17,650 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Hunter 50
HNNNNNGH I CANNOT WAIT NILLA

Timid Dabbler

OKAY SO.

math homework took over my life.
but today definitely, I will finish at least one fic.

Timid Dabbler

French Vanilla
OKAY SO.

math homework took over my life.
but today definitely, I will finish at least one fic.
annnnd I lied.
somehow I forgot about midterms.
//sob

7,450 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100

Timid Dabbler

Ptero LaNeuro
this probably wasn't what you had in mind when you said you were interested in a piece about your rabbits and other wonderland characters, but it got away from me. orz

For a fleeting breath, her demons flash hot-white and the stale air that has been settling into her stomach evaporates. She feels nothing except the sharp spike of pain from her hand, the bite of stone against her lily-soft flesh. It is satisfying and liberating at once, but before she even has the time to own this fragmented peace, it is gone. The burden of thought is heavier than ever.

Is it fear, she wonders idly, this sensation of paralysis, of frozen panic that sits atop her chest like an iron anchor dragging her down to hell? It comes from all directions, from all spaces and times. She is never free of it and sometimes she dreams of ripping her own heart out just for the silence that will follow. Crowded by the voices, she can feel their invisible hands pressing in, the space contracting around her lungs - it is a little bit like drowning on dry land. If only they screamed, she could scream back, oppress them with her iron rule.

They whisper instead. They murmur.

They touch the most intimate places with a beseeching hand.

No one likes to be left behind, after all, not even the ghost of her failures.

No monarch can go about showing such weakness though, so she carefully dabs the most astringent of lotions onto the wound and slips on the reddest pair of gloves she can find. Crushed velvet is her fabric of choice this week and it pleases her in a perverse and guttural way to see her arms clad from elbow to fingertip in such a brilliant color.

It reminds her of her own blood, of her secret and forbidden escape.

This alone, is hers.

Ah, she thinks, it's noisy again.

â™›

When she was very, very little, she used to have a Mother (and Father, but she doesn't really remember him beyond the sweep of his cloak and the shadows he'd cast over her tiny, trembling frame). And her Mother would occasionally be struck by the whimsy of how simply delightful it would be to do something quaint, like braiding her very black and very long hair. Once, just once, Mother had tried to arrange it in a complex pattern for a welcoming celebration, and the pins, carelessly shoved, had pricked her scalp.

Those places sparked a fire that chased away a deep and abiding loneliness in the little Queen to be. In that one unthinking second, she had felt at its very peak, a soothing instance where everything fell away, even her own self. She was at peace.

Many years later, when she no longer had a Mother, she thought that perhaps this was the only gift she'd ever been given by her Royal Parents and it was more than she had ever expected from them.

"We will slaughter them all. We will slaughter the Spade King Ourself."

Her eyes danced with a merry anticipation like two gleaming stars set in a colorless sky and her retainers felt the strangest surge of horror and respect mingle within them.

Any debate about whether or not the war was worth the effort ended there.

â™›

Who knew it could be so quiet here too?

His blood is every bit as hot as hers and it burns just as bright. She is happy to have this moment all to herself and heaps upon the lazy Diamond fellow all sorts of praise for not bothering to move from his throne.

â™›

The Cheshire Cat grinned down at the darling picture she painted. He was very nearly glad that he had decided, quite last minute, to let the Red Rabbit live. How else would he have seen all that lovely scarlet carnage draped across the black tile of Spade Palace? His little Blood Bunny had found such an interesting master too; why, if there was a single Queendom in all of Wonderland he'd ever favored above the others (and there wasn't, but let us pretend there was) it would have been the Queendom of Hearts. For now, at least. The Queen, dressed in the dying blood of a King, looked mightily impressive. And her eyes, oh! What a striking, fascinating shade of red.

Maybe he should collect them. They'd look even prettier floating in a jar.

â™›

"Tch. Back already, Pinky?"

It is an informal audience today, but although he is too fearless by half, he appears only a quarter of an hour late and trussed up in her colors, so she puts aside punishment for another time. She enjoys seeing him flinch a little, the skin around his mouth tightening. What an elaborate game they play; he beams at her as if she has bestowed a great compliment and bows at an angle sharp enough for her to take insult, arms unfurling in a ridiculous flourish.

"My Queen, I made great haste for it is torture to be sent so far from your side."

Perhaps there is a kernel of truth in there. He despises her for sending him to the Kingdomless King. She refuses to acknowledge the crude upstart of a mere Rabbit, but there is something to be said about proper decorum. Wonderland has Wonderland's rules, after all.

"And how was Our brother Sovereign? Faring well in the riches of his domain?" The Red Queen laughs a little at her wit, but mostly she laughs because her inscrutable advisor has tensed and she knows he is biting back a few choice words that even he will not be forgiven for.

"Well, don't just stand there. Report."

At her dismissing wave, he straightens and now it her turn to choose her words. There is a stiffness to his movements that has no bearing with his anger, a slowness to her quickest tool that hisses uncomfortably when sheathed. It is more than just scratches this time, for all that she cannot see them.

"The land would certainly fare better under your guidance."

He drops her title.

"Would it, Pinky? Aren't you happy to see an old friend on the Throne?"

She drops her bait.

Ah, and here they go again. He pales, but his fury shows in a furious flush over his high cheekbones. She loves that he gets angry at her. No one else is brave enough to. Beckoning, her loose hair falls forward as she leans and, after a tenuous pause, he comes to her hand. Slowly, she cups the left side of his face and he watches her, solemn green eyes challenging, secretive as her thumb hovers just at the corner of his vision, exerting the slightest bit of pressure.

"Are you sorry to be mine, Ace?"

God, why does he never blink.

Why can't she faze him.

"No, my Queen, I am never sorry."

Sighing, she lets him go and settles back into her chair, the chiffon layers rustling her disapproval. "We are bored, Ace. Do something interesting."

"Shall we go to the Gardens? I heard a maid - cute as mouse she was - telling a guardsman that the bleeding hearts are in season. Although Your Majesty outshines all the flowers in the Royal Garden."

â™›

Privately, he tended to his wounds with a merciless hand much as how he tended to the unwelcome memories of an old friend on the Throne. Her Majesty cut deeper than she knew with this blade - all of Wonderland feared the dangers awaiting Heart and Diamond alike in the ruins of Spade Kingdom and to send him there was a calculated cruelty, but not even she could have guessed how often his own hand drove the blade and honed his guilt razor sharp. A high, thinning sound welled in the pit of his gut and it walked the line between laughter and sobbing where no curious ear could catch the sounds.

BaneIing's Widow

Oooh~ *V* It's always such a pleasure to read your writing~ >0<

Umm I'm totally still interested if you still want to do it! <3

Timid Dabbler

Sylira
Oooh~ *V* It's always such a pleasure to read your writing~ >0<

Umm I'm totally still interested if you still want to do it! <3
I'd love to~
send me your OCs <3

Timid Dabbler

dur hurhurhur
maybe I will reopen this...
need to polish up my rusty writing.
orz;;
B))))
just let me know if you do...........
it's been so long!!

Timid Dabbler

dirty gentlemen
B))))
it's been so long!!
]BB FOR YOU
I WILL WRITE ANY TIME
regardless of the status of this shop
LOL

your art has gotten even hotter omg
I didn't think it was possible but it is !
tell me what you want darling. send me
OCs and stuff.
`
French Vanilla
dirty gentlemen
B))))
it's been so long!!
]BB FOR YOU
I WILL WRITE ANY TIME
regardless of the status of this shop
LOL

your art has gotten even hotter omg
I didn't think it was possible but it is !
tell me what you want darling. send me
OCs and stuff.
`

Sweet heart!! I don't log into MSN anymore because I don't have the client but I miss talking to you. I HOPE YOU'VE BEEN DOING WELL

Thank you, I've been working hard. B) Couldn't do it without your faith in me!!

HUFFPUFF
I'll drop you a PM soon since I might end up text walling you to death. Lmao
I really miss your writing!! It was a little hard to read the older things you've written me b/c of the characters but I still think it was gorgeous uwu

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff