Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which version of the Al/Trix couple do you like the best?

#1 - Classic is best 0.11475409836066 11.5% [ 7 ]
#2 - More room for fun creativity 0.14754098360656 14.8% [ 9 ]
#3 - Potential for eeeevil >D 0.13114754098361 13.1% [ 8 ]
I like the owl/sheep girl stuff more 0.13114754098361 13.1% [ 8 ]
None of them >| 0.081967213114754 8.2% [ 5 ]
Gold! 0.39344262295082 39.3% [ 24 ]
Total Votes:[ 61 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 51 52 53 > >>

Man-Hungry Gawker

11,200 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hunter 50
User Image
User ImageUser Image

Hello and welcome to my art request thread! This is the first one of these I've ever made, but I had a lot of fun getting all these ideas and such set up. This is a request for my fan pairing, Algaliarept and Trix. Al is actually a character from a book series by Kim Harrison, but I've stolen him as one of my favorite book characters ever, and paired him up with my avatar turned OC, Trix. There's also a request for avatar art, since I'm a big fan of that as well. Take a look around and feel free to offer your services or just stay and chat. I love meeting new people 8D!

Also, keep in mind, I'm verbally descriptive and there's a lot to read in here. Please don't ignore the writing and only look at the picture examples. I put time into the writing parts ;-;

!!!NEWS!!!

Trixsy is currently: Buying | Not Buying
Trixsy's current art want: Trix/Al #1 | Trix/Al #2 | Trix/Al #3 | Sheep Girl | Owl Girl | Owl/Sheep Friendship | Avatar #1 | Avatar #2
Contest is: Open and Running | Closed for now | Planning Stages
Art trades are: Open | Closed

UPDATES
8.14.09[/g] - Cleaned up my current requests section and am just waiting to hear back from some people regarding art. Also entered a joint shop with some friends. Snaaaaape! <3
7.8.09 - Revamp, split up the avatar requests into the owl/sheep section and then other avatars. Also, contest is ending on the 10th!
5.14.09 - Mild revamp. Art trades now available.
5.08.09 - The contest deadline has finally been set. I'm looking forward to everyone's submission! ^__^
4.28.09 -CONTESTS!!! Currently I am hosting a short art contest. Hop down to the contests section and see if you'd be interested!
4.27.09 - Thread completed due to banner help from cashiebby! <3 We are now open and I'm in the process of planning a mini-contest.
4.19.09 – Beginning construction of thread. This might take a couple days since I’m relatively ADD with this sort of thing. All depends on my mood XD

=Table of contents=
.Intro and UPDATES
.Rules/Application blank
.Couple request
.The Owl and the Sheep
.Avatar requests
.Current commission list/Featured art
.Contests
.Art Trades/Commission Me?
.Quote section
.Links

*Much love and thanks to `Cash for being my banner whore <3

Man-Hungry Gawker

11,200 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hunter 50
User Image

-Follow TOS, of course.
-Don't, I beg of you, stretch the page. It's a huge pet peeve of mine.
-Don't get upset if I don't want art from you. I can be picky, or you might be out of my price range, (I like quality art, but I also like deals. I usually only pay over 100k if the art style highly appeals to me. I know couples cost more, but I will never pay over 300k for a single piece of art. I don't usually have enough gold to pull those kind of bribes off XD) but I'll always be polite so please do the same ^_^
-Art theft is a no-no, whether you steal something from this thread that I've commishioned from someone or if you're trying to pass someone's art off as your own.
-When you post an application for art, do not PM me about said application. I will respond in the thread. If you have any other questions you're welcome to PM me or post in the thread. If you PM me about why I didn't want art from you, I will likely ignore the PM.
-Regarding artwork... signatures and such are completely fine to put on your artwork, just please don't put some semi-transparant signature across the center of the art or anything, since that makes me cry. Since I'll be keeping track of things in the thread, know you'll get credit for the work I commission you for.

If I accept your application I will send a trade with the total amount. Accept the trade when you finish the artwork and I will complete the trade. You can either PM me the art or post it in the thread, and then we shall be all smiles.

And here's the form to fill out!
[color=red][align=center][size=18]Commission me![/size][/align]
[b]Name[/b]: (Your name here plz)
[b]Price[/b]: (How much do you charge and for what?)
[b]Examples[/b]: (Please provide at least one example in URL format. If you're going to draw my couple, I'd really like it if you had a sample of a couple you've already drawn, but it's not a requirement.)
[b]Type[/b]: (Would you rather do couple art or avatar art? Chibi or normal? If you want to do a couple or avatar, which #outfit would you most like to do. This way I know which things you'd have a preference drawing :3 I might still order differently, but it's nice to know which things the artists find interesting.)
[b]Other[/b]: (Anything I should know about you? Do you like pie? Anything I should know about your art habits? Put anything here you think I need to know that hasn't been covered in the rest of the form!)
[b]Art Shop[/b]: (Link your art shop if you have one 8D)[/color][/color][/size][/align]

Note: I'm usually pretty patient with art, but there is something I usually do. If a few months go by with no art or PMs... or conversation is general, I typically send a PM just to see what the status is. If I don't get a reply or hear from you two weeks after I send the PM, I cancel the trade. I've had commissions before where the person goes inactive and I don't like to leave trades waiting for months upon months. If something comes up and you think you'll be gone for a LONG time (3 months+) let me know and we can just work with one another some other time ^_^

Man-Hungry Gawker

11,200 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hunter 50
User Image

And here's the reason I made this thread! I desperately want artwork of the demon Algaliarept, from the book series by Kim Harrison, and my OCish avatar. I have a main pairing outfit for them and a couple of other outfits that I'd like to see, but first let me introduce yout to the pieces of this wonderful pairing!
Disclaimer: This is partially how I see Algaliarept and is not how the author or other fans of the series may envision him. I've taken how he's usually described in the books and embellished on a few points and this is genuinely the image I see for him when I'm reading now. If you're an artist and you've read the books and see him differently, then I'm very excited and I'd love to see your interpretation of him! Just talk to me first! smile

Name: Algaliarept
Also called: Big Al or just Al
Race: Demon
Occupation: Soul gatherer - it's Al's job to secure the souls of people so he can drag them into the Ever After (where demon's live) if they're useful, or just to have their souls. This isn't elaborated a lot in the series, since the main role of demons are as antagonists. If someone is powerful or useful the demon wants to steal them away to use as a familiar, for bartering, or just to own.
Hair color: Dark brown
Eyes: Dark red (A detail, one you can add in or not, is that his eyes have goat pupils, meaning they're horizontal. Not a lot of people have put that into the art I've gotten and you're welcome to make the eyes like that or not, totally up to you.)
Body type: About 6'1" and lanky, not scrawny but not overly muscled either.
Scent: Burnt amber
Personality: Al is sarcastic, cocky, and more than a tad sadistic. He takes great pleasure in forcing people into morally grey situations and has never shown remorse. Throughout the series he's gone from nothing to an antagonist to possibly a misunderstood character, seeing as his job isn't going so well and his plans keep getting thwarted. He is rather meticulous about his appearance and when things are going his way, can be rather charming. Never forget that he's a demon though.
About: Al has been in the Hollows series since the very first book. He was originally summoned to kill the heroine, Rachel. The first time we read about Al, his shape shifting ability comes up. He can literally change into whatever he wants. Since his aim is to kill Rachel, he wants to use what scares her the most, but he doesn't know what that is yet. He starts out as a yellow, pony sized dog, then a seedy, mob-ish London man, followed by a male vampire Rachel has met (Kisten) and finally turns into Rachel's roommate Ivy before attacking her. Al is strong enough to take on the abilities of what he shapeshifts into, so as a vampire he has vampire powers... you get the idea. His favorite form, and the one we almost always see him in, is that of a cultured english man. He wears smoke-tinted spectacles perched on his nose (though most people have drawn him in faintly tinted glasses or just plain glasses) and a frock and coat combination that is crushed green velvet. He wears white gloves and his sleeves have lace (which he frequently straightens when he's talking XD). He uses an english accent when he's in this form. During the series he's changed his form whenever he feels the need to mess with Rachel, he's turned into her father and her mother, and at the current point in the series he's teaching Rachel how to do certain kinds of magic, so we get to see a whole different side to the demon.
Tidbits: I have him commissioned with pointed ears and just a hint of sharpness to his teeth. I don't care if the books always describe him with flat, blocky teeth XD

Name: Trixsy
Also called: Trix
Race: Elf
Hair color: Dark pink
Eyes: Gold
Body type: About 5'6" and curvy.
Scent: Peppermint
Personality: Before Al captured her she was every bit the smug, arrogant noble. She looked down her nose at everyone, but when she was tossed out of society for dealing with demon magic her ego definitely deflated a bit. With Al, whom she used to loathe, she started to see more of his charming side and against her better judgement fell for him. After all their years together, Trix is very loyal and protective, willing to help Al however she can. When they're out in casual clothing she tends to be playful, adopting the stinging sarcasm that Al exhibits.
About: In the Hollows, it's general consensus that elves are extinct. There was a problem with genetics that made their birth rate decline fiercely and there's really a bare few left. However, elves make for decent familiars. In the series, Al had an elf familiar that Rachel rescued, but it my little OC-fandom twisted mind I pulled out another one that Al had on loan for a favor. Trixsy was an elf that practiced forbidden (aka demon) magics, or at least she tried to. What she ended up doing was summoning Al, who took advantage of the situation. Whenever you make a deal with a demon they can leave a mark on you in exchange... approximately three marks and they own you. After dealing with Al for several years, she ended up being condemned by the other elves when they saw her demon mark. On her right wrist is a circle with three lines through it, each line symbolizing a deal. It was at this point that Al was able to take Trixsy into the ever after.
Tidbits: Why the horns if she's an elf, you ask? Al magicked them there, because he felt like it, and Trixsy's never felt the need to be rid of them. Think of it as another symbol of ownership. She still has the circle with the three lines on her right wrist, but only one person has included it. It's easy enough to not add the mark unless it's a focus of the commission. She usually has several piercings in her ears (no more than three per ear, though). Oh yes, and she and Al very much enjoy tea and coffee 8D!

Outfit #1 Usual Outfits
User Image
This is what Trix and Al's everyday garb when they're off in the demon world, doing their thing. Their personalities will vary depending on the scenerio they're drawn in, but Al is usually cocky, sarcastic, sadistic and Trix can be anything from passive and subservient to playful and happy.
Al's Musts: Gloves, tinted glasses, elven ears, the "frock and coat" combo must be green smile
Trix's Musts: Horns, some form of necklace/bracelets/earrings - you can follow the way they're shown in the example arts or you can make up your own - elven ears, *you don't need to manipulate the pose or go out of your way to add the demon mark on Trix's wrist if you don't think it would be showing smile

Pose ideas...
-Al with Trix pressed against the wall, either in a seduction attempt or to be imposing.
-Some form of affection, posessive kissing is much liked, or cuddling.
-Back to back in a typical "we're the bad guys" pose XD
-Sharing tea, Trix usually serves.
-Playful banter, teasing one another.
-A genuine argument, Al grabbing Trix's wrist to show the demon mark, glaring at one another.
-Casting magic together. (I enjoy shiny >_> )
-Any other ideas are welcomed. I'm usually happy as long as you incorporate some of my ideas into your art. Art is usually better when the artist interprets as they want to.
~Examples~
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Outfit #2 Casual Clothing
-No tektek provided since I want people to make up their own outfits <3 -
-If you can't think up an outfit, follow those featured in examples #1, 2 or 4-
Recently I've been wanting art of these two if they had changed their clothing to go out in public. Obviously they would still stick out, but at least they wouldn't be wandering in a ball gown and velvet XD Really the only basics are that Trix would likely be wearing a dress or a skirt/top combo and Al's outfit can really be anything as long as (if colored art) green is incorporated into the color scheme, but feel free to be as creative as you want. Pretty please don't make the outfits super generic. You can play with their hair style's for this one too.
There are some different outfits in the examples now, so you can use those as a basis and do your own thing.
Al's Musts: Tinted glasses, elven ears.
Trix's Musts: Horns, earrings, necklace, most likely would be wearing a skirt or dress, elven ears, *you don't need to manipulate the pose or go out of your way to add the demon mark on Trix's wrist if you don't think it would be showing smile

Pose ideas...
-Out buying/sharing one of those huge, froofy coffee drinks you can get at most coffee shops. Either they could be sharing one with two straws in it, or maybe Trix or Al could be trying to steal the drink from the other.
-Shopping at an occult store, holding up weird ingredients for one another XD
-At a carnival together.
-Cliche ferris wheel kissing scene. <3
-Al cornering Trix in an abandoned alley for some kiss n'grope. XDD
~Examples~

Outfit #3 First Meeting
User Image
Here we have Al and Trix as they'd appear for their first meeting. We'll keep Al the same, but Trix would be in her "pre-horn" form. I like the idea of her being very elegant and magic-prone. After all, magic was how she got in her demon-servitude mess. Trix would be much more arrogant and sassy in this pairing since she came from elven nobility while Al would be trying harder to be charming, or his "evil" would be much more intense.
Al's Musts: Gloves, tinted glasses, elven ears, the "frock and coat" combo must be green smile
Trix's Musts: Elven ears, red pendant, white gloves, black shawl thing, some sort of elegant white dress.

Pose ideas...
-Al popping in on Trix and surprising her.
-Al capturing Trix/making the demon mark on her wrist.
-Al teaching Trix magic, basically something with some shiny magical effect!
-Think vampire embrace... Al having Trix in a dip, leering at her as she's trying to look tough.
-Trix and Al arguing, sporting their haughty expressions XD
-The two fighting one another (with magic). Trix wouldn't really stand a chance, so she would likely be furious while Al would just be cocky.
~Examples~

Art Gallery

Man-Hungry Gawker

11,200 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hunter 50
User Image

Originally the highland sheep girl was by herself, but gradually some items came out where I came up with a friend for her... a pseudo-desert owl girl. Initially I hadn't thought of them sharing any sort of art-time together, but as ideas tend to, one popped into my mind. The sheep girl tends to fight with absurdly large weaponry, and things like that can't be especially common, so why not have a merchant that travels along with her? Convenient transportation + easy weapon fixes and upgrades + obnoxious friend = FUN TIMES.
I'm still looking for singular art for them, but I'd like to gradually get art of them together. Keep in mind this is not a yuri couple, they're friends. ^_^

Highland Sheep Hybrid
User ImageUser Image
Race: (Cursed) Human
Hair: Shaggy and dark brown, about chin length. Her bangs cause shadows over her eyes.
Eyes: Light violet.
Body type: About medium height and muscular. She's pretty flat chested and a bit masculine looking, so she's often mistaken to be a boy.
Distinguishing Features AKA Must Haves: Little sheep ears usually have gold hoops in them. Her horns are occasionally stained with blood since she'll utilize them in battle. When drawing her battle clothing, follow the 1st tektek. If drawing her casual form (2nd tektek) then make sure to show the scars on her upper arms. She has an assortment of battle scars, feel free to make them up. Also in the casual dress she wears small sunglasses (eyes are still visible since she let's them slide down her nose a bit), and is usually smoking. If ever drawn with her gloves off, she keeps her wrists bandaged. She also has a small tail, but she keeps it hidden.
Personality: In general she's fairy gruff and antagonistic. She hardly ever shows her soft or feminine side. Now that she's no longer human, she has a feral side that manifests in battle, giving her a bloodthirsty and cruel nature. When fighting she loves to inflict pain and pays to heed to her own injuries.
About: A fierce warrior, she was sent to kill a magician that had been killing people that wandered into the forest where he lived. She went out to dispatch him, but unfortunately was caught in a trap. The magic used by the magician changed her from human to a hybrid of sorts, although the only real changes had to do with her now animal ears, horns, and a tail. The main point of the spell was to wipe her memory. Now, considered more than a little strange, she wanders with a stray dog, bringing in bounties to make money. She has a weakness for cute things (like her puppy) but struggles not to show it, usually resulting in her blushing and holding in her squeal.

Pose Ideas...
-Injured and battle-worn (blood is a plus!) but grinning wickedly, clearly enjoying it. (tektek #1)
-Post battle, bandaging wounds or slumped over from injuries. (tektek #1)
-Holding a notice for a bounty and looking either bored or smirking, as if in anticipation. (tektek #1 or 2)
-Looking at her puppy companion and trying to keep her "OMFGIT'SSOCUTE" reaction under control. Probably blushing. (tektek #1 or 2)
-Relaxing, leaning back, puppy in her lap with a small smile. (tektek #2)
-Pissed off at being mistaken for a guy. Pointing at her bewbs with a snarky look on her face. (tektek #2)
~Examples~

Elf Owl Hybrid
User ImageUser Image
*First tektek is her summer attire, second is for the winter
Race: (Cursed) Human
Hair: Long, wavy black hair with brown tips. She wears it in a pony tail, but it usually looks wispy (like in the avatar example), in the summers she wears a yellow flower band in her hair, in the winter it's a red hair band.
Eyes: Gold, she often compliments them with black eye shadow.
Body type: On the shorter side, but curvy and on the busty side, though it's not usually obvious with her clothes.
Distinguishing Features AKA Must Haves: She has little wings on her head and tail feathers, both match her hair coloring. One of her eyes is blind from an injury so she wears a patch to cover the scarring. She's very tan and doesn't wear a great deal of clothing in the summer, but in the winter she gets easily cold and will bundle up as much as she can. Regarding her summer clothing specifically, the shawl/top she wears ends just above her belly button and a dark colored bustier is worn beneath that. She wears a lot of bandaging on her arms and legs, her feet are covered with the bandages in place of shoes. Short black shorts are usually covered up by the belts she wears, so it can give the impression of having no pants on at all. She has black tattoos all along her right leg, but only on the top of the left (see tektek). She usually wears a yellow flower in her hair and is only armed with a sword when she's traveling to her next sales venue. Regarding her winter attire, she still wears the same eye patch but she doesn't have any skin showing. She wears a thick duster that goes down just above her knees along with black gloves and black pants that tuck into heavy duty brown boots. In addition she wears a ratty red cape that she'll sometimes wrap around herself while she sleeps.
Personality: She's really very sweet and almost air-headed. She can often be a klutz and tends to get over excited very easily. It takes her a lot to lose her temper since she's the type of person that just likes to observe. She genuinely enjoys just sitting and relaxing in high places.
About: Never much of a successful merchant, it just so happened that she got very ill and couldn't afford the proper care of a healer. After ending up in an inn, and passing out, a healer in training was brought to her side. He only knew of one healing method, since he hadn't progressed far in his training. It consisted of exchanging the health of one creature for the illness of another. The inn keeper kept birds, one of which being an elf owl, and so they decided to use that for the exchange. Unfortunately, the bumbling healer made a great mess of things and rather than simply exchanging the health of the owl, he also exchanged some of the physical traits of the owl. Healed, but furious, she left the inn to resume her traveling merchant business, as well as to search for a way to return back to normal. Over time she's found she really doesn't mind her situation all that much. Humans that end up with a part-animal curse tend to be stronger, and so she's been able to produce her own weaponry much faster than she used to. Sometimes she goes a bit overboard on the size of some weapons and has to lug them around for weeks before finding a buyer.

Pose Ideas...
-Perched somewhere high holding a large mug of coffee (mug could have a picture of a cute little owl on it).
-Sitting in a field of flowers looking content or doing that "he loves me, loves me not" thing with flower petals.
-Trying to sell the large sword, maybe have it propped up with a big clearance tag hanging from it and her looking super hopeful mid-sales pitch... or rejected and moping post sales pitch.
-Hugging a pile of money (gold coins in a bag).
-Tripping and falling over.
-Looking up at the sky all wistful like, wishing she could really fly.
~Examples~

Friendship between an owl and the sheep
User Image

About: These two met when the owl was traveling, attempting to sell some of her weapons. The sheep came and purchased one of the larger swords that had been marked down considerably. After asking for a ride, the two have established a relationship of sorts. The owl can use the sheep for sales demonstrations in exchange for rides and discretion regarding mercenary jobs. The sheep is also under the impression that they'll both search for a way to get back to normal together, whereas the owl hasn't even considered that. They're friends, but the owl tends to drive the sheep crazy at times with her cheerfulness while the owl has made it a small mission to get the sheep to loosen up. They make for a fun pair.
*Height wise, the owl comes just to the sheep's shoulder.

Pose ideas...
*Will specify or agree on if the owl will be wearing summer or winter attire and if the sheep will be in casual or warrior dress.
-Sitting at a bar together drinking.
-Owl laughing while the sheep sports a "wtf" expression.
-Owl hugging the sheep, either with a silly or lewd expression, having just made some nature of joke and the sheep is trying not to show her smile.
-The two drunk and laughing together.
-Sheep is injured and the owl could be bandaging her up, looking worried.
-Sheep protecting the owl from bandits.
-The two just relaxing together, sitting amongst flowers or sharing coffee.
-Both of them fawning over the sheep's puppy... owl would be super obvious about it but the sheep would still be trying to act like she's not affected by cute things. XD
User Image

Other Avatars | Art Gallery

Man-Hungry Gawker

11,200 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hunter 50
User Image

This post showcases featured avatars #1-3. Avatars that I become fond of usually get treated as pseudo OCs by me. Sometimes it's a piece of art I get that inspires the character, or it could be an avatar inspired by an idea spinning in my head (they're pretty constant).

#1 Trixsy Vocaloid
User ImageUser Image
Race: Vocaloid (Android).
Hair: Dark pink, her hair is long but you can style it however you want.
Eyes: Her left eye is a dark red-pink, the right eye is usually covered with a heart shaped eye patch, but if ever visible, she can't see out of it and it's a dull pink, the pupil would be really light too, just to show the definite contrast between the two eyes. When she sleeps, or if her system crashes (often) then light pink colored binary code would be visible in her eye(s).
Body type: Long legs, nice curves... she's man made, of course she's going to be someone's version of a perfect body type.
Distinguishing Features AKA Must Haves: She has elven ears, but they're rarely visible considering her headset/phones. Crescent moon hair pin is usually worn and unless you're doing art of her showing the difference in her eyes, she has the heart shaped eye patch on. Bar code on her upper arm - I really want the bar code to always be showing. Wings at her feet (they can look like they're part of the design in her boots). As for her outfit, as long as you keep the Vocaloid spirit and color scheme.
Personality: Very happy and energetic when performing, usually a rocker, but she can be really forgetful. Sometimes this can be endearing, but not always. Since her accident when her eye was damaged, something in her wiring was knocked out of whack and sometimes her system will crash and her memory will wipe, either for a few hours or even a few days. She knows she loses chunks of time, so that makes her a bit sad, but determined to go make more memories. She'll retain bits and pieces now and then.
About: She's an older model, which is why she hasn't been repaired. Her system is prone to crashing, and on one unfortunate occasion she fell from a roof. The surface injuries and broken metalwork were fixed, but her right eye was injured badly enough where she can't see out of it anymore, and they no longer make the replacement optical part for her. Her instrument of choice is the keytar and one of her most prized possessions is her giraffe plushie. Even though she's slightly defective, she always keeps a smile on her face and works hard to make music for others.

Pose ideas...
-System error/crash with binary code in her eye (think dark red/pink eye with light pink numbers) or sleeping (same eye description), either slumped over or cuddling her giraffe.
-Posing with her giraffe plushie.
-Playing her keytar, singing, dancing, etc.
-Rock star pose!
-Injured vocaloid: rather than an eye patch she could be covering her eye with blood dripping/visible... cuts and such over arms, legs, with ripped and battered clothing.
-Having lost some memory, she could be looking confused or sad.
~Examples~

#2 Elven Scholar
User Image
Race: Elf
Hair: Can be light or dark pink. Should be near waist length.
Eyes: Gold.
Body type: Seemingly frail, she's willowy. Were it not for her height she'd have almost a childlike frame, since she isn't very curvy.
Distinguishing Features AKA Must Haves: Long elven ears with multiple piercings (you can make up how many and what style), small spectacles, stacks of books are always around her. She has two pet/familiars, a baby dragon and a brightly colored exotic bird (see tektek and art samples). I'd like if at least one of the familiars was included in the art.
Personality: Peaceful, pacifist, generally content. She can be rather anti-social and obsessive when it comes to something new.
About: Growing up she always found the most peace when surrounded by books... if she couldn't read the language the book was written in she was determined to learn it. Keeping herself shut in with her dusty old manuscripts and distanced herself from others until the only ones that came around were just making sure she was still alive, since she tends to stop taking care of herself when she gets involved in a project. The pets she took in started out originally as an observation project, but over time she's grown very fond of them. She has a weakness for sweets, but unfortunately she considers it nourishment! Her theory is "If it tastes good, it must be good for me". Logic is lost when it comes to that.

Pose Ideas...
-The basic with the avi sitting with the pets gathered around. The more stacks of books she's surrounded by, the better! Please try to include at least one of the pets.
-Avi (with or without) the pets having fallen asleep, either sprawled out on the floor or slumped over a desk. Likely fell asleep mid-reading, so have a book open somewhere, either on her or nearby.
-Organizing her books (creatures could be watching).
-Taking a break to enjoy some snacks, either alone or with the pets.
-Getting frustrated over a translation, could be a quizzical or irritated look on her face, maybe include a speech bubble with some weird symbol languge in it!
~Examples~

Others...

I have two others I'm gradually accumulating art of, but they don't have any sort of stories or backgrounds yet. If you'd like to draw them, we can talk about potential poses, but they don't have any additional details to their outfits.

First is my phoenix girl...
User Image
[X][X]
And second is the naughty librarian wink ...
User Image
[X]
Other Avatars | Art Gallery

Man-Hungry Gawker

11,200 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hunter 50
User Image

Featured Art by iAlacrity
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Current Commission List
*If it's been awhile since I've seen any progress/heard from you, I'll usually send a PM for a status check. If I don't get a response within a week from you having opened the PM, or it's still been unopened, I will cancel the trade and take you off the list. Note: You do NOT have to have the art completed when I PM you. Normally I'm just checking up to make sure everything's going well, see if there's any status on the art.

Man-Hungry Gawker

11,200 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hunter 50

User Image

Currently Closed

Welcome to the contests section of my request thread! The idea I had behind this section was, every now and then, to host a small art contest - nothing like those giant threads with millions in prizes, but just something small and fun. The requests will vary between couple art and avatar art and will usually be some cracked out idea that I decided I'd love to get art of, but wouldn't put into a permanent request. When contests happen will be random as well. Depending on my funds I could do one every few months, so subscribe, since I'll always put contest in the thread title if one's happening 8D

=Status=
I've decided to simply give everyone a participation prize. When I had started the contest the hope had been for the eight entries from those that agreed to participate. Unfortunately, things happen and I've received four. I love all four of them but I don't feel it's a sufficient number to judge. Originally I had four MC letters for winners to choose from, so I'll be giving everyone 30k and have each person decide what letter they want and to put the letters in order, 1-4, of preference. I'll be distributing the letters simply by giving first choice to the first person to submit their entry... fourth entry will get the last letter.

Thank you to cash, zanneh, krystall, and inamax for participating and submitting some wonderful vocaloid styled artwork! heart

=Submissions=
Cash
Zanneh
Krystall Meth
Inamax

=Submission Ranking (since Zanneh suggested it X3)=
1. I'd have to say Cash due to the adorable pose and the fact that they look the most like vocaloids. The outfits are adorable... gaia needs more vocaloid items!
Prize: 30k + Feb 09 letter
2. Zanneh, for sure! I love the paper children, as always, and the outfits are very unique... I'd definitely like to see Al in more clothing like that. Zanny needs to be my character clothing designer <3
Prize: 30k + April 09 letter
3. Krystall Meth! Due to utilizing the songs Cantarella and Alice of Human Sacrifice to come up with a unique idea. Those are two of my favorite vocaloid videos/songs and the artwork really reflects the macabre tone of the songs, specifically the human sacrifice song. In addition, she included all the necessary details for Al and Trix that keeps them looking like themselves.
Prize: 30k + July 08 letter
4. Inamax. I like the pose and the outfits, but I was a bit sad that the eyes were that plain grey-blue rather than the red and gold that the characters actually have.
Prize: 30k + June 08 letter

Man-Hungry Gawker

11,200 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hunter 50

LOLWHUT Art trades... and commissions?!

So, I've been having fun doodling and coloring lately and figured I could slap up an art trade section, if anyone is interested. It's a good way to practice ^__^ So, just post IN BIG BRIGHT RED TEXT (XD) the following...

[color=red][size=18][b]OMG LET'S TRADE/I WANT YOUR CRAPPY ART <3[/size][/b]
Name: (Durr)
Request: (What you want me to draw. Please include samples AND text. I like to get a feel for the characters I'm drawing... or a specific emotion you want.)
FOR MEEE?!: (What will you be drawing in return.)
Samples: (I'd like to see your art, please!)
Other: (Anything else you want me to know.)[/color]

I'm not super picky, but if I don't think I'll draw your avis/OCs well, I'll decline. All of my art will be colored and usually I do bust ups... my style varies a bit and a lot of times I'm just experimenting. :3
Here's some examples from me!
Uno
Dos
Tres
Quatro

If for some reason you want to buy my art (o.o), I'll take requests based on the request and the offer. I've gotten recommendations that I could sell it from 2k-50k.... o.o but I think I'll make the minimum at least 5k. Everything will be colored and likely experimental, since I never really know what style I'll draw in until I start XD Remember, your gold will go to a good cause. The get Trixsy more art fund!

[color=red]Name: (Obvious.)
Request: (What do you want drawn? Tektek or examples please.)
Payment: (I take items, gold, whatever. Check my wishlist or just offer me what you think your request would be worth.)
Other: (Anything else you think I need to know.)[/color]

Current Art Trades:

Current Orders:

Past Stuff... Click below to see what I've drawn for others ^_^
Art trade with KeiFujimi

Man-Hungry Gawker

11,200 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hunter 50

User Image

The series by Kim Harrison is by far one of my favorites. Every year when the new book is released, hard cover prices or not I must have! I'm going to be rereading these books and posting some of my favorite quotes. It's an excuse to reread the books and also to share some of the great one liners. This section will be very slow since I multi task and usually read several books at a time, so I'll update this when I remember.

Book #1 - Dead Witch Walking
***currently re-reading and compiling quotes 8D

Book #2 - The Good, The Bad, And The Undead
N/A

Book #3 - Every Which Way But Dead
N/A

Book #4 - A Fistful of Charms
N/A

Book #5 - For A Few Demons More
N/A

Book #6 - The Outlaw Demon Wails
N/A

Book #7 - White Witch, Black Curse
N/A

Man-Hungry Gawker

11,200 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hunter 50
User Image

Links out...

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image User Image
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image User ImageUser ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image
User Image

Link me...
*If you would like to exchange links you can post in the thread or PM me :3
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-shops-and-requests/shot-of-raspberry-contest-click-for-prizes/t.49211831/][IMG]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c202/dawnshifter/Commishies/request/minibanner.gif[/IMG][/url]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff