Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm sorry to say, this thread is dead. Life took over.

+ Gold 0.9 90.0% [ 9 ]
+ Gold 0.1 10.0% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 10 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 31 32 33 > >>

ed s ed's Wife

Invisible Giver

17,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Shinju Fortuna

→ ^_^ I've tried drawing the lines the way you do before (a darker shade of the original item color) but I didn't quite get the thickness right. It looked weird to me.

Oh, why thank you. >w< Sorry you couldn't get it how you wanted it though.
I use some pretty fast strokes, and a thin setting on the airbrush tool.
What program do you use? :3

ed s ed's Wife

Invisible Giver

17,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Xhex Hess
Sellesion
Xhex Hess
Sellesion
If she is #1, does that mean there is a slot open for mine? Or am I still wait-listed?

I want to get all my slots done before puting wait-list people's up there, so I don't get so overwhelmed and confused about who's been waiting longest and stuff.
Makes sense. I was asking cause I wasn't on the waitlist either, but had told I could be. Anyway, yes, the USAF and USArmy station people here. It's a 3 or 4 year overseas position.

Yeah sorry about that. sweatdrop I haven't had internet for a while, so I've not gotten around to updating my front page just yet. ^^"

And that's interesting. o3o Are you on the islands or something out there?

Invisible Lover

36,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Egg Collector 100
Sellesion
Xhex Hess
Sellesion
Xhex Hess
Sellesion
If she is #1, does that mean there is a slot open for mine? Or am I still wait-listed?

I want to get all my slots done before puting wait-list people's up there, so I don't get so overwhelmed and confused about who's been waiting longest and stuff.
Makes sense. I was asking cause I wasn't on the waitlist either, but had told I could be. Anyway, yes, the USAF and USArmy station people here. It's a 3 or 4 year overseas position.

Yeah sorry about that. sweatdrop I haven't had internet for a while, so I've not gotten around to updating my front page just yet. ^^"

And that's interesting. o3o Are you on the islands or something out there?
Nope, we are in Anchorage. It's sorta an over seas post ish because it is Out of the Continental US.. so it's OCONUS. That's what they call it, but they give him extra pay for it. And Cost of Living is outrageous here. Ah, that makes sense and I have been busy with Soccer Practice for the kids, so... yeah.

Fashionable Nerd

9,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Nerd 50
  • Hygienic 200
Sellesion

Oh, why thank you. >w< Sorry you couldn't get it how you wanted it though.
I use some pretty fast strokes, and a thin setting on the airbrush tool.
What program do you use? :3

→ I use Photoshop Elements 10. I tried 11, but I don't like it as much.. probably because I can't figure out how to use it. But it was a while ago that I tried to do it. I think it was last summer actually. I have some pieces of art that I've done when I was able to draw a lot.

ed s ed's Wife

Invisible Giver

17,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Xhex Hess
Nope, we are in Anchorage. It's sorta an over seas post ish because it is Out of the Continental US.. so it's OCONUS. That's what they call it, but they give him extra pay for it. And Cost of Living is outrageous here. Ah, that makes sense and I have been busy with Soccer Practice for the kids, so... yeah.

Oh wow. Just in Anchorage huh? I never thought that that would be considered 'Over Seas'.*shrug* But yeah, I noticed that. People in AK pay more for Gas than any other state in the US, even though most of the oil is from AK, and the gas is refined right outside of Kenai. Most of my family lives up there, so I try to visit regularly; and even at a Starbucks, the coffee and stuff is $5-$7 instead of $3-$5. Produce is also very expensive. @.@" Though, I do like how they have cleaner air, plenty of fishing and out door activities, close-knit communities because of the lower population, and how if you're a resident for at least 2 years up there, each man, woman and child gets a check for around $1000 just for living there. 3nodding

Invisible Lover

36,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Egg Collector 100
Sellesion
Xhex Hess

Oh wow. Just in Anchorage huh? I never thought that that would be considered 'Over Seas'.*shrug* But yeah, I noticed that. People in AK pay more for Gas than any other state in the US, even though most of the oil is from AK, and the gas is refined right outside of Kenai. Most of my family lives up there, so I try to visit regularly; and even at a Starbucks, the coffee and stuff is $5-$7 instead of $3-$5. Produce is also very expensive. @.@" Though, I do like how they have cleaner air, plenty of fishing and out door activities, close-knit communities because of the lower population, and how if you're a resident for at least 2 years up there, each man, woman and child gets a check for around $1000 just for living there. 3nodding
Didn't know that about the residents checks, but we did not change our home of residence to here. And yeah, but the weather is so bad in the Winter, that when it is -40 in Fairbanks, the pollution level goes up, so residents are urged to stay inside because of it. And here it gets below -30 at times. I hate the cold though... so winter and lack of sunlight is bad for me, and causes depression to worsen. As does being so far from my family. They are in TN, and it cost us almost our whole income tax return this last year, to go back for a week. Flying, not driving. And hopefully it will only cost half of that next summer, as we are gonna buy the tickets early, instead of last minute, and will be there for a month I hope.

ed s ed's Wife

Invisible Giver

17,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Xhex Hess
Didn't know that about the residents checks, but we did not change our home of residence to here. And yeah, but the weather is so bad in the Winter, that when it is -40 in Fairbanks, the pollution level goes up, so residents are urged to stay inside because of it. And here it gets below -30 at times. I hate the cold though... so winter and lack of sunlight is bad for me, and causes depression to worsen. As does being so far from my family. They are in TN, and it cost us almost our whole income tax return this last year, to go back for a week. Flying, not driving. And hopefully it will only cost half of that next summer, as we are gonna buy the tickets early, instead of last minute, and will be there for a month I hope.

Oh I see. Well yeah, if you're a resident of the state an' all~
But that's a long way to be from home! And a much much different climate. @.@" I live in the North West, so Alaska isn't too big of a stretch for me, but TN is so far away from Ak!
I don't like the cold myself either, so I can only imagine how it must be for you there. D:
Not to mention, I didn't know it got that cold in Fairbanks. I knew it could get to -10 easily around Kenai and whatnot, and that up on the north Slope around Prudoh Bay it gets -40, but wow. @.@" Really does a number on the people there then..
I hope you get to go home and visit for that month so you don't feel so down. <8 smile

Invisible Lover

36,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Egg Collector 100
Sellesion

Oh I see. Well yeah, if you're a resident of the state an' all~
But that's a long way to be from home! And a much much different climate. @.@" I live in the North West, so Alaska isn't too big of a stretch for me, but TN is so far away from Ak!
I don't like the cold myself either, so I can only imagine how it must be for you there. D:
Not to mention, I didn't know it got that cold in Fairbanks. I knew it could get to -10 easily around Kenai and whatnot, and that up on the north Slope around Prudoh Bay it gets -40, but wow. @.@" Really does a number on the people there then..
I hope you get to go home and visit for that month so you don't feel so down. <8 smile
That's good to know. And yeah, it gets that cold around here. But this summer, it was strange. It was actually as warm one day here, as it was in Hawaii. It got to 80 something, and that NEVER happens here. But yeah, we have 4 hours of night here in summer, for 3 months, and then Winter is never ending, and at it's center, when it is the coldest, there is only 4 hours of sun, if we are lucky. And no AC here, so black out curtains and fans are our friend in summer, and Central Heat, and Sunlamps are our friends in the Winter. And my spot in the house is right against the window, so in Winter I get sun, and in summer I get air... and the kids are good either way... they are not affected by it, as they love to go out and play in the snow. And hubby is a snow bunny. But we have to watch out for the bears and moose most of the year.

Man-Hungry Mage

11,100 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Millionaire 200
Sellesion

I know you're busy, but whenever you get a chance, I would love some of your lovely avi art~
I don't mind if it takes a long time, it would be well worth it. 4laugh

(I get a lot of junk PMs from doing gcash offers, so it would probably be better to do it this way in case I delete a message by you... sweatdrop )

Username: Mademoiselle Chaton
I would like: Chibi OC Couple (I'm not sure how big the large ones are, but if that's not too much trouble, that would be cool. smile )

Of My: OC couple: Kyo ( https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/226566_100935759997999_4841893_n.jpg )

and Hoshiko ( https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/229423_100939833331423_60114_n.jpg )

Would you take...?: Since they are a couple it would probably be a little more.... Um.... Would 100k-200k be okay? I could do more if you're busy or need gold, but I'm saving up for something that's kinda pricey so I'm trying not to spend all my gold yet. sweatdrop And if that's not enough, since your art is color and good quality, I could save up some more but it might take awhile.

Additional Information:
You said you don't do animal stuff, which I totally understand (ew. XD), but Hoshiko has grey-blue cat ears and a fluffy tail of the same color (not in reference picture). Would that be okay? He's a normal human other than that, no whiskers or fur anywhere else XD.

Also, if it wouldn't be too much trouble, could you make it "Alice in Wonderland" themed? In the RP I have, Kyo appears as the mad hatter and Hoshiko is the cheshire cat. A top hat and a cup of tea would be fine, or something like that, haha. Kyo really likes hats....XD

ed s ed's Wife

Invisible Giver

17,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Mademoiselle Chaton
Sellesion

I know you're busy, but whenever you get a chance, I would love some of your lovely avi art~

(I get a lot of junk PMs from doing gcash offers, so it would probably be better to do it this way in case I delete a message by you... sweatdrop )

I would like: Chibi OC Couple (I'm not sure how big the large ones are, but if that's not too much trouble, that would be cool. smile )

Of My: OC couple: Kyo ( https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/226566_100935759997999_4841893_n.jpg )

and Hoshiko ( https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/229423_100939833331423_60114_n.jpg )

Would you take...?: Since they are a couple it would probably be a little more.... Um.... Would 100k-200k be okay? I could do more if you're busy or need gold, but I'm saving up for something that's kinda pricey so I'm trying not to spend all my gold yet. sweatdrop And if that's not enough, since your art is color and good quality, I could save up some more but it might take awhile.

Additional Information:
You said you don't do animal stuff, which I totally understand (ew. XD), but Hoshiko has grey-blue cat ears and a fluffy tail of the same color (not in reference picture). Would that be okay? He's a normal human other than that, no whiskers or fur anywhere else XD.

Also, if it wouldn't be too much trouble, could you make it "Alice in Wonderland" themed? In the RP I have, Kyo appears as the mad hatter and Hoshiko is the cheshire cat. A top hat and a cup of tea would be fine, or something like that, haha. Kyo really likes hats....XD

This sounds really adorable, and like a lot of fun. :3
It will be a while before I can get to you though, if at all. >w< I've got two big commissions I'm workin' on, plus a wait-list of like 3 people already. @.@" Though, you've got the Jump on them, cus two just wanna know when commissions are open again, they haven't placed an order yet.
When it comes to me actually drawing them though, I'll need references or something for their clothes, since those pictures don't show their full bodies. 3nodding
Thank you for your interest in my art though. :'D

Man-Hungry Mage

11,100 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Millionaire 200
Sellesion
Mademoiselle Chaton
Sellesion

Additional Information:

This sounds really adorable, and like a lot of fun. :3
It will be a while before I can get to you though, if at all. >w< I've got two big commissions I'm workin' on, plus a wait-list of like 3 people already. @.@" Though, you've got the Jump on them, cus two just wanna know when commissions are open again, they haven't placed an order yet.
When it comes to me actually drawing them though, I'll need references or something for their clothes, since those pictures don't show their full bodies. 3nodding
Thank you for your interest in my art though. :'D

That's fine! I'll keep an eye out for clothes that look like something they'd wear. And honestly, if it takes you a year to get back about it, I don't mind XD I'm doing a commission for Wakatau and the guy's already given me two months and I'm hardly halfway done with it. sweatdrop So I get how long it takes, no rush! biggrin

ed s ed's Wife

Invisible Giver

17,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Mademoiselle Chaton

That's fine! I'll keep an eye out for clothes that look like something they'd wear. And honestly, if it takes you a year to get back about it, I don't mind XD I'm doing a commission for Wakatau and the guy's already given me two months and I'm hardly halfway done with it. sweatdrop So I get how long it takes, no rush! biggrin

Woot! ^^
Ohgosh! I can totally relate. >w< I think it's goin' on 2 months now that I've had these commissions. D; Its part of the reason I'm not letting myself take anymore. ^^" I had been on a roll, where I was completing a commission, or even two, in one day. @.@" I think I went through like 5 commissions like that, just like, bam bam bam. And then BAM Again! Art Block. >>
Thank you for being so willing to wait. ;w;

Man-Hungry Mage

11,100 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Millionaire 200
Sellesion
Mademoiselle Chaton

Woot! ^^
Ohgosh! I can totally relate. >w< I think it's goin' on 2 months now that I've had these commissions. D; Its part of the reason I'm not letting myself take anymore. ^^" I had been on a roll, where I was completing a commission, or even two, in one day. @.@" I think I went through like 5 commissions like that, just like, bam bam bam. And then BAM Again! Art Block. >>
Thank you for being so willing to wait. ;w;

Yeah, art just happens, you have to be in the mood for it. ^^ Good luck with your current projects! (and all the other crap life will throw at you the moment you get back to them XD my markers break, my computer dies...life doesn't like art very much. ^^' )

Invisible Lover

36,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Egg Collector 100
Mademoiselle Chaton
Sellesion

That's why I put my commission in, and am on the waitlist. But I have till late October before I need mine to be done, so she has time for the art block to clear. *giggles* And good art like this is sooooo worth the wait.

Man-Hungry Mage

11,100 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Millionaire 200
Xhex Hess
Mademoiselle Chaton
Sellesion

That's why I put my commission in, and am on the waitlist. But I have till late October before I need mine to be done, so she has time for the art block to clear. *giggles* And good art like this is sooooo worth the wait.

Agreed~ I was so surprised by how affordable it is! Some people charge so much it's impossible not to spend all your gold for one piece of art. :/

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff