Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
**graphics by iGiggly

Start Date:: 4/29/2014 lxEnd Date:: TBA
Will choose a date after receiving a minimum of 20 entries
User Image

▶ ▷Respect everyone in the thread.
          ▷Follow the Terms of Service- know what is appropriate for this site.
          ▷Make sure to read everything in this post, and the entire profile/post that comes with the character you wish to draw. I will ignore those that do not (it will be obvious enough) and the art submitted wrongly will not be counted.
          ▷Prizes are subject to change due to gaining more gold.
          ▷Prizes have to be unlocked in order to win (at least 5 per category)
          ▷Not really a rule, but I'd love it if you'd post WIPs or at least say that you are interested, otherwise I'll feel as if no one cares and get antsy and want to close this early.

╔══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Also not a rule but for every artist you recommend here, you will receive 1mil. It counts even if you didn't personally recommend but they seen the banner in your siggy. All they have to do is put your user name under "recommended" when filling out the entry form.

╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Q: How many times can I win?
          You may enter as many times as you wish however if you win any of the top four prizes, you can only win once.

Q: And if I don't win one of those four?
          Then you can be eligible to win more than once but not for the same piece. So say you win "The Cutest" for the first artwork you entered, you can still win "Most Epic" with another piece you've entered.

Q: Do I get artistic freedom?
          I'm kind of strict on how I want them to look, however I do state in their profiles where and when you can utilize artistic freedom and change things up a bit.

Q: So, you want them all drawn?
          Yes, all except for Ianto. Ianto is a character in my OC's Universe made by a good friend of mine. Since he's not technically mine, I do not wish to get art of him unless he is paired with Kael or Jezebel. I will not accept any artwork of him alone.

Q: Do I absolutely have to draw the twins together?
          Yes, you absolutely have to draw the twins together- they are inseparable, so I will not be accepting art of them if they are not together in the same piece.

Q: A lot of them are Angels.... do we have to draw wings...?
          Absolutely not. It is entirely up to you if you wish to take them on or not. However, do keep in mind that one of the prizes you can win is solely dedicated to their wings.

Q: It's too close to the deadline! I don't think I can make it!
          That's alright. So long as you show me a WIP, I will extend the deadline for you. Rushed art is never as good as something you've spent precious time on.

Q: Not all of the categorys got enough entries, what happens then?
          I will not be giving out the prizes of those that do not reach their goal. If you were trying for that category, you are still eligible to win the others though, so don't worry.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask in the thread or PM me your concerns.

User Image

Grand Prize:
User Image 4bil

First Place: 3bil
Second Place: 2bil
Third Place: 1bil

The Greatest of the Great

The Cutest: 700mil
Most Epic: 700mil
Best Couple: 800mil
Best Wings: 700mil
Most Heart-breaking: 700mil

Best Of Prizes
(must receive a minimum of 5 entries per character to unlock these)

Best of Darek: 400mil
Best of Kael: 400mil
Best of Patrick: 400mil
Best of Jezreel: 400mil
Best of Leah: 400mil
Best of Aiden: 400mil
Best of Theron: 400mil
Best of Austin: 400mil
Best of Elle: 400mil
Best of Ailana: 400mil
Best of Ravine: 400mil
Best of Eve: 400mil
Best of Bayani: 400mil
Best of Arianna and Alessio: 500mil
Best of Naomi: 400mil

Honorable Mentions:

100mil
100mil
100mil
100mil

User Image

All characters can be found here.

Pairings:

Dark and Kael
The main protagonists and brothers and yet could not hate each other more. Darek teased and picked at Kael's psyche in the worse ways imaginable, trying to get him to be more blood-thirsty and violent and all-around evil like the rest of their family. However, now the roles have been reversed now that Darek has lost his memory; Kael can't help but hold a grudge even if he does seem like he's changed.

Darek and Jezreel
Love interest; unwillingly at first, he was the only one to give her attention in her dog form (give a dog some love and they'll never forget it type of deal). Darek is the only one to convince her, scared out of her mind as she was, to go into Pandora's Box with him.

Darek and Aiden
The main protagonist and the main antagonist (before Patrick) and also brothers. Both come from Pandora's Box so they are naturally nasty but only Darek directed it at his own family. Aiden bit his tongue for many years if only to keep his family together. If drawn together, Aiden should look hurt or holding back anger.

Darek and Theron
Close friends even though Theron annoys the hell out of him ninety percent of the time. Theron is the only one who can sympathize with him when he begins seeing horrific images (beginning to get his memories back) because despite Darek's attempt to push it away, Theron is able to "see" what he sees as well since he is a mind reader.

Darek and Ravine
Brothers, not by blood but by a mutual Archangel father. They become close when Darek is in Heaven (during which his mind was erased and was placed with the Archangel to start a new life). When Darek falls to Earth, they become unwilling enemies; Ravine taking orders from the panel of Archangels at the time though he defies them to be by his brother's side (though he never makes it because of Patrick).

Darek and Eve
Two halves of a whole; they came from Pandora's Box as one but split in two during the experiments in Heaven. Eve maintains most of their sadistic nature which seeks him out and tortures him mentally to come back to the "dark side" when he loses his memories.

Kael and Ianto
Partnered together to try to keep the peace between Heaven and Hell (Kael being from Heaven and Ianto from Hell). Although Kael's personality is naturally annoying, Ianto has grown to love him. Literally. Kael is slow, to say in the least, so if drawn together, no super love-y poses. He is blind to Ianto's love for him though they do share a kiss when Kael has to go back into Pandora's Box.

When Kael is in his Djinn form (a form that he isn't even aware of, he transforms unknowingly if he is hurt or near Pandora's Box) he instinctively attacks Ianto because he is a demon/presumably evil even near killing him at one point but never once does Ianto defend himself. If drawn together, it should be sad/tragic, not at all cute.

Kael and Jezreel
Close friends though she can go days on end ignoring/avoiding him when he upsets her (which is more often than naught seeing as he speaks before he thinks). If drawn together, they should be friendly not a couple.

Kael and Eve
Brother and sister from Pandora's Box; Eve likes to control him mentally especially when he refuses to play house with her. She even dresses him up in her kind of lolita dresses and makes him have "tea" with her. If drawn together, she should be the only one happy.

Patrick and Aiden
Brothers from Pandora's Box and are two halves of a whole having come out of the box as one entity until the experiments in Heaven. They are best friends while participating in the Rebellion however that changes very quickly when Darek awakens their own horrible memories. Aiden still holds onto his humanity because of Leah which angers Patrick knowing that he would choose her over his family so he mortally wounds him, absorbing him to make one entity again.

Patrick and Ravine
The only time they meet is when they have a dramatic fight when Patrick learns that Ravine is going to Darek's side. Hating that Darek only recognizes Ravine as his brother, Patrick takes drastic measures. Patrick is the ultimate victor in the end.

Jezreel and Ianto
Dealing with Kael on a regular basis has made these two best friends. Absolutely not a couple though.

Jezreel and Naomi
Both have been through much together, making them best friends though it would seem strange. They look like complete opposites (Jezreel being more up-tight looking and Naomi being very boy-ish) but it doesn't bother them at all.

Leah and Aiden
Love interest; they used to always be together until his memories started coming back and he began to get distant from her (but always protective of her though because he cares and just thinks of her as property is debatable). If drawn together, they can be lovey-dovey, kinda distant/awkward, or what I'd really like: Patrick kills her and he has a heart-breaking moment when he mourns her, crying out.

Austin and Elle
Love interest (husband and wife).

Ailana and Ravine
Love interest (would-be-fiance); she is the one to convince him to go to Darek's side when he begins to question his loyalty to the Archangels. He was going to propose to her but the chaos Darek's fall caused made him postpone it. She fights alongside him post-apocalyptically against Patrick in his and Ravine's re-match.

Arianna and Alessio
Always together no matter what. During the apocalypse they can be found terrorizing humans by using their stolen gas masks to lull them into a false sense of security and torture them. If drawn together, they should be disgustingly cute even couple-y from time to time.

Can make crack pairings however they can not be OOC;; ask if you're unsure.
User Image

[align=center][quote="Hydeous"][/quote]
[IMG]http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh153/Seh_13/cooltext1515725127_zpsa9b8943a.png[/IMG]
[color=gray]Username: (self-explanatory)
Art: (post as a url if it's big enough to page stretch)
Recommended?: (yes or no; if yes, put their username here)[/color][/align]

All entries can be found here.
Entries received: 3

User Image

Monthly Raffle
Each time you submit a drawing, your name will be entered once into the raffle,
and by the end of the month, I will roll a random dice to determine the winner of the month.
If you have multiple entries, you up your chances of winning.
Prizes will be kept a mystery; expect the price range to be anywhere from 20mil-300mil
depending on the number of entries received for the month.
May - Miss_nina123

User Image

User Image

[align=center][url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-contests/there-be-angels-13bil-in-prizes-setting-up-dnp/t.91821803_1/][img]http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh153/Seh_13/iGigglybanner_zps94b38e3f.gif[/img][/url][/align]

PM me your banner and I'll put it here!

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff