¤ Q & A ¤
question/answer time
¤ Affiliates ¤
links in & out
¤ Sketchblog ¤
the amazing glitter-coated art zombie... LIVE

* * * NOTICE * * *
10/17/2013
I am going to be closing my art shop/freebie thread, and slowly dismantling things as I have the time. It has just become too costly time-wise for me to continue a shop with any consistency and I am not able to get around to the freebies as often as I would like.

I WILL still be holding art auctions now and then, but it is not likely that there will be more than a couple per year, as it takes me anywhere from 26 to 40+ hours to complete a piece of digital artwork.

For those who don't like dealing in gaia gold/items or stalking auctions that rarely come available I do also take RL commissions via my somewhat neglected DA gallery. about once a year.

User Image

| Announcements/Slots | Rules | Gallery | Requests Form | Q & A | Affiliates | Sketchblog |

Backwoods Phantom

User Image

this is REQUIRED reading whether you intend to simply post here or purchase artwork.
please read them carefully - I am not responsible for your lack of attention.

| Follow the Gaia TOS | ALWAYS.
| Rudeness/Spamming/Page stretching/etc will be reported & deleted. |
| Art theft is ILLEGAL & you WILL be fed to angry raptors.|
| be nice and no drama PLEASE. |

User ImageUser Image

¤ Things you need to know ¤
* bribes/payment accepted in items or gold negotiated beforehand *

* please check my notes to see how available I am for taking requests before you get impatient. I will try to keep this fairly updated, but my life gets really busy.*

* please use the provided request form and make your request in the thread
If you have questions you are welcome to PM me, but please keep the requests to the thread. PM-spamming me your artistic-wishlist won't win you any points.

* wait patiently to see if your request has been accepted *
my family/RL art/life in general takes precedence. I WILL quote your post if I choose to take your request and scribble you.

* NOTE: Not all requests will/can be drawn. I will base my choice off of what inspires me. No, I don't play favorites but chatting here often can improve your chances of getting art simply because some looks can grow on me. *

¤ I draw ¤
traditional pencil sketches | ink | watercolor | digital works | colored pencil
in styles of nouveau | chibi | fantasy
OC characters | avatars | males | females | pseudo-anthro | things with horns | pointed ears | wings | tails, etc.
gothic & tasteful bloodiness | death-by-cuteness | lace/frills/victorian styles | steampunk

¤ I will not draw ¤
anything *I* rate over pg-13
clutter | cigarettes/cigars | full-anthro | grotesque | cyborgs | machines | aliens
| the exact image in your head, since I am not you |
things that do not inspire me | things that do not stir my inner muse

User Image

¤ Terms of Use ¤
For Commissions: You have my permission to use your commissioned image as you choose, provided it is not reproduced, altered, sold, or claimed as your own work. (Example of approved usage: in Gaia Profiles, as headers for your threads, signatures, bump images, etc. Alteration of SIZE or addition of TEXT is allowed provided it does not conflict with the above rules.) Banners/images from my threads MAY NOT BE USED ANYWHERE else for any reason. If you use/display my art please give credit back to me <3

Following these rules is both polite & common sense & will always be greatly appreciated.
Rule breakers will not pass Go. They will NOT collect $200 or receive any art.
They WILL however, be hexed into oblivion, diced into chunks, tossed with a nice vinaigrette & fed to the Gaia moderators.

| Announcements/Slots | Rules | Gallery | Ordering | Q & A | Affiliates | Sketchblog |

Backwoods Phantom

User Image

samples of my artwork and all graphics in this thread are copyright to myself. If you would like more information about an image or style, please feel free to contact me directly via PM. More samples may also be found in my DA Gallery

User Image

Pencil art/Digital work
may be done either in pencil or digital with digital coloring at my discretion

*recent art*
Nothing to speak of lately...

*older work*
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
User Image

Headshots/Box Art
all digital, full color

samples coming soon

Chibi (chibi and/or illustration style sketches)
full body, pencil work + digital color

User Image

| Announcements/Slots | Rules | Gallery | Ordering | Q & A | Affiliates | Sketchblog |

Backwoods Phantom

User Image

Please read all of the shop rules before placing your request.
If I choose to draw your request I will quote your post with the finished art. What you get will depend on how much time I have to work on it, how inspired I am, and what sort of mood my muses are in. You *CAN* request a specific style if you like and I will consider your art when I thinking in those styles.

The Muses' Easy Guide to Ordering

¤ Step 1. | Read all of the rules.

¤ Step 2. | Copy & paste the request form code into a post & fill in the appropriate information.

¤ Step 3. | Be patient & wait. If I like your request and happen to have a lot of free time on hand you may get art quickly - but I have a life to attend to so patience is required on your part.

¤ Step 4. | Feel free to chat in the thread while you wait, or check back now and then to see if I am online or streaming. (Joining a stream can also be a good way to get your request noticed - and you can chat with me directly while I work. <3 )

¤ Step 5. | Be patient some more. Art will be done when it is done, depending on the style/complexity of the style I choose. I will quote you with the finished work if I take your request, and will sometimes let you know if I have decided to stream the process, so check back now and then! A response is always appreciated once you pick up your art, so I at least know you didn't miss it. <3

The following order form has been provided for your convenience. Please ONLY POST REQUESTS IN THE THREAD. If you spam me with PM's for art I may be forced to add you to my ignore list. ;>.> I don't like doing that. Feel free to PM me with questions however, I really don't mind.

[quote="Sundri"][align=right][b][color=red]art request[/color][/b][/align][/quote][imgleft]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/khephrii/Phoenix Inc/2012/26_b.jpg[/imgleft][align=right]
[b]Name:[/b] **********
[b]Style Preferred:[/b] **********
[b]Reference Images:[/b] ***if any ***
[b]Detailed Description of request:[/b] *************

[/align]

User Image

By requesting art from this artist you acknowledge that you have read all the rules and agree to follow them. We are not responsible for your lack of attention to detail.

Backwoods Phantom

Sundri's Q & A Time
* If you have a question that is not answered here feel free to PM me. I may add it to the list if it's a good one. *

¤ Q: Why do I have to use your request form, why can't I just post "I want art" in your thread?

¤ A: Because I don't want to MISS seeing your post. When iI check in & backread the thread I often have to skim through the pages quickly, and the included image in the request form helps me to spot the important posts.

¤ Q: Why aren't you in your thread more often/why don't you stream more often?

¤ A: Simply put - because I have a life. Also, Livestream tends to mess with my tablet and slow down my computer greatly, so I have to be in a patient mood in order to be willing to stream. If you happen to know of any other streaming programs that don't have similar issues PLEASE send me a note... <3

¤ Q: Why does art take so long to get/why won't you draw exactly what I ask for?¤

¤ A: This is pretty much the answer to both/all questions related to why artists won't always give you what you want. If you order art from me I assume it is MY art you are wanting. In order to give it to you I have to have artistic license to be myself. Creativity is restricted by things like time constraints, limitations (such as too-far-defined poses), and pressure. So if you want the best art you can get you have to realize that the artist is an artist and not an art machine. Some days I am not inspired, or tired, or in the mood for a different style than a piece I've already started working on. When this happens I can either 1.) push myself to work on something I'm not inspired by at the time and thus end up with less-than-my-best on the finished work... or 2.) Take a break, work on something else, or have some tea and eventually produce something even better than I had hoped for.

In my book the choice is a fairly simple one. I'd rather give you my best, not my stressed.

¤ Q: Why are there so few MALE figures in your samples?

¤ A: Because I don't actually get requests for male characters that often... probably due to the fact that I have so few male samples in my shop. >.<;

Also, I find female figures much more suited to the art nouveau style that is my favorite to work in, so I draw mostly female art.

¤ Q: Why aren't you taking commissions right now?/Why don't you draw more requests?¤

¤ A: I am a freelance professional artist - I actually have my own imagination/creations that I really need to work on in order to eventually make something of myself. I also have a family, two roommates with schedules to chauffeur around, laundry that needs cleaning, and a house to take care of. My free time is not really ever truly 'free'. When I take commissions it often lays down the pressure that makes me feel guilty if I work on anything else and that can slow me down terribly, and sometimes just the stress of that pressure is enough to create an art block episode. Also, I want to learn to expand my skills and when I'm trapped under a specific commission I don't always have the freedom to change my style right in the middle of the thing without having to start over from scratch.

¤ Q: Why do you charge so much for your bribe slots?¤

¤ A: Let me lay this out in a way most working adults can understand. My time = money.

Breaking this down - Most full colored pieces of art can take me anywhere from 8 to 30 hours to finish. If I was earning minimum wage (here in the USA that is federally $7.25 an hour) that would make most commissions worth anywhere from $50 to $200. (In Gaia gold $10 averages worth at about 1,000,000 gold.) Now consider that to have skill in the field of art is a lot less common than being your average fast-food worker... and take into consideration that the work I create is unique and custom, and I am not an amateur in the art field.

So in reality, I charge minimum wage for the professional work I do - and sometimes less when I put in a lot of hours on your art. And I give away art for free often. ;>.> If you feel the art isn't worth the price, go find someone willing to give you something cheaper, or wait for a chance at a freebie. Please don't demean my skills by suggesting that I charge too much.

User Image

¤ Freebies ¤
These bumps/icons/scribblets are free for you to use where you choose in and around Gaia.
Please credit back to me if you do use them - it's simply polite & greatly appreciated.

User Image User Image User Image User Image
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image
User Image User Image

User Image

Backwoods Phantom

User Image

If you would like to swap links, please add one of our banners to your thread & post the code for your own link in this thread OR for more efficient service you may PM you link code to me. *gaia online thread-links only please.*

Also - I seriously prefer 200x40 links out as they are much easier for people to view without confusion & they make a lovely patchwork.

*Links In*

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.32989031_1][IMG]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/khephrii/b2.jpg[/IMG][/url]

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.32989031_1][IMG]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/khephrii/b1.jpg[/IMG][/url]

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.32989031_1][IMG]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/khephrii/b3.jpg[/IMG][/url]

*Links out

User Image
User Image
User ImageUser Image

Shapeshifters Art Shop!

User Image

User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
User Image User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image User Image

User Image

User Image

Backwoods Phantom

User Image
Sundri's Sketchblog livestreams art sessions on and off for those who would like to watch.
I will usually announce in the thread when I am livestreaming and sessions usually last anywhere from 1 - 3 hours.

User Image

broadcast times: They happen at random when have time & my livestream is cooperating. And though I will try and remember to announce in the thread when I am streaming, I also record sessions that can be viewed even when I'm offline.

User ImageUser Image

Backwoods Phantom

Backwoods Phantom

I love your siggy's chibi ^.^ heart

In a relationship with A Fictional Character

Magical Librarian

<33333 ^_^

Backwoods Phantom

Backwoods Phantom

Friendly Lunatic

3nodding It looks nice!

In a relationship with A Fictional Character

Magical Librarian

Sundri
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

heart hey Drako! 3nodding what do you think?
i think it looks good ^_~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces