Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Vampire

4,800 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image
Alexandre Julian Sauvageon
"What I have to do is horrible, make no mistake of that, but it is necessary. At least, this is what I tell myself.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Alexandre Julian Sauvageon is the name and assassination and wetwork is my game! Which means I belong to Hidden Watchers
As you can see I am a man who happens to like women
Don't worry though, I'm twenty-eight so I know what I'm doing!
People say I have a bad habit of: "If I'm describing myself in one word? Dedicated. Yes, I suppose dedicated would be the best word for me. You could say I dedicate every moment to the Watch. If it is not preparing for an op, it is it's execution. On the off-chance I'm not assigned to anyone, I exercise and train, hone my abilities. As such, I don't have much of a social life. Even less so than normal for those in the Watch, I believe. The only people I have anything approaching regular interaction with are fellows Watchers. That isn't to say I am not agreeable. I like to think I'm amiable enough. Friendly. I do have a fondness for impressing others, particularly Ms. Venediktov. All the better if I'm impressing people by doing my job well. But, on that same mote...If we're being honest, you could also consider me conflicted. I understand what the Watch does, I understand the necessity of it. Trust me, I'm a believer in what we do. But I often wonder if there are other ways to achieve the same goal. Less bloody ways. It's cliche, isn't it? The old 'hitman with a heart' trope? Perhaps it is, perhaps I am cliched in that respect. It doesn't change my distaste for a large part of my job." but I don't really see it.
I discovered I happen to like "When I have it, free time is delightful. I mean time when I'm not training or preparing for an operation. Time when I can do whatever I like. I enjoy writing, and I often keep a journal of what I've done and what I've seen. Perhaps a bad trait in an assassin, but it's the only real outlet I have, as Blink isn't much of a conversationalist and my other options for company are rather limited. I enjoy sleight of hand, really anything that requires dexterity. I also like to read as well, which is especially beneficial as I can bring whatever book I'm reading with me on an op to peruse during whatever down-time I might have. I'll admit, I'm quite fond of Ms. Venediktov. As a leader, I mean! I admit, she can be hard to work for, but she can have her moments. And never let it be said she doesn't care for those under her command."
But really don't like "I'm not particularly fond of my job. As I've said, I know why it's necessary, but that doesn't mean I have to enjoy it. I also hate it when an operation goes south, and not just because it means I failed in some way. While I don't hate the cold, I'm also not overly fond of it. Really, any temperature extreme. Also, vampires. Or shapeshifters. I don't trust anything that used to human before turning into something monstrous/
My life isn't just rainbow's and sunshines! "My mother was a Catholic missionary and my father a local con man that managed to talk my mother into his bed. Nine months later, on a dreary August 13th day, I was born. I was born in Bordeaux, France, but only lived there for the month it took for my mother to track down my father and reveal her new bundle of joy. Unlike what most men in position would do, my father bit the bullet and organized a hasty wedding the following week. My father was a con-man amongst con-men, as successful as a con-man could get without talking his way into presidency. Now that I think about it, I think some of his success had something to do with the magic in our blood. Of course, that's supposition. I know I have a grandfather who was, is, a wizard. It makes sense. I mean, he's a charming guy, but that extra magical push couldn't hurt. However he did it, he had plenty of money sitting around. Using that money, we moved to Lyon.

It was there that I grew up. I went to the best schools my parents could afford, which was to say, the middle class selection. Still,I can't complain. An education is an education. I had an uneventful, if slightly spoiled childhood. My relationship with my parents is still good, and I love both dearly. By the time I was ten, my mother had, for all intents and purposes, become a stay-at-home mom while dad started to work as a lawyer, using his smooth talking to great effect.

If I'm in any potion to say, I grew up into a fine young man. Perhaps not as fine as I might initially think, considering my career choice, but relatively fine. When I turned twenty, I joined the army. Because why not?, I asked myself. It would provide excitement, not to mention life skills. I actually considered the Foreign Legion for a while, but my parents talked me into the safer option. Again, relatively. I spent about a year in the Armée de Terre before being promoted into the Brigade des Forces Spéciales Terre. You know, Special Forces. Real commando stuff. Top secret, you know how it is. It was actually during my time in special forces that I was introduced to the Watchers. Ms. Venediktov herself recruited me. She'd been an assassin at the time, and I stumbled onto her and her vampire while doing recon for a mission in the Middle East. It was either kill me or recruit, I thought at the time. Whatever her reasoning, she's why I'm not special forces anymore. Well, not French special forces, anyway. "
but you live and learn.
I have a "I like to keep things quiet, so I pack a silenced PAMAS G1. I also keep a small punch knife, just in case, along with a dagger tucked into my boot." and I know how to use it!
My ever faithful companion just so happens to be "Blink, the Shadow Sprite."
They give me "I can teleport, simple as that. There is, of course, a catch. I can only teleport into places covered by shadow. A darkened room, a shady alley, that sort of thing. It actually compliments my familiar rather well."
Oh I love this song! My Never, by Blue October
I forgot to tell you something. "French is my first language, but I speak English fluently. I also take particular pleasure in disproving the 'cowardly Frenchman' myth."
I wish I could escape the eyes! Count Belmont

Dapper Vampire

4,800 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image
Blink

I happen to be friends with Alexandre Sauvageon whom I happen to think highly of. It might not be to obvious at first but I am at least ten, but not sure of exact age and happen to be a Shadow Sprite
I happen to be quite fond of shadows, areas without light, peace and quiet, Alexandre, darkness, extinguishing light, sweets, cheery music.
but hate light, the sun, loud noises, yelling, violence, depressing people.
Human's just don't understand why I am Only reaching the average persons knee height, Blink could be described best as flighty. Cheery, easily distracted, and optimistic, he's constantly at odds with Alexandre over his job. Despite his misgivings, he's happy to support his companion in any way that doesn't directly harm someone or something else. Despite being unable to directly communicate with anyone outside Alexandre, he's compassionate, precocious, and curious, and often badgers his partner into delivering messages for him when something arouses his interest. Alexandre often likens him to a floating puppy, and it isn't a comparison too far off the mark. but I aim to make them figure out why!
My life before being bonded: Blink was born in the Void, so, until he was summoned to Alexandre, it was all he had ever known. His past up until his meeting with his human friend was so dull and uninteresting, that he often has trouble remembering any of it. In fact, being summoned was a dream come true, as It allowed the sprite literally a whole new world to explore. Blink doesn't personally have any interest in the mission of the Night Guard, but happily cooperates as long as they let him accompany Alexandre.
I have a He technically has razor sharp claws, but he's loathe to use them. In a fight, Blink takes on a support role, coaching and offering advice instead of getting stuck-in beside Alexandre. and I know how to use it!
I have abilities you know! Blink's specialty lies in creating darkness. He can create darkness at a whim by extinguishing any light source he wants. Obviously this doesn't apply to certain things. like the sun, or a big enough fire, but small things are fair game. Things like blowing out light bulbs, or smothering candles. Conversely, his only real weakness is light shined directly at him. He also has the ability to float, but is most often seen perched on Alexandre shoulder.
What might lie beyond the cover: Blink cannot physically talk, and as such, he can only communicate telepathically with Alexandre.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff