Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
Spoilers, duh.

So, for the most part, I understood this series perfectly. Everything fit into place, everything made sense. More or less, that is, but I was satisfied.

Then Abe meets his past self, which causes a time paradox, ripping the universe open so aliens could invade. Fine. But then... He charges one of them, kills it with his telekinesis, and all of a sudden they all disappear. That's the part I'm having trouble with.

Logically, destroying himself at that point wouldn't matter, because the paradox already happened, and the damage was already done. And even beyond that, how does killing one aline cause all of them to die/retreat? What the hell was that about?

Shy Seeker

Uuuuuuuugh. Just seeing the name of this title pop up again gives me a feeling of loathing. u_u

I thought the whole series was pretty bad. Several of the characters were annoying, I remember feeling even before the ending that a few things didn't make sense, and... then that weird ending just kind of sealed the deal on how awful I felt this series is. Unfortunately, I can't provide an explanation for you regarding the conclusion because I'm lacking one myself. x_x
Think of the Avengers ending. Abe sealed the portal so that the alien invasion couldn't happen, thus saving the world from the apocalypse.

How? He was finally motivated to bust out super psychic mode and his child self got some sweet loving.

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
NinjaSai
Think of the Avengers ending. Abe sealed the portal so that the alien invasion couldn't happen, thus saving the world from the apocalypse.

How? He was finally motivated to bust out super psychic mode and his child self got some sweet loving.

Yeah, but in the Avengers, it was stated explicitly that the aliens shared a hive mind and were controlled by the mothership. I'm not saying it made sense, but it was explained. In OA, we never learn ANYTHING about how the aliens or their invasion works.
The aliens in Occult Academy seemed like a pretty blatant reference to War of the Worlds. Don't think too much of it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff