Welcome to Gaia! ::

First Quidditch match of the season is between . . .

Gryffindor 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 6 ]
Slytherin 0.22222222222222 22.2% [ 4 ]
Ravenclaw 0.27777777777778 27.8% [ 5 ]
Hufflepuff 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 18 ]
This poll closed on January 25, 2011.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 138 139 140 > >> >>> »|

User Image

ALL THAT I NEEDxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxa harry potter roleplayxxxxxxxa harry potter roleplayxxxxxa harry potter roleplay

Yes, this is one of those typical 'Harry Potter setting minus the actual canon characters'. Don't judge me!
The plot is my own, even though some of it is obviously influenced by J.K's amazing work, so don't steal.
This little blurb should be longer, because it looks so pathetic right now. Pretend this sentence is important.
Graphics were made by the AMAZING ultra specs, and we should all bow down to his amazing graphic skills.
I really hope this turns out to be a fun, dramatic, long-term Hogwarts roleplay. So step right up!
I promise I don't bite (though you might want to be careful around the Blast-Ended Skrewts).

ULTRA SPECS - graphic + codingxxxxxxIMAN EGG - owner + creator of RPxxxxxxJ.K. ROWLING for the lovely harry potter series <3

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
User Image

shaking silently
                      throwing the scale off balance
                      we all know that's all that i need

IT HAS BEEN EXACTLY FOUR YEARS AND THREE MONTHS SINCE
                                  the famous Harry Potter defeated Lord Voldemort deep inside the walls of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Since that day, the magical community has celebrated with happy spirits and a renewed faith in the Ministry of Magic, as well as a deep obsession with anything related to Harry Potter. It is now August 31, 2000, and Hogwarts is happily opening it's gates to new and returning witches and wizard students, anticipating a relaxed, event-free year. However, this is Hogwarts, and the underlying motto has always been 'Expect the unexpected'.

LAST YEAR, THREE SIXTH YEAR SLYTHERIN STUDENTS,
                                  two boys and one girl, were working on a Potions essay late one night in the Restricted Section of the library. One student, bored of his homework, began browsing the shelves. As he pulled out a heavy encyclopedia of illegal potions, a small notebook fell out from between the dusty pages. It was a thin booklet filled with the most dangerous spells ever discovered. On the last page, the students discovered a note saying that this book helped turn one extraordinary, but underrated, student into the most powerful wizard ever alive. It was signed by Lord Voldemort. These three Slytherin students now held the secrets to the rise of the Dark Lord, who had been the most feared wizard for decades. But what would they do with it?

WELL, BEING SLYTHERIN STUDENTS WHOSE FAMILIES HAD BEEN
                                  ruined when Harry Potter defeated the Dark Lord and whose reputations had been stained by arrests and accusations of the Ministry of Magic, they decided to study the booklet's magic during the summer, and would then return to Hogwarts for their seventh and final year of school prepared to begin an uprising. They would create a legion of Dark Magic supporters, starting an alliance of students as the antithesis of Harry Potter's famous 'Dumbledore's Army'. The era of the Dark Lord isn't finished, they will proclaim.

IN 2000, HOGWARTS WILL BE HEADQUARTERS FOR AN UPRISING
                                  of dangerous proportions. Will the other students be able to stand up to the Slytherin students? Will Gryffindor present another hero figure, or has the supply of Harry Potters come to an end? With Ravenclaws be attracted to the intellectual power of the Dark Arts rebellion, and will Hufflepuffs fall prey to the Slytherin's insults and step aside, letting the group rise to power? The decision is in your hands, roleplayers. Step right up and join the battle between good and evil.

User Image
User Image

shaking silently

LITERACY - Okay, first things first, this is an advanced-literate roleplay. This means all posts must be a minimum of three-four paragraphs, must have proper grammar and sentence structure, and must actually move the plot forward. All dialogue should be bolded, and all thoughts should be italicized. I'm going to be stricter than usual with the samples, since I have a bad habit of giving in and just saying yes to people, and then their posts aren't great. Please don't feel offended. Just because I don't say yes doesn't mean you suck.

APPLYING - All reservations will be pmed to me with the title "Pigfarts". In the reservation, you should include your character's age, a quick sentence or two about your character's personality/history, a big picture of your character and a 100x100 icon, and your samples. Samples need to be advanced-literate. I'm not gonna accept you if you give a half-assed sample and tell me you can "do better". I'm not a really trusting person. Once I have given you the okay, you can start your profile. I will be sorting the characters into one of the four houses. I think this makes things more interesting, and allows you to paint a character with their own characteristics, rather than a mirror of the house's qualities. Of course, just like in Harry Potter, the Sorting Hat will take your wishes into consideration, so if you really want to be in a certain house, shoot me a pm. There will be three exceptions to the Sorting rule, and that is for those who wish to play one of the three Slytherin students starting the revolution. If you want to play one of the three (or rather, one of the two boys since I will be playing the female), let me know! And chat in the OOC! That's always a fun part of any roleplay, right?

CHARACTERS - This may turn people off, but I prefer celebrities and models for characters. That doesn't mean your character has to be Miley Cyrus (it's okay if you want that, though). It just means your character can't be some random kid from your high school (creepy, right?) or some random scene kid. I don't want raccoons in my roleplay. Okay, so this is a Hogwarts roleplay, so all characters will be between the ages of 11 and 17. I will only accept one animagus, werewolf, and veela. Anything else needs to be discussed with me, and if someone's already taken that trait, then you can't be one. No exceptions. Now, this roleplay needs action and drama. And what makes action and drama? Rude, flirting, deceiving, naive, egotistical characters. No character should be described by one word. These characters should have good and bad traits, all of which affect the way they act and the way they talk. In a nutshell, just make them original. I will accept any sort of sexuality, age, nationality, gender, whatever. If you don't like that, get out. You can have up to two characters, and only if you know you can handle posting for both.

POSTS - Basically, make your posts pretty. That's what picnik.com/photoshop/Personalized Graphics forums are for. Please use lists! For those of you who aren't familiar with those, they are awesome little codes that indent your text or images or whatever you want to indent. Also, no unreadable colors, no size font under 10 or over 12 for the actual text, and just... make it pretty guys. It isn't that hard.

OTHER - Please no drama in the OOC. We're all friendly people here, right? Stick to the Gaia TOS. No intense swearing. If I forgot anything important that I should stick here, let me know?

User Image
User Image

shaking silently

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
                                  Will PetersenxxxxxxChantelle ImanxxLexus ScottxxxxixxxxVeronica DaleyxxxRobert Greengrass
                                  HEIL ELLEHxxxxxxxxMcTonziexxxxxxxe c l i s p e d - - -MOONxxxmulepleaxxxxxxTephxxxxxxxxx

User Image
User Image

shaking silently

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
                                  Stella ParkxxixxxxxJace SkyesxxxxxxxAugust BradleyxxxxxxMikal Vivanioxxx
                                  iman EGGxxxxxxxixposer un lapin - -xxCriminalXMastermindxxvirgin eaterxxxxxxxxx

User Image
User Image

shaking silently

User ImageUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
                                  Baron DavenportxxxAdalia EmersonxxxxxJayden Parkxx Cyrene Magdalenaxxx
                                  country strongxxxxx- - - portraitof u g l yxxximan EGGxxxxxSothisxxxxxxxxx

User Image
User Image

shaking silently

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
                                  Demitrius Hawethorni Mickey Kilfionxx Poppy KennawickxxxCharacter namexxx
                                  i m p a t i e n c e - - xxf u h b r e e z exxxup on adderallxxxxxxxUsernamexxxxxxxxx

User Image
User Image

shaking silently

PROFILE THREADS
                                  Congratulations, you've been accepted to this roleplay! Now time to work on the profile. You will create your own thread and your own profile for this roleplay. Now, self-made profiles in test threads may look intimidating, but they don't take much and allow for a lot of creativity. I have a basic outline, so just make sure you include all of the information. Other than that rule, you can basically go crazy! Feel free to make it plain and simple or wild and colorful. One note of caution: THIS SHOULD NOT TAKE LONGER THAN A WEEK. If more than 5-7 days have passed, and your profile still isn't finished, you are either putting too much effort into it or you aren't focused enough to finish it, which means you should probably drop this roleplay. Profiles will be due 5 days after you send your reserve and are accepted. Exceptions need to be discussed with me. When you are finished with the profile, link them in the OOC and the profile thread. You can just leave your House blank until I sort you.

PROFILE OUTLINE

User Image
User Image

shaking silently

By Gryffindor, the bravest were
                    Prized far beyond the rest;
                    For Ravenclaw, the cleverest
                    would always be the best;
                    For Hufflepuff, hard workers were
                    Most worthy of admission;