Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Dabbler

ohdear nametwin's piece is going to be
meaningless fluff... OTL

Timid Dabbler

assfruit
o yeah or writing about these charas (primarily ignorance and bliss)

who knew that fluff could be so hard to write when
seki is trying to avoid angst? seki certainly didn`t.
orz ;;

"What are you doing here?"

Bliss is startled and does not particularly care for it - being startled that is. It sort of disrupts his careful equilibrium point, jarring the brittle, fleeting moment of his essence into motion and fracturing the delicate web of his own thoughts. Ignorance has certainly never found any of his hiding places before, so honestly, how is he supposed to be prepared for this? He has found that it is difficult to explain why he curls up in mostly forgotten closets, or why he likes to sequester himself in the corner of the living room where a tiny triangle of space opens up between two walls and a sofa (especially if Awareness, or worse, Arrogance catches him).

"Thinking?" His voice offers the word simply, without elaboration, and he can feel his eyes widen innocently up at his friend. Bliss does whatever it takes to maintain the status quo between them, because, secretly, ignorance is bliss and without ignorance, he thinks he would have a very hard time being happy at all. Because, secretly, he thinks that he is one of the few that can make his sworn brother smile that precise smile; lightly tinged with self-assurance and well-meaning indulgence, highlighted by simple and undiluted him.

"Has Awareness been bullying you again?" Ignorance might as well be screaming, for all that he attempts to restrain his urge to yell - Bliss scares easily and if Awareness is around, he definitely does not want a repeat performance of whatever had happened earlier. The fair headed blonde blinks slowly at him and shakes his head, thoughtful. "No, just thinking."

"About?" He wiggles a little bit and presses himself closer to the walls to make room for his friend and the long limbs joining his folded legs tucked against stacks of linens. "A bit cramped in here, don't you think? Is this where you are always disappearing to? It's so dusty," he mutters, a running commentary of all the things flying through his head to his tongue, falling between them without censor. Bliss does not mind - it is what makes them so good together. Their shoulders are squeezed tightly together since the closet is not meant to hold one person, let alone two (then again, what closets are made to hold people at all?) and he sort of tucks his head into the crook of Ignorance's neck - Bliss breathes in deeply right as the body next to him spasms with a sneeze. He tugs a monogrammed handkerchief out from his pocket and somehow manages to pass it on without elbowing sensitive sides or dislocating a shoulder. "Horribly dusty," Ignorance amends into a crown of pale gold, a note of disgust riding his voice, stirring a layer of fine amber strands with his breath.

"What in the world can you be doing in here?"

"Just thinking."

"Well," Ignorance drawls, drawing out the word as he is apt to do, "Doing is always much better than just thinking. And there is nothing to do in a linen closet."

Bliss doesn't correct him (he doesn't say that maybe that is why he does his thinking in linen closets and not his doing, or that there are plenty of times when thinking has made him happier than just doing - such as thinking about what to buy for the local orphanage, since Christmas is fast approaching, or what kind of cupcakes he would like to eat tomorrow). If Ignorance thought half as much as he just did then he would not be Ignorance at all.

Timid Dabbler

sobbb
so many scenes I want to write for maya too...
maybe I will just do them all hurhurhur.

BaneIing's Widow

It's so so cuuuute!!! ; w; Write moar, yes!!! 8DD

Timid Dabbler

aaw thankyou saya.
<3

BaneIing's Widow

you're welcome~ ; ^; So so moar? -shot-

Timid Dabbler

Well am going to work on maya`s next.
Either that or DW fic for ana. * v *

And DW is bound to be angsty unless I
convince myself to write something without
angst. It would be a nice change of pace
since almost all my DW fics are angsty.

... and I get the feeling maya is going to
get a mix of both.

BaneIing's Widow

Oooh yay~ I can't wait to read it~ *^*
Hehe not wrong with a mix of both~ xD

Timid Dabbler

mayamei
These two in whatever pov you want? ;A; <3
there were so many more scenes I wanted to write but...
gksllajl;jh

excuse the word vomit.
// went overboard again and ended up with about 85Owords

NOW I CAN GO READ LUTE'S AWESOMENESS THOUGH.
// frolics

four times zinnias bloomed (and the one time they didn't)

They meet on the battlefield - when she is torn and breaking and down to just her faith and her strength (faith in her country, faith in her people - faith in her faith, she clings to the earth and that is her strength). He finds her fading, pale at the edges like mist lit by morning light, but her fingers curl and dig into every last scrap of her heart. She defies him and his eyes, she dares him by simply being and even though her fragile strings have been cut and her limbs are crumpled lifelessly around her shining core, she lifts her chin and presses her lips together, pride in every graceful flutter of her lashes. "Demon," she greets and he nods, intrigued, lured in by the secrets in her too dark and too black gaze (she sucks him in like a black hole, this one, and the gravity of her voice is too great a pull).

"You are dying," he comments blandly, curious. "Shouldn't you be, ah, praying to your God? Or spending these last moments grieving, in fear or shock, or some such human thing?"

Tennui has always found the various reactions to death fascinating and she is the most fascinating of them all when she curls her lip slightly, repulsed by what she has to do, but willing, willing down to the final shred of her slipping grip on hope. "I would beg a favor," she begins, delicately picking her words. She is genuine and severe and not at all like anything he has ever seen before, this lady of blood and death and the terrible, terrible scent of devotion. When he does not speak, too busy watching this anomaly of degrading flesh and not-yet ash, Melen takes this as her chance, her chance to be what she needs to be.

"Chain me," she whispers, whispers against the self that rails against what she is doing, against the morality that screams and retches and tells her over and over about what a Very Bad Idea this is; against the humanity that falls to its knees when all she is is more than this. He takes a seat on a pile of bodies, playing at nonchalance, but oh so very much drinking in the sounds of her breath hitching and rising, the thunderous way her heart beats in her chest. His is perhaps skipping a bit too fast in excitement. "Do you know what happens if I grant you this favor? Nothing in the world is free."

Melen nods, regal even though her periwinkle curls are falling riotously around her face, matted and knotted by drying blood and gore. "Nothing in this world is ever free," she agrees when he takes her hand and speaks the words that will change them forever. These words will haunt her one day and everyday after that.

She screams - screams her pain and her sorrow and her guilt - she screams to red skies and raven death, she screams her defiance into the silence of perished comrades and friends. Tennui's hands are gentle when he catches her.

The person she is before this moment when the world is shining and bleak, when it folds in on itself and explodes deep inside her (deep where no hand can touch, where she is made of all her memories and all her dreams), falls into the fragrance of zinnias.

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈≪ ❀ ≫┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"Eat your spinach."

"But it tastes like - like green muck!"

"Eat your spinach, Tennui. We can play Scrabble later."

"... I hate spinach."

"A-are those..."

"They are Zinnias. Pretty aren't they?"

"But... I thought you said that - "

"I have a sentimental attachment."

"I don't need new clothes!"

"You can't go around wearing nothing! It's not decent."

"I am a demon, remember? Since when are we decent?"

"You will be decent if you want to ever see a board game again."

"I don't need new clothes! And that is a disgusting shade of red! Do you people really dress your children in those colors?"

Melen cannot quite believe how lonely she feels without him. Not really.

How can it be real, when she still feels the ghost of his soul - when she has lived for so long as an adjunct to his pulse? Just a few days ago, he was being young and irritating and refusing to brush his teeth and now everything has gone literally to hell. Mechanically, she waters her flowers and steels herself for the day she wakes up and her armor of shock and numbness has fled - the watering can trembles in her hand and she looks at it, wonderingly, until she realizes that it is not trembling on its own. Meticulously, she sets it down lightly, fingers controlled and purposeful.

The next day she finds that the zinnias she so prizes are dead, their sepia husks a shadow of their former splendor. Something small and tiny and utterly irreplaceable snaps irreparably in two (like them - like Melen and Tennui, Tennui and Melen - one soul of two, or is it two souls of one, she could never decide - gone, gone forever). Their flower shop reeks of dead zinnias.

She cannot quite believe how lonely she feels.

BaneIing's Widow

;____________; It's beautiful~ <33 Poor Tennui. ;w;

Timid Dabbler

I think I might finish up this batch and then severely
cut down the amount of slots. I mean, I'll probably do a page
200 event like I did for page 100, but I don't know if I will
accept as many slots as I have been doing. Like...two slots
instead of four.

Timid Dabbler

Okay lute, please don`t hate me but...
seki is going to write DW fic for ana now.

OTL

// can not resist anymore
bbe....you are so amazing....hold on while i rereade and gather my thoughts aljdfba;skjba;jf heart heart heart

Timid Dabbler

// sobs anxiously
akgj;lg;aaaaaa AAAH
just read lute's genius and it shames meeeee.

W-WHY DID WE DO THE SAME SCENE, HER'S
IS SO MUCH BETTER. TT A TT
the first line...gah just hooked me in *Q*!!! you make melen so ridiculously badass even when she's dying lol.
And I love how you stuck a bit of fluff in there after melen's screaming in agony, go tennui *w*b

AND LOOOL thats so true w/ the clothing! I don't think melen would want her companion wandering around half-naked all the time..

the last part... emo its like a full circle from lonely ten to lonely mel. /sobs
her not even realizing she was trembling just...): can't really describe but BAW BBE YOU ARE SO AMAZING.

thank you soso much ;A; heart heart heart

edit: NO YOU'RE UNREALISTICLY AMAZING.
you each have osm versions of that scene ;A; i'm actually shocked at how similar they are. genius telepathy..

I LOVE YOU BOTH FFFFF <3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces