Welcome to Gaia! ::

Elder

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I will try to make this as short as possible.
I've been writing a Web serial story for a few months now. I'm still going strong. It has an accompanying Encyclopedia that explains a bunch of different things, especially characters.

What I would like, are artists who can draw from vague descriptions either people, items, or concepts. I know the descriptions are vague- feel free to be creative with most of the characters. Honestly, I really don't care, I just want some pictures there. xd

You don't have to be interested in the story to draw for it, but it would of course helped if you have read it.
You can draw any character in the story, regardless if he/she has an encyclopedia entry or not. You can also draw any items or places you want (I do have a fondness for landscape art~). Again, they don't need encyclopedia entries to be drawn... Assuming you read the story at all.
You can also draw scenes from the story even, if you feel like it (Actually that would be pretty awesome).

You can also draw concepts, if you feel like it. Take something like a Resonant Soul and personify it to your liking.

Just because you draw something for me, though, doesn't guarantee it'll show up in the encyclopedia. If it does, I'll link to your art gallery/site/whatever upon request. Although I do own the domain and such, I make no money at all from the site, so please don't factor that into your price. ._.;

WHAT I WILL PAY YOU

I do not have a good amount of gold right now, but if you absolutely must have pure gold I can probably get it if you give me some time.

I would much rather buy cashshop items for you. I can give you any cashshop item(s) that is currently in the cash shop- I may not be able to give you a first gen of an EI or something if it's already out.

I can also give you United States Dollars via Paypal. If you do not use PayPal, I will not pay you USD. Period. PM me for more info on paypal payment.

HOW TO GET DRAWING

Post samples of what you are interested in drawing here or in PM (preferably in the thread). What does this mean? If you want to draw a person, show me samples of people you've drawn. If you want to draw a location, show me examples of other landscapes you've drawn.

Don't give me samples of something that do not relate to what you are interested in drawing.

"But I'm giving you samples so YOU can decide what you want ME to draw!"
No, I want your heart in it. I don't want to make you draw something you don't want to draw.
Just pick whatever you're interested in and give me samples and if I like the samples I'll pay you for whatever it is you'd like to draw.

I may ask you to do something else but you have every right to refuse. =)

Also, do not forget to tell me how much a piece of art may cost me. I will not price your art.
I WILL NOT PRICE YOUR ART. And I say again, I WILL NOT PRICE YOUR ART.
A price range is acceptable if you don't have a specific amount in mind, but don't say "I don't know", because I cannot price your art.

Do not link me to art shops/threads or art auctions. Do not offer me art if you cannot finish my art in 45 days or less (30 days or less for USD).

I accept most any art. It doesn't have to be digital, colored, anime-style, whatever.
The only thing I will not accept is chibis and doll edits (unless the base for the doll is also made by you).

If I do not like your samples, that's okay. Please do not be offended. I'm sure there are people who love your art- and I might love your art too- but it might not flow with the story's theme. Please be understanding. ^_^

ABOUT THE STORY

Constant Chaotic 2: Rewrite (CC2 for short) is a rewrite of a fanfic of a fanfic about Gaia, basically. Read more about it here. Chapter archive is here.
It is a fantasy/scifi drama story updated every monday at 12PM eastern standard time.
Quote:
In the world of Gaia, people have Resonance Souls. These souls grant them special powers. But some of these powers are feared. The ones of most relevance are The Prophecies, which consist of The Phoenix and The Soul Stealer.
These Resonants are so strong that factions exist to try to stop them from destroying the world.

In a world that believes in prophecy, do you think you can change it?
The League has sent a Monte Criston to destroy The Phoenix, whose current reincarnation is in the country of Dexterity.
It’s a small girl.
And she’s your best friend.

It's an interesting story-- certainly not the most well-written thing ever, but it's my little hobby for now and I write it in my spare time.

Random fact: the story's theme song, if it had one, would be Muse's "Sunburn".

Questions, comments, critiques, etc., please post here or PM me - I'll get to them soon as possible. =)

Elder

Q&A

NOTE: I am no longer getting commissions of Tali Heartlie. Please do not ask to draw her. Would still like pics of The Phoenix Soul, though.

How do you want me to draw this?
Look at the encyclopedia entry and/or story and use your best judgment. If it's something specific like "What color are their eyes" I can help you out, but otherwise it's basically your design. As long as the art is good, I'll pay you, even if it's nothing like I originally envisioned. (Un)fortunately, this request is as much a normal commission as it is character design, in some respects...

What if who/what I want to draw already has a picture? Can I still draw it?
Depends.
If it has "Placeholder image" under the actual image, then yes, definitely. If it does not say "placeholder image" underneath it, that means I already have actual commissioned art. I may want more, I may not. It depends on my mood and your style, but feel free to ask. =3

What are these "placeholder images"?
Images ripped from the internet that sort of match how I pictured the characters look.
xD

Can I draw XYZ?
Most likely. I am basically paying you for fanart. If you like the story, go for whatever.

Here's some art! Really like your story! Can you pay me now?
Uhhh... Thank you very much for the fanart. But you should ask first if you want to be paid. I have a budget I need to keep.

I like everything! You tell me what I should draw!
Uh... uh.... Scenes from the story??
Really, it's best for you to decide. I'm horrible with decisions. Draw your favorite character or something....
... Though I guess I wouldn't mind some nifty illustration concepts for The Soul Stealer and The Phoenix Soul.

And Sim and Kingsley. And some other stuff... and.
SEE WHAT I MEAN?! gonk

I saw you linked my image in your encyclopedia entry... But it doesn't say anything about me drawing it. What's up?
If you want credit and/or a link to your gallery, you need to tell me when you send me the finished image. I won't do it otherwise. It takes effort to link it someplace else and you will find I am a lazy, lazy person. xd

Elder

TRANSACTIONS

Date commissioned. Artist/What they're drawing/art

9/20/09. Lance_Nova/Tali Heartlie/ X
9/21/09. princessmizuki27/Tali Heartlie/ X
9/21/09. A.D. 1942/Talvia/ WIP
9/25/09. xanthe07/Edmond Dantes/ WIP
9/25/09. xanthe07/Kingsley/ WIP

TWITTER

Elder

Elder

Elder

Elder

Bump for this being a bit of a small world... : 3

Elder

Oh hey Yuki. =)
Hoe you get your art :3

Precious Sweetheart

It seems like an interesting story. :3

Elder

User Image@Yuki
Me too. =3
Don't you have a request thread, also?

@Vixie
Thank you.
I've spent a lot of time working on it. D;
(I actually like the encyclopedia entries more than the chapters sometimes. Is that wrong of me?)

Elder

[Q]
@Yuki
Me too. =3
Don't you have a request thread, also?
I did, but it was more of just 11 pages of just me posting.

Elder

@Yuki.
Yeah that's generally how most of m request threads turn out too. xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out