Welcome to Gaia! ::

Prepared for Star Driver not so s2?

Yeppers! 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 17 ]
Maybe... 0.19607843137255 19.6% [ 10 ]
I just like Sundays, and maybe the mecha. 0.27450980392157 27.5% [ 14 ]
I will complain about the fanservice cause I'm an obnoxious dolt! 0.19607843137255 19.6% [ 10 ]
Total Votes:[ 51 ]
1 2 3 4 5 >

4,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
User Image
Gents, I present you our brand new Star Driver Sunday
What's with car companies and giant robots and moe girls this year

User Image
Spynosis: Our MC is a Genki girl who German suplexes giant robots to submission

Rinne no Lagrange or Lagrange: The Flower of Rin-ne is about Madoka who is the only member of the Jersey SKET dan Club. One day, after school she is approached by a not Rei clonea girl named Lan, who then asks her if she could ride a robot.

So let me just get this out of the way. Its a freaking Nissan car commercial with a span of 24 episodes. Said car is pretty cute however. Oh and its being produced by Production IG, though animated by Xebec.

Here's a better Trailer(since the PV was s**t)

Other comment:
Well, I gave the first Episode a try, and it was crap quality(though in their defense its a stream rip). Story itself is pretty meh, but for a car commercial, I didn't really have high expectations. It's also laden with fan-service, which comes in three different flavors. The mechs are pretty nice(as opposed to the car which it was based on). The comedy bits aren't that bad either. And it airs at sundays, Sundays emotion_dowant
:EDIT:
Not sure is legit, but season 2 already planned confused

4,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
The cast and their (half-assed translated) Bio

User Image
Kyouko Madoka:
The Cheery main character with a personality of helping people. She pilots the Vox Aura which she may have a connection in the past.

User Image
Lan/Fin e ld si laffinity:
She's an Alien who was just sent to earth and the pilot of the Vox Rympha. An expressionless girl who has to learn her surroundings through weird sources.

User Image
Muginami:
She's also an alien, though her personality differs from Lan. She might be hiding some secret underneath her behavior. Pilot of the Vox ignis.

User Image
Ayane:
A member of the tennis club, and is the same year as Madoka

User Image
Takakura Erika:
The student council and kendo club president. She prefers Madoka as her sparring partner

User Image
Kondo Michi:
Member of the astronomy club. A classmate of Madoka and is easily interested in things

User Image
Igarashi Shouko:
A member of the kendo club who holds great respect for erika.

User Image
Nogami Sachi:
member of the Kamogawa surf club, and Madokas Childhood friend(strangely enough she wasn't even added in the first Ep)

User Image
Kuzuhara Tomoe:
Member of the Movie research club, she produces self made movies about high school.

User Image
Iwabuchi Machiko:
kamogawa girl High's PE teacher. Acts somewhat of an advisor to Madoka's almost non-existant club.

User Image
Nakaizumi Hiroshi:
Owner of the surfing shop-chum-restaurant. He is the father of Nakaizumi and Madoka's uncle. His a pretty cool guy who will definitely suffer from a lack of screen time.(2nd oldest charcter in the show)

User Image
Nakaizumi Youko:
Madoka's cosuin and foster parent. She is a researcher for a marine archeology lab. She's well versed in pro-wrestling.(and you can thank her for that awesome finisher move)

User Image
Serizawa Souta:
Marince archeologist and Youko's assistant. his somewhat famous in the science world. God knows why he does low ends job for a woman.

User Image
James Row:
The leader of Team Pharos communications team. For someone who is a foreigner he sucks at English. Then again he was raised in good ol Nippon(and that might be a reason for his figure collecting)

User Image
Euhara Haruka:
Team leader of Vox control division. A waifu candidate

User Image
Watabe Eri:
The captain of Pharos as well as the team leader for navigation and reconnaissance(also the oldest character in the show)

User Image
Moid:
He is Lan's supervisor. He has a cool personality and his favorite is Le pudding a la mode(I have no idea what the hell is that. But I don't like this guy)

User Image
Todokoro Shouzou:
Commander of Earth defense front line base, Pharos. He is bad with formalities, and dislike fixing his neck tie

User Image
Array:
A genius who came to earth with the same intention as his companions. A spoiled b*****d, and is the pilot of the Obidd Teneritas

User Image
Izo:
The wild and belligerent guy of the group. He is taught to appreciate and take care of his friend by some queen. Pilot of Obidd Voluntas

User Image
Kirius:
A skilled swordman who swears not to lose to anyone. Though his seriousness can be considered somewhat of a weakness. Pilot of the Obidd lberas

User Image
DiSalle Mine:

User Image
Villa Julio:

4,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
And the nissansmechas

Vox type:

User Image
Vox Aura:
Despite being Madoka's Vox, it only posses basic stats as opposed to its sister units, though its still a formidable machine.(It could be better through the series)

User Image
Vox Rympha:
Lan's Vox. This mecha focuses more onto a defensive type.It also has the ability to form a shield.

User Image
Vox Ignis:
Its the more offense oriented of the three and is a heavy bombarder. Muginam's Vox.

Orbidd type(I seriously hope this guys are just customized grunts)

User Image
Teneritas

User Image
Voluntas

User Image
Libertas

4,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
User Image
~ware ware wa~
I ask that you don't dare complain about the fanservice. Or I will punch you

Questionable Hero

24,325 Points
  • Healer 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • Hunter 50
THE GIRL WHO LEAPED THROUGH SPACE, except not in space.

4,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Shintouyu

Explain further, for I cannot see a slight similarity between the two?

Questionable Hero

24,325 Points
  • Healer 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • Hunter 50
GunSstray
Shintouyu
Nah, that's just the vibe I get from watching the trailer.
Though it obviously lacks REROUCH/LELOUCH/LEOPARDO.

Also, it's Leapt, huh... Stop telling me it's wrong then, spellcheck, goddamnit.

4,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Shintouyu
GunSstray
Shintouyu
Nah, that's just the vibe I get from watching the trailer.
Though it obviously lacks REROUCH/LELOUCH/LEOPARDO.

Also, it's Leapt, huh... Stop telling me it's wrong then, spellcheck, goddamnit.

Oh never mind, I though you meant the movie except replaced time with space. sweatdrop
God I need to watch the last 2 episodes, and that glorious Laughing space colony emotion_dowant

4,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Dang it mates. At least give the new winter animes a try!

For Tomorrow's Husband

does it have lesbians

4,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Riunite
does this have lesbians

The ad manga about the prequel has a s**t ton of lesbian action there. So I'll go with yes, and maybe on the anime.

Benevolent Genius

13,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Mark Twain 100
The Vox cars are in this?! D: I didn't know that. I'll give it a chance, but those Vox cars do look silly. They should make one with Aztecs and Edsels in them next. rofl

4,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Tenko72
The Vox cars are in this?! D: I didn't know that. I'll give it a chance, but those Vox cars do look silly. They should make one with Aztecs and Edsels in them next. rofl

I'll be honest. I don't like nissan's car designs as a whole(unless they're re rendered into mechas by Nakamura Shirou) emotion_awesome

Invisible Genius

4,950 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Forum Regular 100
The Love that Lasts the Longest...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Say something new!
I have nothing left...
I can't face the DARK without you!
Sad fact is... those mecha look fairly standard, actually.
There's nothing left to lose..!
The fight never ends!!
I can't face the DARK without you!

...Is the One that can never be.

Fluffy Creature

I'm liking this (though this is unsurprising considering my tastes). I just hope it doesn't get too yuri. I'm also a tad worried that Madoka is a little too perfect.

Did anyone else get amusing Madoka Magica flashbacks when the sister was trying to stop Madoka from becoming a magical girl pilot of a giant robot?

Also <3 Megumi Nakajima OP and ED (though not so much love for the ED)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff