Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
it's called the borrower arietty. >U< I dunno if the name is subject to change or not. I know there are some glimpses on youtube. apparently, it's about tiny people who borrow things from humans, and they live beneath the floorboards of this old house.
@ nilla: you can do it, bb. ; u ; we can do a MASS FANGIRLING SESSION SOMEDAY SOON ~ 8D !

@ foolishly: NO MORE HORROR MOVIES I AGREE, LET’S JUST LIVE OFF OF MIYAZAKI MOVIES KEKEKE. (:

agh agh agh yeah the fact he does not explain everything just makes you think and dream and then WRITE FANFICTION FOR IT TOO ; w; AND OMGGGGGGGGGG, YOU KNOW TAT OMG I NEED TO FIND THIS REALLY EPIC IMAGE OF SPIRITED AWAY FANART OMG IT MADE MY INSIDES TWIST LIKE A SAD SICK FANGIRL OMG.
omg gonna watch ponyo and howl english dub lol (BATMAN FTW) after ap testing then. ; u;

snow was telling me about toothless .. he sounds so freaking adorable. ; A; but yeah, i was surprised – then i noticed spirited away had more reviews so .. idk. * u * ;; it is still number one in my heart, man.

@ snow: oh yeahhh ~ o: i wanna see a trailer

Fatcat

4,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
  • Brandisher 100
ah okay then <333

omgsldkfjslkj /runs to youtube to scope out this movie * A *<3

8,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
xD well, for now there's only a tiny teaser for it on youtube.

edit;; if you search it up, put "karigurashi no arrietty" in the search bar. I think you'll get more results with that.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

dragon kisses by wredwrat.deviantart.com →

okay so for the lawls.

baw the falling scene

and the omg i wish this could someday be canon fanart ; u ;

OMG SORRY FRIEND CAME BY

OMGG NEW MOVIE I CANNOT WAIT SOB

OMG THE PICS * A*

omg howl fggg I love you haku but howl you are so bawwwdesu

and I love that scene in spirted away ahhh I have chills just seeing it

and yes see that's one of those plot holes he left open like HAHA WILL THEY MEET AGAIN? /movie ends

mister; BUT I DONT LIKE FANFICTION /sobbb it's NOT CANON /really only reason makes me sad
LOL YES WATCH IT
BATMAN VOICE IS SEXYYY.
omg howl omg * u*

ye-yeah it's a great movie! It's inspiring but it cannot be judged next to miyazaki
haha no D:
I prefer pixar too but I mean this is probably the best dreamworks movie they've made for a longgg time

8,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
heehee, dragons was a sweet movieee.

I really want to get porco rosso and the cat returns on dvd.
@ foolishly: IT'S ALL GEWD. * U * and bawww, hu hu hu .. howl is adorbs. in that pic. yeaaa, his plot holes = MILLIONS OF FANFICS ARE BORN. > n > ;; i like the road to somewhere on fanfiction.net. it's a really good spirited away fanfic, and i think one of her howl fanfics won a prize at a con .. i could be wrong, but it won SOMETHING > : |

LAWLL, well .. the road to somewhere that i mentioned is really well-researched i almost let myself believe it IS canon .. * A * she's like female miyazaki with that imagination of hers.
lol as long as he doesn't growl his words like he did in batman GRRR GRRR

definitely, i say miyazaki is taken out of all categories for comparison. WOULD BE UNFAIR TO THE OTHER MOVIE.

@ snow: T uT ima so tired from fangurling
I like his stories as they are
with the million plot holes
it lets us dream.. but I don't want to really know what everyone else has done.. |D

but wow that is impressive! I don't think I could ever make the ideas liek miyazaki but.. I hope to one day animate like he does fggggggg

I KNOW IM SO TIRED FROM FANGRILING
8 u8 ;; miyazaki gets you really emotionally involved with his creations. so plot holes or not, i still love them. <3 <3 <3

is your future dream career in animation * u * working at studio ghibli omg yes

Timid Dabbler

chloeeh Flakes
eee *u*

Can i order a 500 word story involving my oc Lachlan visiting the zoo. I know it sounds a bit weird but he's a big lover of animals and it's one of his main hobbies.

for..60k? ;;
not sure if this is what you wanted but aaaah brain is so fried. OTL ;;

He peers through the glass and the steady puffs of his breath paint themselves in faint wisps where he leans. Perhaps it is a bit too awkward for a boy his age to be so obviously fascinated, arms folded leisurely on the railing as he watches the penguins toddle around in the makeshift ice land. Lachlan wonders if they know him on sight by now, he comes so often, and likes to imagine they do. He feels at ease here, surrounded by creatures who share the same amorphous hope; a crippling thing that does not know reason or compromise. They are creatures tamed only by routine and time, but at heart there is something that ripples under their skin - under his skin - a reminder of what their blood makes them.

The wilderness of hope is a fierce and quiet thing and he finds it echoed in the soundless pacing of lions, in the inquisitive sway of cobras; he finds it echoing inside himself.

He does not pretend to understand the familiarity he feels for animals or why the mixed hum of their noises and sounds feels more like home than the mundane enclosure he spends too much of his time in. For that matter, he does not know why their mutual tolerance of each other is a form of comfort that sinks into his heart. But it does and they do and so he is here, because there are few other places he'd rather be.

And yet this is the first time he has found the courage to get in the line for feeding goats. The stares that weigh on his shoulders are heavy and he is wretchedly conscious of them. He has been working up to this moment for the past few visits, surreptitiously sneaking glances at the lucky children whose age permitted them the freedom to do what they wished without judgment. He is already on line now though, so backing out with be a terrible waste; his knuckles are a pale, sickly white as he clutches the small bag of grain. The entire experience is surreal and the moment his hands brush affectionately against their eager mouths, he forgets his unease. This is always how it is.

It is with this moment buoying his momentary resolution that he finds himself ending his day in the flight cages - giant, spacious rooms where birds, colorful streaks of ingenuity gifted with their impossible ability to fly alight upon shoulders, hands, heads and any perch they deem worthy of landing. They enter in small, divided groups so he is ultimately alone, surrounded by the meticulous cultivation of fauna. Silence is a companion he is well acquainted with, fractured only by the rustle of leaves in the distance and the shrill, hurtling whistle that bursts through the air. In the transient lull that follows, his ears strains (he strains) to hear the building rustle of wings.

He does not hear it.

Lachlan strains and strains and hears nothing until they descend, a hurricane of shades and colors that brush against his cheek and clutch at his clothes; the wonder and awe lifts him and he finds that he too, has wings.

dictator; ye-yes ; u; I like this miyazaki pact
yay miyazaki fangrils xDDD

yes! Though I'm aiming for pixar actually LOL
my major is animation here so who knows where I'll end up, but I definitely want to work in a big company
seki; THAT IS BEAUTIFUL...

;___;

omgg why. so sad >:
@ foolishly: we da kewl fangurls of fandom > :u

omg dat is coolios ; u;
my dad has a friend who works at disneyland, i think as a typical artist (not sure what proper term is omg fail sorry) .. he always got us in disneyland for free, lol. YOU SHOULD DEF. WORK FOR PIXARRR YEA * u* I BET YOU WILL GET IN <333 and then when the next blockbuster comes out from pixar, i can be like 'oh yah i talked to one of the animators and we fangirled over miyazaki together cause we cool like dat you wish you were me' xD ~

@ nilla: yay nilla writing
/reads

edit - woahh. o: you really conveyed the emotions well here. that's my nilla ! <3 <3 <3 ~ i can get emotionally involved with lachlan here and baw, he's so cute with his love for the zoo.

but nilla you have some typosss in there, rest your brain nao. he is already on (in *) line and .. with be (would * be).
; u;!

y-yeah I really hope so. pixar is really inspiring and so is disney! I wouldn't mind disney too. Haha I"m definitely going to see if either will accept me as intern next year 8 A8

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff