Welcome to Gaia! ::

A dream is a wish your heart makes.

In dreams you will lose your heartache; whatever you wish for you keep 0.17647058823529 17.6% [ 3 ]
I understood that reference! 0.058823529411765 5.9% [ 1 ]
(/cue loud yodelling) 0.76470588235294 76.5% [ 13 ]
Total Votes:[ 17 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 119 120 121 > >> >>> »|

User Image

User Image
                                            Hello and welcome to DYWC, a roleplay about stories that we've never seen a side of. This is the first time I am running a role-play that's been solely created by yours truly, so I am really excited and nervous!

I am proud to announce that DYWC has been running on Gaia since 30 November 2013, while the in-character thread has been in play since 26 Jan 2014. It is an incredible experience to have met so many writers who are, and have been, involved in DYWC in one way or another. We would not be able to achieve so much without all of you!

The basic premise of DYWC revolves around mystery and hope. In a land where fairy tale characters lead their own lives between their stories, oddities have been cropping up after the Great Beginning failed to start. Everyone is figuring out ways to stop or fix things in Ever After, depending on the character's (true) affiliation. There is also the mysterious death of Snow White, along with inconsistencies in most fairy tales which are all tied in somehow. Whatever your character chooses to do - or not to - they will be able to affect the storyline on a larger scale. I've always loved creating worlds for people to experiment with, and DYWC is an ambitious project made possible through participation in both IC and OOC threads.

You may notice that I have yet to label the type of role-play that DYWC falls under. It is not an oversight on my part. You can read the section on 'writing' for more information. All in all, DYWC is meant for us to have fun while writing as freely as possible.

I value communication and creativity a lot, so do read things through before joining! Feel free to post any ideas, suggestions and/or questions in the Help Centre. I'll reply as soon as possible.

Thank you and hope you'll enjoy this as much as I do!

Also, thread layout, concepts and image edits ( originals by varied artists ) are my creation and I'd appreciate being informed if you wish to use or be inspired from them in any manner; the characters belong to respective roleplayers.

* BEST VIEWED WITH BETTER GAIA (CONSTRAINED FORUM WIDTH)
                                            * ANNOUNCEMENTS CAN BE FOUND IN THE INFORMATION THREAD

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
                User Image
                User Image
                currently not accepting guest characters from other stories until further notice!
                drop me a message if you have a character concept in mind though!
                (please see guest playable characters' section in the information thread)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.tsu2013dywc
      User Image
_________━━ THERE WAS A TIME !
________________i used to look into my father's eyes in a happy home
___________ tab I WAS A KING tab I WAS A KING tab I WAS A KING tab I WAS A KING tab I WAS A KING
___________ i had a ( golden throne )

MINIMUM OF 1 IC POST EVERY 10 DAYS ; DATES FOLLOW GMT +8 TIMEZONE. REFER TO TIME ZONE CONVERTER .
                                          IF YOU NEED AN EXTENSION, JUST ASK <3

X CITY
                                          stellar asterism (gilbert) posted on 31 july
                                          godessofthieves (iva) . 10 AUG

THE HUB
                                          tab ONE
                                          Roux-Tsu (lucan) posted on 2 Aug
                                          ciindo (arlen) . 12 AUG

tab TWO
                                          the fatal drop (damon) posted on 26 july
                                          mana regen . 6 AUG tab *extended to 16 Aug

COSMIC PORT
                                          silvieon (verity) posted on 15 july
                                          mitsuki_hitomi (audrey) . 25 JULY tab *extended to 8 Aug 25 Aug

THE DINGES
                                          UnAnticipated (elyse) posted on 3 Aug
                                          shiny ponkan (mari) . 13 AUG

═════════════════════════════════
                                          DON'T YOU WORRY DON'T YOU WORRY CHILD
                                          see heaven's got a plan for you
                                          DON'T YOU WORRY DON'T YOU WORRY NOW

UPDATE(S) ON ABSENCES / HIATUS
                                          tab
                                          Roux-tsu (LUCAN)
                                          Work @ Shanghai from 7 July to end July
                                          Will be less active during the following dates: 7 - 12 Aug ; 28 Aug - 12 Sep.
                                          Relocating during early Nov, will be busy settling in but still available for posting <3
                                          tab
                                          UnAnticipated (ELYSE)
                                          Having computer problems (27 July) and will post asap - extension given
                                          tab
                                          username (CHARACTER NAME)
                                          Info here.
                                          tab
                                          username (CHARACTER NAME)
                                          Info here.

those days are gone ████████████_________
                                          NOW THE MEMORY'S ON THE WALL ___
                                          ihearthesongsfromtheplaceswhereiwasborn ihearthesongsfromtheplaceswhereiwasborn____
                                          User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show..dywc
      User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
___________ tab I WAS A KING tab I WAS A KING tab I WAS A KING tab I WAS A KING tab I WAS A KING

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. writing

There is no word minimum or restriction on post length. I trust that we have the capability to write posts in third person, provide action, reaction and reveal the character's thought processes and feelings as needed. Give us good content to work with and you are good to go.

Good grammar is a basic requirement. The flow of words should be natural. Spellcheck is your best friend.

NEW! DYWC has a bare minimum of an IC post every 10 days. Participation is crucial, be it in the OOC or IC thread. Give ideas, throw in suggestions, take the initiative to make something happen in the IC thread! Chat as often in the OOC as possible. While most of us tend to use Skype, it is preferable that we make full use of the OOC thread.

I am also testing this: self-moderation. As of 10 March 2014, I will refrain from sending out official reminders to post in the IC (or even the OOC for that matter) because I trust that you will read the going-ons in the IC and keep each other informed by plotting or chatting. The bare minimal is still required, as is informing us via OOC or PM if you are unable to post.

In addition to that is this: write a few sentences in the IC to excuse your character. Even one or two sentence(s) will be enough. The content is up to you but the rest of us can offer suggestions if needed. This is especially important if you need to take an extended break/absence. So long as this is not abused, I am open to having one-liners when you need to place your character out of the way.

NEW! Placeholder posts are accepted if you are too busy to post. Just remember to include several sentences of what your character is/will be doing/saying etc so we can have some material to work with. Try not to resort to this too often.

Please temporarily skip whomever you are waiting for if it has been more than 10 days since the previous person's turn.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. characters

The characters are open to interpretation. This is meant to be a relaxing roleplay so chill out, let your imagination run wild and write all you want.

If more than one person applies for the same character, reservations will be reviewed accordingly before a decision is made. I do not wish for anyone to spend time writing up a complete profile, then waiting and agonising over who the role will fall to. Having an accepted reservation does not mean that you have gotten the role.

I will be replying to everyone within 72 hours of filling up all slots for the same character or at least a week after the first slot has been applied for (whichever that comes first). So, be sure to give your all when filling up the reservation. Click here for more details.

Character profiles will have to be completed within one week after the role has been confirmed.

The character facts (in grey) listed in the blurbs cannot be changed. When filling up the profiles, there will be a section to indicate if each fact is known to others.

NEW! Guest Playable Characters (GPCs) are temporary event-centric characters will join us from time-to-time. More information can be found here.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. plot

The plot will move along no matter what happens. Simply inform us in the ooc (and quote me too) if you are/may become busy or are unable to post. No character will ever be removed from DYWC! What happens is that a certain scenario or event will occur, holding back your character from continuing his or her journey. All characters are just as important as another. Also, new character slots may be opened in the future.

Expect intrigue.

The basic premise is to have everyone figure out ways to stop or fix things in Ever After, depending on your character's (true) affiliation. There is the mysterious death of Snow White, along with oddities in most fairy tales which are all tied in somehow.

This roleplay has several end-points; the paths we take in the IC will determine how quickly or slowly we reach them.

More importantly, it is a web of decisions and actions that I am constantly revising and updating with your help. So yes, what your character does or does not do in the IC does affect. All things have their consequences and it is the same in Land of Words.

However, it does not mean that I know exactly how it is going to end. All I know are the possibilities; the True Ending lies in your hands.

NEW! There are some things that are definite, three of which I am sharing to clear up any doubts or questions about what's going on.

1) Our characters will be travelling to different Kingdoms as part of their journey.

2) There are a total of six major plot movements (or 'arcs' if you prefer to see them as such). These plot movements may reduce depending on what actually unfolds in the IC. Amaranth is the first major plot movement.

3) Minor plot movements refer to Happenstances and any other events.

User Image plot NEW!

The inventory should be an additional post to individual profile threads, refer to the last post of the coding section for the coding.

You can update the Choices and Consequences section each time a minor or major plot event happens. For example, Lucan chose Path A for the Dark Maze, and ended up losing consciousness during the event.

Everyone must add the following under 'Possessions' : Asset - Memory 001

Memory 001 refers to your answer that was given during the application process. If you need a refresher on what it was, just let me know and I'll PM it to you.

Any time you wish to reveal to others the particular memory, you will have to tell me. Those who receive the memory will update '_____'s Memory 001' into their own inventory.

Think of each possession as a card.

Upon using it, update the quantity or use strike tags so that we know that it has been used.

A card can refer to anything tangible or intangible. All characters will be receiving the following cards:
                                              Asset - Memory 001 : this refers to the secret scenario that was given to you upon applying for the role. PM me if you can't remember what it was.
                                              Asset - Empty : what your character knows that may be important to affect the plot
                                              Charm x 1 : your character uses his or her charisma
                                              Fate - Empty x 1 : a special card that will be given at the end of a plot movement or as necessary to plot event(s)
                                              Instinct x 2 : for characters with animal forms only; similar to Intuition except it's more attuned as a natural response, especially towards danger
                                              Intuition x 3 : using this reveals something about the current situation(s) / person(s) / object(s) etc; not necessarily detailed
                                              Knowledge x 2 : your character is given information about the surroundings/person(s)/object(s) etc
                                              Meta x 1 : single usage only. you will be given extremely important info about the overarching plot

The second Asset card is listed as Empty. The information will be given to you over the course of the story progression.

The number of cards will be changed every plot movement. There may or may not be an increase during a particular plot movement, so use them wisely.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. etiquette

Let's be respectful towards each other. Try to get along and if you think you aren't seeing eye to eye with someone, let me know. Remember that IC drama does not equate to OOC drama.

As mentioned, drop me a message or tell us in the OOC if you may be busy and will be unable to post. It will be nice to know that you are still here with us.

If, at any point, you wish to withdraw from the roleplay, do so gracefully. You can message me with details and then have a generic announcement in the OOC (bearing in mind that the other roleplayers may want to know why). You may want to write an exit post for your character and/or allow me to write in a scenario to remove him or her. Remember that you will always be welcomed back c:

NEW! If there is no news from you for more than four weeks, I will convert your character into a GPC. You are welcome to re-join us any time if you can write the character at a consistent pace.

* UPDATED 13 SEP 2014

ihearthesongsfromtheplaceswhereiwasborn ihearthesongsfromtheplaceswhereiwasborn
____
      User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

ihearthesongsfromtheplaceswhereiwasborn ihearthesongsfromtheplaceswhereiwasborn
____
OPEN !
... and it's 4.38 in the morning. Ahhhh where did all the time go?!?
(/rolls out red carpet for everyone) c:
(/sets up nest at one corner) Time to sleep...for now!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff