Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Elocutionist

Shop closed for the time being.

slot status | rules + faqs

Beloved Elocutionist

Beloved Elocutionist

User Image

User Image
        The base price is listed underneath each category. I will accept base price offers unless I have a good reason to decline (i.e. I do not like the subject, I have problems drawing something on your subject, etc...). Base offers will not be declined solely because of the price. Naturally, offers that are higher than the base price are more likely to be accepted, but are not necessarily guaranteed a slot. If I won't draw something, sometimes I just won't draw it regardless of price.

User Image
          BASE PRICE: 50,000g
          This is pretty much my ever-changing 'chibi', for lack of a more appropriate, English word. Typically the subject will have cute expression and features, and perhaps a fun pose. But for those of you who aren't into the cutesy fru-fru, I can make it silly, more kooky or even crazy looking. These are usually done very quickly and with more leniency in regards to anatomy and physics, sacrificing those instead for pukingly adorable eyeballs, little round toes, and humor.
            samples:
            User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image
          BASE PRICE: 60,000g
          I quickly sketch out a few ideas and pick my favorite. Next I'll embellish the sketch and give it clearer lines. Then I'll add in some shading/coloring, depending on several factors (including your payment, my inspiration, and my free time). The finished product is not completely refined, but the coloring usually makes up for the technical errors. /shameless
            samples:
            User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image
          BASE PRICE: 120,000g
          This is just like #2, but I will actually take more time on the lines and coloring so it looks more crisp and clean, and I'll take more time to eliminate problems with anatomy and out-of-the-line-ness. I ain't making promises of perfection, but it will be a dang sight better than #2.
            samples: (highest offer to lowest offer)
            User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image
          BASE PRICE: 300,000g
          My version of 'realism,' though it's not always accurately realistic. It's basically just a #3 with several more steps, which sometimes include removing the lines (but not always, sometimes I'll add color to them so that they blend better) and taking more time on the colored layers so they look less 'fake'. This really only works when someone wants me to make a drawing of a real person or a realistic-looking OC. Due to the time it takes for me to be pleased with this style, I'll only do bust/headshots of people in this style.
            samples:

User Image
      • Will I accept items, or a combination of items and gold?
        I will only accept items or an item/pure combination if each item is on my wishlist, or if each item is worth at least as much as the base price.

• Will I do couples or groups?
        Yes, but only if I like ALL the subjects. I really don't do well with them, so it's not usually worth the wait and price. Sorry to disappoint.
        For groups of 2-5, each person will cost 150% of the original cost.
        For groups of 6 or more, each person will cost 300% of the original cost.
        Each style is different, so the prices will be different. Just ask, and I'll let you know if you have any more questions.

• Is there a form?
        Nope. You post what style you want and what price you'd like to pay, and we'll discuss the art by posting here. :]

• Will I PM your art to you?
        No. I will post it here and complete my portion of the trade. That's your cue to come back and check out the preview of your art before you finish the trade. After the trade is complete, I will post a full version (or a link to it) in this thread.

User Image
        You can almost always get me to draw by bribing me with one of the items below. Click the icon to go to the marketplace information page. n_n
        User Image User Image User Image User Image

TITLE: Welcome; Slots.
ARTWORK: Commissions; Most recent art.

BUSINESS: Styles & Prices; FAQs; Current Lusts.
ABOUT: Technical Info; Art Spotlight; About Esqueue.
OTHER: Advertisement; Affiliates.

Beloved Elocutionist

User Image

User Image
    I draw using a very limited variety of tools. Namely thus: openCanvas 4.5.18 plus, and my Toshiba PORTÉGÉ tablet laptop. My scanner doesn't work, so I don't use any traditional media on a regular basis.

All artwork is © Esqueue. Do not use without permission. If purchased, the art may be used on Gaiaonline.com alone. If you would like to post the art anywhere else, please ask me for permission before you do. I'll probably say yes, so don't be afraid. ;D

User Image
    Recipient: 2010s (a.k.a. Dan)
    Date Completed: Sunday September 5th, 2010
    Portrait style

RIDICULOUS. This took me the whoooole day to finish! And that was only after I had already discarded over 3 different attempts previously. In the past, I would have given up at that point, but as luck would have it, I got a massive inspiring punch-in-the-teeth that I couldn't ignore. So, since I had the day off, why not draw? Obviously I worked really hard on it.
    Thanks for the commission (and the awesome tip!) Dan!

User Image
    Hey there! I'm Esqueue, a.k.a. Lyle. Call me either, or abbreviated versions or whatever... As long as it's not insulting, I'll prolly answer to it. xD
    I'm 21, and I've been drawing ever since I could hold a crayon. I was really interested in art my entire life (and not just drawing/painting stuff, I mean fine art like music, theatre, etc...), so I'm probably going to be doing something along those lines as a job for the rest of my life. And even if I don't get that chance, I'll do it all on the side since I love it so much!
    Speaking of loving art, I looooove drawing for you guys here on Gaia because I'm not exceptionally creative in the making-up-my-own-things category... I like to take something someone has thought up and make it look good. I'm more of a second-hand creator. Almost like an editor. Which makes avatar art and OC art perfect for me! I don't have to actually make the character myself, I just have to draw them and make them look good! Also, since I love to draw, I'm not totally hung up on gold, so hugemongous bribes don't necessarily make me super-happy. Ususally if I see a massive bribe, it makes me cringe because I'm expecting some sort of uggo subject that someone expects me to draw. xD
    But I digress (which is common in About me sections)... even though the digressing was, in fact, describing things about me... Oh well. Obviously you can tell that I like to type long paragraphs full of fun little balls of joy. I'm surprised you've read thus far... Most people take a look and say "TL;DR, LYLE! D<", but not you! You're sticking it out! What a trooper!
    More about me: I secretly love to sing, but I only do it in my car since nobody can hear me when my windows are rolled up. I'm pretty private IRL, and I don't like people listening or looking over my shoulder, or watching me eat.
    I love to listen to people.
    I love to correct people's grammar... but I don't do it often because everyone gets so upset about it. HARUMPH.
    I could go on for a novel about my life story and other crap, but I know nobody cares THAT much because I don't care THAT much about other people's About Me sections... so I'm done.
    THE END!

Beloved Elocutionist

User Image

User Image
        If you'd like to advertise my shop, then you can copy this code and put it wherever you feel like putting it!
          [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.42906127/][IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/xm4ccy.jpg[/IMG][/url]

User Image
        If you'd like to affiliate, please post a link to your shop in this thread. You can take the code from above to put in your thread and I'll add your to this list!

blahhhh

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces