Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hi all! So, I've been a Gaian since ~around March 05. I was mostly active between 2005 and 2010, dipping in occasionally since then.

Due to some recent events*, I've decided to go back to the pixelated comfort food of Gaia and the AT in particular.

The bright side, is that in my near 15 years on Gaia, I've amassed quite the collection of avatars. Most of my old avatars have not survived, but a few have, archived for your viewing pleasure.

*lol, this was originally posted in august 2019. yeahhhhhh...

so Gaia has an unbelievable ******** of items now, especially as compared with 2010, which is when I was last super active.

To be perfectly frank, I don't know where to even begin with all of these new items. Hence, Make Me Wear It!

The process is simple:
1. Post an item you think I should make an avatar with.
2. I make the avatar.

I'm pretty much open to anything, item-wise.

Past Challenges:

Orlyescence
Riahz Adorkable
Post an avi with Angelic Halo.

Thanks!

I don't love halos, since they all feel very disconnected from the avatar, so I tried to make it seem as coherent and attached as possible. Obvs the halo is from item search (I don't actually own one), but the rest of the avatar is 100% my inventory.

Basically, anything that was made between 2015 and today is a "new" avatar. My general fashion philosophy can be described in one word: MOAR

My aesthetic is still decidedly old-school clutter, with a heavy emphasis on matching and some fantasy thematic elements (eg. none of my avatars would look out of place in an rpg).

I generally avoid arm and leg mods, though I'm slowly warming up to them, so long as they can be becluttered. I also prefer unexpected colorways, and balancing 5+ colors per avatar. You know, as one does. I also strongly prefer avatars with face coverings/no skin showing, because it allows me to balance out texture completely on the entire avatar.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Anything made between 2010 and 2015 qualifies as "old" in my book. These are avvies that were saved in the "saved outfits" section of gaia.

Here, you see my extreme clutter tendencies start to show. Note that there were fewer color schemes available back then, so you see some of the same colors re-appear in many avvies (red and angelic white tend to be perennial favorites.

At this point in time, I was also a big fan of the "fantasy skin + fullbody tattoo" method of adding texture.

Also, the "Nice Style for Work" glasses were and are The Bomb dot com.

Oh boy... this was a different time for Gaia. These avatars were made somewhere between 2005-2010. To give some context, the Cash Shop was not introduced until 2007, and the first evolving item was released in Nov 2007 (the very first few EIs were a bit... underwhelming).

There were virtually no face mods and few wigs (hence my hilarious over reliance on cigs and long drags, plus that one scar item). With the exception of Monthly Collectibles (then called "Donation Items" ), everything came from gold shops or things like gaia towns (collecting flowers, trash etc).

Why yes, I did really, really like both the Gothic Veil and Mythril Armor items (still do!)

These avatars have survived as uploads in my ancient photobucket account. So enjoy this slice of old school Gaia!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

open for bizniss

WraithDeer's Pardner

Saint Elder

real nice to see someone with older looking avatars/pre arm mods. <3
Pistol Kiss

hehe, thx. everything also seems very pastel nowadays. it's not a bad aesthetic, but i miss the darker days.

Hallowed Sex Symbol

8,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Orlyescence
Pistol Kiss

hehe, thx. everything also seems very pastel nowadays. it's not a bad aesthetic, but i miss the darker days.

Takes me back omg

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces