Welcome to Gaia! ::

Goosies Moosies's Husband

Grumpy Feesh

Well, all, feel free to keep discussing this. That's what Site Feedback is for, discussion about how we think Gaia could improve basically. I want to truly represent the community when I update, so I want to know what you all prioritize. For example, I'd like bots to be hammered out too, but I would also like to see items being in the making (Since a whole set like that will take time) for when it's a bit more safe to release something like that. I even have possible ideas I consider proposing to an artist in regards to making their job easier, but I want to know exactly how bad the community as a whole wants what. I know DJ really wants those items to come out, and specifically with decently difficult exchange rates. I also know others have more concerns about botters. Let's speak up about this a bit, get some discussion going instead of just nudging this to the first page. Let's give this thread a reason to have others post.

7,300 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Tycoon 200
Well I would like a quest for fishing.

(I think this idea has been hovering for a while)
But I would love new items smile But like it has been said, only when the bots are starting to clear. (Or being dealt with better)

And yes, difficult exchange rates would be great, but if it were to do with exchanging fish then everyone could get it without fishing, so maybe some other way of doing it so they have to fish? (using stats or something, or counting how many buckets)
But a difficult exchange rate would be great.
New items would be nice, but I'd like to see bots killed first. An exchange for rare fish would be nice as well, but would also require bots to be killed off. We don't want even more botted rares, but more legit ones would definitely be awesome.

Professional Genius

From my point of view, bots are at the root of most of the problems for the fishing community. While there's no way - yet - to get rid of all bots and prevent all future botting, I must ask if there's any way to make this item update more or less "bot proof" without it causing trouble for regular users?
If the items revolved around large fish, that might lessen the impact bots have, but getting rid of bots is probably the most efficient way to go about things.

Where's my increased rare rate for hardcore fishers? >_>
I think before any new items come out... the botting situation must first be dealt with. I know that in the Q&A the Admins have been doing the last few months there was some mention of adding bot-prevention methods. I'd like to actually see those things come to life. Because if the bots aren't taken care of first, then the new items won't change the fishing economy at all. Especially as some of the bots do sell their fish as items, Sharp Teeth being a huge example of this. They actually went up to 1000g (pre-bot price) during December when the bots weren't selling but a bot last month brought the price back down to 700g within two days of January starting.

----
The Candy Striper is known to lure little children with its alluring candy shell exterior.
These children are fooled into believing they've found the motherload of candies then
are gobbled up by this vicious carnivorous fish!
HAHAHHAHA! Stupid children...

User Image

Animated Otaku

29,200 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Nerd 50
Gaidin
Well, all, feel free to keep discussing this. That's what Site Feedback is for, discussion about how we think Gaia could improve basically. I want to truly represent the community when I update, so I want to know what you all prioritize. For example, I'd like bots to be hammered out too, but I would also like to see items being in the making (Since a whole set like that will take time) for when it's a bit more safe to release something like that. I even have possible ideas I consider proposing to an artist in regards to making their job easier, but I want to know exactly how bad the community as a whole wants what. I know DJ really wants those items to come out, and specifically with decently difficult exchange rates. I also know others have more concerns about botters. Let's speak up about this a bit, get some discussion going instead of just nudging this to the first page. Let's give this thread a reason to have others post.
I'm normally not one to go with the flow, but I'm going to have to agree with the others. New items are great, but they're not going to do a darn bit of good if we don't take care of the botters first. Whatever it is in the games' coding that's allowing them to bot in the first place must be fixed before we can even discuss new items.

It seems there's been a lot of item updates lately, and I've been impressed with the quality, so I imagine the artists already have quite a bit of work on their hands.

7,300 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Tycoon 200
I think I'd just be glad to any attention to fishing smile
(At least they've fixed word bump... showing some attention to games smile )

Animated Otaku

29,200 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Nerd 50
I'm glad they fixed word bump, too. I'm not sure how long it's been down, but it's been down since before I joined. To the individuals responsible for getting it fixed, thank you. ^_^

Bump for fishy luv! ^_^
What about a new fishing spot? I know that's been a rumour floating around though I was never sure if it was legit or not, but it would be good for fishing.

Item exchange, even a rare fish exchange would be nice. It would at least drive up the prices of some of the fish if done properly.

But yeah, the botting issue is the most important. If we don't fix that, the rest of the fixes aren't going to matter.
Botting > New Items > TROPHIES!!! > Fishing spot > Battle system emo
Gaidin, thanks for having this thread still active and all. I modeled my similar effort to clean up GD after it. smile

Animated Otaku

29,200 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Nerd 50

Prophet

Back to ye olde tope pagee.

As a side note, if we do get new exchange items, I want high exchange rates. Like, HIGH exchange rates. Tickets continue to be worthwhile primarily because they are exchanged for good-lookin' items with a high cost. Same for fish, please?
. . . side note . . .

Some chump <_< >_> reminded me that rares don't require skill, all luck. Because I haven't said it recently, that sucks a whole lotta a**.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff