury had given him grief over it, Natasha had words to say about it (why Fury thought he'd listen to Natasha, Tony didn't know), and even Pepper had obliquely thrown in some words about being 'sensitive' and 'less abrasive' and 'careful' with the new guy, even if he did persist in comparing Tony to his dad at every turn. Maybe Tony really did look like his father - not that Tony would know, because outside of random social events during Christmas time he'd been sent away to boarding school or given to nannies - and the mistake was excusable.

Or it was.

Until Rogers had the nerve to imply that the entire company was Howard's genius and Tony was superfluous to it. That Tony didn't matter.

Rogers just skated over that, kept talking about something or the other, Tony didn't really care, because - okay, it wasn't anything different than what everyone else said, but somehow that made it worse because this was Captain freaking America. Tony had had action figures of this guy when he was ten. He was what every young man aspired to be. And Rogers didn't say anything different than what the press said, than what Obie had said, than what the board of directors had said, than what his dad had said.

Realizing that Rogers had finished talking, Tony pasted the biggest fake smile on his face while imagining punching him in the nuts. "Ah, well, if there's nothing right now, I'll just be on my way then." He paused deliberately, then said delicately, "It was - interesting to meet you." Picking up his phone, he tapped out a series of commands. He was going to f**king prove to this a**hole that not only Stark Enterprises but the entire f**king Avengers couldn't live without him, just to smear Rogers' nose in it. "We done here, now?" he mumbled disinterestedly,

In an incubus/supernatural roleplay, I wrote as ordinary post:

Infierno did his absolute best not to narrow his eyes and bare his teeth at the man in a hiss, like the snakes that incubi so often resembled. Yes, it was a ridiculous name, but his master had given him one that would make him fit in with all the other w***es here. At least he wasn't Stallion or D*ck or any other of the more lewd and obvious names. But he was trained well, and it was no difficulty to keep a mildly confused expression on his face as he absently licked at his lips, watching the man's face. Blushing. First time in a w**rehouse? Or not expecting a man. He had definitely been surprised to see Infierno there, after all... He watched with something akin to amusement as the man specifically moved his leg into a less provocative pose.

The sound and sight of a gun, though, had all amusement wiped away and he had a split second to wonder whether this man was one of his master's business rivals, come to muscle in on this corner of the market. It wouldn't have been the first time, after all - but best to go with the helpless innocent routine first. If it could do nothing else, it would at least let him see this man's reactions. Shrinking back on the couch, he widened his eyes and put his hands up, making it absolutely clear he was helpless. "Please, sir," he breathed, even as he ever so gently relaxed his tight control on his power and tested the air with it, tested to see if he could find places in this man's aura that would allow him to hook in and reel the man in, make the man focus on sex and desire and completion instead of whatever this man had in mind. "I do not understand!"

Yet the man seemed adept at finding the cameras, at locating the wires and disabling them. Not all that smart, or maybe wanting to make a statement - either way, crushing the cameras would only alert the person watching them that something was wrong. And when the man said Infierno's true master's name, his eyes turned hard in his face and his manner turned from cringing fear to cold calculation. There were few who knew his master's name - fewer still who knew his master by his birth name, Vincent Omni, and not simply the Head - and all were dangerous. Deciding that the least he could do was play along for the moment, he let his lip curl as he let loose more of his power, sending a smoldering look the man's way. "Your custody, senor? What will you do? Remove me from this place? How do you propose to do that, may I ask?"

In a Cougar/Jensen roleplay, I wrote as ordinary post:

Well, that was probably the most Jake could expect. After all, he'd proved his inability to shut up (though, to be fair, spinal-injury-guy could talk, dead-guy couldn't) and his practically compulsion to shift or tap his fingers or do something so that his energy could bleed off somewhere. But really, he'd been covert before. Sure, he'd been on the ground, shooting things with crossbows (because crossbows were just freaking awesome, no way to get around it) but his hands had been steady, his shot had been directly on target, not too far off one side or too high up or too far down.

So. It was really just his ability to sit still.

Because Jake didn't get why there had to be absolute silence. Sure, maybe for concentration reasons, but Jake could and often did focus on complex algorithms and reverse hackers and bunches of stuff completely while talking. No, the main thing Jake figured was the sitting absolutely still.

It had been a bit embarrassing, that Cougar had had to uncurl his fingers - that Cougar had seen how much it meant to him, in a way - and so he chattered behind Cougar's body (and yes, he was admiring his lover-slash-boyfriend-slash-friend-with-benefits-slash-something's hot a**) as he followed Cougar up the stairs to the roof. Thankfully, they were only on the second or third floor from the top, and in the middle of an Indian day no one wanted to walk out onto the roof where the sun could bake your brains. No one would be bothering up here, though people from other buildings might notice.

Nah. It was midday, and only fools and people who didn't respect the heat of the sun were up here. Jake wondered which one he was, and which one Cougar was. Strike that. He knew.

"So, I mean, I know I'm a good shot, maybe not Cougar- or Clay-good but I'm Pooch level, definitely. Not Aisha-level - girl's a scary b***h sometimes - but I'm guessing it's not the shooting you really need to make me practice, huh?" A semi-amused, semi-bitter smile flashed through his eyes before the emotion was wiped away. "I'm not exactly the most still of people, if you haven't noticed. But I could do it if I had to, I know it. I'm not about to put you guys' lives in jeopardy because my nose itches at the wrong moment." Specifically not one person's life, he thought to himself as he watched Cougar carefully. He didn't want to cause a fuss, but it was pretty d**n clear no one else was around. Though it had looked like Clay had been moments away from handing a gun to Rio to see how good a shot he was.

Still, Jake was a special forces operative. And he'd d**ned well prove he was one for a reason, for motivations too numerous to mention at the moment, but mostly? Because he wanted Cougar to see him as one.

In a sci-fi future sheriff/government agent roleplay, I wrote as intro:

Daniel Roarke was bone-tired. Fed up and tired of cleaning up the messes the government cobbled together like Frankenstein's monsters. One of these days he was just going to blow his own brains out. His team had been whittled down from four men to himself. Slowly but surely, the line of work they were in had took the life of two - one, because they had been bitten by an infectious creature and the government scientists had deemed it more humane to put the man down than quarantine him and record the results of a bite. The other had simply been too overtired after a week of hunting down an escaped monstrosity and had fallen asleep on watch. Daniel and Latham had woken up to his screams, and the feeding of the beast.

And two weeks ago, Latham had eaten his own gun.

Daniel stepped out of the shower, bionic arm whirring as the metal plates slid against one another and twisted with his movement to lift the towel to his head and dry fairly short black hair, dog tags clinking on the chain around his neck as he shook his head vigorously to get the last drops of water out of his hair. Not military short - after all, he'd been in Black Ops before this, the Special Ops before that, and he'd been at this long enough to grow his hair as long as he pleased. Not like the government had a lot of operatives who could do what he did - especially at the rate they bit it, either because of the work or because of... what they saw.

He was on leave, though - his own time, his own place, his own schedule. Which was why, as he knotted the towel around his waist and moved to the kitchen to drink some of the synthetic sludge that masqueraded as coffee, when his phone beeped he was sorely tempted to completely ignore it.

Then again, what was worse - being deployed out on a mission to deal with more horrific s***, or sit here with his memories of his last mission and Latham's response to having to put down the village that had been infected?

With a sigh, he picked up the slim earpiece and slid it in his ear. "Roarke."

"Distress signal came in from a small bordertown, Cactus Springs. Needs someone to check out whether its dust-worthy, and if so, clean-up."

Daniel clucked his tongue and poured the liquid in a cup - in the future that he and his brothers-in-arms had fought to secure, only the rich could afford organics and everyone else dealt with synthetics and chemical imitations - as he said mildly, "I'm on leave. And on psychiatric leave, at that. I don't have a team. I'm currently naked. I have a bunch of other reasons for why this is a bad idea, Hughes."

Like Daniel knew he would, Hughes ignored him completely and continued, "Intel is being downloaded to your 'link. Credit chips have been wired for your weaponry, and you can stop by the army base out by Mesa Peak. It's on your way, and you should have enough credit chips in your account to cover what you need to buy from them. This sheriff put out an emergency call, not just a check-up, so we're inclined to believe it's fairly to moderately serious. You will update us if it becomes high priority."

"What base am I checking out? Is it even a base, or a research center with rent-a-cops?" Daniel snorted, the comm-link in his metallic wrist beeping to report the incoming information.

"Lowell Army Base. We had noted that the customary check-in had been missed two times consecutively, but until three times are missed no flags are raised - especially for bases out in the middle of nothing."

Daniel sighed and moved to the tiny bedroom, Spartan in its decor and his clothes already rolled up, ready to be packed away. Old habits died hard and all that s***, but truth was he had been getting antsy anyway and most likely would have protested the army shrink's decision soon enough. Dropping the towel, he pulled on some boxers and then army cargos. A black t-shirt was pulled over caramel skin - he was a mutt, a mix of races that graced him with slanted hazel eyes, a towering physique, soft black hair covering much of his body, skin that could pass for a light African American or a light South Asian or a Native American or, h***, a really well-tanned Caucasian, even, and being a mutt had not made it easy to advance in the ranks - and then he grabbed the thick leather jacket and helmet hanging on the back of the chair that sat by the small desk by the window. "I should have full access to their files, then, if it's an army base. No classified s***, no f***ing surprises. You hear me, Hughes?"

"You'll get as much as we can give you," Hughes responded flatly. "Expected arrival time?"

Doing some calculations in his head - Mesa Peak, Lowell, and Cactus Springs were only loosely in a straight line and not only that, the line was stretched out ridiculously - he responded, "Maybe three or four days, considering."

"Make it two. Hughes out."

The earpiece beeped, signifying the end of the conversation. Daniel huffed a bitter chuckle and unclipped it from his ear, dropping it in a small pocket in his cargos. His ID and loose credit chips went into another pocket, his army-issue laser blade and some thin, loose coil of wire in another. Secreting more items and weaponry into the various pockets, he threw the rest of his clothes in his duffel bag and pulled on the heavy military boots. Snagging the keys from the headboard, he glanced around the apartment. Beyond the synth-coffee in the coffeepot and the freeze-dried synth-meals in the freezer, all evidence of his existence was now in his pockets or in his duffel bag.

"F*** you, Lath," he grunted before stepping out of the apartment and locking the door behind him.

His mode of transportation was a Steed - an advanced Army invention built like a motorbike in that it had a front wheel and a back, but the body was built like a lion's and instead of handlebars, Daniel had reins and a semi-intelligent AI chip located behind the glowing eyes that responded to voice commands and had some basic commands wired into it. The duffel was stored in the belly of the body, the saddlebags left empty for his side stop at Mesa Peak Army Base, and within ten minutes Daniel had left the nameless high-rise in an equally nameless city that meant less to him than the fact that he had to put up with synth-coffee.

Nonstop travel allowed him to reach Mesa Peak in eight hours instead of twelve, and he kept his trip short, knowing what weapons he favored and used the best. Within an hour, he was back on the road, bent over the body, reins loose as he let the machine reach its top speeds. After all, who really traveled these basic concrete and broken pavement relics of roads anymore? It wasn't like he had to keep an eye out for heavy traffic.

He slept by the side of the road after sixteen hours of straight driving, keeping the rest stop short, and recharged the machine at the next station he passed. Cactus Springs was still about thirty hours out, but the Steed could go a long way before losing its charge and Daniel was used to programming the instructions into the AI and letting the machine guide the travel while he slept on its back. He could most likely cut that down to twenty hours, if he pushed hard, he estimated.

Twenty-two hours later, just six hours shy of the two hour limit, he saw the signs for Cactus Springs and slowed down the Steed, glancing at the sun low in the sky, getting ready to set. His first mission completely alone. Daniel tapped fingers against his thigh before thumbing the control on the wire reins and slowing the Steed even further down, to an easy lope instead of an all-out dash. Cactus Springs wasn't all that much, looking at it, but he was pretty sure that building there was the best place to start looking for the sheriff, given its sign read 'Jailhouse.' At the very least, Daniel thought wryly, whoever was inside would know where to find the sheriff. Pulling up outside the building, he locked down the Steed and slid the helmet off his head to shake out his hair - streaked and damp from sweat as the sun was harsh and unforgiving on the road.

He made his way up the front steps, undoing the buttons on his leather jacket that had kept it closed and most of the dust off of his torso. He knocked once, then entered, gaze sweeping over the inside analytically. "I'm looking for the sheriff in Cactus Springs; he called for some assistance two or three days ago and I'm here to figure out what he needed done."

(just an fyi, I sanitized the language. After all, just because I cuss in my post doesn't mean I have to shove it in your faces. =] )

Intro
Rules
Pairings
Samples

Tricky Fairy

What other HP pairings might you be interested in? The ones you have are intriguing, but they're not the characters I generally play (Sirius, Severus, Lucius and Tom).
fairie lore
What other HP pairings might you be interested in? The ones you have are intriguing, but they're not the characters I generally play (Sirius, Severus, Lucius and Tom).

What type of rp are you looking for? I can easily see a Sirius/Harry, or Severus/Charlie, or a Lucius/Draco. However, Tom is not someone I would ever feel comfortable rping, but the others... what were you aiming for?

Tricky Fairy

role to be played
fairie lore

What type of rp are you looking for? I can easily see a Sirius/Harry, or Severus/Charlie, or a Lucius/Draco. However, Tom is not someone I would ever feel comfortable rping, but the others... what were you aiming for?

I would definitely be interested in Lucius/Draco. c:
fairie lore

I would definitely be interested in Lucius/Draco. c:

Go ahead and pm me to discuss your plot and to get contact info. =3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items